20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 144.
#4501 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

It really does look cool. Layout & art for the win.
My wife goes out of town in June.
Odds are, unless there's code or QC issues, my wife is gonna be pissed when she returns.
(I like to get my pins when she's gone)

Hahaha! I took a chance and told my wife I had to get a new pin 'cause it was so good--I just had to! (And, I haven't been tempted to buy NIB in a long time, so I had that going for me). Surprisingly she wasn't mad, just told me to make room (I agreed to move one, she suggested two...). Doesn't matter, she'll get mad when it arrives, anyway!

#4502 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

...(I like to get my pins when she's gone)

What else are you going to get? Think about it, you pull this stunt three times, you get in trouble three times. But if you buy three pins, when she returns you get in trouble once. Granted it's a big one but once. Stay with me, you probably have raised the bar so high, that you could buy a pin the next year she goes away and she'd only give you a shrug at that point. That's a win-win-win-annuatized_wins situation. Something to think about

#4503 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I need one of these masks to wear when I play the first game on my LE

I believed parts4pinball was in Norway...

#4504 5 years ago

Who would have believed pro's out of stock!

#4505 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Whoa, you're confusified. This is the point I was originally making. Iron Maiden IS metal, despite sounding softer now that what hard metal has become.

Exactly. This dude is confused.

#4506 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Melissa will take care of you! Cointaker = good people!

Agree

#4507 5 years ago

We've had our pro home for almost a week now, so I've gotten to log some real hours on it.
The more I play it the more I really love this machine and I'm really stoked we picked it up.

#4508 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Stern is not going to be able to keep up with the demand for quite some time. Those true believers who got their Pro orders in early were smart to do so (I didn't think I was going to like this pin all that much--boy was I wrong, so now I wait). Cranking out LE's and Premiums is only going to slow things down even more. Nice problem to have if you are Stern.

IMDN is shaping up to be Sterns greatest success

I can't believe to not hear of any QC issues ?

This is a great sign Stern Pinball is really trying to make the commitment for a better product.

Hope they don't start rushing to keep up with demand.

Keep up the great work Stern Pinball

#4509 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Who would have believed pro's out of stock!

Flip N Out Pinball has a couple in stock ready to ship. Tell them SDTM sent you

#4510 5 years ago
Quoted from xian222:

Anyone had a negative experience buying a machine from CoinTaker? I paid the balance in full for a Pro the first week of April. My issue is not that I don't have my Pro yet but that I seem to be getting the run around on when approximately I will get it. Getting a queazy feeling at this point with what I'm being told. Thanks.

I had my first bad experience lately with cointaker where things didnt go very good (late shipments and poor communication). I can say though without a doubt cointaker went above and beyond to make it right and repaired a relationship that i honestly didnt expect to be repaired. Because of how it was handled i would definately be willing to do business with them again.

#4511 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

What else are you going to get? Think about it, you pull this stunt three times, you get in trouble three times. But if you buy three pins, when she returns you get in trouble once. Granted it's a big one but once. Stay with me, you probably have raised the bar so high, that you could buy a pin the next year she goes away and she'd only give you a shrug at that point. That's a win-win-win-annuatized_wins situation. Something to think about

Been there, done that.

It’s how I bought my LOTR, TSPP & FGY

Now TWD, AS & my Golden Tee were all “wife out of town” purchases.

And to add an extra layer of terrible into the story of my shitty character... my wife was in the hospital when I bought Aerosmith (from birthing my 10lb baby boy).

Shit, I forgot to warn her about WWF & Baywatch way back in the day too.

Sometimes I feel like she doesn’t want me to have any fun lol

#4512 5 years ago

For anyone that is getting a Prem quote less than $7300 shipped will you PM me with info (if it’s 7100-7200 range like some of hinted on this thread I’d like to know, if it’s within $50 or less no need to)

#4513 5 years ago

Premium pictures.......... where are they ?

#4514 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

For anyone that is getting a Prem quote less than $7300 shipped will you PM me with info (if it’s 7100-7200 range like some of hinted on this thread I’d like to know, if it’s within $50 or less no need to)

For me saving $100 is not worth it! Find a good Distro who takes care of you with everything from warranty issues to allocations of hot games and stick with them.

#4515 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

I believed parts4pinball was in Norway...

They are a Norwegian company, but they are also distributors for Sweden, so this is probably from their Sweden office.

Games arrive in Sweden a few days before Norway (at least with boat)

Release party in Norway is in 3 days

#4516 5 years ago

I get my first pinball monday in 2 days. Cant wait to get Maiden in house. I had to make some changes to make space for it...my wife thought I did a good job untill I told here what the ekstra space was for

#4517 5 years ago

There are more then that,I know of 3 for sure coming from the US.
Had to find them where we could

Quoted from FlipMyBalls:

LE paid in full! Coming to canada! I heard a rumor theres only 10 in canada? Unsure if its true or not

#4518 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Please PM me as well anything less than $7300 shipped thanks

#4519 5 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

There are more then that,I know of 3 for sure coming from the US.
Had to find them where we could

Yea the 10 number may have been more like 10 allocated. People will find them where they can though! Did you get one Dan?

#4520 5 years ago

Just checked the IM webpage to see what they were posting about their great new pinball machine. Ummm...nothing. Didn't spend a lot of time on FB, but didn't see anything that came up quickly. I wonder just how involved the band is--I figured they wanted all those LE's to sell to their fans...

#4521 5 years ago
Quoted from xian222:

Anyone had a negative experience buying a machine from CoinTaker? I paid the balance in full for a Pro the first week of April. My issue is not that I don't have my Pro yet but that I seem to be getting the run around on when approximately I will get it. Getting a queazy feeling at this point with what I'm being told. Thanks.

Cointaker is awesome! I recently bought a MET Premium from Cointaker and i just gotta say that Melissa is awesome and a pleasure to deal with. I have no doubt that if i have any problems that she will see to it that it gets taken care of. That was my first purchase with Cointaker and they have all of my business moving forward unless they try and gouge me like my previous distro did.....and no i wont give any details so don't ask please. You bought from the right place imo.

#4522 5 years ago

Melissa is great no doubt!

#4523 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

This guy here has it all figured out guys! I am going to keep him in mind for future advice.

#4524 5 years ago

So I played iron maiden first time this weekend, two different machines, and the flippers felt harsh. Very clickety clickety and the sound was like playing without the glass. Sorry if this has been brought up or asked, but did they do something different with the flippers here? What ever it was, felt it was a step to the worse and didn't like it

#4525 5 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

So I played iron maiden first time this weekend, two different machines, and the flippers felt harsh. Very clickety clickety and the sound was like playing without the glass. Sorry if this has been brought up or asked, but did they do something different with the flippers here? What ever it was, felt it was a step to the worse and didn't like it

It should be twice as loud as a normal 2 flipper machine.
You have 4 plungers hitting against 4 coil stops instead of 2

#4526 5 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Have you played any other Spike games? Definitely a different sound and feel to Sam. Surely not as loud and “clickety” as your AMH though?

#4527 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Have you played any other Spike games? Definitely a different sound and feel to Sam. Surely not as loud and “clickety” as your AMH though?

AMH uses WPC style Williams mechs. No clickety there.

rd

#4528 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

AMH uses WPC style Williams mechs. No clickety there.
rd

Wasn’t my experience owning AMH, and TNA is probably even more “clickety”. Not sure why it’s so different, because as you say, it’s standard Williams mechs.

In any case, doesn’t bother me personally, just wondering why Stern/IMDN was singled out when there are other more “clickety” games being produced.

#4529 5 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

I'm already in for the Premium but this is certainly not what I was expecting for the LE art.
Expected something darker theme wise and more in lines with their album covers....wow this is colorful!

I love the theme and I think its an attractive looking game, but it does come across a little too much like a Rainbow Brite theme with the color selections. I agree, a little darker take on the theme and color scheme would have made it even better.

#4530 5 years ago

I'm wondering if same flipper mechs are used SAM v SPIKE ?
I haven't seen a pic of mini flip mech.
Possibly cabinet acoustics. People are saying new Spike is lighter. Has Stern gone to a different ply for cabinet ?
Maybe i'm just over thinking everything again

#4531 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Possibly cabinet acoustics. People are saying new Spike is lighter. Has Stern gone to a different ply for cabinet ?

It’s really a non issue. I personally like the “snappiness” of the Spike flippers. If there is any difference, I’m thinking it’s because there are 4 flippers vs 2.

#4532 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

I think components are getting smaller, metal back box, plastic aprons, LED boards and less wiring make a difference

#4533 5 years ago

I have played all the latest Sterns, even the ones that have 4 flippers like GoT but for some reason this felt different, more amplified. Can't put my finger in it, maybe it's just me

#4534 5 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

I have played all the latest Sterns, even the ones that have 4 flippers like GoT but for some reason this felt different, more amplified. Can't put my finger in it, maybe it's just me

Played one for 4 hours today. I think it’s just you imo. The flippers snappiness and mech sounds were exactly like every other modern stern in the lineup over the past 2 years.

#4535 5 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

I'll have to get by with my '77 100 watt JMP. Oh, I used to be in a KISS tribute band too. KISS'D.

With the late Paul Vege?

Shannon, Is That You?

#4536 5 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

I don't think it's you. TSPP is considerably louder than any machine I own. It makes sense as a two-flipper Stern is louder and more "clackedy" than a WMS to start with so the multi flipper models really show this off.

I have TSPP currently stuffed with foam to see if that would help but unfortunately it doesn't. The sound seems to reverberate right off the PF and straight up.

I calmed down the clack of LOTR by putting rubber sheets between the PF and the two mechs... obviously from the underside.
This DID help so it could be done on any Stern if you were really motivated. One day I am going to do this on the TSPP.

#4537 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

I can't believe to not hear of any QC issues ?

The one on location near me has issues out of the box. It is rediculous to need new node boards out of the box, but it is also what I expect on spike. No one is running to pinside to raise a stink, but it doesn't necessarily mean issues are not happening.

#4538 5 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

That just means you must set up the volume so you can enjoy the music from the best band there is

#4539 5 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I don't think it's you. TSPP is considerably louder than any machine I own. It makes sense as a two-flipper Stern is louder and more "clackedy" than a WMS to start with so the multi flipper models really show this off.
I have TSPP currently stuffed with foam to see if that would help but unfortunately it doesn't.

I did the same with my tspp. It's so loud even with peel and stick mini cell foam.

#4540 5 years ago

Any premium pics out yet ?

#4541 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Any premium pics out yet ?

Nope not yet unfortunately.

#4542 5 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I have TSPP currently stuffed with foam to see if that would help but unfortunately it doesn't. The sound seems to reverberate right off the PF and straight up.
I calmed down the clack of LOTR by putting rubber sheets between the PF and the two mechs... obviously from the underside.
This DID help so it could be done on any Stern if you were really motivated. One day I am going to do this on the TSPP.

Here is a mod that should help with your loud flipper problem.
It deactivates the upper flippers when not in use.
http://www.flippp.fr/pisim.php

#4543 5 years ago

Quoted from jeffsarcade:

thanks

12 songs

The Number of the Beast
Run to the Hills
Hallowed Be Thy Name
The Trooper
Flight of Icarus
Powerslave
Aces High
2 Minutes to Midnight
Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Waster Years
Can I Play With Madness
Fear of the Dark

I need to change Can I play with madness to Where Eagles dare, Wasted Years to Wrathchild, Fear of the Dark to Phantom of the Opera and maybe Rime to Quest for fire or Sun and Steel then all is right with the world.

#4544 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Nope not yet unfortunately.

Thx. Just got back today from a cruise. Did not have internet

How about high res pics of the LE playfield ?

#4545 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Thx. Just got back today from a cruise. Did not have internet
How about high res pics of the LE playfield ?

Not sure about hi res pics but i dont think there was anything except low res pics. I think Dead Flip is doing a stream on the LE on Tuesday though.

#4546 5 years ago

There was a link to Hi Res pictures here on pinside

#4548 5 years ago

1483397590aec0459d9ece2d779a2dae7f3439e6.jpeg (resized).jpg1483397590aec0459d9ece2d779a2dae7f3439e6.jpeg (resized).jpg

#4549 5 years ago

Wow nice pics, i didnt see those! Thank you!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 300.00
$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/91 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.