20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 144.
#4451 5 years ago

I get that the logistics are what they are, and LEs are what they are, and nothing I type will change anything, boo hoo.

But I like it a lot better when all three games are revealed at once, and you can look at them and make a decision. It sucks that you gotta just throw your money on faith, and when the Premium is finally revealed hope you're not mad at yourself.

#4452 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It sucks that you gotta just throw your money on faith, and when the Premium is finally revealed hope you're not mad at yourself.

I’ll bet it sucks far more when you’re trying to keep people working an assembly line while juggling licensees and their complete disregard for your timelines.

The cream on top is reading comments from your customer base that you’re not getting things done fast enough.

No disrespect to your post as I’m in complete agreement. When considering whether to pay the extra for an LE, it’s nice to know what you get for a cheaper priced Premium.

Licensees suck.

#4453 5 years ago

I thought Iron Maiden was a bad ass heavy metal rock band.

I thought they rode into their concerts upon tall black horses covered in blood with cold breath & play guitars made of diamond polished razor blades while calling upon Satan.

What’s this shit about licensing, attorneys & rejected art that doesn’t fit the bands new commercialized image?

That’s not very metal at all.

Maybe Stern can retheme Archer into A Black Sabbath pin. Can you imagine Sweet Leaf & War Pigs playing while Ozzy mumbled some shit irrelevant to the game and a topper of a headless bat flapped during multi Ball?

Shit, who am I kidding? Sharon probably just told Ozzy to clean his room & go to bed lol

#4454 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Maybe Stern can retheme Archer into A Black Sabbath pin. Can you imagine Sweet Leaf & War Pigs playing while Ozzy mumbled some shit irrelevant to the game and a topper of a headless bat flapped during multi Ball?

Imagine if Stern re-re-themed it into an Archer pin! I'd be more into that, personally ...

#4455 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I thought Iron Maiden was a bad ass heavy metal rock band.

They are not. They're more like Cock-Rock mixed with Rush. how anyone could listen to this and think it's "hard" in any way is beyond me. <---i just mean the stuff on the pin...not the original lead singer when they were an actual heavy metal band.

#4456 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

how anyone could listen to this and think it's "hard" in any way is beyond me. <

It’s more like classic music.

#4457 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Imagine if Stern re-re-themed it into an Archer pin! I'd be more into that, personally ...

Lol wouldn't put it past them!

#4458 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

They are not. They're more like Cock-Rock mixed with Rush. how anyone could listen to this and think it's "hard" in any way is beyond me. &lt;---i just mean the stuff on the pin...not the original lead singer when they were an actual heavy metal band.

They are what metal was in the beginning, and so are still a metal band. Metal has progressed and blown into a hundred subgenres, many of which sound nothing like Iron Maiden or any of the other metal pioneers. Doesn't make them any less metal. I mean, think about what was "extreme" in anything in the 1970's vs now. Evolution happens.

#4459 5 years ago

Anyone know what the street price on the premium is going to run...Looks pretty dope. Only got one game on the pro so far, but might consider a premium. I don't even know one iron maiden song.

#4460 5 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

Anyone know what the street price on the premium is going to run...Looks pretty dope. Only got one game on the pro so far, but might consider a premium. I don't even know one iron maiden song.

Most people are getting quoted $7300, but you can roll it back a hundred or two if you're really dedicated. Stern took all the slack out of pricing with this release, so street price is pretty much a uniform distance from retail everywhere.

#4461 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They are what metal was in the beginning...

No sorry I disagree.

#4462 5 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

I'll have to get by with my '77 100 watt JMP. Oh, I used to be in a KISS tribute band too. KISS'D.

Love the JMPs.

#4463 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They are what metal was in the beginning, and so are still a metal band. Metal has progressed and blown into a hundred subgenres, many of which sound nothing like Iron Maiden or any of the other metal pioneers. Doesn't make them any less metal. I mean, think about what was "extreme" in anything in the 1970's vs now. Evolution happens.

Agree !

#4464 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

They are not. They're more like Cock-Rock mixed with Rush. how anyone could listen to this and think it's "hard" in any way is beyond me. <---i just mean the stuff on the pin...not the original lead singer when they were an actual heavy metal band.

Exactly. Maiden is the biggest scam in metal history. Eddie and the name Iron Maiden? Yeah, Heavy metal as Balls.

The music? Not so much. And don’t give me that “metal evolves” nonsense - sabbath and priest both predate Maiden by years and are both way heavier. Motörhead too and plenty of other bands for that matter.

#4465 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No sorry I disagree.

Ok, what was "metal" to you, circa 1975? It was exceedingly slim pickins compared to now.

#4466 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

..Eddie and the name Iron Maiden? Yeah, ....

Few Drinks = opening up

I bought some Iron Maiden post cards when I was in England 1987...hung them on my wall; never heard the band's actual music till a month ago.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Ok, what was "metal" to you, circa 1975? It was exceedingly slim pickins compared to now.

No no no...None of the music involved in this Pinball Machine is from 1975.

#4467 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

When you go that far back, your are right--there isn't much. I'd consider some bands precursors right on the edge of metal: Blue Cheer, Sabbath, then Priest and Maiden. Then it took a few more years for real metal to take hold. Maybe Motorhead kickstarted that whole next genre...

#4468 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Few Drinks = opening up
I bought some Iron Maiden post cards when I was in England 1987...hung them on my wall; never heard the band's actual music till a month ago.

But the band is metal, period. It's just that they're essentially what metal was in 1975, near the beginning of the genre in the late 1960s. They didn't start as metal, then become hard rock, then become rock, then become muzak. Metal got much harder and more diverse, but it doesn't change the fact that they are one of the founding bands of metal and therefore a metal band.

#4469 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Few Drinks = opening up

Hallowed be thy Name is like 1982 - 35+ years ago. Close enough to the beginning.

Powerslave is on Rolling Stone's 100 Greatest Metal Albums of All Time - Number of the Beast is #4 on that list. Not of the greatest rock, but the greatest metal.

#4470 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Hallowed be thy Name is like 1982...

Exactly...ouch! That music is soft

Quoted from PinMonk:

Powerslave is on Rolling Stone's 100 Greatest Metal Albums of All Time..

Honestly, Do you give a shit aboot what Rolling Stone thinks?

#4471 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Exactly...ouch!

Honestly, Do you give a shit aboot what Rolling Stone thinks?

No, but I wasn't going to do thesis-level research tonight to prove what I already know - that as a pioneer of the genre, Iron Maiden is still considered metal. Grabbed a quick top 100 list, Maiden was on it 3 times. Referred to as metal. Good enough. Point proven.

#4472 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

...research tonight to prove that Iron Maiden is considered metal.

Of course they are considered metal....that was never in question.

#4473 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Exactly...ouch! That music is soft

Listen to a LOT of metal from 1982 - almost all of it sounds soft by 2018 standards (or even 2000 standards).

#4474 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But the band is metal, period. It's just that they're essentially what metal was in 1975, near the beginning of the genre in the late 1960s. They didn't start as metal, then become hard rock, then become rock, then become muzak. Metal got much harder and more diverse, but it doesn't change the fact that they are one of the founding bands of metal and therefore a metal band.

Iron Maiden is definitely a metal band but even if someone doesn't think they are I say who cares. Iron Maiden kicks ass no matter what and surely anyone who likes Rock n Roll can agree to that!

#4475 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Of course they are considered metal....that was never in question.

Then what your "No sorry I disagree. " to the statement I made saying "They are what metal was in the beginning, and so are still a metal band."?

#4476 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Then what your "No sorry I disagree. "

Because I disagreed with it...not what "the world" or "history" thinks. If you look on the internet, they'll tell you Poison was a metal band.

#4477 5 years ago

Ok I wanted this game made and asked for it five years ago. I finally played it and tons of shots and pure fun. Want one someday. But I have to just ask or think why some toys or something still missing to me on the premium/Le. I guess I am just not seeing or feeling the things in this game that are in the Metallica premium/LE. I still think both would look Great next to each other. For example in TZ and Adams which have 4 flippers tons of shots like Maiden but more toys or whatever you want to call them in those older games. Hope you know what I mean, I love the game but wanted more in the premium/le versions. The pro is a jam packed winner. I wish the pyramid in the back had an Eddie or Mummy that light up and grabbed the ball or the Center shot needs to go through the back like LOTR.

#4478 5 years ago

The music label on bands isn't always what you would call it. I've had the bands I like called rock, hard rock, metal, heavy metal and my favorite die die kill kill (from a co-worker). The thing I think is still more funny than that is? Who won the Grammy Award for Best Hard Rock/Metal Performance Vocal or Instrumental in 1989? The Grammys had Metallica perform and they handed out the award right after they played. I think most of the world thought they were going to win...They didn't Jethro Tull won. No disrespect to Tull, but I wouldn't call them Hard Rock/Metal. Sometimes I think there's only two kinds of music, music you like and music to don't like.

#4479 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Because I disagreed with it...not what "the world" or "history" thinks. If you look on the internet, they'll tell you Poison was a metal band.

Metal Lord, enough already. Your knowledge is giving me a headache.

#4480 5 years ago

"It wasn't called 'heavy metal' when I invented it," said one Dave Davies in the 1980s. And he was talking about the song You Really Got Me, recorded by The Kinks in July 1964 ...

I don't really have a point on this subject, except to say that metal has many fathers, and many children. Like all musical genres.

#4481 5 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

I'll have to get by with my '77 100 watt JMP. Oh, I used to be in a KISS tribute band too. KISS'D.

Next level tribute!

Thumbs up.

rd

#4482 5 years ago

After the hi-rez pics, the LE looks crazy awesome! Would I prefer a killers themed machine? YES! But this machine is based on the Legacy of the Beast franchise, and it should be judged accordingly. It matches that theme wonderfully. I cannot wait to see it in person! Up the irons!

#4483 5 years ago

If you dont care much about Maiden, I think pro is the way to go. Great package with good gameplay for much less.

#4484 5 years ago

Anyone putting Flipper Fidelity speakers in the game? Does it need them?

#4485 5 years ago

Metal 1975!!!

tumblr_nzs0d1QSKH1tvujpmo3_400 (resized).pngtumblr_nzs0d1QSKH1tvujpmo3_400 (resized).png

#4486 5 years ago

Ok we get it, Maiden doesn’t play in drop d tuning and growl their life is hard lyrics, they are pre-grunge era. New Wave British Metal influenced thousands of bands and Maiden sits deservingly near or at the top of that list.

#4487 5 years ago

I need one of these masks to wear when I play the first game on my LE

60939941-6E8B-49A5-9338-4A62685EB5D8 (resized).jpeg60939941-6E8B-49A5-9338-4A62685EB5D8 (resized).jpeg

#4488 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Listen to a LOT of metal from 1982 - almost all of it sounds soft by 2018 standards (or even 2000 standards).

What's your point? I LOVE Twisted SIster's Under the Blade, Motley Crue's Too Fast For Love, Ratt's self titled EP, Def Leppard's On thru the Night and of course IM's NotB and Piece of Mind from 1982. It's the era of metal I love most.

You're defining metal as it has to sound like Sepultura or Slayer or Cannibal Corpse to be classified as metal and that's not anywhere near accurate.
Pop, rock, folk, country and Metal were the categories back then. Rap wasn't even around yet.

You can call that hair metal now or whatever, but at the time it was metal.

#4489 5 years ago

LE paid in full! Coming to canada! I heard a rumor theres only 10 in canada? Unsure if its true or not

#4490 5 years ago
Quoted from FlipMyBalls:

LE paid in full! Coming to canada! I heard a rumor theres only 10 in canada? Unsure if its true or not

Close. I heard IMDN's Canadian allotment "Goes to 11".

#4491 5 years ago
Quoted from FlipMyBalls:

It’s around that, but I know of a few that are being imported. My guess is about 20 will end up in Canada from the initial sale. I was lucky and jumped on a cancellation at starburst.

#4492 5 years ago

I know of three LE’s at least heading to Calgary, but 2 of them are US imports.

#4493 5 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

What's your point? I LOVE Twisted SIster's Under the Blade, Motley Crue's Too Fast For Love, Ratt's self titled EP, Def Leppard's On thru the Night and of course IM's NotB and Piece of Mind from 1982. It's the era of metal I love most.
You're defining metal as it has to sound like Sepultura or Slayer or Cannibal Corpse to be classified as metal and that's not anywhere near accurate.
Pop, rock, folk, country and Metal were the categories back then. Rap wasn't even around yet.
You can call that hair metal now or whatever, but at the time it was metal.

Whoa, you're confusified. This is the point I was originally making. Iron Maiden IS metal, despite sounding softer now that what hard metal has become.

#4494 5 years ago

Anyone had a negative experience buying a machine from CoinTaker? I paid the balance in full for a Pro the first week of April. My issue is not that I don't have my Pro yet but that I seem to be getting the run around on when approximately I will get it. Getting a queazy feeling at this point with what I'm being told. Thanks.

#4495 5 years ago

They are likely one of the most reputable distributors and are easy to contact, you have no worries.

Quoted from xian222:

Anyone had a negative experience buying a machine from CoinTaker? I paid the balance in full for a Pro the first week of April. My issue is not that I don't have my Pro yet but that I seem to be getting the run around on when approximately I will get it. Getting a queazy feeling at this point with what I'm being told. Thanks.

#4496 5 years ago
Quoted from xian222:

Depending on the timing of when you order, when they have stock, when stern can get them more stock, etc. could be months before you get your game.

If it seems they are giving you the run around, it’s cause stern is giving them the run around.

#4497 5 years ago
Quoted from xian222:

Melissa will take care of you! Cointaker = good people!

#4498 5 years ago

Stern is not going to be able to keep up with the demand for quite some time. Those true believers who got their Pro orders in early were smart to do so (I didn't think I was going to like this pin all that much--boy was I wrong, so now I wait). Cranking out LE's and Premiums is only going to slow things down even more. Nice problem to have if you are Stern.

#4499 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Melissa will take care of you! Cointaker = good people!

Thanks for the quick responses guys! Much appreciated!

#4500 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Stern is not going to be able to keep up with the demand for quite some time. Those true believers who got their Pro orders in early were smart to do so (I didn't think I was going to like this pin all that much--boy was I wrong, so now I wait). Cranking out LE's and Premiums is only going to slow things down even more. Nice problem to have if you are Stern.

It really does look cool. Layout & art for the win.

My wife goes out of town in June.

Odds are, unless there's code or QC issues, my wife is gonna be pissed when she returns.

(I like to get my pins when she's gone)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.50
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/90?hl=jester523 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.