20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 144.
#4351 5 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Martinlogan dynamo 300 is $200 and a lot better than the Polk 10” everyone buys (in my opinion).
I have a bunch of pioneer Sw-8 that I got open box from Best Buy that are OK. But they were under $100 and probably comparable to the polls people get.

New to me I will look at it. Thanks.

#4352 5 years ago

I have a 300 watt Orb under MET, waiting on Maiden. It's pretty loud, I like it.
Congrats Eugene! Paid mine off last night...surprised wife hasn't cancelled Visa yet. Lol just kiddin JJ!

#4353 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I have a 300 watt Orb under MET, waiting on Maiden. It's pretty loud, I like it.
Congrats Eugene! Paid mine off last night...surprised wife hasn't cancelled Visa yet. Lol just kiddin JJ!

Nice, I like the new info on product I have not owned before. Thanks guys I am always open for options.

#4354 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

#4 best selling home speaker brand in the first quarter of 2018 is JBL
Personally, I'd put Martin Logan and Wilson above JBL in quality, but those brands will never sell even 1% of what JBL does in a year.

People buy JBL because they know the name. I agree with Raincity that there are many better choices for the audiophile than JBL-especially for home audio.

#4355 5 years ago

Lol the polk 10 is plenty powerful for a pinball machine and what we need them.to do...

#4356 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Lol the polk 10 is plenty powerful for a pinball machine and what we need them.to do...

Agreed. It’s sounds great hooked up to my BSD and MET. $80-$100 can’t go wrong and it’s good for two machines! I will get another one for IMDN when I eventually get one.

#4357 5 years ago

Now you guys got me wondering...what would happen if I hook up the 12" Pioneer home speakers that I've had in storage for years. Anyone ever hooked up a home speaker? Obviously a tiny amp is not gonna drive my 400 watt Cerwin Vegas but what about a smaller 100 watt? Would the mid and tweeter even work? Pardon my idiocracy.

#4358 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

People buy JBL because they know the name. I agree with Raincity that there are many better choices for the audiophile than JBL-especially for home audio.

Nothing could be less audiophile than a pinball machine....lol

#4359 5 years ago

I am really surprised at how bad the audio quality is on the pro, seems like digital audio and a good set of speakers along with the built in sub would/should sound better. Especially for this price.

That being said, I have plenty of powered subwoofers that I use for my pinball machines so once I hooked that up and made some adjustments (had to turn up the call-outs) it now sounds fantastic! So if you have a pro I would highly recommend a powered sub!

#4360 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Nothing could be less audiophile than a pinball machine....lol

Haha! I was kind of speaking more towards their speakers in general, but nice point! Only JBL's I've really been impressed by are their PA powered speakers. Expensive, but man do they sound good!

#4361 5 years ago

So any new owners make any custom scorecards yet...or do we need to create another new Iron Maiden thread?! If you have, do share.

#4362 5 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

I am really surprised at how bad the audio quality is on the pro

You well may know, but I know some people don’t — the SPIKE games have separate bass and treble controls.

They are in the Utilities menu on the main page.

They actually work surprisingly well - for a pinball machine, anyway.

rd

#4363 5 years ago

Looks like it has a custom knob on the plunger from the high res cabinet pics. Eddie in the plane.

#4364 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

It has power. Just not clean and crisp. I have it set up on my BM66.

#4365 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Now you guys got me wondering...what would happen if I hook up the 12" Pioneer home speakers that I've had in storage for years. Anyone ever hooked up a home speaker? Obviously a tiny amp is not gonna drive my 400 watt Cerwin Vegas but what about a smaller 80-90 watt (I think)? Would the mid and tweeter even work? Pardon my idiocracy.

Just plug in a full stack of Marshall’s and be done with it!
That’s what I’m gonna do.

54E11C09-0A01-487B-89B8-A4A23D8AC8A4 (resized).png54E11C09-0A01-487B-89B8-A4A23D8AC8A4 (resized).png

#4366 5 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

YA MAN !!!

#4367 5 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

Disclaimer: really all I have is a 10” Polk sub, so yeah, that’s what I’m really gonna use.

#4368 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

#4 best selling home speaker brand in the first quarter of 2018 is JBL
Personally, I'd put Martin Logan and Wilson above JBL in quality, but those brands will never sell even 1% of what JBL does in a year.

Best-selling is often nowhere close to actual best, just cheap and/or "good enough." That's where I've always put JBL - never on any "best quality/best sound" lists for home. A quick scan of google's first page of results for "best home speakers" shows zero JBL winning the prize for "best", even in the cheap speakers under $50. That agrees with my bias, so it must be right.

#4369 5 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

Marshall JCM 800 is the way to go for Maiden.

#4370 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Now you guys got me wondering...what would happen if I hook up the 12" Pioneer home speakers that I've had in storage for years. Anyone ever hooked up a home speaker? Obviously a tiny amp is not gonna drive my 400 watt Cerwin Vegas but what about a smaller 100 watt? Would the mid and tweeter even work? Pardon my idiocracy.

Just got mine hooked up

btf.gifbtf.gif

#4371 5 years ago

Hi-Rez pics of the LE are up now at Pinball News...

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2018/04/26/iron-maiden-le-unveiled/

#4372 5 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Marshall JCM 800 is the way to go for Maiden.

I got a DSL here with 70s quad, will that suffice?

rd

D2E1B807-C32B-41E3-AE81-893CA0EA0EF6 (resized).jpegD2E1B807-C32B-41E3-AE81-893CA0EA0EF6 (resized).jpeg

#4373 5 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

I literally have the setup below for Iron Man. I ran out of subs, but my scorpion bass amp works surprisingly well. sub (resized).jpgsub (resized).jpg

#4374 5 years ago

To be clear I have no take in this pin for me moment. I just need to read the matrix sheet to know I would prefer to buy the premium/LE coz better game. Aesthetically all models are great and I really don’t care if pro cab is nicer or not, a pinball machine is a game and for this one all more features interacting with ball on prem/le worth the extra .

#4375 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

You well may know, but I know some people don’t — the SPIKE games have separate bass and treble controls.
They are in the Utilities menu on the main page.
They actually work surprisingly well - for a pinball machine, anyway.
rd

Learn something new every day - did not know this!

#4376 5 years ago

you guys are crazy !!! lol

#4377 5 years ago

how many songs of Maiden are there? maybe i missed this point.
thanks

#4378 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

thanks

I think there is 12 or 13.

#4379 5 years ago

thanks

12 songs

The Number of the Beast
Run to the Hills
Hallowed Be Thy Name
The Trooper
Flight of Icarus
Powerslave
Aces High
2 Minutes to Midnight
Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Waster Years
Can I Play With Madness
Fear of the Dark

#4380 5 years ago

How does it work?
You can pick your song like on Met or each song is in relation with a special mode and so you are not allow to choose anything?
Thanks

#4381 5 years ago

And a couple of extra's to come

Would really love to see if a couple of Bonus or LIVE tracks could be added

Would be so cool, Just like Stern did with MET

The voting game with MET was fun, even though Horseman could not make it, The excitement and opportunity was awesome !

http://loudwire.com/metallica-fans-vote-two-songs-into-signature-pinball-machines/

C'mon Stern do it again please,

I'm Sure IMDN would appreciate the passion

Would be EPIC !

Oh and THANK you team Stern, you guys rock !
Kudos to design and assembly team !
Can we buy those guys/gals chockies or something ?

Unsung heroes team Stern, Thank YOU Assmbly crew, you guys ROCK !

UP THE IRONS !

Rock on

IM 666 (resized).jpgIM 666 (resized).jpg

#4382 5 years ago

How does it work?
You can pick your song like on Met or each song is in relation with a special mode and so you are not allow to choose anything?
Thanks

All songs are selectable to start the game. There is a "song champion" for each song. You can change songs between each ball.

There is a mode also tied to each song that is separate from above. There is a champion for each mode as well.

This is my understanding of the songs.

#4383 5 years ago

Watch the stern livestream on youtube...

#4384 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

All songs are selectable to start the game. There is a "song champion" for each song. You can change songs between each ball.
There is a mode also tied to each song that is separate from above. There is a champion for each mode as well.

So if i understand well, you have interest to play all songs to advance in the game than always play with the same? I ask in order to know if I would have to replace all songs as I can’t stand Maiden songs

#4385 5 years ago

Playing songs does not advance the game (when selecting from the screen). But they do have "champion" scores.

The way to advance the game is to start the Battle Modes (which are tied to a specific song) and complete the "Power Pyramid" which is tied to specific parts of the game (pops, spinners, etc.).

#4386 5 years ago

So if i understand well, you have interest to play all songs to advance in the game than always play with the same? I ask in order to know if I would have to replace all songs as I can’t stand Maiden songs

Even if you replace the songs with something else won’t you still be forced to look at the names and artwork of each song during the song selection process?? Example: you will choose “Hallowed Be Thy Name” and then “Ice Ice Baby” starts playing?? Or can people change the text also? Non Maiden fans I can’t even imagine the horror you must be going through lolol.

#4387 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

Even if you replace the songs with something else won’t you still be forced to look at the names and artwork of each song during the song selection process?? Example: you will choose “Hallowed Be Thy Name” and then “Ice Ice Baby” starts playing?? Or can people change the text also? Non Maiden fans I can’t even imagine the horror you must be going through lolol.

This is what I did with Met, I replaced some songs with the text too. The choice of song is not important in Met. Don’t know if it is on Maiden pin.

In the same time, I don’t care of what Maiden fans can think about what i’m doing with MY game. And if they care about is they are stupid.

#4388 5 years ago

This is what I did with Met, I replaced some songs with the text too. The choice of song is not important in Met. Don’t know if it is on Maiden pin.

I dont think the song selection is important just like MET I think it’s just a song that plays. However, the songs are tied to modes with the same song. But choosing our song DOES NOT start the mode. It also sounds like each song and mode have separate champion awards. I don’t have the game yet but that’s what I’m gathering from here. Also I think the text is easier to change on a DMD rather than an LCD with graphics associated? I’m just wondering if you’re even able to change the text/artwork for the song selection process?

Disclaimer for any page skimmers...I am a HUGE Maiden fan! Would never dream of changing the songs lol.

#4389 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

I dont think the song selection is important just like MET I think it’s just a song that plays. However, the songs are tied to modes with the same song. But choosing our song DOES NOT start the mode. It also sounds like each song and mode have separate champion awards. I don’t have the game yet but that’s what I’m gathering from here. Also I think the text is easier to change on a DMD rather than an LCD with graphics associated? I’m just wondering if you’re even able to change the text/artwork for the song selection process?
Disclaimer for any page skimmers...I am a HUGE Maiden fan! Would never dream of changing the songs lol.

Changed text on Met so DMD. Why it would be different with an LCD? It is just a screen.
If I was a huge fan of Maiden, Metallica, Gun and roses (I am), or any other band I would still put the songs I love the most in the game and replace those that I need to do.

#4390 5 years ago

Changed text on Met so DMD. Why it would be different with an LCD? It is just a screen.
If I was a huge fan of Maiden, Metallica, Gun and roses (I am), or any other band I would still put the songs I love the most in the game and replace those that I need to do.

Yeah but instead of text for the song on MET, it’s an actual image/graphic associated with each song. It’s not just text saying the song you’re choosing. I’m just thinking out loud I really don’t know if you can change it.

#4391 5 years ago

You pick a song at the beginning of the ball/game and that's the song you listen to. It has nothing to do with the modes/game, its just background.
THEN each time you start a game feature there is a song associated with each game feature. Each of the 12 songs are associated with a game feature/mode/wizard mode, etc. Make sense?

How does it work?
Thanks

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4392 5 years ago

I think your best bet is to go with instrumental versions of the Iron Maiden songs or instrumental versions of other music. Music from John Carpenter's "Lost Themes" might fit in well as it is dark and ominus and kind of fits in the Iron Maiden universe. I'd try it but I just like the Maiden music far too much to consider swapping it out!.

There are just too many callouts and things to work around with the screen and playfield text to go with anything that isn't either Maiden or instrumental.

#4393 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I got a DSL here with 70s quad, will that suffice?

Whoa, nice Jem!

#4394 5 years ago

Yea I was totally thinking of instrumental on a few songs love the guitar riffs but not the singing on all songs .

#4395 5 years ago

Orchestral

#4396 5 years ago

In the same time, I don’t care of what Maiden fans can think about what i’m doing with MY game. And if they care about is they are stupid.

But it does seem like you care what they think

I don’t give a rip what you do with YOUR game, if you want to load it up with Zamfir music go ahead (the guy is a legend on the pan flute) just remember your in a thread full of Maiden fans who are trying to Up the Irons and some times we get snarky when people piss in our punch bowl but we are all pinheads here so we have more in common than we have differences.

C931CBA1-66DE-478E-A946-2787D2EB8B86 (resized).jpegC931CBA1-66DE-478E-A946-2787D2EB8B86 (resized).jpeg

#4397 5 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4398 5 years ago

Why doesn't someone start a new thread to discuss what terrible other music they want to install on Iron F'in Maiden? Seems like enough interest to warrant it, and god knows we all need another Maiden thread!

...on the other hand, gives us something fight about while we wait for more LE/Prem news...

Do you guys think the rising gate thingy on the left ramp of the Prem/LE will be a really cool slow motor-driven thing (maybe with fog), or a simple solenoid diverter that snaps up instantly?

#4399 5 years ago
Quoted from dangerwil:

Orchestral » YouTube video

This one is even better:

#4400 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

But it does seem like you care what they think
I don’t give a rip what you do with YOUR game, if you want to load it up with Zamfir music go ahead (the guy is a legend on the pan flute) just remember your in a thread full of Maiden fans who are trying to Up the Irons and some times we get snarky when people piss in our punch bowl but we are all pinheads here so we have more in common than we have differences.

is it a pinball thread or iron maiden thread? if it was a maiden music thread i would be there

no need also to make a mockery of my comment, c'est petit...

to think about other people's matters is typically French and I admit that I did not think of it here.
I do not piss on fans of iron maiden fans but those who would make value judgments on the others' matters. am i clear this time?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/88?hl=jefryan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.