20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 144.
#4201 6 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

So, basically what you want is a premium then.

Yes, unless the side art makes me want to poke my eyes out.

#4202 6 years ago

Wonder if anyone will attempt a vari-target>subway>scoop mod to restore those features a la the drop target on Dirty Harry or Judge Dredd deadworld locks.

I thought the vari-target you needed to hit hard enough to expose enough space for the ball to drop down was truly innovative and it’s a bummer it was sacrificed at the alter of Gary’s anti-subway philosophy.

#4203 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I do? Mind showing me where it is?

Yes it is right next to the.

OK .."should own an airbrush" happy now

#4204 6 years ago

Didn't Stern do this on RBION? A bummer it was costed out, but at least Keith was able to keep everything else. Really a nice LE package, so the Premium will be just as nice.

Quoted from westofrome:

Wonder if anyone will attempt a vari-target>subway>scoop mod to restore those features a la the drop target on Dirty Harry or Judge Dredd deadworld locks.
I thought the vari-target you needed to hit hard enough to expose enough space for the ball to drop down was truly innovative and it’s a bummer it was sacrificed at the alter of Gary’s anti-subway philosophy.

#4205 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

1. Orb target-. I like that the Pro target is recessed and more difficult to hit because it's not a target you want to hit by accident. On LE it is shaped like a pinball and sticks out which makes it easier to hit. Advantage Pro.

Could possibly have another skill shot from the plunge to the orb on the Premium/LE.

#4206 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Didn't Stern do this on RBION? A bummer it was costed out, but at least Keith was able to keep everything else. Really a nice LE package, so the Premium will be just as nice.

yes RBION, Safecracker...so Lawlor

#4207 6 years ago

are there prem/LE playfield pics?

#4208 6 years ago

you can pretty much put everything from LE on the Premium except the back glass so please would someone leak the art on the premium as I just cant pull the trigger on the LE . Every time I look at it I have an uncontrollable urge to belt out a verse of Santa baby!

#4209 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

are there prem/LE playfield pics?

Have you not been reading this thread?

#4210 6 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Have you not been reading this thread?

maybe my bad..only saw cab pics.

#4211 6 years ago

So where are the premium pictures? I think the LE looks ok but not what I was imagining at all.

#4212 6 years ago

The decision in Europe is a little different in deciding value for different models.

Try $14000 LE.

$12000 Premium.

$ 8500 Pro.

Varies from country to country of course.

And a JJP CE model at $18000!

Bring on the carugments

#4213 6 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

So where are the premium pictures? I think the LE looks ok but not what I was imagining at all.

It seems that the Premium may be taking que’s from the LOTB art so I have a feeling the premium won’t be powerslave themed but instead Legacy of the beast/Kingdom of the sands.

D04971D8-ECD5-4AB9-9F97-D0C1A1161513 (resized).jpegD04971D8-ECD5-4AB9-9F97-D0C1A1161513 (resized).jpeg

47EF797E-E8E1-446C-BE16-1E52CC6AB557 (resized).jpeg47EF797E-E8E1-446C-BE16-1E52CC6AB557 (resized).jpeg
D68BD4EB-4B50-4F6A-8E43-EC22AB1B3FA3 (resized).pngD68BD4EB-4B50-4F6A-8E43-EC22AB1B3FA3 (resized).png

#4214 6 years ago

I think green and tan camouflage (matching the cabinet art) with some bullet holes airbrushed in certain spots would make for killer armor on the LE if someone wanted to get real creative. Maybe someone previously mentioned this.

#4215 6 years ago

Just passed my active duty PT test. Don't have to do that for another year. IMDN Premium is my planned reward for ensuring myself another year of job security : ).

Please don't suck... please don't suck....please don't suck *cabinet artwork*

#4216 6 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

So none for Canada?? Or do we not count

Everything outside the USA is "Europe" to us.

#4217 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Something dark. Killers or Number of the beast.

I couldn't agree more with the dark aspect.

#4218 6 years ago

Screw heads are easy to obsess over in close up high-res photos, but you don't really notice them while playing. Human brain has a remarkable ability to filter out noise and focus on the cool stuff.

#4219 6 years ago

Looks like I am the only one who things the red armor is more than good enough. I actually prefer the red more than all the other color mock-ups shown in this thread.

I also think I can get used to the side art (not my first choice, though)

I am a little disappointed that the green plane is all over the machine. Side-art, backglass, front of cabinet, back-box side-art, inside cab decals. A little too much. The killers back-box side-art on the pro is....killer. (sic) and probably the only thing I prefer on the pro.

So what if I have to say Happy new year every time I turn the machine on. I can get used to that

#4220 6 years ago
Quoted from Flex_in_Aus:

Will IMDN have the crap leg brackets, or the good ones?

Here’s what my Pro has:7CE82AAA-CA71-4E16-9519-349B8DC5C4C6 (resized).jpeg7CE82AAA-CA71-4E16-9519-349B8DC5C4C6 (resized).jpeg

#4221 6 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Just passed my active duty PT test. Don't have to do that for another year. IMDN Premium is my planned reward for ensuring myself another year of job security : ).
Please don't suck... please don't suck....please don't suck *cabinet artwork*

Worst case scenario, you get the pro which is proven to not suck and save $2,000 to boot

#4222 6 years ago

This what happens with those leg brackets when STI's "white glove service" gets ahold of it.

20180416_082220 (resized).jpg20180416_082220 (resized).jpg

20180416_082229 (resized).jpg20180416_082229 (resized).jpg

#4223 6 years ago

I know I'm beating a dead horse but any of you in the know about the when premium artwork might be leaked?

#4224 6 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

I know I'm beating a dead horse but any of you in the know about the when premium artwork might be leaked?

after they're all sold out (new policy @ sternpinball w/ premium models) and distro's have taken 100% of deposit money. images will only be send to a few people with explicit instructions not to share

#4225 6 years ago

I would guess Iron Maiden will announce it next week on their website.
The LE photos were sent to distributors so buyers can see what they are buying. Premiums don't ship for quite awhile, so no rush to get the photos released.

#4226 6 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

It might be a few week before anyone has pics of the premium pictures.

Not for nothing based on the response of the LE I would bet you don’t see them until the LE has shipped. That is just my opinion not fact .

#4227 6 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

This what happens with those leg brackets when STI's "white glove service" gets ahold of it.

I don't think any plates were saving that cabinet.

#4228 6 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

The LE photos were sent to distributors so buyers can see what they are buying. Premiums don't ship for quite awhile, so no rush to get the photos released.

My distributor, Automated/Pinballs.com wont send me the pics. They just emailed me telling me to check Stern's website. Lame. I fully paid for it and I don't even have any hi res pics yet... if anyone could spare the time, please DM me some Thanks!

#4229 6 years ago

My distributor told me Premiums are shipping in about 4 weeks. They better get those pics out soon!

#4231 6 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

My distributor, Automated/Pinballs.com wont send me the pics. They just emailed me telling me to check Stern's website. Lame. I fully paid for it and I don't even have any hi res pics yet... if anyone could spare the time, please DM me some Thanks!

The pics you see on this thread are the same as the pics that are emailed.
You are not missing anything..

#4232 6 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

I wonder if Iron Maiden will be selling their allotment of
close to 50 LEs direct through their website next week? Really why else would they be so close guarded with the LE pics and have the right to show them first unless they were planning on offering them for sale to their fans?

#4233 6 years ago

I was told the same wait time as well for the premiums. Also, I agree with Concretehardt with his opinions about the Egyptian art for the premium being based off the video game and not the album art from Powerslave. Seems to be an obvious prediction based off both the pro and le artwork.....just hope it's good!

#4234 6 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

They are all over Facebook also if you use that..

1CB959E3-B04E-4B5E-B77E-29CD17242749.jpeg1CB959E3-B04E-4B5E-B77E-29CD17242749.jpeg

#4235 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

after they're all sold out (new policy @ sternpinball w/ premium models) and distro's have taken 100% of deposit money. images will only be send to a few people with explicit instructions not to share

Wtf?

That can’t be right. That’s idiotic

How do you sell out of the premium

#4236 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

The pics you see on this thread are the same as the pics that are emailed.
You are not missing anything..

That’s what I thought until I saw the high res pics, you can’t even see that Eddie is flying the plane in the low res also the colors are “over saturated” on the low res pics.. you will see.

Ps. I was asked not to share the high res pics so if you have an LE coming just ask your distro for them.

#4237 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I wonder if Iron Maiden will be selling their allotment of
close to 50 LEs direct through their website next week? Really why else would they be so close guarded with the LE pics and have the right to show them first unless they were planning on offering them for sale to their fans?

With something like 14 million fans on there site, I would think 50 machines would go pretty quick!

#4238 6 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

My distributor told me Premiums are shipping in about 4 weeks. They better get those pics out soon!

Same with mine.

#4239 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

That’s what I thought until I saw the high res pics, you can’t even see that Eddie is flying the plane in the low res also the colors are “over saturated” on the low res pics.. you will see.
Ps. I was asked not to share the high res pics so if you have an LE coming just ask your distro for them.

I have them also. He is not missing much.

8CC650C5-DEE9-4FC4-91C0-67BAA5E0CE7B.jpeg8CC650C5-DEE9-4FC4-91C0-67BAA5E0CE7B.jpeg

#4240 6 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Back to the thread of Stern cabinet issues.

Put the B/W leg plates on for sure. Will be first thing I do. And then Cliffy's.

#4241 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Back to the thread of Stern cabinet issues.
Put the B/W leg plates on for sure. Will be first thing I do. And then Cliffy's.

that isnt a stern cabinet.

#4242 6 years ago

I just cancelled my LE. Put a deposit on a premium. Just couldn't handle the artwork. It looks more like Saturday afternoon Iron Maiden cartoons. Not the Kick-Ass number one metal band in the world.

#4243 6 years ago

I can see why distributors put pressure on Stern to give them photos of the LE because they needed to show their customers before they had to pay in full. And distributors had to ask for payment from customers because Stern insisted they pre-pay for their allotment of games.

And I can understand that Stern had their hands tied as the band wanted to release them first.

So Stern did this sly “release but not release” of pics with a ridiculous request for them not to be shown to the public.

But what I don’t understand is why Stern couldn’t just hold off asking the distributors for payment until the official pics were released by the band.

Unless the band doesn’t want to officially release pics for a long time or refused to clarify exactly when that would be.

#4244 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

that isnt a stern cabinet.

Doesn't matter as it seems pro's being shipped with the cheapo leg plates so makes sense for $15 to put decent leg plates in.

Game is so good, don't want cabinet issues way down the line!

#4245 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Doesn't matter as it seems pro's being shipped with the cheapo leg plates so makes sense for $15 to put decent leg plates in.
Game is so good, don't want cabinet issues way down the line!

Oh i completely agree, i just thought you were saying that was another split stern cabinet. I thought stern got that problem under wraps after b66.

#4246 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I can see why distributors put pressure on Stern to give them photos of the LE because they needed to show their customers before they had to pay in full. And distributors had to ask for payment from customers because Stern insisted they pre-pay for their allotment of games.
And I can understand that Stern had their hands tied as the band wanted to release them first.
So Stern did this sly “release but not release” of pics with a ridiculous request for them not to be shown to the public.
But what I don’t understand is why Stern couldn’t just hold off asking the distributors for payment until the official pics were released by the band.
Unless the band doesn’t want to officially release pics for a long time or refused to clarify exactly when that would be.

Hopefully the feedback on the LE gets back to the band and they decide to rework the LE cabinet art... /wishful thinking....

#4247 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Hopefully the feedback on the LE gets back to the band and they decide to rework the LE cabinet art... /wishful thinking....

Zero chance of that happening.

#4248 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

that's wishful thinking, but if distributors were sent the artwork for the LE customers, my guess is that the art package has already been printed to vinyl and the backglasses screened so that stern can complete final assembly, box up and ship the LEs in the next week or two

#4249 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

that's wishful thinking, but if distributors were sent the artwork for the LE customers, my guess is that the art package has already been printed to vinyl and the backglasses screened so that stern can complete final assembly, box up and ship the LEs in the next week or two

I was told the LE's are already in production...

Really would like to see what the premium looks like so I know if I prefer that over the LE now... Like everything about the LE except the damn airplane all over the cabinet. Stern should have listed the art as "Aces High Theme" or " Aerial Battle" not Battlefield.... And I know someone else will take it if I don't want it. I already have someone.... LOL

#4250 6 years ago

I am really glad I didn't jump on the LE or Premium bandwagon this time. I love my Pro but think I would not like what I've seen so far.
Somewhere in Time Model looks really poor as well as other model.

The Mech's are pretty cool but I'll just play the Premum elsewhere.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 24.50
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/85?hl=sulakd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.