20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 144.
#4151 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Crazy I have never seen so many haters of a game as I have with IMDN.. see the last rating on this link:
https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/skyemont/ratings
Fun fact he rated nearly every game he owns a perfect 10
How bad would a pinball machine truly have to be to deserve to be rated a freaking 1 on a scale of 1 to 10?
Pinball is supposed to be fun!

Another pinsider with ridiculous ratings. They should have a system to approve competent ratings. 1 out of 10 with a machine receiving huge praise sounds more like an ax to grind to me.

#4152 6 years ago

Better option.. Wouldnt be hard to modify

bf7f1314bd42e42317184b4350b50dd70b7a5fc122 (resized).jpgbf7f1314bd42e42317184b4350b50dd70b7a5fc122 (resized).jpg

#4153 6 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Another pinsider with ridiculous ratings. They should have a system to approve competent ratings. 1 out of 10 with a machine receiving huge praise sounds more like an ax to grind to me.

It all evens out bc it happens with every pin especially new releases

#4154 6 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

I like it and i also like the red but
I hate that custom shooter rod
I just d'ont like those it will be for sale when it gets here and change it when pinball custom will make some for Maiden

Like these

15247224995001693904137 (resized).jpg15247224995001693904137 (resized).jpg

15247225135091685342622 (resized).jpg15247225135091685342622 (resized).jpg

15247225302891283281204 (resized).jpg15247225302891283281204 (resized).jpg

#4155 6 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Much better. It loses the Xmas vibe nicely but man... who knew mixing light green, yellow and orange could make you feel so queasy inside? Maybe that was the intent

#4156 6 years ago
Quoted from redlines:

Anyone wants an LE I have two selling one for $9600

Wow, who would have thought it would be like this.?

#4157 6 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Much better. It loses the Xmas vibe nicely but man... who knew mixing light green, yellow and orange could make you feel so queasy inside? Maybe that was the intent

Well Red does complement green given they are opposites but yeah I think the black trim is the way to go here...

#4158 6 years ago

For the money you guys are slapping down for an LE it would be nice if it was more feasible for Stern to take a more custom approach. Choosing your own armor color, ramp and habitrail color etc. This would make for a truly limited and special product, but like I said probably not feasible.

#4159 6 years ago

GOTG the pro looked better than the LE 100%. No hate here I own GOTG LE.

P.s. when I ordered my AFMR LE I ordered it in Martian green and it looks fine. Black is way better but it does not matter anymore. Just saying.

I regards to Maiden I am in on an LE and to be 100% with you I thought it would be completely different looking with all the bad ass artwork from the past.. I was looking for something hardcore.

Something dark. Killers or Number of the beast. Black and silver backgrounds with rich color accents . Side armored in the shape of eddies axe with vibrant red blood dripping from it like the green slime on my GBLE. Well its NOT. And very far from it.

I am open minded and will need to see a vid and the official HD photos for final personal judgments..

Could have been epic.

2488A5D7-A25E-4A57-BA4D-2647447E6733.jpeg2488A5D7-A25E-4A57-BA4D-2647447E6733.jpeg

#4160 6 years ago

F@ck you Heighway. Keep the money. I've got a new girl. IMDN Premium just ordered, deposit paid, will be here in 12 weeks.

EA.jpgEA.jpg

#4161 6 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Another pinsider with ridiculous ratings. They should have a system to approve competent ratings. 1 out of 10 with a machine receiving huge praise sounds more like an ax to grind to me

Not identifying exactly how any rating approval system works is best; we of course do have protections in place for raters that we feel protects the integrity of the system as much as reasonably possible.

#4162 6 years ago

The LE playfield in Premium clothes will be the ultimate IMDN package. I hope…

#4163 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

F@ck you Heighway. Keep the money. I've got a new girl. IMDN Premium just ordered, deposit paid, will be here in 12 weeks.

Great pic! Sums up the Pinball world today!

#4164 6 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

I hope the LEs are still signed on the PF then clearcoated. Keith's signature on that sticker on the left apron screams "cost cutting" to replace the less-convenient-to-do signatures under the clear.

#4165 6 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Another pinsider with ridiculous ratings. They should have a system to approve competent ratings.

Who cares how anyone else rates a game?

Some very high rated games I can't get into, and some games I think are brilliant you might shrug off.

Rotten Tomatoes critics give Super Troopers II a 32%, yet the audience gives it a 76% ...... the only thing that counts is if YOU liked it.

#4166 6 years ago

this game seems well loaded with screws!
it is just a detail but there are many visible.
Theme apart, i really like the artwork...that could fit to a mummy theme or the Mummy theme (more than a musical theme)
Layout is really the highlight of this game and if the programmer does it well, the game could be a winner for sure.
if someone is motivated to make a sound package mod based on mummy then, i could change my mind and eventually buy this one

#4167 6 years ago

After digesting the pics and looking at the playfield mech differences I'm trying to figure out if the LE/Premium features are actually upgrades from a playability standpoint. The main differences from left to right.
1. Orb target-. I like that the Pro target is recessed and more difficult to hit because it's not a target you want to hit by accident. On LE it is shaped like a pinball and sticks out which makes it easier to hit. Advantage Pro.

2. Left ramp diverter- on LE it functions 3 ways. When diverter is down it functions as a normal left ramp. When it's up it either feeds the captive ball mech or feeds the upper left mini flipper. Will have to play to decide which is better. Will likely have less flow than the Pro when that diverter is up.

3. Captive ball mech- this is the biggest difference between the models. On the LE when there isn't a ball locked behind it it basically functions like a stand-up target whereas on the Pro it is always a true captive ball target. During mummy mb it is likely way more fun on the LE as you will have to lock balls in it and smash them out for jackpots. Big advantage LE during mummy mb. Advantage Pro during regular gameplay when there isn't a ball locked behind it and it isn't acting like a true captive ball.

4. Lift ramp and scoop on LE vs. fixed ramp on Pro - when ramp is lifted on LE it most likely acts like a scoop that can either lock the ball and hold it or fire the ball back out. On Pro the ramp is fixed so the ball just diverts to one of the upper flippers via the orbits. More flow and less stop and go on the Pro. Will have to play both to see which I prefer.

Aside from that most of the differences appear cosmetic and have to do with either lighting or the molded figures.

#4168 6 years ago

I suspect the LE/Premium will be a bit more fun to play than the Pro.... but, for me they aren't worth it in monetary terms as the Pro has to be one of the best Stern have ever designed.

#4169 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I hope the LEs are still signed on the PF then clearcoated. Keith's signature on that sticker on the left apron screams "cost cutting" to replace the less-convenient-to-do signatures under the clear.

I don't think it's cost cutting but rather that it makes it easier for Stern to deal with warranty replacements. With all the playfield issues they had with ghosting a couple years back and having to ship customers populated playfields it's just easier when premium and LE playfields are the same vs. having to keep a bunch of signed and cleared playfields on the shelf.

#4170 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I don't think it's cost cutting but rather that it makes it easier for Stern to deal with warranty replacements. With all the playfield issues they had with ghosting a couple years back and having to ship customers populated playfields it's just easier when premium and LE playfields are the same vs. having to keep a bunch of signed and cleared playfields on the shelf.

I know why they likely may have done it, but it's one less degree of "special" - again. A sticker vs a signed then clearcoated PF. Sure that's harder, but that's WHY you're paying more - for the exclusivity.

#4171 6 years ago

Not a fan of Iron Maiden, never heard a single song....BUT when I saw the Pro I emailed my distri to get on the LE list. After seeing the photos of the LE I'm glad I did. I really like the colours and artwork and the layout is something fresh/new. Ordered LE #263 to match my LE GotG.

I understand that the LE's for Europe should be here somewhere 3rd week of June. Enough time to get into the music!

#4172 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

250 for Europe
200 for USA
50 for the band
However, I believe the band relinquished some of the 50 and they went to US distributors.

and 0 for the rest of the world..seriously 250 for EU? Stern is crazy!

#4173 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Pretty sure it Europe and the rest of the world. Some going to Australia and one coming to my place in New Zealand.

#4174 6 years ago

50 to Australia !

Could have sold 200 down under

There is a waiting list here

Up the Irons !

#4175 6 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

LE and premium should have the same playfield right?

#4176 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

They should.

#4177 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

I meant rest of the world. Sorry.

#4178 6 years ago

I am not into IMDN so the LE does nothing for me, but looks cool. I did play Pro thanks to Game Exchange for having a demo on their floor, and I really enjoyed the game play. The layout is awesome and it is a fun game to play. The music did not bother me as much as I thought it would. It was actually pretty subtle in the background.
The jury is still out of whether or not Pro or Premium/LE will be the way to go for this title. I am leaning towards the Pro for your bang for your buck, but the only thing that has me thinking otherwise is the difference with center ramp bulls-eye shot. Waiting to play Premium/LE to see how much of a difference it makes in game play. Art looks awesome on both Pro and LE and I am sure the Premium will be stellar as well.

Oh shit almost forgot- "I can taste the rainbow on the LE" -sponsored by skittles

#4179 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Crazy I have never seen so many haters of a game as I have with IMDN.. see the last rating on this link:
https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/skyemont/ratings
Fun fact he rated nearly every game he owns a perfect 10
How bad would a pinball machine truly have to be to deserve to be rated a freaking 1 on a scale of 1 to 10?
Pinball is supposed to be fun!

Wow i agree those are douche ratings.
I also doubt he has owned all those pins because if he had he probably would not rate that way...

#4180 6 years ago

there's no doubt that the gameplay and lay out were done beautifully. however, stern needs to fire the colorblind bastard that has been putting these LE packages together. I'm sorry, but the clashing of colors shown on the LE reminds me of an xmas tree throwing up

I truly wanted the LE to be a solid package that I would be proud to own, but now my hopes are resting that they don't screw up the premium package. it is a huge shame that the JBL sound package was exclusive to the LEs

one other bitch (and this is about stern in general as of late), what is up with their excessive use of visible screws and nuts?!? I realize that it's an easy method for assembly (and yes, I also realize that I've probably answered my own question right there), but the last couple of titles, they really seem to being going overboard with shiny, stainless exposed screws, nuts and bolts. in my opinion, it's really cheapening up and detracting from what would otherwise be a beautiful art package

#4181 6 years ago

I know I've seen colorized nuts ( ) out there, but is there a place to buy colorized screws?

#4182 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

I know I've seen colorized nuts

For whatever reason, blue seems to be a popular color.

Quoted from j_m_:

one other bitch (and this is about stern in general as of late), what is up with their excessive use of visible screws and nuts?!? I realize that it's an easy method for assembly (and yes, I also realize that I've probably answered my own question right there), but the last couple of titles, they really seem to being going overboard with shiny, stainless exposed screws, nuts and bolts. in my opinion, it's really cheapening up and detracting from what would otherwise be a beautiful art package

You think some of these on IMDN could be riveted once the game is received?

#4183 6 years ago

with the wild use of color on the cabinet and the backglass, they would have been better off using a muted color like a darker copper or bronze to compliment the art, rather than contend with it

again, here's hoping that they truly knock it out of the park with the premium edition and the egyptian [powerslave] theme

#4184 6 years ago

Yeah if there are silver screws and nuts on the premium, I’m gonna lose it.

#4185 6 years ago

Boom!!
So nice.

163C0957-1EDA-46CB-87B4-1D8459FE5A06.jpeg163C0957-1EDA-46CB-87B4-1D8459FE5A06.jpeg

#4186 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Boom!!
So nice.

I think I might start replacing mine..

#4187 6 years ago

N00b question: when/who splits the IMDN game into 2 game entries (Pro, Premium/LE)?

#4188 6 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

Wow i agree those are douche ratings.
I also doubt he has owned all those pins because if he had he probably would not rate that way...

The ratings was a joke. I wanted to see how quickly someone would comment and get their feelings hurt. Lol. I will play the game next Friday and give my true feelings on it. And yes, I have owned all those pins.

#4189 6 years ago

All those chrome nuts are bling, baby!

Waiting to see it in person, hard to judge the shiny cabinet finish and colors from pics for sure. A little disappointed in the side-art just in terms of the use of the plane, "oh boy fuselage!" ...said nobody ever. A diving plane lighting up the front end with bullets with a maniacal Eddie would have been way cooler, or even just something like the head side-art with a large Eddie in the cockpit. I guess I'm less fond of a bunch of Eddie's running around when you can put the focus on one really cool one. Not saying the actual drawing isn't amazing, just not that thrilled with the framing I guess.

I have to say I was sort of expecting the sarcophagus ball lock to be a molded piece, but I guess since the top is a functional ball path as well you can't really do much with it. Still looks great. Really hard to see the differences in the backplane plastics and lighting from pictures too. I imagine the 3D effect is much cooler in person.

All in, a really sweet looking game. Excited to see what the Prem is going to look like for sure, though I really love the idea of the LE's mirror backglass.

..oh, and relegating the designer's signature to a sticker on the apron is total bunk, sorry. I love seeing that signature under the clear on the playfield. Totally cheapens it IMHO.

#4190 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Boom!!
So nice.

Is this the right size for all the screws on the backboard?

Gold or Orange will look a million times better!

#4191 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

yes

#4192 6 years ago

Does anyone know where this Premium/LE exclusive feature is / what it's used for?

"Interactive "RGBeacon": chase light beacon featuring 12 color-changing RGB LEDs"

#4193 6 years ago

I played the Pro on Tuesday. I wish I could give a full review but honestly, I was just having so much fun playing it I didn't get a chance to notice anything else. It's a great shot layout and a ton of fun. Lots going on with the rules; With the multiplier targets scattered along the playfield you find yourself taking opportunistic pot-shots to get the multipliers before a big shot/jackpot. It's well done and I am looking forward to playing it again soon!

#4194 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

The jury is still out of whether or not Pro or Premium/LE will be the way to go for this title.

If you ask me Premium is the only way to go.
All the intended gameplay minus the unnecessary and costly bling bling.

#4195 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah if there are silver screws and nuts on the premium, I’m gonna lose it.

That is why you own an airbrush.

#4196 6 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

If you ask me Premium is the only way to go.
All the intended gameplay minus the unnecessary and costly bling bling.

At least this time the LE brings a fair amount of actual value beyond "exclusivity". Lots of guys would add most of the stuff included in the LE package anyway, invisiglass, powder-coating, shaker, BG if they could, enhanced sound, etc. etc. If you price that stuff out retail the LE "premium" is maybe only $500-$1K over what it would cost you to add all that stuff. Fair deal IMHO.

But yeah, certainly nothing wrong with the Premium (or even Pro) if you aren't interested in that stuff.

#4197 6 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

That is why you own an airbrush.

I do? Mind showing me where it is?

#4198 6 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

So, basically what you want is a premium then.

#4199 6 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I have to say the shade of red they used looks damn cool in the high res pics that I got a glimpse of.

#4200 6 years ago

Just think of the screws as the Piece of Mind lobotomy latch plate aesthetic

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Trade
$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/84 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.