1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 7,167 posts
  • 672 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by Fezmid
  • Topic is favorited by 92 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 888 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

9C575F0A-1D88-44CA-9EB8-6B444307CEA7 (resized).jpeg
20180726_193050 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180619_202938 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180626_061913 (resized).jpg
20180625_090851 (resized).jpg
20180625_090605 (resized).jpg
IMG_0386 (resized).JPG
EC0D26C9-4574-415D-85B3-9B8AC424589E (resized).jpeg
20180622_172513 (resized).jpg
20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7167 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 144.
#4001 1 year ago

I dont think the ramp lifts? There is a diverter at the top that raises up so the ball goes around the backboard to the newton ball area maybe? Then u hit the newton ball to get them back out for mb?

#4002 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I dont think the ramp lifts? There is a diverter at the top that raises up so the ball goes around the backboard to the newton ball area maybe? Then u hit the newton ball to get them back out for mb?

You can BARELY make out the end of a channel cut into the right wall of the ramp. Seems to strongly imply that it lifts on the Prem/LE versions.

ramp-raise (resized).jpg

#4003 1 year ago

Well four years ago I asked for my dream "Trooper" limited edition and even posted about it. Now it seems I sort of called it well. So happy I was able to get one of the last USA LE models left because you are not finding one now for a real price now.
So happy with the look of the LE and the upgrades look worth it. Going to need headphones for mine that is for sure.

PAYMENT SENT FOR BALANCE!

#4004 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

You can BARELY make out the end of a slot on the right wall of the ramp. Seems to strongly imply that it lifts.

Not sure which is y im asking....but then whats the diverter at the top of the ramp for? Surely it dont do both?

#4005 1 year ago

This is quoted from this week in pinball's transcript from the coast 2 coast pinball interview with keith reguarding the ball lock.

"The back panel is a lot more interactive on the LE. So on the pro we have standard wood back panel with a decal on it and it has one plastic surrounding the bullseye target, whereas the LE has stacked layers – I think four layers of stacked plastics – so it has this cool 3D look. There is a scoop if you will in the back of the panel, so this motorized diverter opens up, it is on the left ramp, and it reveals a secret passage called the Pharaoh’s tomb. You shoot past the diverter, which is actually a statue, you shoot past the diverter and it holds the ball in there. And it can do one of two things, it can load up the Sarcophagus which is the physical ball lock mech which is not on the pro, or it can dump out to the upper left flipper. So we’re using that for something a mode awards, or also the ball lock on the Sarcophagus which is very similar to the rocket launcher on Archer, except it also unloads to the center scoop which is underneath the middle ramp."

link for the full transcript here

http://thisweekinpinball.com/twip-iron-maiden-reveal-premium-and-le-info-keith-elwin-interview-deadpool-image-leak-spooky-updates-more/

#4006 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

You can BARELY make out the end of a channel cut into the right wall of the ramp. Seems to strongly imply that it lifts on the Prem/LE versions.

Or you can just look at the picture with the ramp raised. You know...to save time.

rampy (resized).jpg

#4007 1 year ago

Nevermind.

fd1015031ef8630661edb4797be8b378143344a2 (resized).jpg

#4008 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Or you can just look at the picture with the ramp raised. You know...to save time.

Didn't see that one!

#4009 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I believe they are talking about the left ramp... we know the center raises. On archer the left ramp raised but i dont think it does on maidien

#4010 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

you and your logic are not welcome here, no please kindly leave.

#4011 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Not sure which is y im asking....but then whats the diverter at the top of the ramp for? Surely it dont do both?

It looks like that comes out next to the ramp and loads or unloads the motorized sarcophagus.

#4012 1 year ago

Backglass looks really nice. Couldn't tell much from earlier leaked pic.

#4013 1 year ago

The guardian lifts up and the ball goes behind the backboard. It comes out where the sphinx head is to the left of the jump ramp and goes down that short ramp to the sarcophagus.

The left ramp does not lift.

#4014 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I believe they are talking about the left ramp...

WTF is happneing here today? I don;t think that's the left ramp

rampy2 (resized).jpg

#4015 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

It looks like that comes out next to the ramp and loads or unloads the motorized sarcophagus.

I thought u all were talking about the left ramp raising bc archer did. I know the center does.

#4016 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

It will look awesome especially with the foil decals (they look phenomenal on IMVE & BM66SLE)

They look great on KISS LE, too.

#4017 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

WTF is happneing here today?

Huh...im talking about the left ramp as it raised on archer i believe.

#4018 1 year ago

Now we just need deadflip.

#4019 1 year ago

Who's signature is on LE plastic?

IMG_0223 (resized).JPG

#4020 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Easy, give up your order and buy a premium

Do we know the airplane is not on the premium as well though? Any guess on when we see the premium? Thanks.

#4021 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Maybe it's intentionally not a spitfire because that would probably require extra licensing costs from whoever owns the rights to the plane.
Rob

If I was in WWII, they'd call me Spitfire

#4022 1 year ago
Quoted from TheWizard00:

This is quoted from this week in pinball's transcript from the coast 2 coast pinball interview with keith reguarding the ball lock.
"The back panel is a lot more interactive on the LE. So on the pro we have standard wood back panel with a decal on it and it has one plastic surrounding the bullseye target, whereas the LE has stacked layers – I think four layers of stacked plastics – so it has this cool 3D look. There is a scoop if you will in the back of the panel, so this motorized diverter opens up, it is on the left ramp, and it reveals a secret passage called the Pharaoh’s tomb. You shoot past the diverter, which is actually a statue, you shoot past the diverter and it holds the ball in there. And it can do one of two things, it can load up the Sarcophagus which is the physical ball lock mech which is not on the pro, or it can dump out to the upper left flipper. So we’re using that for something a mode awards, or also the ball lock on the Sarcophagus which is very similar to the rocket launcher on Archer, except it also unloads to the center scoop which is underneath the middle ramp."
link for the full transcript here
http://thisweekinpinball.com/twip-iron-maiden-reveal-premium-and-le-info-keith-elwin-interview-deadpool-image-leak-spooky-updates-more/

Hope the back panel is the same on the premium, can’t wait to see the artwork

#4023 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

WTF is happneing here today?

daydrinking (resized).jpg

The voice of day-drinking wisdom:

#4024 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Elwin

#4025 1 year ago

Zoom in it says Keith elwin

#4026 1 year ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Hope the back panel is the same on the premium, can’t wait to see the artwork

it will have all the same playfield features so you are good.

#4027 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Do we know the airplane is not on the premium as well though? Any guess on when we see the premium? Thanks.

Don't think they had airplanes in Egypt, and the Premium is a Powerslave/Egyptian theme according to the spec sheet.

That guy from the Fear of the Dark mode.

#4028 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

The guardian lifts up and the ball goes behind the backboard. It comes out where the sphinx head is to the left of the jump ramp and goes down that short ramp to the sarcophagus.
The left ramp does not lift.

Thats what i thought/said... then what happens ? You hit the balls out of it?

#4029 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Dude - you are way off on that critique. The launcher there is a flat plastic with a ball deflector on it. The 3D stuff you are talking about is on the backboard... and it's there and MOVES.

Talking aesthetics. Hardly visual amazement. But I was never a huge fan of stacked Shrinky Dinks anyway.

ECAF65EE-3BAA-45EA-A98A-A9AB8FB5C3D5 (resized).jpeg

7C6E1A43-2AE2-4A49-80C0-49505B9991C7 (resized).jpeg

#4030 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

That guy from the Fear of the Dark mode.

RUN FAT ASS RUN!!!

#4031 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Don't think they had airplanes in Egypt, and the Premium is a Powerslave/Egyptian theme according to the spec sheet.

I’m picturing a poweslave cabinet to be blue sky and bright sand.
Can’t wait to see it.

#4032 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Huh...im talking about the left ramp as it raised on archer i believe.

Yes, but not here. Lots of changes from archer, even if the geometry is largely the same. No scoop - we have the orb newton ball instead. No orbit behind the left ramp.. etc

Here is the ball path at the top of the left ramp open and closed

IM-LE-Detail-03a-small (resized).jpg
IM-LE-Detail-04a-small (resized).jpg

It seems like the ball goes from there, down to the short bridge that leads to either the sarcophagus mech when it's 'open' and tilted up, or would roll on top of it, hit the plastic divertor and goto the mini flipper when the sarcophagus is closed/lowered.

IM-LE-Detail-05a-small (resized).jpg

#4033 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Thats what i thought/said... then what happens ? You hit the balls out of it?

That's what it's like on Archer. But you got me here... not sure. Elwin said something about the balls dumping into the scoop under the center ramp, though.

#4034 1 year ago

Ok, so I assume when the center ramp lifts up, you shoot it into a scoop that holds it and shoots it back at you?

#4035 1 year ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Talking aesthetics. Hardly visual amazement. But I was never a huge fan of stacked Shrinky Dinks anyway.

Point is.. you weren't even looking at what the topic was.

#4036 1 year ago

Eddie's

#4037 1 year ago
Quoted from twinmice:

Ok, so I assume when the center ramp lifts up, you shoot it into a scoop that holds it and shoots it back at you?

Or... it just goes into the orbit area... where the posts can control what to do with it. Dunno what it does yet. Maybe a saucer...

#4038 1 year ago

I think Zombie Yeti did an unbelievable good job here. We all love the classic Derek Riggs Iron Maiden style. But the Band wants an other style these days and so this game is based on the new tour and the "Legacy of the Beast" comics. Most of the Iron Maiden fans don't know these comics and the merchandising around them and perhaps they don't like this style. Zombie Yeti had to connect the Comic World to the fantasy that hardcore Iron Maiden fans want the games to look. This was not an easy job for Stern and Yeti!!! But I think he did this in an awesome way. The world underclass and on the cabinet brings everything together. It has now a coherent style and I thought that would not be possible. Now they only have to work more on the LCD animation and this could be a perfect theme integration in my opinion.

Edit: And for the premiums, I don't think they will base these on the powerslave album. They will be based on the Powerslave/Desert World of the comics. You can see the mummy-eddie art on the pro translite.

#4039 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yes, but not here. Lots of changes from archer, even if the geometry is largely the same. No scoop - we have the orb newton ball instead. No orbit behind the left ramp.. etc
Here is the ball path at the top of the left ramp open and closed

It seems like the ball goes from there, down to the short bridge that leads to either the sarcophagus mech, or would roll on top of it, hit the plastic divertor and goto the mini flipper.

This guy gets it.

Quoted from twinmice:

pretty sure the center ramp is just to release the multiball. have my doubts about it being a shoot into shot.

#4040 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

.... Elwin said something about the balls dumping into the scoop under the center ramp, though.

IMG_0224 (resized).JPG

#4041 1 year ago

Very excited to see all these mechs at work and how everything comes together.

#4042 1 year ago

"3D" Plastics.

293orc (resized).jpg

#4043 1 year ago

pfft... compared to other recent stern games the fact people are bringing this up is so petty.

Uhhh... GOT "castle" and Door anyone? please...

#4045 1 year ago

Included is a motor controlled tomb entrance feeding a motorized
combination ball lock/Newton ball, which allows the player to physically
knock a Newton ball onto the playfield to be an active multiball. A second
new and unique device is a very cool omnidirectional ball target used in
place of the Pro’s normal standup target. The Premium and LE are further
enhanced by the jump ramp that opens to reveal a scoop, interactive chase
light beacon led device, backlit stacked back panel plastic, plus the
inclusion of custom Eddie sculpts.

Looks like u do knock locked balls out by hitting the Newton ball....and the center lift ramp is just a,scoop that will shoot the ball back out of.

#4046 1 year ago

These kids and their fancy memes and internet wizardry but can't spell their own names. (Not you WY, I'm assuming you didn't make that.)
*yells at cloud*

#4047 1 year ago

To each his own but I prefer the Pro art cabinet over the LE. Just like I prefered Premium/pro art on ghostbusters over the LE which I truly find disgusting. Said it many times this is my dream theme and with gameplay like I've seen and comments from people it looks like a grand slam. Keeping in mind this pin is leaving the factory with a mature code. This is all good. Will buy one for sure but I don't feel like spending the extras for this artwork. Maybe if the toys and gimmicks still worth it than the premium it will be for me. I was really open mind with this dream theme. So even if LE would have been all gone I would not mind paying extra to buy someone spot but now I feel the premium might be better for me if the toys are awesome. If not pro is perfect. So if some people were expecting to make a profit on an LE they planned to flip it aint going to be with me hehehe. I keep remebering ALL the people who were making comments how maiden will never happened and basically sucked when I started threads 5 years ago. Now some of these people might have seen the light cause some of them created the same patern again : pre ordering an LE they havent seen a thing about.....ahhhhhhhh pinside.

#4048 1 year ago

I have an order on an LE, and I feel like stern listened to us. Mirrored backglass, shaker motor, hand drawn art, anti-reflective glass, upgraded speaker system..

Design looks awesome, gameplay and rules on the pro are awesome, new ramp mechs look next-level.

I’m thrilled.. Up the irons! Great work Keith and Stern.

#4049 1 year ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

The stacked plastics look fine, what Stern need to learn to do is hide the head of all those nuts, that whole backboard area would look x10 better if all those nuts where hidden, but if all we can complain about is some nuts then Stern did something right with the rest of the game its going to rock!

#4050 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

These kids and their fancy memes and internet wizardry but can't spell their own names. (Not you WY, I'm assuming you didn't make that.)
*yells at cloud*

I did. I feel so bad now.

Can I blame it on auto correct?

Maybe I should do it over so we can use it on the next Stern....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Ramon, CA
$ 19.95
Wanted
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
There are 7167 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 144.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside