20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 144.
#3951 6 years ago

I thought the same thing, but they did not mention magnets anywhere in the description of the game.

#3952 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

It looks like a magnet.

Looks like magnet to me. When activated the ball stops short of the standup target and then see the temptress hovering on the plastic above and stopping the ball with her spell.

#3953 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

When activated the ball stops short of the standup target and then pan out you'll see the temptress stopping the ball with her spell.

Ooooooo nice ! I like her stopping my balls

#3954 6 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

I thought the same thing, but they did not mention magnets anywhere in the description of the game.

There appears to be 2 magnets in the game. One for the orb and one for the newton ball.

#3955 6 years ago

They actually removed the subway to the lower scoop? Sigh

#3956 6 years ago

It looks like it’s got optos instead of switches on the ramps that’s unusual for stern

#3957 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

There appears to be 2 magnets in the game. One for the orb and one for the newton ball.

those arent magnets, they are just the new style of newton ball stern is using.

#3958 6 years ago

After seeing the pictures leaked on here I wasn't that impressed however after seeing the high resolution pics I think LE owners will be very happy. Should look even better in person with the mirrored backglass and foil decals.

#3959 6 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

They actually removed the subway to the lower scoop? Sigh

yeah i posted that it didnt have a subway and scoop way earlier in the thread, keith mentioned it on the coast 2 coast podcast right when the pro was revealed. I dont remember who but someone kept insisting it would have a subway even after after the podcast came out, saying it was going to have all the same stuff archer had, ill have to go back through the bajillion posts to remind myself who was wrong lol. LE looks badass congrats to those guys, now bring on the premium cause i want to buy one!

#3960 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Looks like magnet to me. When activated the ball stops short of the standup target and then see the temptress hovering on the plastic above and stopping the ball with her spell.

No, it looks like a fixed ball that acts like a target switch itself. It's an orb... get it

It's not just a magnet because the ball is there in that same position in all the photos.

#3961 6 years ago
Quoted from TheWizard00:

now bring on the premium cause i want to buy one!

Aslong as the Prem has the same physical playfield/features as the LE, Stern are going to be selling this title by the boat load, I am genuinely blown away by how good this looks, Sterns best looking release in a long time, bravo Keith and team you smashed this one out the park!

#3962 6 years ago

So that "orb" ball hits into the target behind it? Or is the target just for aesthetics?

The light above the orb is also RGB.

#3963 6 years ago

So, is the Sphinx’s face a return flap for the Anubis lock? Then drops into the backside of the upper captive ball? The captive ball mech pivots forward? To lock the ball? Looks like it has 2 pop up posts in the back? One under the return on each ramp

#3964 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

No, it looks like a fixed ball that acts like a target switch itself. It's an orb... get it

It's not just a magnet because the ball is there in that same position in all the photos.

OK this makes sense now. If they were magnets, there wouldn't be balls on them in the photos. So these are just fixed balls that act as switches. Curious what holds them in place?

#3965 6 years ago

I don't know guys but that gold armor mock up is waaaay better than the red and completely removes the whole Christmas vibe.

#3966 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

OK this makes sense now. If they were magnets, there wouldn't be balls on them in the photos. So these are just fixed balls that act as switches. Curious what holds them in place?

there is a rod going through the middle of the ball, that rod pokes into a hole on the playfields and is bolted underneath the playfield.

#3967 6 years ago

IMG_5581 (resized).JPGIMG_5581 (resized).JPG

IMG_5590 (resized).PNGIMG_5590 (resized).PNG

IMG_5596 (resized).PNGIMG_5596 (resized).PNG

IMG_5591 (resized).PNGIMG_5591 (resized).PNG

IMG_5597 (resized).PNGIMG_5597 (resized).PNG

#3968 6 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

I don't know guys but that gold armor mock up is waaaay better than the red and completely removes the whole Christmas vibe.

Now if we can figure out a way to remove the airplane side art....

#3969 6 years ago

IMG_5589 (resized).PNGIMG_5589 (resized).PNG

IMG_5592 (resized).PNGIMG_5592 (resized).PNG

#3970 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

It will look awesome especially with the foil decals (they look phenomenal on IMVE & BM66SLE) if not just go down from your LE to Prem, aslong as the Prem has the same playfield features as the LE you wont be missing out, hell even the Pro on this release is knocking peoples socks off.

#3972 6 years ago

Just tuned in to see the pics. I think the LE is killer looking myself, not sure why people arent liking it. I think its beautiful!

#3973 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Just tuned in to see the pics. I think the LE is killer looking myself, not sure why people arent liking it. I think its beautiful!

I think the art rocks! Backglass is amazing. Great job Zombie Yeti!

#3974 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Easy, give up your order and buy a premium.

#3975 6 years ago

Is getting better with each HD pic !!
Bullet holes in the front near shooter is sweet.

#3976 6 years ago

I'd be COMPLETELY happy with a Pro vs. an LE on this one.

What happened to the 3D stuff we were told about? Layers of 2D art screwed on top of each other are "technically" 3D, but we're grasping at straws here.

I mean, let's create art and put 4 screws into it, then some plastic to block it, then call it a feature?

what (resized).jpgwhat (resized).jpg

#3977 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Layers of 2D art screwed on top of each other are "technically" 3D...

Then most games since the 80s have had "3D" plastics

The pro is kick ass

#3978 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Then most games since the 80s have had "3D" plastics

Collection value just went up!

#3979 6 years ago

What happened to the 3D look near the rear target we were told about? Layers of 2D art screwed on top of each other are "technically" 3D, but we're grasping at straws here.

I dunno man, I would probably go Prem all day everyday, that lock mech looks pretty damn sweet plus any kind of diverter on a ramp is usually a neat trick especially if it completely changes up the ramp shot - its 2 shots for the price of 1 ramp. Shame there doesn't seem to be a vari target like there was on Archer or the lower scoop but I am nit picking as the whole package on this game looks great!

Saying all that though I don't think anyone going Pro on this release would be disappointed though the Pro itself is a more than competent package!

#3980 6 years ago

This game looks amazing but this “reveal” is a complete dumpster fire!

So stern has yet to formally release any images of LE or PREM but clearly there are leaks all over the place from within since many of you have some or all of the photos. This can not possibly be how Stern wanted these images to hit the market. They have lost total control of the collateral and the timing and the nature of the reveal...how does this even happen? They did so well keeping this thing secret and it’s got amazing press thus far but this turn of events is laughable!

That said I think the thing looks amazing and can’t wait to play it!!! I just feel bad for Stern that this shit show is unfolding. Why haven’t they killed it by expediting their intended reveal? Unbelievable.

#3981 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Maybe it's intentionally not a spitfire because that would probably require extra licensing costs from whoever owns the rights to the plane.
Rob

I have a feeling that’s one of the few things on earth nobody owns the rights to.

#3982 6 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

So stern has yet to formally release any images of LE or PREM but clearly there are leaks all over the place from within since many of you have some or all of the photos. This can not possibly be how Stern wanted these images to hit the market. They have lost total control of the collateral and the timing and the nature of the reveal...how does this even happen? They did so well keeping this thing secret and it’s got amazing press thus far but this turn of events is laughable!
That said I think the thing looks amazing and can’t wait to play it!!! I just feel bad for Stern that this shit show is unfolding. Why haven’t they killed it by expediting their intended reveal? Unbelievable.

Wow man, your standards for “dumpster fire” are pretty low!

Have you checked out the Alien thread lately?

Nothing wrong with this “reveal.” Will be completely forgotten tomorrow.

#3983 6 years ago

LE backglass is SO MUCH better. The art on both is solid, but the cyborg Eddie looks silly no matter who draws it or in whatever context he appears. Way better Eddie representation on the LE.

#3984 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I dunno man, I would probably go Prem all day everyday, that lock mech looks pretty damn sweet plus any kind of diverter on a ramp is usually a neat trick especially if it completely changes up the ramp shot - its 2 shots for the price of 1 ramp. Shame there doesn't seem to be a vari target like there was on Archer or the lower scoop but I am nit picking as the whole package on this game looks great!
Saying all that though I don't think anyone going Pro on this release would be disappointed though the Pro itself is a more than competent package!

The premium may knock it out of the park and really hit the sweet spot of features and art, but I have a feeling the lifting ramp might get in the way of the flow of the game, like bicycle girl. I know it's different, but still, is it worth like a 2K difference?

#3985 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Wow man, your standards for “dumpster fire” are pretty low!
Have you checked out the Alien thread lately?
Nothing wrong with this “reveal.” Will be completely forgotten tomorrow.

Lol yes the alien thread and the whole debacle with heighway closing is a whole new level of dumpster fire but in a much sadder way. I just can’t imagine any serious product release for any major company getting so screwed up and undermined by consumers. I am thrilled to see the images! Again don’t get me wrong this thing is a slam dunk but man the reveal could have been so much cleaner and frankly commensurate with the level of quality and excitement of the product itself.

#3986 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Out of curiosity who picks the art themes on Stern machines?

Stern-Decider (resized).jpgStern-Decider (resized).jpg

#3987 6 years ago

What happened to the 3D stuff we were told about? Layers of 2D art screwed on top of each other are "technically" 3D, but we're grasping at straws here.
I mean, let's create art and put 4 screws into it, then some plastic to block it, then call it a feature?

Dude - you are way off on that critique. The launcher there is a flat plastic with a ball deflector on it. The 3D stuff you are talking about is on the backboard... and it's there and MOVES.

#3988 6 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

While a lot of Sterns reveals could be described as dumpster fires I don't think this is one of them, Stern are not allowed to release these images publically before the licence holder, Sterns hands are tied you do what your licence holder says.

So what better way to get them out in the public domain while keeping your own hands clean, than pass them onto distributors, who will pass them on to customers, who will likely leak them publically and blow the hype train into overdrive, I actually think this was a pretty clever reveal from Stern for once!

Then again it could be a complete fluke and accident after all

#3989 6 years ago

...but I have a feeling the lifting ramp might get in the way of the flow of the game, like bicycle girl.

No idea but the ramp on pro isn't exactly a flow monster. You hit it up there and it can dribble to one side or the other...sometimes not very fast so it really isn't in the middle of a chain of shots or anything.
Raising ramp cool. Ball lock/diverter (?) thing looks cool. Orb is juts a ball sitting there...OK; If it was magnetized that could be cool. Throw in $50 worth of dolls and it's not for me but I'm not a prem+ buyer to begin with.

Quoted from J85M:

While a lot of Sterns reveals could be described as dumpster fires I don't think this is one of them,...

They are all dumpster fire on Pinside because Pinside talks itself into a frenzy every time and it's impossible to live up to it.

#3990 6 years ago

The premium may knock it out of the park and really hit the sweet spot of features and art, but I have a feeling the lifting ramp might get in the way of the flow of the game, like bicycle girl. I know it's different, but still, is it worth like a 2K difference?

Like in TWD you can probably deactivate the ramp, to each their own I love the ramp on the TWD gives me two shots for the price of one, but like TWD the Pro with this release looks just as solid as the Prem/LE, its more a choice of flavours than loosing out as each tier looks like a blast!

#3991 6 years ago
Quoted from TheWizard00:

yeah i posted that it didnt have a subway and scoop way earlier in the thread, keith mentioned it on the coast 2 coast podcast right when the pro was revealed. I dont remember who but someone kept insisting it would have a subway even after after the podcast came out, saying it was going to have all the same stuff archer had, ill have to go back through the bajillion posts to remind myself who was wrong lol. LE looks badass congrats to those guys, now bring on the premium cause i want to buy one!

I can’t tell what’s going on in the right upper loop where the vari target to scoop shot was in Archer. But that must be gone too, right?

I’m sure this will be super fun but the fanatical anti subway bias at Stern is a bummer. It leads to so many “balls bouncing back at you from where you shot it” situations where it seems like a subway should naturally be.

#3992 6 years ago

If this thing is still in my basement 2 years from now I’m gonna fully brass the ramps, habitrails, and all the surrounding armor and it’s totally gonna rule.

#3993 6 years ago

So where does the ball go when you shoot it under the ramp??

#3994 6 years ago

Very curious how the ramp/diverter and newton ball stuff works on the back left half of the playfield

#3995 6 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

So where does the ball go when you shoot it under the ramp??

Into a scoop located below the centre jump/lift ramp.

#3996 6 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

My Photoshop skills aren't as good as GBs (using GIMP actually), but I wanted to see what Gold looked like. I think I dig it.

You did that in Gimp? Impressed.

#3997 6 years ago

Thanks, but where does it emerge from?

#3998 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Into a scoop located below the centre jump/lift ramp.

Yeah, but where does it exit is the question I think?

#3999 6 years ago

If it's a scoop probably right back out the way it came? Holds a ball in there in MB or something maybe?

#4000 6 years ago

Maybe, I would assume it must as I don't see anywhere else it would come out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/80?hl=flex_in_aus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.