20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 144.
#3501 6 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

So WOOLYs toys are exponentially better than MET LE such that it gets an overall perfect rating but METs toys are garbage?

glad we agree!

#3502 6 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Also, based on your criteria, please enlighten us on the amazing toys on Andromeda, a game you rated 9.9.

All I’m doing is quoting you.

You can be a Stern hater if you want. But don’t pretend to be balanced, reasonable or fair.

i rate based on era. They are MY ratings and I do them only for myself to track games I feel like rating.

Andromeda is a kick ass game, esp for that era. Toys on a modern Stern are NOT up-posts, no matter how you spin it.

For Wooly it is jammed packed with toys. Those 6 flippers include 2 on a dedicated upper playfield, a troll mech, a sweet active lock in yet another toy, captive ball, and a helmut vuk. Always like when people dont know a game and think it is just 6 flippers.

To be fair, toys is the one category I rated METle slightly higher. That hammer is a cool toy. It cant save the rest of that turdfest, but it is a neat toy.

#3503 6 years ago

Oh god, its like I woke up thinking today was Christmas, but after some confusion and stumbling around, mum and dad decide to tell me its not until tomorrow,maybe..

#3504 6 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Ok, now it's the first time I am worried about the LE.

I would be shitting bricks right now.

#3505 6 years ago

oh, and what is a 'WOOLY'?!

#3506 6 years ago
Quoted from Flex_in_Aus:

oh, and what is a 'WOOLY'?!

Best game ever made duh.

#3509 6 years ago

I was going through a few comics tonight I think I found a Powerslave premium and a battlefield LE reference here

IMG_6927 (resized).JPGIMG_6927 (resized).JPG

#3510 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

i rate based on era. They are MY ratings and I do them only for myself to track games I feel like rating.
Andromeda is a kick ass game, esp for that era. Toys on a modern Stern are NOT up-posts, no matter how you spin it.
For Wooly it is jammed packed with toys. Those 6 flippers include 2 on a dedicated upper playfield, a troll mech, a sweet active lock in yet another toy, captive ball, and a helmut vuk. Always like when people dont know a game and think it is just 6 flippers.
To be fair, toys is the one category I rated METle slightly higher. That hammer is a cool toy. It cant save the rest of that turdfest, but it is a neat toy.

The fact you call Met a turdfest simply means you are clueless lol.

#3511 6 years ago

This game is getting a lot of support

70592201-6A48-4AC0-BC60-5D860D8A85ED (resized).png70592201-6A48-4AC0-BC60-5D860D8A85ED (resized).png

#3512 6 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

This game is getting a lot of support

Smallest update. Just fixed their Stern shaker motor slam tilt problem. That's it. The irony is the Pinballlife shaker motors worked fine with 0.92.

#3513 6 years ago

Played last night at The Sanctum. Will be the biggest seller for Stern ever.

#3514 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The irony is the Pinballlife shaker motors worked fine with 0.92.

Mine didn't and was PBL. Works great on 0.93 though!

#3515 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Mine didn't and was PBL. Works great on 0.93 though!

Hmm. Weird. I wonder what the difference was. Ours worked perfectly.

#3516 6 years ago

About to order some new balls for my LE. Does Maiden use magnets I haven't got a chance to play it yet and I am trying to figure out if I need carbon balls or not

#3517 6 years ago
Quoted from redlines:

About to order some new balls for my LE. Does Maiden use magnets I haven't got a chance to play it yet and I am trying to figure out if I need carbon balls or not

Pro does not.

#3518 6 years ago
Quoted from redlines:

IMDN requires slightly larger than normal balls I've heard. It's just that great of a game. You need to special order them, they even come delivered in a fuzzy sack.

#3519 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

So you think MET is a turdfest huh? I think you just enjoy getting people fired up because there is no way in hell that you really believe that or half of the other stuff that you say. Metallica is one of the best pinball machines that has ever been made easily. Come on whysnow get real!

#3520 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

The fact you call Met a turdfest simply means you are clueless lol.

I always do a reversal on someone who has major bias and have “their guy” make the same game.

Like if Spooky said - hey we got the Metallica license and band is doing callouts. It has some cool dude doing the art, couple of scoops, couple of magnets, smooth Metal Ramps, a snake and this crazy sparky guy toy you Shock to death. Pretty good rules and music and this will be $5100 delivered right from the Spooky factory in weeks and not the usual 6+ month wait. Here it is! Let me know if you like it.

Whysnow rating - 1.21 Turd! Lol!

#3521 6 years ago
Quoted from redlines:

No magnets on any model from my knowledge

#3522 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So you think MET is a turdfest huh? I think you just enjoy getting people fired up because there is no way in hell that you really believe that or half of the other stuff that you say. Metallica is one of the best pinball machines that has ever been made easily. Come on whysnow get real!

Anyone that refers to MET as a 'turdfest' should be not only banned from Pinside forever, but their America Online dialup account terminated for good

#3523 6 years ago

A longtime IM fan was ecstatic to get his Pro set up today!

Thanks Paul!

IMG_6885 (resized).JPGIMG_6885 (resized).JPG

IMG_6886 (resized).JPGIMG_6886 (resized).JPG

#3524 6 years ago

No pics again today Going to those adult website again tonight to cheer me up and fall asleep faster !!!

#3525 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Put a few games on Maiden Pro at the 1Up Lodo today. ....The LCD animation is spotty, some pretty decent, some amazingly bad (“dumpy guy with beard being stalked through the woods at night” mode?).
Overall I’m looking forward to playing more and figuring out some rudimentary strategies. But so far so good!

Umm, that dumpy guy would be Keith Elwin... I think this animation is a great easter egg, but word is it may be removed.

#3526 6 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

No pics again today Going to those adult website again tonight to cheer me up and fall asleep faster !!!

#3527 6 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Anyone that refers to MET as a 'turdfest' should be not only banned from Pinside forever, but their America Online dialup account terminated for good

I swear sometimes i really wonder if he doesn't just say things for shock value and to sit back and watch how people respond. I just for the life of me don't believe that he thinks MET Premium is a turdfest, no way he doesn't have fun playing that game.

Just like him giving IMDN a 6.5 out of 10 lmao. I KNOW for a fact that he does not truly believe that and is just trying to get people fired up on here! It's not humanly possible to be that......I'll just say naive because i don't want to get banned.

#3528 6 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Umm, that dumpy guy would be Keith Elwin... I think this animation is a great easter egg, but word is it may be removed.

We joked that it was Peter from Deadpool 2. Just about as random.

#3529 6 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Ha! That is pretty funny, if totally random. Regardless, it’s also poorly animated so hopefully they’ll spruce it up if they’re going to keep it (maybe have Gary Stern stalking him with unsigned HR forms?)

#3530 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Lemme know when they add a ported sub to the cabinet and we can talk.

A ported sub would not be an improvement. One of the reason these cheap speakers put out the depth of bass they generate now is due to the fact that the cabinet is way over sized for the speaker which ends up massively reducing its resonation frequency. Putting the speaker into a box and porting it would result in much more boomy sounding bass.

#3531 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I swear sometimes i really wonder if he doesn't just say things for shock value and to sit back and watch how people respond. I just for the life of me don't believe that he thinks MET Premium is a turdfest, no way he doesn't have fun playing that game.
Just like him giving IMDN a 6.5 out of 10 lmao. I KNOW for a fact that he does not truly believe that and is just trying to get people fired up on here! It's not humanly possible to be that......I'll just say naive because i don't want to get banned.

I genuinely dislike MET, same for ACDC. Music (which plays into immersion and overall theme also) and gameplay are big for me and I find both to lose in both categories. Theme honestly means very little to me unless it goes so far as to ruin everything else. Both of these game have such shitty themes that are so poorly implemented and then you toss on the grating music you have to listen to the entire time you play and yes, they really are turdfests. ACDC gets bonus turd points for having a stupid cannon that blocks an inlane/outlane; god what a dumb ass idea that has not worked on previous games yet keeps getting recycled.

IMDN is much better than those two games because it is such a better playfield layout. Unfortunate that it still has a shit theme and that is largely what plays together to keep it 6.5 on a 10 point scale. That is honestly pretty solid and above 50% of the games I have rated. It lacks any real toys also, unless we are letting modern era games slip by and calling spinners and flippers toys??? That really should be the baseline expectation for any new Stern (minimum of 2 flipps, 2 slings, 3 pops, 2 spinners) Then build a toy or neat feature into the game that is satisfying to shoot, slap on 2 ramps, and call it a day. I guess they are attempting to call a 3 ring target a toy??? I equate that as just barely better than a tie fighter on a spring, but they do get some points for copying another good design that Gottlieb cam up with 20 years ago. Gtb was way ahead of their time in many ways.

I do find it a bit creepy how much time you spend thinking about me, and how I rate games... You may want to think about your choices in life.

#3532 5 years ago

No whysnow for 5 days

#3533 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

No whysnow for 5 days

As soon as I saw Who-Dey post I knew Whysnow reply to him was only going to end in a thread eject

#3534 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I genuinely dislike MET, same for ACDC. Music (which plays into immersion and overall theme also) and gameplay are big for me and I find both to lose in both categories. Theme honestly means very little to me unless it goes so far as to ruin everything else. Both of these game have such shitty themes that are so poorly implemented and then you toss on the grating music you have to listen to the entire time you play and yes, they really are turdfests. ACDC gets bonus turd points for having a stupid cannon that blocks an inlane/outlane; god what a dumb ass idea that has not worked on previous games yet keeps getting recycled.
IMDN is much better than those two games because it is such a better playfield layout. Unfortunate that it still has a shit theme and that is largely what plays together to keep it 6.5 on a 10 point scale. That is honestly pretty solid and above 50% of the games I have rated. It lacks any real toys also, unless we are letting modern era games slip by and calling spinners and flippers toys??? That really should be the baseline expectation for any new Stern (minimum of 2 flipps, 2 slings, 3 pops, 2 spinners) Then build a toy or neat feature into the game that is satisfying to shoot, slap on 2 ramps, and call it a day. I guess they are attempting to call a 3 ring target a toy??? I equate that as just barely better than a tie fighter on a spring, but they do get some points for copying another good design that Gottlieb cam up with 20 years ago. Gtb was way ahead of their time in many ways.
I do find it a bit creepy how much time you spend thinking about me, and how I rate games... You may want to think about your choices in life.

5 days
I was thinking 24 to life!

#3535 5 years ago

recap:

Screen Shot 2018-04-25 at 7.58.57 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-04-25 at 7.58.57 AM (resized).png

#3536 5 years ago

I think we can for the most part all agree that MET is a fantastic game and that the majority of players are really going to like it. Seems the same is going to be true for IM as well. As for Whysnow's reviews, yes they are completely biased, but we all are a little biased no matter how unbiased we try to be. It's not any different then the B/W guys that rate every new game as terrible or the stern guys that hate on JJP or the JJP guys that say every stern is built out of saw dust and the smallest amount of glue possible. It always amazes me just how negative pinside can be.

#3537 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I still don’t get it, the cab art is listed as “Battlefield art” but it has an airplane on it?

Battlefield is one of the realms in legacy of the Beast. Don't think of it as a battlefield, it is the realm balltefield, a WWII themed realm created by one of the soul shards. A spitfire fits with battlefield (the realm).

#3538 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I think we can for the most part all agree that MET is a fantastic game and that the majority of players are really going to like it. Seems the same is going to be true for IM as well. As for Whysnow's reviews, yes they are completely biased, but we all are a little biased no matter how unbiased we try to be. It's not any different then the B/W guys that rate every new game as terrible or the stern guys that hate on JJP or the JJP guys that say every stern is built out of saw dust and the smallest amount of glue possible. It always amazes me just how negative pinside can be.

It blows my mind that people actually take time out of their day to defend those outrageously obvious biases too. Sure be bias, but to come around and beat this drum of stupidity over and over again is so weird and trollish.

Cannot wait for some LE action today!

#3539 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

No whysnow for 5 days

Proudly sponsored by Deep Root.

#3540 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It blows my mind that people actually take time out of their day to defend those outrageously obvious biases too. Sure be bias, but to come around and beat this drum of stupidity over and over again is so weird and trollish.
Cannot wait for some LE action today!

WFT are you talking about? My point is that there are hundreds of accounts with idiotic nonsense reviews. Half of pinside believes whatever game they own at that moment is a 10 based on their reviews. His are no different.

#3541 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

WFT are you talking about? My point is that there are hundreds of accounts with idiotic nonsense reviews. Half of pinside believes whatever game they own at that moment is a 10 based on their reviews. His are no different.

Agreed. But he’s the only one that actually jumps into threads and tries to defend them as actual reviews. They aren’t. They are troll reviews. It’s fine if people are making those reviews, the ranking don’t matter. Just annoying when those people jump into threads that have nothing to do with those reviews and they try and defend them. Just make your crappy reviews and let that be it. (I’m not talking about you in anyway btw, I’m talking about Hilton)

#3542 5 years ago

This LE is going to put the Bat66 Super LE to shame. The bar has been raised.

There's even going to be a few surprises not on the published matrix list .

#3543 5 years ago

Whens the LE due to be revealed?

#3544 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Agreed. But he’s the only one that actually jumps into threads and tries to defend them as actual reviews. They aren’t. They are troll reviews. It’s fine if people are making those reviews, the ranking don’t matter. Just annoying when those people jump into threads that have nothing to do with those reviews and they try and defend them. Just make your crappy reviews and let that be it. (I’m not talking about you in anyway btw, I’m talking about Hilton)

I agree, but to be fair someone called out his review and posted a screen shot of it trying to stir the pot just so they could watch this happen.

I also agree that we need to see this damn LE so we have something better to do then talk about Whysnow

Quoted from mnpinball:

Lets see this thing!!!!!!!

#3545 5 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Whens the LE due to be revealed?

This morning apparently. Or last night for you. Not sure on the time change. Haha

#3546 5 years ago

I think some fortunate rich guys don’t have a pinball to play because they are waiting for their $10000 game they put a deposit down on last year, so while they wait they get off on going on Pinside to belittle games and owners of games that cost half the price to try to justify their own purchase decision.

So now bring on the game that costs “only” $8900 and will be delivered next week! Lol

#3547 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Have you seen the le or premium? Today is the day for everyone to see them? Sounds like le's are shipping soon.

#3548 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I agree, but to be fair someone called out his review and posted a screen shot of it trying to stir the pot just so they could watch this happen.

Oh that’s my bad then. I have lots of people on ignore and had to deduce what the hell was happening from the responders to those posts.

Sorry again.

#3549 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This morning apparently. Or last night for you. Not sure on the time change. Haha

Yeah its 1045pm here... So I guess sometime in the next 5 hours maybe?

#3550 5 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Yeah its 1045pm here... So I guess sometime in the next 5 hours maybe?

Sounds like it yeah.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Trade
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.