20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 144.
#3451 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Also, what's up with the game callout "Die with your balls gone!" on the Pro? I was like, "What?"!

I dont have the game yet but sounds like its a play off their song "Die with your boots on"

#3452 6 years ago

I read a cool story about the songwriters in a band not finishing the lyrics until they sat in the studio and read the lyrics to the drummer just loud enough so he could barely hear them, then had him repeat what he just heard. More often than not the words that came back were better (or funnier) than what they had written.

#3453 6 years ago

On one hand there is one company that has shown a product and has removed some features for robust issues and is being crucified. Yet the toys are still there, albeit the mechanical features are changed. Only non refundable deposits are collected and all will be fine.

Another company shown a product with infant code and people are second guessing that game even though it's got a few months to cook yet and all will be fine.

Stern not showing an LE top tier model and games are getting ready to ship but no one has seen it, but yet distributors are requesting payment in full before the reveal because they are shipping in a week and the check needs to be sent to Stern headquarters and all will be fine.

Just my opinion but the latter of the three is a little wonky to me.

I don't know if anyone else sees what's going on here but Stern is turning the tide and trying to make an impression of revealing a game and delivering a game within a short time frame. Either they are trying to make an impression to the good after the GOTG fiasco or trying to one-up the competition that's their deal.

I was told by 2 distributors that pics were today by this evening, or tomorrow morning at the latest. I imagine the press release goes out very soon.

Personally don't give 2 shits. Iron Maiden is a hit, Keith, Zombieyeti/programmers and team made one helluva kick ass game. It's certified fresh and will sell tons. Awaiting my LE (patiently).

While I wait I'm having a few beers.

IMG_6393 (resized).JPGIMG_6393 (resized).JPG
IMG_0068 (resized).JPGIMG_0068 (resized).JPG

IMG_6914 (resized).JPGIMG_6914 (resized).JPG

#3454 6 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

I dont have the game yet but sounds like its a play off their song "Die with your boots on"

Yeah, I got that, but it seemed like A> A stretch and B> A weird thing to say.

#3455 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

...Awaiting my LE (patiently)...

Have you seen one?

#3456 6 years ago

E96048BF-3E91-49DF-B005-7BFD414D02FF (resized).jpegE96048BF-3E91-49DF-B005-7BFD414D02FF (resized).jpeg

#3457 6 years ago

No, only described the art.

Big spitfire Aces High Eddie on the side cab laced with lots of Trooper panache.

IMG_6915 (resized).PNGIMG_6915 (resized).PNG

#3458 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Big spitfire Aces High Eddie on the side cab laced with lots of Trooper panache.

Then being a fan of the band the Pro has better art to me. Ugh, not to mention the green with red armor. Number of the beast styling on the LE was so a no brainer just like Puppets was to Met.

#3459 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Gotcha. I hope they don't copy that propeller though. That one looks like it's not moving, yet the plane is somehow flying. Stupid looking. And where are the guns and bombs? Eddie's supposed to look menacing. Oh boy, hoping Stern doesn't f this up.

#3460 6 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Then being a fan of the band the Pro has better art to me. Ugh

If true, should have been Number of the Beast. We’ll find out soon enough.

#3461 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Based on that criteria, the dual diverters count since they double the number of available ball paths. I wish you'd just admit you're biased.

sorry but up-posts are not an interactive toy. Possibly if I had an extra set of flipper buttons to control them then i could construe that as player interaction, but as implemented, nope.

To be a toy, I think the player needs to be able to actually interact with it in some sort of more complex way to do something cool (most often to make a cool effect and start a multiball. Examples are typically bash toys, hammer lock, moving ghosts, etc...

To me a 3 drop mech that provides direct player interaciton and decision around multiball falls into that category. 2 up posts dont.

side note: we are all biased... it is called opinions on a stupid interweb forum afterall...

#3462 6 years ago

I’m told K man’s current podcast reveals “accurate info” on when the LE will be revealed!

You can check it out at SoundCloud now!

#3463 6 years ago

They just could have picked an Eddie to centralize on each one, Pro got Trooper, Premium Powerslave style so Egyptian Eddie, and Le should get Number of the Beast Eddie, not a giant Spitfire.

#3464 6 years ago

Oh Jeebus, please let it be this
maxresdefault (3) (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (3) (resized).jpg
and not that.

#3465 6 years ago

I so want the premium translite to be this:

eddie-2 (resized).jpgeddie-2 (resized).jpg

#3466 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

I so want the premium translite to be this:

Premium art sounds like the winner here.

#3467 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’m told K man’s current podcast reveals “accurate info” on when the LE will be revealed!
You can check it out at sonic cloud now!

Just tell us the answer and save us the drama.

#3468 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

You know I don’t listen to podcasts. I have no idea. Go check it out yourself!

#3469 6 years ago

Tomorrow morning.. finally!!! LOL

#3470 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

and NOT that.

And that would be MUCH better. Not my first choice but at least better.

#3471 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You can check it out at SoundCloud now!

[Comment removed]

#3472 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I wish you'd just admit you're biased.

Honestly, I don’t think he has any credibility left at this point.

#3473 6 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

They just could have picked an Eddie to centralize on each one, Pro got Trooper, Premium Powerslave style so Egyptian Eddie, and Le should get Number of the Beast Eddie,

Man, a number of the beast puppeteer Eddie would look incredible with the red armor!

#3474 6 years ago
Quoted from wyopin:

Man, a number of the beast puppeteer eddy would look incredible with the red armor!

Obvious to anyone that is a fan but somehow we get a green spitfire from rumors.

#3475 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I've never heard of this guy K'Man but listened and he said tomorrow early AM for the reveal. Only other tidbits were it will be the airplane on the cab and the JBL speakers will have the red ring like Batman 66 LE... Ohh and he is flipping an LE...

Thing I thought was interesting is he said he was banned and not allowed on Pinside... LOL

#3476 6 years ago
Quoted from LoveNeverDiesGuy:

Levi, What does K man’s d**k taste like?

Bubba's tongue, inconsistent opinions, and the hilarious fact that he tells people they are losers for being into pinball when he has pushed out 4 and a half hours of podcasts 6 out of the last 7 days.
Love it.

#3477 6 years ago

I’m still holding out hope we are being trolled on the spitfire LE

#3478 6 years ago

you win the internet! game over man, game over!!!!

LOFL

#3479 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I rated it very fairly and to be honest, nayone rating a few categories high for IRMN deserves to read the descriptions and start over...
'TOYS AND GIMMICKS
Then think of the gimmicks. Every good game should have at least one 'cool feature' that makes you want to play it!'
No toys in the Pro model at all...
Not sure how anyone can give this a 6 stars for this category without a single toy in the game, just sayin...

So you rate WOOLY as a 10 out of 10 game. And the toys you rate as perfect are (quoted from your review):

“Toys: The toys on this table are really all about the player interaction with the game. 6, that is right, SIX flippers that all have a variety of shots and are needed to be successful in the game. No wasted flippers here and everything feels smooth. Main "toy" would be the hades pop up which as this point is used for some hurry ups and seldom seen and challenging to hit in the time allowed. Yet another challenge that I look forward to exploring more.”

So flippers are in fact a toy to you. And those along with one seldom used pop up makes it a perfect game.

Quoted from Whysnow:

sorry but up-posts are not an interactive toy. Possibly if I had an extra set of flipper buttons to control them then i could construe that as player interaction, but as implemented, nope.
To be a toy, I think the player needs to be able to actually interact with it in some sort of more complex way to do something cool (most often to make a cool effect and start a multiball. Examples are typically bash toys, hammer lock, moving ghosts, etc...
To me a 3 drop mech that provides direct player interaciton and decision around multiball falls into that category. 2 up posts dont.
side note: we are all biased... it is called opinions on a stupid interweb forum afterall...

And you rate Lord of the Rings overall as 4.375 with a ring that catches the ball and throws it, and a Balrog bash toy that moves and reacts to hits.

And you rate Metallica LE overall as 1.21 and the worst game you have ever reviewed. And its toys include a Hammer that knocks a ball into a under PF coffin and then subway system, a bash toy that gets electrocuted, in line drops leading to a mechanized cross, and animated spitting snake toy, and 2 magnets.

So WOOLYs toys are exponentially better than MET LE such that it gets an overall perfect rating but METs toys are garbage?

Sounds reasonable to me. No bias at all.

#3480 6 years ago

IMDN has some much incredible art to choose from and the band had to approve it, I just can’t imagine it being MEH on the LE.

#3481 6 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

So you rate WOOLY as a 10 out of 10 game. And the toys you rate as perfect are (quoted from your review):
“Toys: The toys on this table are really all about the player interaction with the game. 6, that is right, SIX flippers that all have a variety of shots and are needed to be successful in the game. No wasted flippers here and everything feels smooth. Main "toy" would be the hades pop up which as this point is used for some hurry ups and seldom seen and challenging to hit in the time allowed. Yet another challenge that I look forward to exploring more.”
So flippers are in fact a toy to you. And those along with one seldom used pop up makes it a perfect game.

And you rate Lord of the Rings overall as 4.375 with a ring that catches the ball and throws it, and a Balrog bash toy that moves and reacts to hits.
And you rate Metallica LE overall as 1.21 and the worst game you have ever reviewed. And its toys include a Hammer that knocks a ball into a under PF coffin and then subway system, a bash toy that gets electrocuted, in line drops leading to a mechanized cross, and animated spitting snake toy, and 2 magnets.
So WOOLYs toys are exponentially better than MET LE such that it gets an overall perfect rating but METs toys are garbage?
Sounds reasonable to me. No bias at all.

54EB91F3-3B08-468B-88E3-948EBED68FBC (resized).jpeg54EB91F3-3B08-468B-88E3-948EBED68FBC (resized).jpeg

#3482 6 years ago

LE backglass has the Panzer tank with The Trooper on the right added in the battle scene. (What I'm told, I've not seen it)

IMG_6916 (resized).JPGIMG_6916 (resized).JPG

#3483 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Thing I thought was interesting is he said he was banned and not allowed on Pinside... LOL

Well he mentions it 10 times every episode so prepare to be very interested.

Guys please stop; he's trolling you. I've said it before he likes to be a contrarian and go against the grain and that's fine.
Opinions are just that, everyone can like diff'rent things.

#3484 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I rated it very fairly and to be honest, nayone rating a few categories high for IRMN deserves to read the descriptions and start over...

Also, based on your criteria, please enlighten us on the amazing toys on Andromeda, a game you rated 9.9.

All I’m doing is quoting you.

You can be a Stern hater if you want. But don’t pretend to be balanced, reasonable or fair.

#3485 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

and not that.

Omg please "Aces High", had that poster as a kid.

I have decided if they put eddie taking a poop on the side of the LE I am still in. Just please not on the translite.

#3486 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

LE backglass has the Panzer tank scene like the Album similar to the album A Matter of Life and Death with The Trooper on the right added in the battle scene. (What I'm told, I've not seen it)

44d715a935a3cc9113b652712ece7f61 (resized).jpg44d715a935a3cc9113b652712ece7f61 (resized).jpg

#3487 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

LE backglass has the Panzer tank scene like the Album similar to the album A Matter of Life and Death with The Trooper on the right added in the battle scene. (What I'm told, I've not seen it)

I dig it.

Not sure how the Trooper fits in though, being a different color and from a different time period.

#3488 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Well if this is the case,
a couple more songs are warranted !

I'd be down for that

This track is appropriate for the current sentiment !

And by the way I reckon it's crap the distros want payment sight unseen
Dirty Pool who ever is call the shots on that BS.

Ironic call on this as today is a very important day for Australia and New Zealand

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/on-the-tele/anzac-day-nsw-2018-live-coverage/news-story/6afa51c02a1643037d8b5f4ce677595c

#3489 6 years ago

aces high (resized).jpgaces high (resized).jpg

#3490 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I hope it is better than this plane .

#3491 6 years ago

I still don’t get it, the cab art is listed as “Battlefield art” but it has an airplane on it? And why would they choose an obscure (to me) album cover like a matter of life and death for their flagship game?

#3492 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I still don’t get it the cab art is listed as “Battlefield art” but it has an airplane on it? And why would they choose an obscure (to me) album cover like a matter of life and death for their flagship game?

I’m hoping we’re just being trolled. Red armor with this rumored art??? Holding out hope for Number if the Beast!!!!

#3493 6 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

I’m hoping we’re just being trolled. Red armor with this rumored art??? Holding out hope for Number if the Beast!!!!

That would be cool, but it does say battlefield art in the official description for the LE. Either way, I highly doubt it will look anything but bad ass. However, it really should have been the number of the beast with red armor. I wouldn't get any better than that. If they were to go with tanks and spitfires, the armor needed to be dark green.

#3494 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I still don’t get, it the cab art is listed as “Battlefield art” but it has an airplane on it? And why would they choose an obscure (to me) album cover like a matter of life and death for their flagship game?

I’m not buying that either.

#3495 6 years ago

Put a few games on Maiden Pro at the 1Up Lodo today. Some first impressions for the bored:

It seems fast and fun, love the four flippers, lots to shoot for, great ramp looping, and excellent call outs: “Welcome to my world ... under glass” (Aurich I hold you responsible for that one!) Playfield art and sound is great, from a guy that neither knows nor cares for Iron Maiden the band.

Don’t like the translite much, I’m sure there will be aftermarket options. The LCD animation is spotty, some pretty decent, some amazingly bad (“dumpy guy with beard being stalked through the woods at night” mode?).

Overall I’m looking forward to playing more and figuring out some rudimentary strategies. But so far so good!

#3496 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

LE backglass has the Panzer tank scene like the Album similar to the album A Matter of Life and Death

They included no songs from that album or even 10+ years before it. Why would that be on there?

I think we're being trolled a little, too. The airplane art came from somewhere. Yeti wouldn't waste time doing it for nothing. Green and red only go together at Xmas and IMLOTB is about as far from Xmas as you can get.

Guess we'll find out tomorrow AM.

#3497 6 years ago

Game sounds amazing, but if The LE isn't something immediately recognizable as Maiden, that will be a major fail.

#3498 6 years ago

Must stay strong !

Not long now,

Inspirational art and not a bad cover/track.

ZY will blow us away with some amazing work !

do 2 (resized).jpgdo 2 (resized).jpg

#3499 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Ok, now it's the first time I am worried about the LE.

#3500 6 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Ok, now it's the first time I am worried about the LE.

Don't be worried, it's Pinside. This place and its many posters will drive you nuts with their speculation and it almost always turns out they are wrong.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.50
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/70 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.