20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 144.
#3251 5 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

.... and here we go again with the early buyers claiming their game is the best ever....IMDN debuts at number one on pinside...
....maybe it is, I haven't tried it yet, but then again I don't rate games after a few plays...

Of course it’s ridiculous. It’s now #2 with 29 ratings! I think you are missing the point. This is where pinheads are allowed to be excited about a great new game.

#3253 5 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

.... and here we go again with the early buyers claiming their game is the best ever....IMDN debuts at number one on pinside...
....maybe it is, I haven't tried it yet, but then again I don't rate games after a few plays...

Make no mistake about it, this game is Bad Ass! The hype is real, and this game is the real deal and then some.

#3254 5 years ago

It's time for some suprise summer concerts from Iron Maiden.

It would nice to be seeing them soon with all this hype.

#3255 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Make no mistake about it, this game is Bad Ass! The hype is real, and this game is the real deal and then some.

Yep. I have over 100 games in on my Pro and agree. It's hard to believe that there's even a better version of it coming out (Prem and LE) that no one has even seen or played yet. It might just break the Pinside ratings scale

#3256 5 years ago

Let's see...

1. New, unique layout that isn't STERN's typical copy/paste. Check.
2. Nearly complete code at launch that is well balanced, low level of bugs, addictive, and really fun. Check.
3. Amazing art package. Check.
4. Great call outs and other sounds. Check.
5. Service rails standard on a pro. Check.
6. It's only been about a week, but no obvious breakage areas (i.e. GOTG orb plastic, SW Tie Fighter, XM wolverine, etc.) or major design flaws. Check.

Yeah, I can't understand why people are excited about this game either... must be an awful game if the main things pinside is bitching about is the FONTS used in the display and the band itself.

I'm going to hold my pinside review until I play the heck out of a premium/LE, but I can tell you the rating is going to be up there.

#3257 5 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

...and here we go again, people who haven’t played it criticizing those who have

Listen, I have 100+ games on mine. I don’t typically rate a game I own this early but it’s the real deal and I could care less if people want to hate it without playing, but I’m giving credit where credit is due.

Ratings are all subjective and opinion based and each machine will click with some and not with others. So go find one and play and see for yourself if this game is for you or not. But There’s only one pin in my mind that has a chance at being better than IMDN-PRO, and that’s the prem/LE hahaha.

#3258 5 years ago

Played some more yesterday and was able to get through more of the game. Absolutely love it.

No idea if this helped or hurt me, but I was all about starting multiball, then letting the balls drain so I could get the autofire to feed the upper loop and seeing how many loops I could get going during the ball save of multiball.

Would be cool to see how many balls you could get going around the loop at once. Haha

#3259 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Played some more yesterday and was able to get through more of the game. Absolutely love it.
No idea if this helped or hurt me, but I was all about starting multiball, then letting the balls drain so I could get the autofire to feed the upper loop and seeing how many loops I could get going during the ball save of multiball.
Would be cool to see how many balls you could get going around the loop at once. Haha

Wait were you trying to Baratheon this thing up haha

I’ve gotten 2 balls going but it doesn’t last long, that loop is wicked fast!!

#3260 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Wait were you trying to Baratheon this thing up haha

You know it!!

#3261 5 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

I agree that this skews the top 100. MB will be #1 when the remake comes out. ToM will be in the top 5 when it happens for that title. Look at the aerosmith reviews. Each person that "currently owns this game" rates it above 9. That game is a fan layout, a kiss remake, and it's top 20. To be fair, I've done similar with DILE...

#3262 5 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

How does one see the latest stats ?

Top 100 shows 16 approved ratings, but if you run a custom 100 for last 6 months, it shows 30. Back at the top again. It will be fun to see how it is received as it gets out there the next 6 months. I don't care what they say, this is an exact science...

#3263 5 years ago

And it is still ridiculous...star wars was #1 briefly

#3264 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

The Elwins had the Archer prototype in an advanced playable state, complete with rules, code and working mechs long before Stern entered the picture. I gave Stern due credit in my statement you quoted, my point is that this game was not designed using the “Stern method” at all but rather was a personal passion project.

Quoted from jwilson:

It's not running P-ROC, so all the code work wasn't transferable. The working mechs would need to be re-engineered for production use. And so on.
Only on Pinside would I get downvoted for trying to give the team their due.

You can't compare a playable whitewood prototype to a production machine, other than showing a bit of history.
And until you've built your 1st pinball game you don't realize how much work is involved.
I would say the "Stern method" is taking any game concept and converting that into a reliable cost effective mass-produced machine to enjoyed by thousands of pin-heads.

#3265 5 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

This time the rating might be warranted. This is the best new pin I've played in years, it really is that good. And, I'm not a Maiden fan...

#3266 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I'm thinking/hoping they were only able to get the modelling done before they shipped the pro, and texturing will likely be added with future updates. Stern is the worst offender, by far, for shipping an incomplete product, so we must work with assumptions until they officially abandon the pin. Luckily, we have Keith's rules and design.

Seems like the animations are of varying quality too though, with that flying bat being the worst offender. The whole bat sequence is really atrocious. I'm hoping that they've just shipped an early version, and that they can fix up the 3d. It'd be a damn shame if these assets remain an eyesore in what sounds like it might be Stern's best game to date.

#3267 5 years ago
Quoted from Raincity:

Seems like the animations are of varying quality too though, with that flying bat being the worst offender. The whole bat sequence is really atrocious. I'm hoping that they've just shipped an early version, and that they can fix up the 3d. It'd be a damn shame if these assets remain an eyesore in what sounds like it might be Stern's best game to date.

I think the display is perfect for Pinball. It’s simple and legible. It’s not a video game we’re playing, it’s pinball. That said; yes there is room for improvement but glad it displays info I can see and read quickly while playing....almost like a dmd but better.

#3268 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think the display is perfect for Pinball. It’s simple and legible. It’s not a video game we’re playing, it’s pinball. That said; yes there is room for improvement but glad it displays info I can see and read quickly while playing....almost like a dmd but better.

Dialed in displays all the useful information you need, but the animations look like Pixar made them. Stern should up their game if a recent startup can produce such magnificent visuals. Yes, information should be readily accessible, but it doesn't have to look like a c-grade college student made the animations.

#3269 5 years ago

I guess the LE/prem reveal is tomorrow.

#3270 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Source? Not insinuating an untruth, but confirmation would make a lot of pinsiders happy!

#3271 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

...and here we go again, people who haven’t played it criticizing those who have
Listen, I have 100+ games on mine. I don’t typically rate a game I own this early but it’s the real deal and I could care less if people want to hate it without playing, but I’m giving credit where credit is due.
Ratings are all subjective and opinion based and each machine will click with some and not with others. So go find one and play and see for yourself if this game is for you or not. But There’s only one pin in my mind that has a chance at being better than IMDN-PRO, and that’s the prem/LE hahaha.

I'll be at Allentown to try it out.
I hope it's as good as you say it is because I like my music pins.

#3272 5 years ago

I’m not a big fan of all of the display/animations, but I love the aces high and hallowed be thy name ones. I also really like how they always display how many more pops, ramps, spinners, targets, and orbits you need...that’s so handy.

#3273 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Source? Not insinuating an untruth, but confirmation would make a lot of pinsiders happy!

Just trust him.

Quoted from wyopin:

I’m not a big fan of all of the display/animations, but I love the aces high and hallowed be thy name ones. I also really like how they always display how many more pops, ramps, spinners, targets, and orbits you need...that’s so handy.

I love the ancient mariner mode’s animations too.

#3274 5 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

I'll be at Allentown to try it out.
I hope it's as good as you say it is because I like my music pins.

It is, Imo it is the best music pin (maybe not by a lot, as both acdc and Metallica are great, and Guns/Roses is very cool) on top of being the best new pin Stern has made in the last few years. If I liked Maiden, I'd like it even more!

#3275 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Dialed in displays all the useful information you need, but the animations look like Pixar made them. Stern should up their game if a recent startup can produce such magnificent visuals. Yes, information should be readily accessible, but it doesn't have to look like a c-grade college student made the animations.

Or they should stick with 2d motion graphics and video for their displays. The vector art used in IMDN looks great, and they could have commissioned 2d assets from ZombieYeti that would have matched the rest of the art package really nicely. There's no need to make terrible 3d models and animate them badly. Again - some of the pieces aren't that bad, but they all look a little low rent relative to modern 3d.

#3276 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Hope you're right!

#3277 5 years ago
Quoted from Raincity:

Its not a bat, it is eddie aka icarus dont be ignorant!

#3278 5 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Hope you're right!

I was told the Prem/LE reveal is tomorrow as well.

#3279 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

12:01AM......

#3280 5 years ago

no, 11:58PM.....

#3281 5 years ago

Went down to acey gogi in van nuys today. Put 10 straight games with music full blast. I think it’s a bit early to declare the GOAT, however this is a special game. The left ramp isn’t as bad as it looks. Hit it many many times. Music is top notch and sounds really pull you in. By far the best pin in last 2 years. It has that one more game feel to it. The shots are intuitive and art was great. It’s 5x better then any new music pin out there. And 100x better then street fighter 2.

#3282 5 years ago

I have an LE on order, can't wait!

The operator that I work for has a pro on location. There has been a line to play since we dropped it off last Wednesday. Friday our Newton ball fell apart. The post came out of the ball and the newton ball and ball behind it went in to the ball trough. Location called saying the game was kicking out 3 balls at a time.

I had a newton ball from Pinball Life, but the shaft was a smaller diameter. I heated the ball up to red hot and then re inserted the shaft along with some JB weld. Has been playing since Sunday afternoon. No call yet.

I was playing Sat and the software got really confused. The song select menu stayed on screen while in game mode. Everytime I flipped the song changed and it would not start a mode. Turned it off then on and game has been functioning normally. .92 software.

#3283 5 years ago
Quoted from dangerwil:

I have an LE on order, can't wait!
The operator that I work for has a pro on location. There has been a line to play since we dropped it off last Wednesday. Friday our Newton ball fell apart. The post came out of the ball and the newton ball and ball behind it went in to the ball trough. Location called saying the game was kicking out 3 balls at a time.
I had a newton ball from Pinball Life, but the shaft was a smaller diameter. I heated the ball up to red hot and then re inserted the shaft along with some JB weld. Has been playing since Sunday afternoon. No call yet.
I was playing Sat and the software got really confused. The song select menu stayed on screen while in game mode. Everytime I flipped the song changed and it would not start a mode. Turned it off then on and game has been functioning normally. .92 software.

Weird. Thanks for the updates of what to look out for.

Hope it makes money and hope your LE is fantastic!

#3284 5 years ago

how i said few pages behind, my only "complain", watching live stream, was that the action seems only to be at the upper center, as quite evbd was shooting there... nothing right side (as simply there's nothing under the right lane, pity to not have put a "sneak in" scoop behind the right upper flipper, to add another shot)... and about left side, spinner, target power, or bumpers seems to not really been aimed !?

what now as lots of you have & play this game ?
just a ask...

#3285 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

how i said few pages behind, my only "complain", watching live stream, was that the action seems only to be at the upper center, as quite evbd was shooting there... nothing right side...

Quick impressions
I thought that when watching the stream as well, but in real life it didn't bother me much. The drop targets are pretty far over to the right, so I never felt like I was ignoring that area of the PF. The upper left flipper has 2 shots that are also pretty on the right so that may make up for it.

The left ramp/bumper cluster has more happening than you'd think. It has a PF multiplier target there plus the spinner and things to aim for (lit shots, revive, power spinners), another target right in front of it with extra ball/orb, plus the ramp which isn't hard to hit BTW.

Overall the middle of the game has more focus on it, but it seems like a big area for it's size. Still don't know what everything does but I'm getting there.

#3286 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

how i said few pages behind, my only "complain", watching live stream, was that the action seems only to be at the upper center, as quite evbd was shooting there... nothing right side (as simply there's nothing under the right lane, pity to not have put a "sneak in" scoop behind the right upper flipper, to add another shot)... and about left side, spinner, target power, or bumpers seems to not really been aimed !?
just a ask...

Left spinner: I shoot for this when I want/need the X target for multiplier. Also great for the revive feature; double outlane save is huge on this game. Lastly, and this doesn’t come into play until you start learning rules and strategies; but that spinner is also used to cycle through your battle modes.

Pops and Ramps: you better believe you’re gonna want to be hitting these if you want cyborg mb. Ramps is probably the hardest power feature to qualify for cyborg mb. Power pops is great to go for if you want to stack it with another power feature for a multiplier power jp.

Target power/orb mystery: such a sweet target. Hard to hit but also hard to accidentally hit. You’ll find yourself aiming for this when you want add a ball in aces high or ROTAM; also, you’ll find this target gets a lot of use in cyborg multiball.

Loops: well, this is fun risk vs reward. Still having a hard time seeing what my loop jackpot values are because the game is so wicked fast. But there’s a high score table for everything and I meant everything! So when your blasting loops with an2X or 3X multiplier and get 60 loops HS or a 200 mil loop HS at the end of your game, you know you did something cool.

#3287 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

just a ask...

The modes do a good job of making you shoot the entire playfield. In "Rime" you start off the mode having to shoot all the left side shots. In "Icarus" you have to combo the ramps. The power features also make it so that you have to shoot ramps and orbits. You have to shoot for ramp combos a lot in single ball play if you want to make Cyborg multiball.

At the beginning of the ball (when ball save is on) I also try to go for that lower left spinner as much as I can to try and light "revive" and also to toggle the modes.

#3288 5 years ago

Just got an email from my distributor asking for the remaining payment for my LE. They said LEs have gone into production and should ship in 7-10 days

Anyone else get a similar notification?

#3289 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Just got an email from my distributor asking for the remaining payment for my LE. They said LEs have gone into production and should ship in 7-10 days

Crazy considering they havent showed them yet... screw that. Paying for a pin u haven't even seen lmao..

#3290 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Who's your distributor and yeah I agree that's a joke full payment for a pin you haven't even seen yet????
If I don't like the LE I will downgrade to a Premium or maybe even a Pro depending on what they look like.

#3291 5 years ago

I would sit on that email until tomorrow since it seems more and more likely the LE will be revealed then.

#3292 5 years ago

Banks are closed so no need to blindly send money. Payment request definitely gives some weight to tomorrow's reveal!

#3293 5 years ago

I think I speak for many when I say
SHOW us the GOODS already!!!!

4D958B99-D51E-4742-9AA1-088AE10421F5 (resized).jpeg4D958B99-D51E-4742-9AA1-088AE10421F5 (resized).jpeg

#3294 5 years ago

The distributors who actually have LE's are driving the ship on this one due to incredible demand. I'll bet there won't be much lag time between payment request and sell to the next guy on the list...

#3295 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Yes, I did. Said will be ready to ship within 5 days.

#3297 5 years ago
Quoted from dangerwil:

The software still has glitches, that's for sure. Sometimes it will drain and the game will not know it has drained for a LONG time. I've opened the coin door mid-game to make sure the trough switches were all triggered and they were, so it's definitely software.

#3298 5 years ago

Finally got to play IMDN today... loved it!
For anyone in my area Level Up has IMDN and a few other “Tables”

9A0EC7C4-55DB-4D71-ADF6-3E71E678EF17 (resized).jpeg9A0EC7C4-55DB-4D71-ADF6-3E71E678EF17 (resized).jpeg

0D8F1F39-DD57-4D32-9C93-9F01371405C6 (resized).jpeg0D8F1F39-DD57-4D32-9C93-9F01371405C6 (resized).jpeg

#3299 5 years ago

Got my payment request for LE as well... it’s happening!!!

#3300 5 years ago

It's Christmas Eve ladies and gents!!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/66?hl=buju and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.