20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 144.
#3151 5 years ago

I had asked if anyone has Updated code yet... I did and it was easy. Stern had a different type file for this game update - but no worries. Update installed fine.

Edited my earlier post - See post #3102 for upgraded code summary.

#3152 5 years ago

All this love for Stern on this game.

They were smart and lucky to get Keith Elwin’s incredible game design and merge it with such a fantastic artist as Yeti and the Iron Maiden theme, but let’s not pretend that this was at all the result of their usual process. This game really benefited from Keith and his brother’s efforts over several years before Stern entered the picture, far more development time than any internally developed game would get.

Sometimes the stars do align and greatness is achieved, certainly nice to see that new blood in design and coding can bring excitement and innovation back to Stern’s games.

I’m even okay with Stern “sacrificing” themes I don’t care about (uninspired Disney/Marvel/Star Wars crap) with rushed development cycles to pad their production line when needed if they can go all-in to produce one grand slam every so often.

Having a large hit like this (and AC/DC, Met, GB) acts a tent-pole for their production line and should take some of the time pressure off of the next games in the queue, hopefully resulting in better, more complete games to launch in the future.

#3153 5 years ago

Can’t put into words how killer this game is; will elaborate in the big review that will be coming but for now I will just say this KEITH ELWIN is pure genius and gave us the best original design of the past two decades

#3154 5 years ago

Enjoyed playing it at MGC, looking forward to playing in an environment where I can hear the audio

This game does a lot with very little. Props should also be given to whoever at Stern helped Keith transform this into a Stern game (Gomez?)

#3155 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Can’t put into words how killer this game is; will elaborate in the big review that will be coming but for now I will just say this KEITH ELWIN is pure genius and gave us the best original design of the past two decades

100%

#3156 5 years ago

Is there any video out there of code .92?

#3157 5 years ago

Has there really been no talk of Iron Maiden in this thread for over 8 hours? Am i in the twilight zone or something? Is this real?

#3158 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Has there really been no talk of Iron Maiden in this thread for over 8 hours? Am i in the twilight zone or something? Is this real?

Sorry, I was busy playing it at ZapCon here in Phoenix. Can’t wait for the Premium/LE reveal!

#3159 5 years ago

Got my first fix today and I was very satisfied with the whole package it had to offer. The music was perfect, the artwork was awesome, and the game play was just super fun. I really can’t wait to get this in my game room. The next few weeks are going to be a long wait for me.

#3160 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Where's the prem/Le pics

#3161 5 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Where's the prem/Le pics

I don't know but i really would like to see them. I kind of thought that we would see them by now didn't you? Its gotta be soon i would think.

#3162 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I don't know but i really would like to see them. I kind of thought that we would see them by now didn't you? Its gotta be soon i would think.

If Stern started manufacturing LEs now (as a dist said), they must have had whatever approval they were waiting for signed off on. So, maybe something to show next week?

#3163 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ya i just c'ant wait to see what i have put a 1000$ deposit for insane , i never did that but when i saw the Pro and the gameplay/rules i had to go for it and i just know in my gut its gonna rock
With all those little things they added on the LE's that wil save me the time to add all those stuff ( anti reflection glass , shoter rod, shaker , side art ...

I try to let this go but i keep coming to pinside every 2 hours to read Maiden's post. I'm like a kid in a candy store lolllll

AT3969-001 (resized).jpgAT3969-001 (resized).jpg

#3164 5 years ago

Starting to think screw it and upgrade my order to a premium..... unseen. Which is something i never do.

#3165 5 years ago

Did Stern change theyre Silver balls ?
I always buy new ones from Marco cause lots of people told me Stern balls was not good ones

Thanks

#3166 5 years ago

I always buy new ones from Marco cause lots of people told me Stern balls was not good ones
Thanks

Used to change mine out as the Stern ones were crap but haven’t had to do that for awhile now.

#3167 5 years ago

Thanks

Didn’t even look at the ones that came with my maiden. Still stapled in the bag

#3168 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Didn’t even look at the ones that came with my maiden. Still stapled in the bag

How many balls are in IMDN? Do you use the Marco balls?

#3169 5 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Maiden requires 6 balls.

Have the Stern balls really improved? I don't even take them out of the envelope, as cheap as Stern is I figured they were the same-ol same-ol. I keep a stock of polished pinballs on hand for any new games that come through my door.. Especially new Sterns.

#3170 5 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Maiden requires 6 balls.
Have the Stern balls really improved? I don't even take them out of the envelope, as cheap as Stern is I figured they were the same-ol same-ol. I keep a stock of polished pinballs on hand for any new games that come through my door.. Especially new Sterns.

I have used them when i got my Aerosmith and my Game of Thrones and they looked like any other pinballs to me and did just fine.

#3171 5 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

6. I buy the glossy balls from Pinball life. But I think they’re out of stock right now.

#3173 5 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Maiden requires 6 balls.

Nope, Stern balls are still crap. Replace them immediately.

#3174 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Nope, Stern balls are still crap. Replace them immediately.

Not true. Im not saying they are great but they're not crap either.

#3175 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

6. I buy the glossy balls from Pinball life. But I think they’re out of stock right now.

There still out and aren't getting any more any time soon apparently.
What balls are people using besides these and does anyone have any pinball life high gloss balls for sale?
I need 6 for my LE.
Does Maiden use magnets if not I guess I will just go with Silver Jets?

#3176 5 years ago
Quoted from redlines:

There still out and aren't getting any more any time soon apparently.
What balls are people using besides these and does anyone have any pinball life high gloss balls for sale?
I need 6 for my LE.
Does Maiden use magnets if not I guess I will just go with Silver Jets?

Ball Barron specializes in......Balls. Haven’t used them yet as I can’t get an answer as to whether he ships to Australia. Anyone got any experience playing with his balls?

https://ballbaron.com

#3177 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Ball Barron specializes in......Balls. Haven’t used them yet as I can’t get an answer as to whether he ships to Australia. Anyone got any experience playing with his balls?

They’re very nice.

#3178 5 years ago

BALL BARON is the man - received a shipment of 120 Ninja Chrome about 6 months ago have been in all my machines "The Best "
Way better than Bling Balls !!!!

#3179 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

RTBB stock them Dude!
I love the NINJA as I have no magnet games at present!

#3180 5 years ago

Yeah RTTB didn't start selling them until January2018 purchased mine in November 2017

#3181 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I also have not noticed any problems with my newer Stern balls. I have tossed them all in tumbler and they all look as good as new mirror polished balls. Tumble them often is the key to keeping them really nice.

#3182 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

I also have not noticed any problems with my newer Stern balls. I have tossed them all in tumbler and they all look as good as new mirror polished balls. Tumble them often is the key to keeping them really nice.

This is truth.

#3183 5 years ago

Same. I looked at those Ninja Pinballs and they are nice but I don't know that they look any better than what my tumbler produces. I use a bit of Flitz in my tumbler and love the results.

#3184 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

This game really benefited from Keith and his brother’s efforts over several years before Stern entered the picture, far more development time than any internally developed game would get.

To be fair to Stern, the only thing they brought was the layout, and even that was tweaked with the help of Gomez. So maybe they saved a month or so? Plus you're diminishing the incredible work of the programmers, the artists, the motion graphic people, the mechanical engineers... This is 100% a Stern game.

#3185 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

To be fair to Stern, the only thing they brought was the layout, and even that was tweaked with the help of Gomez. So maybe they saved a month or so? Plus you're diminishing the incredible work of the programmers, the artists, the motion graphic people, the mechanical engineers... This is 100% a Stern game.

The Elwins had the Archer prototype in an advanced playable state, complete with rules, code and working mechs long before Stern entered the picture. I gave Stern due credit in my statement you quoted, my point is that this game was not designed using the “Stern method” at all but rather was a personal passion project.

#3186 5 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

Same. I looked at those Ninja Pinballs and they are nice but I don't know that they look any better than what my tumbler produces. I use a bit of Flitz in my tumbler and love the results.

What kind of media are you using? Vibrating or rotary?

#3187 5 years ago

Anybody have a link to their preferred parts tumbler? Been meaning to grab one.

#3188 5 years ago

I am sorta speculating, but when I spoke with John Trudeau last year (before his career/life fell away from pinball) he highly hinted on being the lead designer on Iron Maiden. What I think happened was a simple "stars aligning" moment with Keith and Stern needed to stay on schedule with Iron Maiden and instead of completely starting from scratch, they offered Mr. Elwin the chance to re-skin his game to keep everything on the same timeline... win/win scenario for everyone!

#3189 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Sometimes they are. I’ve bought eight NIB Sterns over the years. Usually their balls are fine, but you occasionally get what look like test balls in your new Stern machine with dents or rust (happened to me twice). It’s not the end of the world, just replace them.

Man, I am going crazy wanting to see the premium IMDN. I am ready to order a pro...but really want to see the premium first. The premium ships in late May right?

#3190 5 years ago

I was thinking LE's shipping late May/early June. Then Premiums. I don't think this is on purpose really, but the hype with all this wait is nothing but a positive for Stern....I'd keep milking all this insanity if it were me.

#3191 5 years ago

I digress...

Children of the damned.

#3192 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I was thinking LE's shipping late May/early June. Then Premiums. I don't think this is on purpose really, but the hype with all this wait is nothing but a positive for Stern....I'd keep milking all this insanity if it were me.

don't encourage them! lol I'm dying over here waiting to see the updates and artwork haha

#3193 5 years ago

That was fast!...

9C016D76-2D86-44EE-8AB9-A63E5FABFC6B (resized).png9C016D76-2D86-44EE-8AB9-A63E5FABFC6B (resized).png

#3194 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I was told by the distributor I usually buy from that the premium will ship in 6 weeks when I reserved mine. That was one week ago.

#3195 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

KEITH ELWIN is pure genius and gave us the best original design of the past two decades

I just added KME to the Pinside design team database. Congrats to him for his first production game.

#3196 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Man, I am going crazy wanting to see the premium IMDN. I am ready to order a pro...but really want to see the premium first.

I'm usually a pro ho, but waiting for premium this time.

#3197 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I don't think Iron Maiden is any more of a "band" pin than Alice Cooper is. Iron Maiden doesn't feature any of the band members and doesn't focus at all on concerts or touring or playing songs on a jukebox or really anything related to music in general. Maiden is strictly focused on the Legacy of the Beast comic book and Eddie facing off against the Beast. Very similar to what's done in Metallica or Alice Cooper where the focus really isn't on the band at all.

Don't agree. Metallica is prominent and Legacy of the Beast is prominent with Iron Maiden lore (http://ironmaidenlegacy.com). As a fan of both pinball and Alice since the mid-70's, ACNC is a disappointment in terms of paying homage to Alice and his awesome stage show. I respect Spooky for trying something different, but from my perspective it's a haunted house themed pin with Alice as one of the characters.

snaroff

#3198 5 years ago

Quoted from PinCrush:

Well, if you are tumbling your balls yourself then that’s a different story. how many people have a tumbler and do this??

#3199 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Well, if you are tumbling your balls yourself then that’s a different story. how many people have a tumbler and do this??

I do!

Vibrating brass tumbler using crushed walnut media (from pet store) and a few squirts of brass polish fluid or even novus 2. Let em run for 5-6 days and be amazed!

#3200 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I do!
Vibrating brass tumbler using crushed walnut media (from pet store) and a few squirts of brass polish fluid or even novus 2. Let em run for 5-6 days and be amazed!

I’m curious if this a widespread practice and if I should be doing this...when your balls get scratched up do you just re-tumble them? I assume unless there’s a big nick or deep scratch you can keep tumbling them?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 26.50
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.