20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 144.
#3051 6 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

That’s it, tomorrow after work I’m going to the bank and doing my direct deposit and have my pro sent and pass on my premium upgrade option.

They have two at AYCE GOGI in Van Nuys if you want to try it first (or get your fix while you wait for the premium).

#3052 6 years ago

So, it seems the overall consensus here is the game sucks and is a gigantic letdown?

lol kidding of course... stoked to see such positive reviews so far! Can't wait for my LE!

#3053 6 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Does anyone "not" like this game?

JJP, Spooky, et al.

#3054 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

JJP, Spooky, et al.

I’d be willing to bet Spooky likes it.. they don’t have sales problems, they have production problems (i.e. lots of backorders) and no desire to get bigger. Plus I’m guessing here, but I bet Charlie likes Maiden

#3055 6 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

I’d be willing to bet Spooky likes it.. they don’t have sales problems, they have production problems (i.e. lots of backorders) and don’t care. Plus I’m guessing here, but I bet Charlie likes Maiden

I imagine Iron Maiden will impinge on ACNC sales at least a little, especially once the Maiden Prem is seen. You can like the band, but it's still business.

#3056 6 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

For people that have played it, how is that left ramp shot? Is it a nightmare if you brick it? Do the shots feel good. For some reason those pops in the front are reminding me of a stern title I hated (xmen) with those placed up front.
Man it feels like Christmas Eve as a kid waiting for the premium/le reveal. I expect the LE art is goong to be one of the best looking ever, well at least to those of us that grew up with maiden and love Eddie.

Think Road Show... readily doable, but of course off the mark = miss. The game doesn't give you SDTM drains off missed ramps either.

#3057 6 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

OR - you could purchase my Pabst Can Crusher that's currently available in the Pinside marketplace, satiate all of your pinball needs for the time being, and get the full featured Premium when it's available!
Just sayin'.
Perhaps start a Pabst Can Crusher vs. Maiden Pro thread to help you decide?

Just having a pin moment and had to play my games and now I feel better. The wait is killing me and I’m starting to shake but I think I can make it for the Prem release.

#3058 6 years ago
Quoted from trilamb:

They have two at AYCE GOGI in Van Nuys if you want to try it first (or get your fix while you wait for the premium).

That sounds like a good place to go this weekend to help hold me over.

#3059 6 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Just having a pin moment and had to play my games and now I feel better. The wait is killing me and I’m starting to shake but I think I can make it for the Prem release.

Hang in there man - you can make it!

#3060 6 years ago

A lot of noise from those that feel the need to constantly crap on music pins over and over.
We get it.
We hear you.
Stern should send an apology letter that some of their most inspired efforts have been these pins.

Can’t stand Maiden?
A reminder you can replace it with Yanni and grab a box of Kleenex or simply move to another new title.

#3061 6 years ago

I have never been a Maiden fan but I gotta tell you I want this game! I think the music fits the game perfectly. I like Fear of the Dark mode, "Someone is near" game has amazing callouts. Love how it tells you whats going on.

#3062 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Let me first say the pro looks to play fantastic....... but The big thing for me with the pro. ( have not played one ) is the lack of mechanical features.
Looks like it shoots amazing, but not having ANY moving anything seems takes away a bit.
I need some moving parts not just a shooter..... that’s a main reason I’m holding out for a Prem/LE

Maybe the Premium and LE will have a little mechanical Eddie monster that walks out on the middle of the playfield and you have to kill him with pinballs!

#3063 6 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Does anyone "not" like this game?

I don't like that I backed out of my LE spot a month before announced!!! Damnit!

#3064 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I don't like that I backed out of my LE spot a month before announced!!! Damnit!

Someone around the world thanks you.

#3065 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

That stinks for sure, especially if it ends up having the best art package. You can still get the premium though.

#3066 6 years ago

There's LEs out there. You just have to pay more...

#3067 6 years ago

We came up to NYC for a visit and had a chance to hit the Sunshine Laundromat last night (same day they got it in). Man, what a blast we had. I'm so looking forward to my LE... whenever the hell that happens to be lol. Cheers and Trooper beers my fellow earthdogs!!!

#3068 6 years ago

Mine arrived today! Set it up and put about a dozen plays on it tonight. In a nutshell, I'm blown away by this layout! It has absolutely exceeded my expectations in every way. The pro delivers so much fun with what I would consider to be one of the best shooting layouts I've played in a long time... every shot just satisfies! On top of that, it plays fast and the code seems very much up to par for this early on. WOW. And I haven't really been blown away with the last several Stern releases to be honest (at least not like this). The 4 flippers on this game make it soooo much fun.

If you're on the fence, I say go for it! This is a fun shooter that's fast and furious to boot! Can't wait to fire it up tomorrow for more plays.

IMG_1591 (resized).jpgIMG_1591 (resized).jpg
IMG_1594 (resized).jpgIMG_1594 (resized).jpg

#3069 6 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Mine arrived today! Set it up and put about a dozen plays on it tonight. In a nutshell, I'm blown away by this layout! It has absolutely exceeded my expectations in every way. The pro delivers so much fun with what I would consider to be one of the best shooting layouts I've played in a long time... every shot just satisfies! On top of that, it plays fast and the code seems very much up to par for this early on. WOW. And I haven't really been blown away with the last several Stern releases to be honest (at least not like this). The 4 flippers on this game make it soooo much fun.
If you're on the fence, I say go for it! This is a fun shooter that's fast and furious to boot! Can't wait to fire it up tomorrow for more plays.

So i guess you're pretty happy with your purchase then?

Now for the big question. ......Iron Maiden or Dialed in? If one had to go which one would it be?

#3070 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Iron Maiden or Dialed in? If one had to go which one would it be?

That is easy. Do you like Iron Maiden music? if Yes then I am pretty sure you will be keeping it.

if no, then I am pretty sure your will be keeping DI.

#3071 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Let me first say the pro looks to play fantastic....... but The big thing for me with the pro. ( have not played one ) is the lack of mechanical features.
Looks like it shoots amazing, but not having ANY moving anything seems takes away a bit.
I need some moving parts not just a shooter..... that’s a main reason I’m holding out for a Prem/LE

Aside from the snake kick out Met pro has no mechanical interaction with the ball and it’s a blinder of a player that holds its own over the premium. Sparky is a show, it doesn’t interact. I love pounding on newton balls so pro will do fine for me.

#3072 6 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Aside from the snake kick out Met pro has no mechanical interaction with the ball and it’s a blinder of a player that holds its own over the premium. Sparky is a show, it doesn’t interact. I love pounding on newton balls so pro will do fine for me.

Not really true sparky and flint the call back at you as well as hold it with the magnet ... same as the graveyard .

To me main difference in premium other than the light show is the snake can close his mouth which makes a big difference when in multiball .

#3073 6 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

To me main difference in premium other than the light show is the snake can close his mouth which makes a big difference when in multiball .

That does make it better than the pro. I like smashing spinners, so that's better, too. The raising cross I don't give 2 shits about though.
And pinball is all about toys and effects and the hammer ball lock is REALLY cool and for those reasons, a pro wouldn't do it for me.

Maiden pro seems pretty packed though - can't wait to see what my LE is gonna have! C'mon Stern!!

#3074 6 years ago

The hammer on Met is awesome.... when it’s working.

#3075 6 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

The hammer on Met is awesome.... when it’s working.

Definitely awesome. And the one on my MET works all the time.

I will be happy if IMDN's mechs are half as cool!

#3076 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Now for the big question. ......Iron Maiden or Dialed in? If one had to go which one would it be?

I own dialed in, and I'm in on an IMDN LE, but I'm pretty sure that while this game is going to be epic in both design and ruleset, DI LE will be the champ due to build quality, full sewer, serviceable boards, 5 magnets, two extra lcds, unbelievable animations, Lowler gameplay, Bluetooth connectivity, and unmatched customer service. This is all at the same price. Comparing gameplay is a bit apples to oranges, but simply put, JJP isn't so damn cheap thay they can't put enough wire in the game for a convenient switch.... All that said, I'm still super excited to get my LE. Damn you, Stern!

#3077 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Spinners, man, spinners.

#3078 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Both! lol. But in all honesty, you'd have to shell out a few grand more for the DI, so if you have the extra cash I'd say go for DI as it's epic in it's own way.. another great layout, tons of unique toys, and it just screams quality. Hell, even the propellers move on the little drones.

But for the money, I'm very happy with Iron Maiden.. I don't want to beat a dead horse, but the 4 flipper layout and unique non-fan layout on Maiden just satisfies.

#3079 6 years ago

Anyone poo-pooing this game because they think the music sucks is going to miss out big time and mostly for naught. The game is so intense and there is so many call outs and other sounds happening during game play, that quite frankly, I barely even notice the actual Iron Maiden music. most of my concentration goes into keeping the ball alive let alone paying attention to the background music. I also have a feeling when the premium gets announced it's going to have a much less eddie-centric art package and will appeal to a much larger base of people. If you can't find something good about the rest of ZY's art, then you're in a rough spot.

#3080 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

The game is so intense and there is so many call outs and other sounds happening during game play, that quite frankly, I barely even notice the actual Iron Maiden music. most of my concentration goes into keeping the ball alive let alone paying attention to the background music.

This.

My wife is not really an Iron Maiden fan, but will listen to it because I like it. She commented that while playing she was not really focused on the music and that the interaction with the screen and being instructed what to shoot for kept her from focusing on the music and thinking she didn't like it.

I would just say this- even if you don't like the music, find a place to try the game and and decide for yourself.

#3081 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Anyone poo-pooing this game because they think the music sucks is going to miss out big time and mostly for naught.

If there are people flat out not playing this game because they dislike the music, that’s a special kind of stupid if you ask me.

#3082 6 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Definitely awesome. And the one on my MET works all the time.

Mine does too. 100%. Not disputing that it was an issue for some but IMO Stern got a bad wrap on that mech. It is not the cluster that is often reported.

#3083 6 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

Mine does too. 100%. Not disputing that it was an issue for some but IMO Stern got a bad wrap on that mech. It is not the cluster that is often reported.

Yea same here, but...you have to let the ball roll over the magnet slowly a direct hit to the captive ball doesn't work usually.

#3084 6 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Bluetooth connectivity

Like that ever works. Seriously, it's is very unreliable at least on my machine. Everything else I agree with you on - love my Dialed In!

#3085 6 years ago
Quoted from Vesper:

Like that ever works. Seriously, it's is very unreliable at least on my machine. Everything else I agree with you on - love my Dialed In!

It works every time on mine, but I just don't find a reason to use it. I wish they had investigated more deeply what they could do with a connected cell phone.

#3086 6 years ago

Here! Just got it set up. Wow this game is great! Flow is off the charts! Cant wait to dig in later.

793D6F81-FDF8-4987-8B53-247E4FD986DF (resized).jpeg793D6F81-FDF8-4987-8B53-247E4FD986DF (resized).jpeg

#3087 6 years ago

Got to play it over lunch at a local brewery. It definitely was very fast and exciting! Theme's not for me, and I just got a GOTG, but this game will make a lot of people happy!

Looking forward to the Premium and LE.

#3088 6 years ago

Sure hate to add to the rumor/speculation mill here but I spoke with Chris from Cointaker this morning and he heard the artwork for the LE HAS just been approved and pics could come as early as today or next week. The premium is to follow. Just the messenger here so please, no hate if this is false. I know that ALL of our hopes are up for pictures!

#3089 6 years ago

For the people that have played IMPro's how does it compare to GOTG? Just curious for your opinions...

#3090 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

For the people that have played IMPro's how does it compare to GOTG? Just curious for your opinions...

It blows GOTG out of the water in every aspect.

#3091 6 years ago

I hate to be a cliche, the theme is just a big negative for me but I played it at lunch today and was completely blown away. So many shots on this game and they all feel great. Obviously this is just a first impression, but I'm not sure a game has been so fun to shoot right out of the gate for me.

Unfortunately I couldn't really hear the game that well, being on location, so I couldn't gauge how the music would affect my experience. Oh well, it's off to youtube to see if I can get myself to like Iron maiden.

#3092 6 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Oh well, it's off to youtube to see if I can get myself to like Iron maiden.

Props to you for at least giving it a listen and a chance. You may be surprised. I think it will grow on people if the pin is good enough for them to play on location.

#3093 6 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

I hate to be a cliche, the theme is just a big negative for me but I played it at lunch today and was completely blown away. So many shots on this game and they all feel great. Obviously this is just a first impression, but I'm not sure a game has been so fun to shoot right out of the gate for me.
Unfortunately I couldn't really hear the game that well, being on location, so I couldn't gauge how the music would affect my experience. Oh well, it's off to youtube to see if I can get myself to like Iron maiden.

Yeah the only few songs you MIGHT hear on the radio or something like that are the same three songs. Run To The Hills (so tired of hearing it), The Trooper (so awesome but kind of tired of it also), and Number Of The Beast (again, awesome but overplayed). They have TONS of good songs it’s ridiculous. Most people have no clue about the level of songwriting, storytelling, themes and images that they can conjure up with their songs. Give them a serious chance and explore all their 30 something albums and I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised by the level of talent and songwriting spanning the years that have NEVER received airplay anywhere. Maiden just doesn’t write “radio friendly” songs and in IMO that’s a good thing.

#3094 6 years ago

When KME was first hired at Stern I told myself and several of my collector friends that I was planning to buy his first game as long as the Pro model was based off the Archer layout and had 4 flippers and kept most of the gameplay features intact including spinners. I just knew that his game would shoot well and have really good rules. Over time the rumors changed over which game he was working on. Throughout the year I heard rumors of GOTG and Deadpool and finally Iron Maiden. I didn't really have a strong preference for any of them over one another. I liked all the themes but didn't love any of them or feel any special connection to the themes. I knew this is a title that I'd buy based on Keith and his layout alone. Let me just say after seeing and playing Iron Maiden I'm really glad that this was his game! I think the excellent artwork by Zombie Yeti really brings it over the top but everything about this theme and how it is implemented is awesome! From the music to the sound effects, to the callouts and just how the rules and modes are designed around the songs so well, everything is just executed perfectly! I know since buying the machine I've been listening to Iron Maiden's music a lot more and really growing to appreciate it more than I did before. Even if you aren't a Maiden fan I'd encourage you to play this game and just see how cohesive everything is and how well the theme is implemented and how it just makes for an excellent pinball machine!

#3095 6 years ago
Quoted from Vesper:

A little off topic, but I'll be quick: I ziptied my dongle up near the lockdown bar, on the wires going to the coin door, and I've had no problems since. I think the bluetooth has trouble getting out of the cabinet where they situated it.

#3096 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

Yeah the only few songs you MIGHT hear on the radio or something like that are the same three songs. Run To The Hills (so tired of hearing it), The Trooper (so awesome but kind of tired of it also), and Number Of The Beast (again, awesome but overplayed). They have TONS of good songs it’s ridiculous. Most people have no clue about the level of songwriting, storytelling, themes and images that they can conjure up with their songs. Give them a serious chance and explore all their 30 something albums and I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised by the level of talent and songwriting spanning the years that have NEVER received airplay anywhere. Maiden just doesn’t write “radio friendly” songs and in IMO that’s a good thing.

Well, I'm giving the playlist a good try so we shall see. In a positive note, I do like Run To The Hills from playing it on rockband -- I've actually had the song stuck in my head for the last couple of days (sorry hardcore maiden fans). I'll try listening to the set list a bunch of times -- it helps if I visualize playing pinball to it. Or I can pretend this is an original theme with cool art and surprisingly great heavy metal music from Stern's house band.

#3097 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

I literally sold my GOTG Pro last Friday and brought Iron Maiden home on Sunday. There's no comparison. If you want to know what GOTG plays like go find a MET or Iron Man or half a dozen other similar standard fan layouts and you'll know. If you want to know what Iron Maiden plays like you have to go find an Iron Maiden.

#3098 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It blows GOTG out of the water in every aspect.

Except theme and display “prettiness” IMO.

#3099 6 years ago

So I have been playing Iron Maiden nearly continually on spotify in the basement. I think by the time the premiums come out, and I can afford and sneak one into the house, they will not realize it is a new machine

#3100 6 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Hey Eric, great to hear you are blown away! Congrats on the new pin.

For over a year, I was excited about Spooky's ACNC. After seeing ACNC, wasn't thrilled about the haunted house focus. Alice isn't really featured on the PF...not a traditional music themed pin focused on band art/music/etc.. Apparently, Spooky received feedback that folks were tired of music themed pins (which explained their design point). Maiden is proof that folks still dig the music formula when you have great artwork, layout, and rules. I'm more of an Alice Cooper fan than Iron Maiden, but Stern will be getting my $$ this time around...

snaroff

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/62?hl=jar155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.