20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 144.
#2951 6 years ago

I cant believe how nice this pro is. Stern has really upped the bar on this one. So many improvements from the tron pro I had its shocking. The LE and premium now seem like overkill.

#2952 6 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

I cant believe how nice this pro is. Stern has really upped the bar on this one. So many improvements from the tron pro I had its shocking. The LE and premium now seem like overkill.

To be fair does it really have that much? Tron had a spinning disk and lowering target bank. There are virtually no toys on the pro maiden, but I love the 4 flippers, layout, art and metal ramps!

#2953 6 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

To be fair does it really have that much? Tron had a spinning disk and lowering target bank. There are virtually no toys on the pro maiden, but I love the 4 flippers, layout, art and metal ramps!

RGB lighting and full color display.

#2954 6 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

The bullseye seems like a toy, not to mention a interactive backbox/lcd screen.

#2955 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

RGB lighting and full color display.

Quoted from Wildbill327:

1329BEA1-D716-4AA5-8252-B8C45BF80743 (resized).jpeg1329BEA1-D716-4AA5-8252-B8C45BF80743 (resized).jpeg

#2956 6 years ago

I guess it just proves you don't need a lot of toys to make a fun pinball!

#2957 6 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

That’s why I’m waiting for a Prem.

#2958 6 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

The bullseye on the pro is unfortunately just a static target. When I played a pro I kept thinking the ball was going to be held on it (LOTR or TOM style) or at some point would open to allow the ball to pass through it. Nope and as a result I don't find it a satisfying shot to hit since the ball just drops back to the playfield.

It's possible that the bulleye shot on the premium / LE does something more interactive.

In the "Backstage Pass" PDF on Sterns site it says "Shooting Pharaoh Target opens the Pharaohs Tomb to lock ball". It's possible that opening the Pharaohs Tomb is in reference to the pharoh target to opening on the premium / LE.

#2959 6 years ago

Nope same bulleye target on the Premium and LE. I like it. Simple and effective. Red/White and Blue lighting. Does anyone know how the player knows which area on the bulleye he hit? Center is 3x, inner ring is 2x and outer is 1x. I figured a different lighting would go off when hit (blue - 3x, red - 2x and white 1x) but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The bullseye on the pro is unfortunately just a static target. When I played a pro I kept thinking the ball was going to be held on it (LOTR or TOM style) or at some point the would open to allow the ball to pass through it. Nope and as a result I don't find it a satisfying shot to hit since the ball just drops back to the playfield.
It's possible that the bulleye shot on the premium / LE does something more interactive.

#2960 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The bullseye on the pro is unfortunately just a static target. When I played a pro I kept thinking the ball was going to be held on it (LOTR or TOM style) or at some point the would open to allow the ball to pass through it. Nope and as a result I don't find it a satisfying shot to hit since the ball just drops back to the playfield.
In the "Backstage Pass" PDF on Sterns site it says "Shooting Pharaoh Target opens the Pharaohs Tomb to lock ball". It's possible that opening the Pharaohs Tomb is allow a shot to pass through that target after it opens up.

Nope, but the ramp to shoot it opens and you shoot a scoop under it, also you shoot the left ramp to lock balls behind the captive ball. Finally I think there is a varitarget on the right side.

#2961 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Nope same bulleye target on the Premium and LE. I like it. Simple and effective. Red/White and Blue lighting. Does anyone know how the player knows which area on the bulleye he hit? Center is 3x, inner ring is 2x and outer is 1x. I figured a different lighting would go off when hit (blue - 3x, red - 2x and white 1x) but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Tim Sexton , get on this !

#2962 6 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

It doesn’t. I think IM might have more toys than IMDN!! More toys doesn’t always equal more fun.

#2963 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

More toys doesn’t always equal more fun.

Yeah and sometimes depending on the game or the toys it can equal less fun, I'll take open and flowing over crammed and stop go any day.

#2964 6 years ago

You guys know if you need a bunch of toys that the biggest toy store chain in America is closing and selling off all its inventory right? I’m sure you can find some toys you will like there.....

#2965 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I agree.

#2966 6 years ago

Does anyone have any idea where this stool can be purchased.

548421_biylsqp5ebom_jelyyge7wu70 (resized).jpg548421_biylsqp5ebom_jelyyge7wu70 (resized).jpg

#2967 6 years ago

Why do I need a lot of toys in the big toy? I just need the big toy to be fun and feel like pinball rather then fell like I am just playing with some $5 toys. Give me pinball and flow and no stop and go over toys any day. Mine will be here today can not wait!

#2968 6 years ago

I was just looking at the features matrix again... so on the Premium/LE it's not a traditional captive ball with a ball and target behind it... instead it's a hit-detecting newton ball that will detect M-U-M-M-Y hits and award the letters with the Mummy Multiball balls locked behind it?

#2969 6 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Company that made them is a music merch licensing and manufacture firm. Seems like they were made in 2005, so it's a long shot. Here's their contact info:

LONDON
Bravado International Group
Suite 1B-F, Chiswick Place, 272 Gunnersbury Avenue
London W4 5QB
TEL: +44 (0) 330 587 1234
http://www.bravado.com
For more information contact:
[email protected]
[email protected]

NEW YORK
1755 Broadway 2nd Floor
New York
NY 10019 U.S.A
TEL: + 1 212 445 3400
FAX: + 1 212 445 3499
http://www.bravadousa.com
[email protected]

LOS ANGELES
9255 Sunset Blvd - suite 200
Los Angeles
CA 90069 U.S.A
TEL: +1 310 865 5025
FAX: +1 310 865 5036

Their website is badly designed, so if you go to the store directory, amongst ALL the html files, you can see that at one time they had an iron maiden store (listing is alphabetical - scroll to "I"):
http://www.bravadousa.com/stores/

These are the guys you need to talk to.

#2970 6 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Why do I need a lot of toys in the big toy? I just need the big toy to be fun and feel like pinball rather then fell like I am just playing with some $5 toys. Give me pinball and flow and no stop and go over toys any day. Mine will be here today can not wait!

Mechanical, interactive toys in a pinball game are not the equivalent of playing with $5 toys.

They also alone don't make a game great.

#2971 6 years ago

Yep, look at the archer video. similar mech but made more robust for production.

Quoted from jeffsarcade:

I was just looking at the features matrix again... so on the Premium/LE it's not a traditional captive ball with a ball and target behind it... instead it's a hit-detecting newton ball that will detect M-U-M-M-Y hits and award the letters with the Mummy Multiball balls locked behind it?

#2972 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Yes. that's my understanding. I believe it's designed to work even when there's no ball behind it to transfer energy to.-so it's basically a switch that doubles as a newton ball when there are balls locked behind it. I wonder if the mystery orb will be some kind of clear sphere with a color changer in it?-maybe something similar to the Palentir in LOTR?

#2973 6 years ago

To be clear guys I think the pro looks kike a ton of fun and great toys don’t make a good game.

#2974 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The bullseye on the pro is unfortunately just a static target. When I played a pro I kept thinking the ball was going to be held on it (LOTR or TOM style) or at some point would open to allow the ball to pass through it. Nope and as a result I don't find it a satisfying shot to hit since the ball just drops back to the playfield.
In the "Backstage Pass" PDF on Sterns site it says "Shooting Pharaoh Target opens the Pharaohs Tomb to lock ball". It's possible that opening the Pharaohs Tomb is in reference to the pharoh target to opening on the premium / LE.

That would totally suck if the target grabbed and held the ball every time you shoot it. That target gets hit a ton in regular play and having a magnet slow it down would be a major downgrade in my opinion. It works perfectly as it is and I think it's a cool toy!

#2975 6 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

When NIB pins now cost nearly $6k - $10k it's the interactive and moving toys that help justify the price in my opinion. Flow is only worth so much money, that's we don't see No Fear selling for $6k - $10k yet it has a ton of flow.

Other things help justify the price as well such as deep and unique code, high quality LCD animations, use of licensed assets, custom music being created, metal ramps, other metal components, spinners, inserts, etc. Thankfully Iron Maiden pro has a good combination of those items. It's also nice to see a ton of extras being included with the LE model.

#2976 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

That would totally suck if the target grabbed and held the ball every time you shoot it. That target gets hit a ton in regular play and having a magnet slow it down would be a major downgrade in my opinion. It works perfectly as it is and I think it's a cool toy!

No I didn't mean every time, just after hitting it enough times and then it lights up. Hitting it several times and then seeing it light up for a shot that then opens it up to say lock a ball or something sounds cool and interactive.

#2977 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Company that made them is a music merch licensing and manufacture firm. Seems like they were made in 2005, so it's a long shot. Here's their contact info:
LONDON
Suite 1B-F, Chiswick Place, 272 Gunnersbury Avenue
London W4 5QB
TEL: +44 (0) 330 587 1234
http://www.bravado.com
[email protected]
[email protected]
NEW YORK
1755 Broadway 2nd Floor
New York
NY 10019 U.S.A
TEL: + 1 212 445 3400
FAX: + 1 212 445 3499
[email protected]
LOS ANGELES
9255 Sunset Blvd - suite 200
Los Angeles
CA 90069 U.S.A
TEL: +1 310 865 5025
FAX: +1 310 865 5036
Their website is badly designed, so if you go to the store directory, amongst ALL the html files, you can see that at one time they had an iron maiden store (listing is alphabetical - scroll to "I"):
http://www.bravadousa.com/stores/
These are the guys you need to talk to.

Cool thanks for all the info.

#2978 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

When NIB pins now cost nearly $6k - $10k it's the interactive and moving toys that help justify the price in my opinion. Flow is only worth so much money, that's we don't see No Fear selling for $6k - $10k yet it has a ton of flow.

"No Fun" has really narrow shots that mostly brick. That's why it's cheap, it sucks.

The whole "bash toy" trend mostly just peeves me off. I'm glad there isn't a bunch of useless bash toys in Maiden and the one main bash toy has three switches to detect on-target shots, making it WAY better than something like Sparky. I saw some tool on Facebook complaining about the lack of toys and shots, but he seemed to completely miss the up-posts that turn four shots into EIGHT by diverting the ball from one entrance to two different exits. Brilliant.

Don't get me wrong, I like me some Metallica, but I played a shit-ton of Maiden at MGC on the one with headphones and it KILLS MET in original shot geometry, music integration, artwork and display. GB tried to inject some originality into pinball again but the flipper gap and weak software meant it fell flat, but when a PRO plays as well as Maiden, well, there just might be a new king on the block.

#2979 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

"No Fun" has really narrow shots that mostly brick...

Don't find many shots narrow in NF at all. I don't find any hard really but def not narrow.

#2980 6 years ago

Does anyone know what Stern's production rate on these machines is? The dealer I contact said they sold out of the 25 pro machines they got in less than 2 days, and is unsure when he's getting more.

#2981 6 years ago
Quoted from Daemin:

Does anyone know what Stern's production rate on these machines is? The dealer I contact said they sold out of the 25 pro machines they got in less than 2 days, and is unsure when he's getting more.

I thought Stern just seeded the Pros, then went to LEs, then Premiums, then back to Pros to finish out. If they're on the LEs now, it might be a while, but then again, if there's a holdup with the LE art, the Pro "seeding" part might manufacture longer than usual.

#2982 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I thought Stern just seeded the Pros, then went to LEs, then Premiums, then back to Pros to finish out.

That's what I was told too. But with the delay on the LE/Pre art who knows if they will just continue making Pro's until those are approved and ready to go into production....

#2983 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Good point. They must lower down into the underworld scoop as Jeffsarcade mentioned and then maybe eject via a vuk up to the back of the playfield between the 2 divertors where they are held for multiball? In Archer the balls went from a subway and ejected out of the lower left scoop there's no scoop in IMDN.

at least not in the pro?

#2984 6 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I had three of these in our basement bar, purchased around 05 from Spencer’s. They looked good, but the base where the legs connect was super cheap particle board and they fell apart fairly quickly (I weighed around 180 at the time and they were seeing minimal use). So, not sure they’re worth paying too much for if you do find them?

#2985 6 years ago
Quoted from wontwa:

I had three of these in our basement bar, purchased around 05 from Spencer’s. They looked good, but the base where the legs connect was super cheap particle board and they fell apart fairly quickly (I weighed around 180 at the time and they were seeing minimal use). So, not sure they’re worth paying too much for if you do find them?

You can unstaple the cover and replace the base board with plywood or whatever then re-staple the cover on. Better than new when you're done.

#2986 6 years ago

If you're a Powerslave for more Maiden pinball, Colorado Pinball will be heading to Gexchange tonight to stream some more IMDN Pro.

http://www.twitch.tv/ColoradoPinball

Stream starts at 7PM Mountain. Come check it out!

#2987 6 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

And upped the price also.... at least they put back the 20.00 playfield supports and spinners they were removing , but it cost us 300.00 from last release to do so.

#2988 6 years ago

You either have no pulse or no soul if you don’t find this game friggin enjoyable- the music was awesome -not annoying at all -and I’m no Maiden shill. Loops and shots for days and really LoVe the fact that the spinner is actually relevant to a game again! An inspired design and the artwork package is even better in person.
I imagine owners of the pro will need a little protection eventually for he target area in back but playing this today was fantastic pinball.
Two middle iron fingers up!

285EC806-7BA8-4464-A894-AA217E57AAA9 (resized).jpeg285EC806-7BA8-4464-A894-AA217E57AAA9 (resized).jpeg

#2989 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

That’s why I’m waiting for a Prem.

I learned my lesson on the whole pro prem thing back with metallica. Had a pro played it to death and had a blast. Got a prem and pretty much thought... so what... the pro is just as fun ive wasted my money here.

That said some games do warrant the upgrade. This isnt one of them imo.The subway and sarcofigus toy are going to be super cool but not 2k cool. The pro here will suffice and then some.

#2990 6 years ago

PAPA is streaming the game right now

#2991 6 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I learned my lesson on the whole pro prem thing back with metallica. Had a pro played it to death and had a blast. Got a prem and pretty much thought... so what... the pro is just as fun ive wasted my money here.
That said some games do warrant the upgrade. This isnt one of them imo.The subway and sarcofigus toy are going to be super cool but not 2k cool. The pro here will suffice and then some.

Don’t you want to at least see the premium before declaring it officially not worth the extra cash?

#2992 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Don’t you want to at least see the premium before declaring it officially not worth the extra cash?

I see your point however i really only think premiums are worth the upgrade if they provide extra shots. I only see some mechanical action added here and a variety to current shots. Cool to be sure but not worth the upgrade. Case in point Metallica. Coffin ball lock etc.... really cool but i have just as much fun on the pro. Everyone here is having a blast with the pro and that to me speaks volumes.

I can also get moulded eddies on ebay.

#2993 6 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

It hasnt even been revealed yet so no one knows how much more the premium will truly offer but im for one waiting. The dual gi and all the other features that were on archer plus more sure wont hurt anything and can only add to the fun factor imo. Plus now that the pro is 5700 and the premium is still.at 7300 its makes the choice even harder.

#2994 6 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I see your point however i really only think premiums are worth the upgrade if they provide extra shots. I only see some mechanical action added here and a variety to current shots. Cool to be sure but not worth the upgrade. Case in point Metallica. Coffin ball lock etc.... really cool but i have just as much fun on the pro. Everyone here is having a blast with the pro and that to me speaks volumes.
I can also get moulded eddies on ebay.

Thsts bc met is probably the best pro ever and borg pros are usually designed first .

#2995 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

from the keyboard of the designer in the papa chat

​solid red= 1x, solid blue= 2x, red/ blue alternate= bullseye 3x

#2996 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Thsts bc met is probably the best pro ever and borg pros are usually designed first .

I think this is the new "King of the Pros". Maybe if Met Pro had spinners, color changing inserts and a color dmd it could compete. I want to like Met Pro but can't get over the dead orbit shots with no spinners.

#2997 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I think this is the new "King of the Pros". Maybe if Met Pro had spinners, color changing inserts and a color dmd it could compete. I want to like Met Pro but can't get over the dead orbit shots with no spinners.

Yep and iron m is also over 1k more... met also has 2 scoops, inline drops, magnet and a bash toy. They are 2 totally different pins which is a good thing and both will be great in the same collection. Each will have their fans.

#2998 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Lol, this is pinside, where people declare a pin a success or failure based on video, and not actually playing it.

#2999 6 years ago

Does not seem to be much pop bumper action, more loops and center target action. Seems fast and somewhat forgiving. Just my observations, cant really declare anything until I actually play it.

#3000 6 years ago

just played it this evening @ The Pinball Lounge ....... its all they say & YEAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/60?hl=snowgalvin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.