20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 144.
#2901 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I would be shocked if Free Gold Watch didn't get one soon.

Yeah I was thinking there or maybe Scandia in Rohnert Park. If anyone finds one on location please let me know

#2902 6 years ago

Ordering my new Eddie bed set, lol

This game is making me mental !

bs (resized).jpgbs (resized).jpg

#2903 6 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Ordering my new Eddie bed set, lol
This game is making me mental !

The ladies will love that!

#2904 6 years ago

We are live! Start your day off with Rudy and some Iron Maiden streaming live from TILT Pinball Bar: http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

rudymaiden (resized).jpgrudymaiden (resized).jpg

#2905 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Icarus part is maybe assets ripped from the mobile game...

Nope

#2906 6 years ago

I think AS A GAME it will surpass MET. Some people may still get thrown by the band vs band.. but the game has a lot to offer.

More variety in shots.. more variety in objectives... huge differentiators in scoring for playing great vs just playing.. and it doesn't abuse you like ghostbusters.

MET is faster but Maiden is more varied. Many may actually find Maiden gentle on draining.. and 'easy'. But the difference will be in scoring... You can't get big score by just surviving on Maiden, you gotta do the right things and you will be rewarded.

#2907 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I think AS A GAME it will surpass MET. Some people may still get thrown by the band vs band.. but the game has a lot to offer.
More variety in shots.. more variety in objectives... huge differentiators in scoring for playing great vs just playing.. and it doesn't abuse you like ghostbusters.
MET is faster but Maiden is more varied. Many may actually find Maiden gentle on draining.. and 'easy'. But the difference will be in scoring... You can't get big score by just surviving on Maiden, you gotta do the right things and you will be rewarded.

Agreed. I like Metallica more than Maiden as a band but Maiden is a better game which is why I own one of those and haven't picked up Met yet. Maiden has a far better layout, spinners on all models, better display and callouts, a rule-set that never makes you feel like you're chopping wood, etc. The best part about Metallica is the CIU modes for which you are lucky to get 1-2 per game typically. Maiden has really good modes available all the time as well as objectives such as loops and a great combo-system. It's really not even close in my opinion. And with solid/complete code out of the gate I have a feeling Maiden will be sitting atop of the top 100 in no time. It really doesn't have any weaknesses. Games like Met and TWD took close to a year from release before they were even fun thanks to Lyman's code.

#2908 6 years ago

Here's the first two hours of the stream if you missed it live!

#2909 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Agreed. I like Metallica more than Maiden as a band but Maiden is a better game which is why I own one of those and haven't picked up Met yet. Maiden has a far better layout, spinners on all models, better display and callouts, a rule-set that never makes you feel like you're chopping wood, etc. The best part about Metallica is the CIU modes for which you are lucky to get 1-2 per game typically. Maiden has really good modes available all the time as well as objectives such as loops and a great combo-system. It's really not even close in my opinion. And with solid/complete code out of the gate I have a feeling Maiden will be sitting atop of the top 100 in no time. It really doesn't have any weaknesses. Games like Met and TWD took close to a year from release before they were even fun thanks to Lyman's code.

I think this game gets a real boost in launch code since Keith had really been thinking about it and working on it in some form or another for a few years now.

#2910 6 years ago

Well I found a LE and secured it!!!

Cannot wait for the reveal but I bet the LE will be something special art wise.

#2911 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I don't see this happening, just my opinion, as Metallica offers a far better world under glass experience then Iron Maiden. Metallica has the large Sparky toy, the mechanical hammer with ball lock, the snake, and the moving cross.

I don't see any moving toys in Iron Maiden that represent that themes world. The game has a lot of shots but so does No Fear. I may change my tune after playing a premium.

#2912 6 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Well I found a LE and secured it!!! They are out there and I know of at least 1available and 2 more distributors thought they were getting more.

Did they gouge you or was it around $8800?

#2913 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I don't see this happening, just my opinion, as Metallica offers a far better world under glass experience then Iron Maiden. Metallica has the large Sparky toy, the mechanical hammer with ball lock, the snake, and the moving cross.
I don't see any moving toys in Iron Maiden that represent that themes world. The game has a lot of shots but so does No Fear. I may change my tune after playing a premium.

Probably because you're using the premium/LE version of MET as your example and comparing it to the IMDN Pro. There is are two Eddie figures, a mechanical sarcophagus, a cool moving orb thing and two lifting ramps in the IMDN premium/LE.

#2914 6 years ago

Noob question, can one add Premium features to a Pro in the future (e.g., the mechanical sarcophagus)? Thanks!

#2915 6 years ago
Quoted from xian222:

Noob question, can one add Premium features to a Pro in the future (e.g., the mechanical sarcophagus)? Thanks!

Not unless someone makes and sells a similar mod (or you salvage pieces from another table), Stern doesn't sell them individually or anything.

#2916 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Underworld ramp that lifts up and moving crypt entrance on the left ramp are pretty well-themed on the Prem/LE. We'll have to see how they are in action, but as a THEME, Iron Maiden is WAY more cohesive than Metallica.

#2917 6 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Did they gouge you or was it around $8800?

No gouging, correct pricing.

#2918 6 years ago
Quoted from xian222:

can one add Premium features to a Pro in the future

No. Pro software won't support it. And you can't put premium or LE software into a pro.

LTG : )

#2919 6 years ago

No shaker motor add on? That sucks.

#2920 6 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

No shaker motor add on?

I believe that can be done and is supported. Check with Stern or distributor for the title you are thinking of.

LTG : )

#2921 6 years ago

Wired a shaker and it triggers the slam tilt... Anyone else toss a shaker in theirs yet? Waiting on code is my guess...

#2922 6 years ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

Wired a shaker and it triggers the slam tilt... Anyone else toss a shaker in theirs yet? Waiting on code is my guess...

CafeOne also has this issue, so your assumption is likely correct. Still best to report it to Stern though.

#2923 6 years ago

2 minutes

55BC3F45-71CF-4897-8656-463028E80DB8 (resized).jpeg55BC3F45-71CF-4897-8656-463028E80DB8 (resized).jpeg

#2924 6 years ago

Does anyone know if it has the midnight madness multiball?

#2925 6 years ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

I have one in mine v.92 code and it works perfectly.

#2926 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

What met has in toys (which you are comparing the premium to a pro btw...) maiden has in shots and code variety. Maiden you can’t just stare at the lower flippers like you can in a pure fan layout like met.

#2927 6 years ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

Are you sure it's hooked up correctly? We have someone that has it working fine, so it leads me to believe it's a wiring issue. Do you have a picture of the connections?

#2928 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Are you sure it's hooked up correctly? We have someone that has it working fine, so it leads me to believe it's a wiring issue. Do you have a picture of the connections?

PBL or Stern shaker is working fine?

#2929 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

PBL or Stern shaker is working fine?

That's a question for @hougie.

#2930 6 years ago
Quoted from trilamb:

Probably because you're using the premium/LE version of MET as your example and comparing it to the IMDN Pro. There is are two Eddie figures, a mechanical sarcophagus, a cool moving orb thing and two lifting ramps in the IMDN premium/LE.

Like Met I don’t believe the gameplay will be affected by the changes. All the shot will be there just a little more mechanical action.

I haven’t seen anyone playing the pro with a frown on their face. I’m saving some coin and going pro here.

#2931 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's a question for hougie.

PBL

#2932 6 years ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

So pinball life shaker is confirmed to be working. Are you using the Stern one? Do you have connector pictures?

#2933 6 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Like Met I don’t believe the gameplay will be affected by the changes. All the shot will be there just a little more mechanical action.
I haven’t seen anyone playing the pro with a frown on their face. I’m saving some coin and going pro here.

Yea seems mostly like physical ball locks replacing virtual ... and possible a vari target replacing a stand up .

The pro seems to flow really good for a game with such a unique layout I almost wonder if the extra toys will slow it down a bit .. that said can’t go wrong with some cool ball locking action !

#2934 6 years ago

The feature matrix on the premium lists a feature as "motorized sarcophagus ball lock mechanism". Could this be the stationary shot on the pros backboard but on the premium it will somehow hold / grab the ball to lock it?

The shot on the backboard seems like it's designed to be an interactive feature at least on premium / LE games. The feature matrix also mentions a motorized secret tomb entrance for the premium / LE, maybe that's it.

#2935 6 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I think it's a better Pro than even Metallica because it has spinners and color changing LEDs in the main inserts. It's really just missing a ball lock, lift ramp, and captive ball in terms of playable features.

#2936 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The feature matrix on the premium lists a feature as "motorized sarcophagus ball lock mechanism". Could this be the stationary shot on the pros backboard but on the premium it will somehow hold / grab the ball to lock it?
The shot on the backboard seems like it's designed to be an interactive feature at least on premium / LE games. The feature matrix also mentions a motorized secret tomb entrance for the premium / LE, maybe that's it.

The bullseye is a bullseye on both. Center ramp lifts up to lock balls and the left ramp diverts to put the balls in the back somewhere too.

I don’t think there’s any difference in the bullseye. Wouldn’t make sense for that to be a magnet.

#2937 6 years ago

Didn't Keith say something about a ball diverter on the left ramp in the C2C podcast? That seems like it would feed the ball-lock sarcophagus.

#2938 6 years ago

Here's a video we took of the pro model at the Midwest Gaming Classic (MGC)
-we brought along the shotgun mic which really captured some great audio despite the loud background noise of the show. Gameplay was recorded during the after party on Saturday.

Jeremy & the Pinball Mayhem Crew

#2939 6 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Here's a video we took of the pro model at the Midwest Gaming Classic (MGC)
-we brought along the shotgun mic which really captured some great audio despite the loud background noise of the show. Gameplay was recorded during the after party on Saturday.
» YouTube video
Jeremy & the Pinball Mayhem Crew

AWESOME! I cannot wait for this game!

#2940 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So pinball life shaker is confirmed to be working. Are you using the Stern one? Do you have connector pictures?

I'll take a snap of the connector today. Using the pbl shaker.

I have three other spikes in the same spot with pbl shakers so I'll take a look at those too...

#2941 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

AWESOME! I cannot wait for this game!

Thank you after I switched out the camera audio with the Zoom H1 audio (shotgun mic) the game came alive for me.
Now I want one!

Jeremy

#2942 6 years ago

Go back and watch the Archer videos if you want to see the Pre/LE features. The sarcophagus is cool as hell.

#2943 6 years ago

Connector in hand is maiden. Plugged in is guardians. Looks the same. Hmm.

IMG_20180418_101007 (resized).jpgIMG_20180418_101007 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180418_101033 (resized).jpgIMG_20180418_101033 (resized).jpg

#2944 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Go back and watch the Archer videos if you want to see the Pre/LE features. The sarcophagus is cool as hell.

Do you think the ball release for Sarcophagus multiball will be manual like it is on Archer? -basically you slam the captive ball to knock the balls out of the back. Or do you think they will release some other way? I know the balls will lock in via the left ramp (via diverter) but I'm also assuming they'll lock somehow using the subway under the lift ramp? Curious to see how it all works once we see pics of the LE/Premium.

#2945 6 years ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

Connector in hand is maiden. Plugged in is guardians. Looks the same. Hmm.

Jim, thanks for keeping us updated on your shaker install problems. I've got a shaker on order and hoping that the shaker is actually programmed into the game and able to work under the current code and that are games are able to use shakers without extra caps for the node boards?

#2946 6 years ago

I heard that all LE’s are sold for the US market? My local distributor tells me there’re still LE’s available for the European market.

Not interested in an LE myself (looking for a pro maybe) by might it be interesting enough for US/CAN collectors if I’d buy one and ship it overseas for them?

#2947 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Do you think the ball release for Sarcophagus multiball will be manual like it is on Archer? -basically you slam the captive ball to knock the balls out of the back. Or do you think they will release some other way? I know the balls will lock in via the left ramp (via diverter) but I'm also assuming they'll lock somehow using the subway under the lift ramp? Curious to see how it all works once we see pics of the LE/Premium.

I may be wrong, but I thought I heard Keith say (maybe on the C2C podcast again) that they somehow go into the underworld scoop under the center ramp for ejection to start multiball.

#2948 6 years ago

I would think its necessary to dump the locked balls at the end of the game like every other Stern so I'm sure there is some way to clear them out of the captive ball area.

Quoted from jeffsarcade:

I may be wrong, but I thought I heard Keith say (maybe on the C2C podcast again) that they somehow go into the underworld scoop under the center ramp for ejection to start multiball.

#2949 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Obviously, this is subjective BUT not a chance. I got to play Iron Maiden this week for 60 minutes. The world under glass aspect of Iron Maiden is better that Metallica. Met is great but Maiden has soooo much more going on under the glass and the overall art and theme integration is far better. Just my opinion over course.

#2950 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I would think its necessary to dump the locked balls at the end of the game like every other Stern so I'm sure there is some way to clear them out of the captive ball area.

Good point. They must lower down into the underworld scoop as Jeffsarcade mentioned and then maybe eject via a vuk up to the back of the playfield between the 2 divertors where they are held for multiball? In Archer the balls went from a subway and ejected out of the lower left scoop there's no scoop in IMDN.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.50
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/59?hl=flex_in_aus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.