20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 144.
#2851 6 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Am I the only one who doesn’t care about what artwork is going to be on the LE? Totally don’t give a rats, I just want it in the games room.

Sort of defeats the point of getting an LE.

#2852 6 years ago
Quoted from Monte:

I played this. Phenomenal. It will go down as one of the best pinball machines by Stern. The only gripe, the animation graphics of the LCD are inconsistent in resolution. The animation of mummy lock looks like a ps4. The flight of Icarus looks like it’s from Nintendo.

The inconsistency of the animation quality isn't as off-putting as the static text, but I totally hear you. It really needs some motion graphics to give the words punch and energy.

That's like, the only gripe I have about this game.

#2853 6 years ago
Quoted from Monte:

I played this. Phenomenal. It will go down as one of the best pinball machines by Stern. The only gripe, the animation graphics of the LCD are inconsistent in resolution. The animation of mummy lock looks like a ps4. The flight of Icarus looks like it’s from Nintendo.

Exacly what i also think. Hope they get this fixed

#2854 6 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Am I the only one who doesn’t care about what artwork is going to be on the LE? Totally don’t give a rats, I just want it in the games room.

I believe the LE will look amazing! Remember the band is keeping 50 LE’s and who knows more about kick ass Maiden art than IMDN. No way they are going to put out a weak art package on the flagship model, especially considering that it had to be approved by the band and they are gunna be sitting on 50 games!

#2855 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I believe the LE will look amazing! Remember the band is keeping 50 LE’s and who knows more about kick ass Maiden art than IMDN. No way they are going to put out a weak art package on the flagship model, especially considering that it had to be approved by the band and they are gunna be sitting on 50 games!

I have no doubt the LE will look phenomenal! I talked to Zombie Yeti at MGC and asked him what his favorite art package was of the 3 and he said the LE. He wouldn't give me any details but I'm sure you guys are in for a treat!

As far as the 50 games for the band thing goes I don't think the band will be sitting on them and giving them all away to friends and family. Chances are these will be sold to fans at a later date through non standard distribution channels as has been done in the past by other band machines. I remember Metallica had 50 LE's held back for the Metallica Fan club and KISS had 50 that they signed and sold (at an inflated price) directly to fans. I think the 50 games is just a way to make sure that some of the games make it to the Iron Maiden fans that aren't pinball guys which would have been left out in the dark otherwise for the LE.

#2856 6 years ago

Maiden fans can buy a pro or premium any time they want. Not having an LE model to choose from should not be a problem imo, because not many fans can afford $9k+. Once band adds some swag, these game will probably be $10k anyways. Reality is it was part of the deal and paperwork is signed, so we live with it.

#2857 6 years ago
Quoted from Monte:

Which Nintendo?

#2858 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

and KISS had 50 that they signed and sold (at an inflated price) directly to fans.

...and they sold all of 4, had 46 remaining on their website for 2 years, and then had to remove them entirely in embarrassment. No idea where they went, but certainly not to paying fans willing to pay thousands more for a signed index card shoved into an apron.

#2859 6 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

...and they sold all of 4, had 46 remaining on their website for 2 years, and then had to remove them entirely in embarrassment. No idea where they went, but certainly not to paying fans willing to pay thousands more for a signed index card shoved into an apron.

Really? Wow! I never heard that. That's the cost of greed for you, eh Gene? I wonder where the rest went. You know Gene Simmons wouldn't give a flyer away for free.

#2860 6 years ago

Maiden has said that they will have IMDN pins in their VIP tent during the upcoming tour. Not sure if an LE is really the proper game for that setting but it could be the answer.

#2861 6 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

Really? Wow! I never heard that. That's the cost of greed for you, eh Gene? I wonder where the rest went. You know Gene Simmons wouldn't give a flyer away for free.

My guess is that they went back to Stern and were silently released to distributors. Coin Taker had LEs on their website until recently.

#2862 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Maiden has said that they will have IMDN pins in their VIP tent during the upcoming tour. Not sure if an LE is really the proper game for that setting but it could be the answer.

They'll probably have 1 set up available to play with a sign letting the fans know where they can order one for $12K.

#2863 6 years ago
Quoted from Monte:

Icarus part is maybe assets ripped from the mobile game...

#2864 6 years ago

The prem/le wait is killing meeeeee !

#2865 6 years ago

No kidding. Cmon already. We're all dying for pics here. Pretty convinced I'm in for the Premium but still would like to see pics first....for Peace of Mind

#2866 6 years ago

Oops...meant Piece of Mind!

#2867 6 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

I don't either. I look at it like this. Eddie looks great on the pro. I love Maiden and the art they have done on their album covers (I realize not everyone likes all of the covers). Since Maiden are the ones approving the album artwork, and I love that, I'm not worried about the LE or Premium because they have to approve those. I'm sure it will look good. Also, I love good art, but to me game play is number one.

#2868 6 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

I don't either. I look at it like this. Eddie looks great on the pro. I love Maiden and the art they have done on their album covers (I realize not everyone likes all of the covers). Since Maiden are the ones approving the album artwork, and I love that, I'm not worried about the LE or Premium because they have to approve those. I'm sure it will look good. Also, I love good art, but to me game play is number one.

Totally agree with you... which might explain the long delay in showing the LE and Prem.

#2869 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Totally agree with you... which might explain the long delay in showing the LE and Prem.

I think so. Elwin said at MGC they were still waiting for approval. Maiden might ask for a small change, then ZY does it, then it goes to the band and they ask for something else or another change. I'm sure it's a long process, but I think it will be done very soon.

#2870 6 years ago

Played at MGC a few games on it and was really impressed. Did anybody feel the game was a bit easy? It seemed that way to me.

#2871 6 years ago

Not really a fan of the powerslave art so if anyone can point me in the direction of a available LE (doubtful I know). Would love to upgrade but hey my own fault for not securing one years ago when Stern first got the license. Just thought I was done with pinball collecting.

#2872 6 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Not really a fan of the powerslave art so if anyone can point me in the direction of a available LE (doubtful I know). Would love to upgrade but hey my own fault for not securing one years ago when Stern first got the license. Just thought I was done with pinball collecting.

Look up the distributors on Stern's list and email all of them and ask to get on their cancellation list. That's what I did, and I received about 4 offers within a week. Seeing that the price is so high and the reveal has not happened, I'd say your chances are good.

Jon Kleiman at Pioneer Sales, WI, had one, and his service is great. It's probably gone though. As I said, 15 minutes of emailing will likely get you an LE. It will be worth it, if you ask me.

#2873 6 years ago

Hurry, hurry get your Iron Maiden machine bling! Keychains look great!

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/hitlist.asp?searchfield=Iron%20Maiden%20&eeshop=

A1F36FAA-40A1-4FF5-8CB2-A5402C2BAA8A (resized).jpegA1F36FAA-40A1-4FF5-8CB2-A5402C2BAA8A (resized).jpeg

#2874 6 years ago

$13 for a keychain is a little crazy. $4 is my limit for pin keychains.

#2875 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

$13 for a keychain is a little crazy. $4 is my limit for pin keychains.

But, but when you own a Woz and Kiss Le. I mean... oh, never mind!

#2876 6 years ago
Quoted from Monte:

But, but when you own a Woz and Kiss Le. I mean... oh, never mind!

That's HOW I got them. Being cheap in stuff that doesn't matter. Like keychains.

#2877 6 years ago

Thanks for the savings info Suze, imagine what you would save buying a pro or used machine. Just sayin’

#2878 6 years ago
Quoted from Monte:

Thanks for the savings info Suze, imagine what you would save buying a pro or used machine. Just sayin’

KISS LE and WoZ were both used and essentially perfect. Got the WoZ in a cash + trade that had a value of $3k total on my side. How's that for pinching a penny?

#2879 6 years ago

U da Man !! Smooooch!

#2880 6 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Played at MGC a few games on it and was really impressed. Did anybody feel the game was a bit easy? It seemed that way to me.

That's what's great about games with quick progression and lots of breadth; set them up harder. Open the outlanes, put REVIVE to extra hard; hell, throw some lightning flippers on. Games that are linear and deep are a little rougher to setup harder cause then you start getting in repetition la la land and it still takes a 20 minute game to open up the wizard modes.

Now keep in mind this is all speculation for IMDN on whether it works or not but that's my plan if it's as easy as some claim it to be.

#2881 6 years ago

Well i finally got to play Iron Maiden today. All i can say is.......Dark Knight for Stern my Ass Haters, ha ha haaa!! For all of you guys that are getting one and havent played it yet, you are in for a BIG surprise! This game is absolutely kick MF’in Ass!! I’m going to just say it now, HOME RUN BOYS! I can say that because that’s exactly what this game is. Lets just go ahead and call it a Grand Slam! Great job Stern and Kieth Elwin!

#2882 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well i finally got to play Iron Maiden today. All i can say is.......Dark Knight for Stern my Ass Haters, ha ha haaa!! For all of you guys that are getting one and havent played it yet, you are in for a BIG surprise! This game is absolutely kick MF’in Ass!! I’m going to just say it now, HOME RUN BOYS! I can say that because that’s exactly what this game is. Lets just go ahead and call it a Grand Slam! Great job Stern and Kieth Elwin!

better than MET?

#2883 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

As have the fans of the Jonas Brothers, Limp Bizkit, Michael Jackson, Justin Bieber, and Vanilla Ice. Don't get me wrong, I am happy that people are getting a dream theme, just don't expect the rest of us to somehow develop a taste for the band just because there is a pinball machine. That said, this looks like a great game with great art, so I would have no problem buying one knowing that I can easily replace every single song in it. This game in particular lends itself for that idea more than say Aerosmith or especially KISS, because the artwork on those is more indelibly tied to the band.
Someone needs to make a splinter thread of a suggested new song list. To me Ozzie, Black Sabbath and Deep Purple would fit the theme and artwork fine. I might even suggest slipping in a Hendrix song or three.

Did you seriously just lump Michael Jackson in with those other four acts?

Shame! Shame! Shame!

#2884 6 years ago

I cant say yay or nay on that because I obviously didn’t even scratch the surface of the game. All i know is that it is an amazing game and a ton of fun to play. I feel the same way about MET as well. I cant tell you which one is better but i can tell you this much, for anyone that is fortunate enough to own one they are going to be very happy with it and for people fortunate enough to own both of them they are going to be really really happy! Iron Maiden shoots extremely good. Its smooth as butter except for the right ramp, its a little tough. I was playing the mode where you shoot down the planes and what a rush that is, fun as hell!

#2885 6 years ago

I love the layout on Metallica for a two flipper pin, curious to play Maiden this week.

#2886 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Congrats, Who-Dey. You've been active in this thread for weeks, so it's good to hear you finally got to play it. I finally played it, too, and I played quite poorly, frankly. I didn't make a single left ramp or inner loop, and I started perhaps one multi-ball. Of course, I'm fairly unskilled in general.

#2887 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Congrats, Who-Dey. You've been active in this thread for weeks, so it's good to hear you finally got to play it. I finally played it, too, and I played quite poorly, frankly. I didn't make a single left ramp or inner loop, and I started perhaps one multi-ball. Of course, I'm fairly unskilled in general.

I didnt play all that great either believe me lol. I forgot to mention that the left ramp is a bitch also but EXTREMELY satisfying when you make it!

#2888 6 years ago

Tomorrow marks three weeks since the Pro reveal. Stern seems to like Tuesday for significant developments/announcements for IMDN. Is tomorrow going to be the day? Premium/LE, come on down?

#2889 6 years ago

Tomorrow marks three weeks since the Pro reveal. Stern seems to like Tuesday for significant developments/announcements for IMDN. Is tomorrow going to be the day? Premium/LE, come on down?

Come on Stern let’s see it!

66C07372-8C0B-488F-A076-8D7BF49875E8 (resized).jpeg66C07372-8C0B-488F-A076-8D7BF49875E8 (resized).jpeg

#2890 6 years ago

Is tomorrow going to be the day? Premium/LE, come on down?

Here"s hoping so!

#2891 6 years ago

Played me some Maiden tonight and let me officially say: it knocked my dick into the dirt! Fantastic layout and pretty sweet rules out of the gate. Video and animations definitely need work, but that will come in time. Ball times are fairly long, but can probably be shortened by tweaking outlines and pitch. Theme isn’t a hit for me personally, but it will not disappoint those who have it on order. Hell, I’m even thinking about picking one up.

#2892 6 years ago

Man I’m trying to be patient but I may have to pull the trigger on the pro, the wait for the premium is killing me

#2893 6 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Man I’m trying to be patient but I may have to pull the trigger on the pro, the wait for the premium is killing me

Just wait for the premium. It will be worth the wait. Play the pro on location until the premium arrives.

#2894 6 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Just wait for the premium. It will be worth the wait.

This is where I’m at. I have the green light on this title and am ready to order now, but I want to see the premium artwork and some game play to make sure the extra $1,600 is really worth it.

#2895 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

This is where I’m at. I have the green light on this title and am ready to order now, but I want to see the premium artwork and some game play to make sure the extra $1,600 is really worth it.

I really think it will be. I’ve got an LE on order.

#2896 6 years ago

Anyone know where there are any Pro's on Location in the SF/Bay Area?

#2897 6 years ago

Premium with all the features that Keith originally envisioned will be awesome ...plus the powerslave artwork will be the icing on the cake. Bye bye potc le order....

#2898 6 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Definitely wait buddy, it won't be much longer until they reveal the premium. You may as well get the one that you want the most because if you don't you will be sick. Great great game though, good times are in store for you!

#2899 6 years ago
Quoted from redlines:

Anyone know where there are any Pro's on Location in the SF/Bay Area?

I would be shocked if Free Gold Watch didn't get one soon.

#2900 6 years ago

While we're waiting on Sterns art work, take a lot at some of the original artists work.
http://www.derekriggs.com/

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Williamsburg, VA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/58?hl=flipsmcgee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.