20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 144.
#2752 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Aerosmith works but Iron Maiden let you down? Kiss? Come on man.

Exactly what I was thinking

#2753 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Aerosmith works but Iron Maiden let you down? Kiss? Come on man.

The layout is so cool I may just force myself to listen to enough Iron Maiden until I like them!

Oh, on the pro is the ball supposed to stick or pass through what appears to be a shot off the backboard from the jump ramp?

#2754 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The layout is so cool I may just force myself to listen to enough Iron Maiden until I like them!
Oh, on the pro is the ball supposed to stick or pass through what appears to be a shot off the backboard from the jump ramp?

Just hit it and drop into a loop

#2755 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I'm feelin pretty helpful today so thought I would share, what I think, would work very well in place of "Flight of Icarus" for you non-Maiden fans. Very similar lyrics and melody.
» YouTube video

"That's my jam" As I wipe my eyes with a sanitary napkin.

#2756 6 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Fuck em'. If that's all they can muster up against IMDN, their argument is about as strong as wet toilet paper.

Exactly the way I feel .40 fkn years of touring and albums tell me different. No one even close, Led Zep, Beatles, Hendrix....... would love to see how they fare after almost 4 decades of being a complete band, cranking out tunes and touring. Hell .... none of them even exist anymore. IMDN has not conformed to popular opinion and keeps cranking out the music and theatrics that made them who they are today.

Im so glad Stern seen this and gave the band the respect they deserve along with innovative design from a new designer.

#2757 6 years ago

L.E. 161 in Italy

#2758 6 years ago
Quoted from Teo76:

L.E. 161 in Italy

Pics or it did not happen...

#2759 6 years ago
Quoted from Teo76:

L.E. 161 in Italy

I'm excited for you, but please show us some photos. As you can probably guess, we in the States are some curious to see what the LE looks like!

#2760 6 years ago
Quoted from Teo76:

L.E. 161 in Italy

Thats crazy considering no pics have even been shown.....

#2761 6 years ago

Scream for me POTC pre-order customers!!!

075057B3-9A0F-4BA4-9365-3E5B654C633D (resized).jpeg075057B3-9A0F-4BA4-9365-3E5B654C633D (resized).jpeg
Who knew this illustration (when it came out) would be a perfect depiction of how Pinside’s pinball purchasing would go down in the distant year of 2018...

#2762 6 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

I know im thinking about it

#2763 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

ACDC and Metallica will likely always be Sterns top music pins followed by KISS and Aerosmith. I just don't see Iron Maiden long term being as appealing to as many people as Sterns past 4 music pins. I wish Stern would have saved this layout for a different theme

Sorry dude like all maiden haters you are simply “NOT KNOWING”

90C6C830-EE6A-449C-B51D-F2E4C34A7DB6 (resized).png90C6C830-EE6A-449C-B51D-F2E4C34A7DB6 (resized).png

#2764 6 years ago

So I played this last night at Portal Pinball Arcade in the Atlanta area... and it’s as awesome as reported. The is a massive amount of detail in the code and the layout is very well thought out. Just really fun to shoot.

Tons of callouts, you always know what to do. In the mode there you alternate ramp shots, if the left ramp is hit twice, the girls says “your other right”. Love it.

#2765 6 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Pics or it did not happen...

I think he is just saying he ordered an LE, it's number 161, and it's going to Italy!

Want to see the LE side art. It's already been shown on the banner.
It's the green spitfire with Eddie piloting it. Without the trooper Eddie in front

received_2171213622905786 (resized).jpegreceived_2171213622905786 (resized).jpeg

#2766 6 years ago

Worst drawn Spitfire ever...and I don't care, give me my LE

#2767 6 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Worst drawn Spitfire ever...and I don't care, give me my LE

Double seater
Ailerons as thick as bricks
Spinner too small
TigerMoth rudder
Canopy front twisted
Pilot too small
HotWheels propeller

Let's go

#2768 6 years ago

mdn (resized).jpgmdn (resized).jpg

#2769 6 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

We went live with some game play on Facebook. Here is the footage, sweet game! Enjoy
https://www.facebook.com/GAP198/videos/10214427291067653/?fref=mentions

It wants me to sign up to watch your video. Why not post it to twitch or youtube? We don't have Facebook, never will, and aren't alone.

#2771 6 years ago

L.E. #26 locked in for Colorado!

IMG_5315 (resized).PNGIMG_5315 (resized).PNG

#2772 6 years ago
Quoted from theironmaiden:

You're starting to worry me.

Is this image going to be any part of the backglass/cabinet art?

#2773 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

You're starting to worry me.
Is this image going to be any part of the backglass/cabinet art?

Powerslave is the rumor I heard. Not sure what that means though. Haha

#2774 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Powerslave is the rumor I heard. Not sure what that means though. Haha

I'll be relieved if you're right, as Satan here looks like a prancing satyr and the Mummy looks like a Bolshoi dancer.

No thanks!

#2775 6 years ago

I'll be relieved if you're right, as Satan here looks like a prancing satyr and the Mummy looks a Bolshoi dancer.
No thanks!

Powerslave is the Prem art. LE art is supposed to have Eddie piloting a plane, but no idea on the "battle" backglass.

#2776 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Powerslave is the Prem art. LE art is supposed to have Eddie piloting a plane, but no idea on the "battle" backglass.

You know, your post, for the first time since I first read Stern's feature matrix, has me rethinking "battle."

I was thinking battlefield, not battle, and that is likely a mistake. I was thinking of the Trooper on his battlefield, but now I'm thinking more of Eddie's soul-shard-recapturing odyssey and the battles necessary along the way, etc. My concern then is that the art above would play into that notion deftly, and that worries me. (Still!)

#2777 6 years ago

You know, your post, for the first time since I first read Stern's feature matrix, has me rethinking "battle."
I was thinking battlefield, not battle, and that is likely a mistake. I was thinking of the Trooper on his battlefield, but now I'm thinking more of Eddie's soul-shard-recapturing odyssey and the battles necessary along the way, etc. My concern then is that the art above would play into that notion deftly, and that worries me. (Still!)

Me too. But Powerslave for me as a theme is a slam dunk, so no worries there.

#2778 6 years ago

I was thinking battlefield, not battle, and that is likely a mistake.

The feature matrix does say "battlefield" themed cabinet art on the LE, so I would think its more the trooper theme and not the pilot. For me, poweslave is the cabinet/translite theme I would be wanting as it seems more cohesive with the playfield. I'm already thinking powerslave with gold mirror blades is going to look pretty bad ass. At least if it looks like what my imagination sees.

#2779 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I hope the LE is NOT Eddie piloting a plane... ZERO interest in that...

I was hoping Battlefield would be just that, a Battlefield Trooper not air to air combat, ACM... This is the issue with having to preorder blindly without seeing it... Should be full reveals of all 3 models at the same time.

This happened with GOTG LE I bought blind and although the gold looks good it would have been nice to know ahead of time..........

#2780 6 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Who knew this illustration (when it came out) would be a perfect depiction of how Pinside’s pinball purchasing would go down in the distant year of 2018...

Shit, JJPOTC is probably still at least 6 months away. Stern will be on to a couple more titles such as Deadpool, Elvira, etc. by then.

#2781 6 years ago

Thr premium powerslave art is gonna be great imo... will fit the playfield nicely.

#2782 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

I hope the LE is NOT Eddie piloting a plane... ZERO interest in that...
I was hoping Battlefield would be just that, a Battlefield Trooper not air to air combat, ACM... This is the issue with having to preorder blindly without seeing it... Should be full reveals of all 3 models at the same time.
This happened with GOTG LE I bought blind and although the gold looks good it would have been nice to know ahead of time..........

A number of people have supposedly seen the LE and say it has some version of the art of Eddie in the plane shown in the background of the banner pic in this post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/56#post-4338545

We'll soon see. Powerslave art on the Prem sounds like a better bet, especially if the backglass looks like the album cover.

#2783 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Thr premium powerslave art is gonna be great imo... will fit the playfield nicely.

TOTALLY agree!

#2784 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

A number of people have supposedly seen the LE and say it has some version of the art of Eddie in the plane shown in the background of the banner pic in this post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/56#post-4338545
We'll soon see.

The mirrored effect supposed to look really nice.

The LE is just going to be a massive home run.

#2785 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

A number of people have supposedly seen the LE and say it has some version of the art of Eddie in the plane shown in the background of the banner pic in this post

Yikes! Lets hope not. I'm not in on an LE, but I would rather it not be that if I was.

#2786 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

We'll soon see. Powerslave art on the Prem sounds like a better bet, especially if the backglass looks like the album cover.

The plane in the background would be kewl imo (small). I was having visions of Eddie sitting in the cockpit front and center.

I'm sure it will badass....

#2787 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

The plane in the background would be kewl imo (small). I was having visions of Eddie sitting in the cockpit front and center.

I'm assuming the plane will be on the cabinet side(s) and some kind of battle on the backglass (hopefully not the official legacy of the beast art), but we'll know soon enough for sure.

#2788 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Guys and gals, this is Zombie Yeti we are talking about. Of course it will be badass!!

#2789 6 years ago

My guess, and the fact that the LE comes with metallic red rails/legs etc... (doesn't really match a camo plane, and the fact that the machine is based on the comics which are in part based on the video game where Eddie battles the Devil for shards, make it seem possible that Steve Harris would want to showcase the entire battle on the LE machine. Would look pretty great with the red metal. No matter what it is though it will be a phenomenal piece to add to this life long Maiden fan.

IMG_5307 (resized).JPGIMG_5307 (resized).JPG

IMG_5313 (resized).JPGIMG_5313 (resized).JPG

IMG_5306 (resized).PNGIMG_5306 (resized).PNG

#2790 6 years ago

I really like the Eddie in the plane art.

#2791 6 years ago

Dumb question but is the sound in stereo?

#2792 6 years ago

Looking forward to playing this! Pic unrelated

aces-high-55ad6012261e2 (resized).jpgaces-high-55ad6012261e2 (resized).jpg

#2793 6 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

Yes all spike system games are stereo.

#2794 6 years ago
Quoted from flerp:

A full on Aces High theme for the LE with that backglass, the plane on the side, and olive powdercoating would have been awesome.

#2795 6 years ago
Quoted from flerp:

The rules on that mode are really good. I love the three stages with shooting down the planes...then the bombers locking on first then shooting the center target....then having to lock on that roving Ace plane with a 5 second timer before he breaks off. I think that's going to be my personal favorite mode.

#2796 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

A full on Aces High theme for the LE with that backglass, the plane on the side, and olive powdercoating would have been awesome.

100% agree. It would need to have the olive armor for sure. It will probably be a VE someday.

#2797 6 years ago

My guess, and the fact that the LE comes with metallic red rails/legs etc... (doesn't really match a camo plane, and the fact that the machine is based on the comics which are in part based on the video game where Eddie battles the Devil for shards, make it seem possible that Steve Harris would want to showcase the entire battle on the LE machine. <snip>

Good points. Still, a "battlefield" is a battlefield. The art above, while a great representation of the Legacy of the Beast theme, isn't a battlefield. I don't know which way to lean here.

Do we know anything more about just who might have seen the LE? Would it have been someone at Stern's factory?

#2798 6 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

You know what, this is *not* a dumb question at all. All of my experimentation with Pinball Browser taught me that audio files are converted to mono before they can be added to the code. I remember taking alternate audio from the web, adjusting it in Audacity, and then adding it to my revised code via Pinball Browser. In every case, the result was sub-par when I heard those same files during gameplay. Monaural is pooh.

Still, IMNDLE touts a JBL audio upgrade, suggesting stereo power/brilliance, etc.

I'm trying to recall if IMDN Pro on location here made good use of stereo separation. I don't think it did, but if it were truly mono it would have sounded awful - and it did not.

#2799 6 years ago

You know what, this is *not* a dumb question at all. All of my experimentation with Pinball Browser taught me that audio files are converted to mono before they can be added to the code. I remember taking alternate audio from the web, adjusting it in Audacity, and then adding it to my revised code via Pinball Browser. In every case, the result was sub-par when I heard those same files during gameplay. Monaural is pooh.
Still, IMNDLE touts a JBL audio upgrade, suggesting stereo power/brilliance, etc.
I'm trying to recall if IMDN Pro on location here made good use of stereo separation. I don't think it did, but if it were truly mono it would have sounded awful - and it did not.

AFAIK, Spike2 is SUPPOSED to be proper 2.1. However, whether the files themselves are appropriate, or appropriately processed by the system I do not know.

#2800 6 years ago

What did it cost to pick your number?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Trade
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Wanted
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/56?hl=fantarama and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.