20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 144.
#2651 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The two post and transfer system feels like one of those innovations that just every game should have going forward...

I’m sorry but could you explain that? Not sure what you mean with “post and transfer system”. Thanks!

#2652 6 years ago

I assume he's referring to the two up posts in the upper left loop that act as a diverter/ball "lock"

#2653 6 years ago

I am in for a Premium! I was told by the distributor that the Premiums will ship at the end of May.

#2654 6 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

Is there one on location in northern va?

It will be at carpool in fairfax soon!! Likely to be moved this weekend. Watch for a launch party announcement very soon!

#2655 6 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

I’m sorry but could you explain that? Not sure what you mean with “post and transfer system”. Thanks!

The game has two pop up posts that not only act as temporary holds for balls, they also act as diverters and can redirect a ball from one path to another. This combined with the ball paths means a ball can enter one orbit and change direction and exit another.

#2656 6 years ago

I just got a call from my distributor and he said tomorrow will be pick up day for pros and wanted to know if I wanted the last pro or a premium on the second batch. I wish I could see the premium soon so I can decide. He also said he had a LE customer back out and has one available.

#2657 6 years ago

Buy all three and decide after.

Quoted from Wildbill327:

I just got a call from my distributor and he said tomorrow will be pick up day for pros and wanted to know if I wanted the last pro or a premium on the second batch. I wish I could see the premium soon so I can decide. He also said he had a LE customer back out and has one available.

#2658 6 years ago

Hard to commit to a premium or LE without at least seeing it, let along playing it.

#2659 6 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Buy all three and decide after.

If I did that stern would have to send a coffin with the shipment

#2660 6 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

I thought that I’ve noticed durin Deadflip’s stream that the inserts in front of the ramps were RGB in the Pro. So they’ll be RGB in the Prem/LE as well.

From the looks of the game there are no clear inserts really on the playfield? So i dont think there are rgb lights...

#2661 6 years ago

Put several hours on the game at superelectric today. I'm by no means a maiden fan but the music certainly lends itself to pinball and I found several i could enjoy. The game is just awesome. The shot variety, the shot smoothness, the speed, the rules, the art, the fun factor, such well thought out modes, etc. It is literally one of the best games I've played in a very long time. I'm shocked in every way by the release.

Here's some minor nuances that I noticed

When you plunge the skill shot, you get 1 try, you can still keep ball save on short plunges and drain over and over but no second try at the skill shot- great code detail

That flasher mounted upside down is great, it keeps from blinding you but flashes the field

Mini flipper up loops give less points- another great detail

The modes without multiball allow you to still get multiball to help you finish them- again great code detail

What does the game need? The display font should be the maiden font, more animations with better smoothing.

Edit: forgot to add, the game is so fast, I hope the premium toys don't slow it down

#2662 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

From the looks of the game there are no clear inserts really on the playfield? So i dont think there are rgb lights...

Read the Ruleset! "Can I play with madness" is a whole mode around the rgb inserts. And I can't wait to play it!!!!!!

http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/games/iron-maiden/pro/IM%20Backstage%20Pass%20Rules.pdf

#2663 6 years ago

looks like there may be 7 or 8 white inserts after looking at the close up pics? Was hard to tell bc of the art on them. Wonder y its not mentioned in the feature matrix? Stern always mentions the smallest of things in that and rgb inserts are a pretty cool feature. It be awesome if the premium has all rgb inserts.

#2664 6 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Read the Ruleset! "Can I play with madness" is a whole mode around the rgb inserts. And I can't wait to play it!!!!!!
http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/games/iron-maiden/pro/IM%20Backstage%20Pass%20Rules.pdf

Maybe someone who has played it can awnser. I sure hope it has some .

#2665 6 years ago

In the stream of the game you can see the rgb inserts too. 1:36:32

Shoot the orange arrows.

#2666 6 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

In the stream of the game you can see the rgb inserts too. 1:36:32 » YouTube video
Shoot the orange arrows.

Cool ... hope the premium has all rgb ....

#2667 6 years ago

All of the large arrows and some of the small ones are RGB. Basically every "shot"

#2668 6 years ago
Quoted from nikpinball:

All of the large arrows and some of the small ones are RGB. Basically every "shot"

Thanks...

#2669 6 years ago

Here’s Coolpinballdino setting the GC at Stonehedge in Akron!

736CE405-6C8B-4169-818C-7B63573C698D (resized).jpeg736CE405-6C8B-4169-818C-7B63573C698D (resized).jpeg

#2670 6 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Here’s coolpinballdino setting the GC at Stonehedge in Akron!

I really enjoyed it very fun game i put up 652 million.

IMG_20180412_205640767 (resized).jpgIMG_20180412_205640767 (resized).jpg

#2671 6 years ago
Quoted from bowz:

Hard to commit to a premium or LE without at least seeing it, let along playing it.

Wasn’t hard at all.

#2672 6 years ago

Atta boy kid! You got a bright future ahead of ya...nice job.

#2673 6 years ago

I am on a list for a LE. Cause I realy like Iron Maiden and for me the layout looks awesome and the rules should be fun. But there is something wrong here! Normaly EVERY game I buy no matter how good it is and how much I like it, there are people complaining about this or that. The only negative things I found so far are people that don't like Iron Maiden as a band and so they don't like the music. Come on, this is pinside!!!!!! All this love for a game is unreal. Where are the haters that tell me that the playfield is empty, the art is bad, the rules are boring......just something I can fight against???? All I hear is that it playes awesome!!! It frightens me.....there must be something wrong. Hello? I am buying this game, where are the negative comments about how bad it is? Or am I trapped in the twilight zone?

#2674 6 years ago

Played it again and I put 693 million I made it to two minutes to midnight extremely cool mode some cool animations. All I needed was a super Jackpot in mummy multiball and I would have had number of the beast lit.

IMG_20180412_223347322 (resized).jpgIMG_20180412_223347322 (resized).jpg

#2675 6 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

I am on a list for a LE. Cause I realy like Iron Maiden and for me the layout looks awesome and the rules should be fun. But there is something wrong here! Normaly EVERY game I buy no matter how good it is and how much I like it, there are people complaining about this or that. The only negative things I found so far are people that don't like Iron Maiden as a band and so they don't like the music. Come on, this is pinside!!!!!! All this love for a game is unreal. Where are the haters that tell me that the playfield is empty, the art is bad, the rules are boring......just something I can fight against???? All I hear is that it playes awesome!!! It frightens me.....there must be something wrong. Hello? I am buying this game, where are the negative comments about how bad it is? Or am I trapped in the twilight zone?

I can whip something up if you need the negative reinforcement.

#2676 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Maybe someone who has played it can awnser. I sure hope it has some .

The main shot arrows are color changing on the pro. You can see this particularly when Elwin explains the jackpots in multiball and you can see them change based on their multiplier. They also change to match the mode, for combos, etc.

They start white to spell Eddie

#2677 6 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

So far there is nothing to dislike

This certainly appears to be a hands down hit.

Stern still have a long way to go and have to pull some punches to get the Premium and LE to be monster hits !

I really hope they got their QC in order and have addressed Spike.

Looking good so far Stern !

I don't think we will see a Hitler video on this one

There will be complaints down the track. I am hoping only a little constructive feedback will be warranted

Lets hope for a 10/10 for this one !

tz (resized).jpgtz (resized).jpg

#2678 6 years ago

one thing that is great about Stern is they reveal a new game, and then ship quickly.....unlike all of the other manufacturers....nice to have the capacity to manufacture....

#2679 6 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

The prices suck. The LCD is pretty bland especially the text. That’s all I got.

#2680 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The LCD is pretty bland especially the text.

Bingo

#2681 6 years ago

RGB LED’s is very good news!

#2682 6 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Hey, I think I noticed a dimple in the playfield during the live stream... LOL

#2683 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The prices suck. The LCD is pretty bland especially the text. That’s all I got.

100% agree about the text. Like I get that it ultimately it probably has to do with readability, but come on. Ariel, New Times Roman, etc is not metal ! At least do something a bit more creative ! Nitpicking? Absolutely, but for like +/-7k you bet your ass Im going to critique fonts.

#2684 6 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

LCD animations need a bit more work. Wish the fonts were a bit less bland and more maideny. That's all I got.

Remember this is not really a purely Stern game but rather something born out of pure love for the artform far away from accountants, deadlines and corporate concerns. Then skinned by best artist and more of best of what Stern can offer and you get something very unique and special here. This is why you are seeing unique reactions to this game.

#2685 6 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

100% agree about the text. Like I get that it ultimately it probably has to do with readability, but come on. Ariel, New Times Roman, etc is not metal ! At least do something a bit more creative ! Nitpicking? Absolutely, but for like +/-7k you bet your ass Im going to critique fonts.

A heavy metal Maiden-appropriate font would be much better and still plenty legible.

Just changing out the message text to something more metal-like makes it 100% better. I understand about leaving the tiny text Arial-ish for legibility, but the large messages and possibly the score numbers should be more metal, for sure.

And why not theme the game even more? Why "Player 1", "Player 2", "Player 3", "Player 4" etc? Why not "Headbanger 1" "Poser 2", "Rocker 3", "Mosher 4"? Have a bunch of synonyms that are theme-appropriate and let the game pick one at random to apply to the player tag. Never been done to my knowledge, and this would be the perfect place for it.

Here's a quick example I did with just the message text and main score made more metal (but I think all the scores should be the metal font, too):

maiden-compare (resized).jpgmaiden-compare (resized).jpg

#2686 6 years ago

Reading and following along with scoring and text on stern LCDs have been issue (to me); I think they got it right this time round. Simple is better for those of us that can glance up at the display while we play. IMO.

#2687 6 years ago

I think it's possible to do both. Nice and readable and yet with a bit of metal style. Agree they can't go overboard - there is a happy medium here. These fonts exist, they just need to have someone with a bit more nuanced eye take a look at this.

#2688 6 years ago

the Iron Maiden font is unreadable, is cool when you know it reads "iron maiden" but... well, take a look http://www.1001fonts.com/iron-maiden-fonts.html?text=thisfontishardtoread
not saying that the font could not be improved, sure it could, not with the iron maiden one thought.

Quoted from Aurich:

The prices suck.

the pro is cheaper than a TNA, just saying.

#2689 6 years ago

Agree making everything full maiden font is probably overboard - there are other fonts much more readable with just a bit of metal to them - just not Times Roman for gods sake.

#2690 6 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

I am buying this game, where are the negative comments about how bad it is? Or am I trapped in the twilight zone?

Hear you but dont worry, Pinside is still all roses and candy until artwork is revealed and the value debate starts between pros v Prem/LE gameplay.
Enjoy the honeymoon, more importantly enjoy the game!

#2691 6 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Give it time. The haters have not really had a chance to say anything negative yet as they are too scared.. Too many pinsiders talking the game up. Wait until some one posts a photo of their chipped playfield and 20 other haters say that is their playfield... blah blah blah same shit, different title. It is going to happen sometime soon.

Congrats on your LE! I think game will be awesome. I am looking forward to seeing the LE and premiums.

#2692 6 years ago
Quoted from fantarama:

the pro is cheaper than a TNA, just saying.

I’m just waiting for the pathetic argument that used to accompany a JJP release that “JJP are responsible for Sterns price increases because they showed them what the market would accept.”

In this case we can now substitute “JJP” with “TNA”.

#2693 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The main shot arrows are color changing on the pro. You can see this particularly when Elwin explains the jackpots in multiball and you can see them change based on their multiplier. They also change to match the mode, for combos, etc.

Thanks

#2694 6 years ago

8 RGB insert arrows on the PRO. Here is a complete listing.
http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/games/iron-maiden/pro/IronMaiden_Pro_web.pdf

Quoted from flynnibus:

#2695 6 years ago

The playfield looks very cool with some neat shots but the presentation of the LCD comes across at times as a 3rd party desktop theme for Windows due to what is essentially a column of icons...I think the animations and LCD layout on Aerosmith and Star Wars are far more impressive. Looking forward to playing a pro locally on location soon.

#2696 6 years ago

Holy hell, does this playfield look good. This is a new era of machines--the Elwin designs!

I am the last person to like the "rock and roll" pinball machines, but every time trooper multiball began on the stream I was feeling it!

This game seems to have it all from first glance.
Strong modes
Quick loop shots
Great music
Great sound effects
Great animation
Great art
Two easy to understand multiballs

Only critique I could see is that the game looks fairly easy--unbalanced scoring? But that's easy code if they want to change anything. Can't wait to play it live.

#2697 6 years ago

Any info on premium? Possibly all rgb inserts?

#2698 6 years ago
Quoted from GatoDelFuego:

Only critique I could see is that the game looks fairly easy--unbalanced scoring?

Every game looks easy when the players are Keith Elwin and Zach Sharpe ...

rd

#2699 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Every game looks easy when the players are Keith Elwin and Zach Sharpe ...
rd

Yep.

#2700 6 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

In the stream of the game you can see the rgb inserts too. 1:36:32 » YouTube video
Shoot the orange arrows.

Yep the arrows in front of the main shots are RGB in the pro.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Williamsburg, VA
Trade
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/54?hl=potatoloco and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.