20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 144.
#2601 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

So what is the official acronym for Iron Maiden. IM is already Iron Man........ Maybe IRMA or IMA

It's Iron Maiden. Unless you want to be lazy and cute, then it's IM or IRMA.

#2602 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

We were talking about this, we were considering Stern Iron Maiden - SIM.

So what is this version of Stern Iron Maiden? Lol

F1C1226A-A50F-427E-8249-A70321455A70 (resized).jpegF1C1226A-A50F-427E-8249-A70321455A70 (resized).jpeg

#2603 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

SIM - wha? Who is going to have a clue what that is? No please don’t.

IMDN

Thanks.

#2604 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

So what is this version of Stern Iron Maiden? Lol

That's clearly ims.

#2605 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I honestly like IMDN. It writes like it sounds

#2606 6 years ago

Game is FANTASTIC! Music grows on ya. Was familiar with the group but none of the songs till last night.

Played last night! Art, Shots, flow, rules (from what I could understand), reasonable ball times...everything EXCELLENT and FANTASTIC!

I think this is a homerun!

Don't know how the premium will top this!

Can't see how anyone will be disappointed with this release.

20180411_223404 (resized).jpg20180411_223404 (resized).jpg

#2607 6 years ago

I just have to see the 30 IMDN MGC pic when they get set up. Whoever posts it first will receive a free thumbs up from me!

My friend is helping at the Marco booth. He is gonna be busy!

#2608 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

that wouldn't make sense, unless SIM stands for Second Iron Maiden. Try IMLOB or Maiden.

im2 (resized).jpgim2 (resized).jpg

#2609 6 years ago
Quoted from McPin54:

Don't know how the premium will top this!

Seriously?

#2610 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I like IMDN better too. Thanks.

#2611 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

It's I\m/ ! All the posers who don't like their music can use IMDN, isn't that library book indexing system...

#2612 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

All the posers who don't like their music can use IMDN, isn't that library book indexing system...

Isn't that SIDN?!

#2613 6 years ago

I really, REALLY want it to go "CAN I PLAY WITH MADNESS" when you hit start.

#2614 6 years ago

IMLOTB is what I will call it.
When Star Trek The Next Generation came out [2 previous Star Treks] it wasn't called STRK. That would be idiotic. It's STTNG that includes the full title.
Same with calling Iron Maiden Legacy of the Beast IMDN.... Where's the rest of the title?

#2615 6 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

IMLOTB is what I will call it.
When Star Trek The Next Generation came out [2 previous Star Treks] it wasn't called STRK. That would be idiotic. It's STTNG that includes the full title.
Same with calling Iron Maiden Legacy of the Beast IMDN.... Where's the rest of the title?

IMDN was discussed and decided months ago. Before we knew the exact title. Decided by those who have been waiting and talking about it for years, those who didn’t just jump on the bandwagon and pick an abbreviation months later after the release. (Not saying you specifically)

#2616 6 years ago

Quoted from MinusWorlds:IMDN was discussed and decided month ago. Before we knew the expat title. Decided by those who have been waiting and talking about it for years, those who didn’t just jump on the bandwagon and pick an abbreviation months later after the release. (Not saying you specifically)

Why do I get the feeling that all of the discussions and posts discussing the acronym has already exceeded the time and savings from not having to type a few extra characters going forward. I'm just going to call it Maiden and hope that the two characters don't fill up the Pinside servers

#2618 6 years ago

got to play one last night

I have to say its the most impressive stern I have played at launch.

lots of fun in a great package

#2619 6 years ago

Do we know the shipped pricing for the premium? Really looking forward to seeing the premium artwork.

Also, hopefully the premium sells really well so whatever the extra features are get fully coded. Do both the pro and premium have full RGB lighting?

#2620 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Do we know the shipped pricing for the premium? Really looking forward to seeing the premium artwork.
Also, hopefully the premium sells really well so whatever the extra features are get fully coded. Do both the pro and premium have full RGB lighting?

Was told $7295 shipped for premium, and no full rgb at least it doesnt say so on feature matrix, says red general illumination.

#2621 6 years ago

http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/games/iron-maiden/pro/2291/Iron_Maiden_Pinball_Feature_Matrix.pdf

Quoted from TigerLaw:

#2622 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Was told $7295 shipped for premium, and no full rgb at least it doesnt say so on feature matrix, says red general illumination.

That's what I paid (plus tax since I want the free local white glove delivery and setup)

#2623 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

and no full rgb at least it doesnt say so on feature matrix, says red general illumination.

Ah, that’s a bummer. Aerosmith pro has full RGB lighting but IMDN premium may not have it. Still, the red general illumination will look great.

#2624 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Does the Prem/LE have any RGB led’s?

B3E6BDD7-79BC-4890-9690-AD73FB227846 (resized).jpegB3E6BDD7-79BC-4890-9690-AD73FB227846 (resized).jpeg

#2625 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Does the Prem/LE have any RGB led’s?

Feature matrix says:

Hit-detecting clairvoyant mystery orb target feature with RGB lighting
&
Interactive "RGBeacon": chase light beacon featuring 12 color changing RGB LED's

Those are the only two times RGB is mentioned in the feature matrix.

#2626 6 years ago

So what code version is this game being shipped with?

#2627 6 years ago

Really looking forward to getting my hands on this game!

Although... I'm not sure why they would have the 'sound track' songs the same as the mode songs. Seems pretty repetitive/overload imo.

#2628 6 years ago

Do you remember which modes these 3 songs are associated with? (not the start of a ball/game song which has no bearing on gameplay).
I didn't hear these songs associated with any modes or missed it from the video.

* Wasted Years
* Run to the Hills
* Powerslave

I have Mummy multiball, cyborg eddie multiball and soul shard hurryup as possibilities or something else?

The other songs are associated to these modes:
Can I Play With Madness (Tomb treasure award)
Aces High (Eddie battle mode)
Hallowed Be Thy Name (Eddie battle mode)
Flight of Icarus (Eddie battle mode)
Rime of the Ancient Mariner (Eddie battle mode)
Fear of the Dark (Eddie battle mode)
2 Minutes to Midnight (Mini wizard mode)
Number of the Beast (Wizard Mode)
The Trooper (Trooper multiball)

#2629 6 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Although... I'm not sure why they would have the 'sound track' songs the same as the mode songs. Seems pretty repetitive/overload imo.

I was going to make this comment during the stream but didn't as I wasn't 100% certain that was the case but is it?

#2630 6 years ago

The 12 songs at the start of a game/ball are just to listen to while you play. WHen you start a mode/hurryup/multiball you hear the song associated with that mode.

Quoted from Mahoyvan:

#2631 6 years ago

Yeah that's what I mean. Just seems too much... For example:

Select: rime of the ancient mariner, get to Trooper multi ball (different song), then drain.
Ball 2, select: Wasted years, then start rime of the ancient mariner mode and hear it - again.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love all of the songs included with the pin and don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I feel like it's missing a breather.

#2632 6 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Yeah that's what I mean. Just seems too much... For example:
Select: rime of the ancient mariner, get to Trooper multi ball (different song), then drain.
Ball 2, select: Wasted years, then start rime of the ancient mariner mode and hear it - again.
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love all of the songs included with the pin and don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I feel like it's missing a breather.

Isn't this the same thing that happens in Metallica?

#2633 6 years ago

Maybe, I don't know MET that well. At least not that I noticed a lot of song changes other than when I got some CIU's.
But from the deadflip stream it looks to me like modes/songs are just flying off the shelf.

#2634 6 years ago

Nope, never too serious with my pinball. Just a player in a cool hobby having fun! This game blew me away after playing all night. All I'm say'n is I felt like I was playing a premium!
Anxious to see the premium! Metal ramps on a pro, just had a premium feel and felt like an outstanding value.

Hope the premium blows me away!

Hope you enjoy which ever version you get.

#2635 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Ah, that’s a bummer. Aerosmith pro has full RGB lighting but IMDN premium may not have it. Still, the red general illumination will look great.

I thought that I’ve noticed durin Deadflip’s stream that the inserts in front of the ramps were RGB in the Pro. So they’ll be RGB in the Prem/LE as well.

#2636 6 years ago

Leaked Premium and LE images?

Has anyone heard rumblings about a leak?

I talked to a distributor in IA who used that word. Is he misled?

I don't know where but here to look for a leaked image of a Premium, frankly.

Certainly nothing turns up in a Google Images search.

#2637 6 years ago

Heard plenty aboot it but haven't seen anything.

#2638 6 years ago

I listened to a podcast today and the word is we should see Stern release any day now.

#2639 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Isn't this the same thing that happens in Metallica?

Yes, and it's a non issue.

#2640 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

ummmm there already is a Stern Iron Maiden

#2641 6 years ago
Quoted from jefryan:

I listened to a podcast today and the word is we should see Stern release any day now.

A podcast focused on IMDN? Please elaborate.

#2642 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

A podcast focused on IMDN? Please elaborate.

Kaneda's podcast.

#2643 6 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

I agree

#2644 6 years ago

Dang we already got a code update

44E0773F-6313-4EE2-9C0A-56EA8FC63356 (resized).jpeg44E0773F-6313-4EE2-9C0A-56EA8FC63356 (resized).jpeg

#2645 6 years ago

Watched the deadflip video and I have to say I'm very impressed!

Lots of progress on LCD content and animations - looks sooo much better than initial stream!!! (Eddie in jail has been redone thank heaven as it looked crazy poor before). Overall, the animations are really coming together and look more like they belong with the rest of the machine.

Next to polish IMO would be Flight of Icarus and other animations that are not looped well. During animation, loop ends and it jumps sharply to beginning and this is distracting. Also wondering why extra ball and ball going into coffin for example are white balls and not rendered with metallic textures. Anyway, I'm sure they will continue to improve - looking good.

In the future, my greatest recommendation is that LCD content should be considered as part of the "art package" from the very beginning. In other words, whoever does playfield, cab and glass should BE ART DIRECTOR FOR LCD CONTENT. This will greatly improve things moving forward. Anyway, I'm not in the business - just sharing my opinion as I love this hobby.

Great improvements everyone! Can't wait to see LE!

#2646 6 years ago

I know I ripped them for the coding thing. But, to me this makes sense... Only because if they included a song not in the normal soundtrack for the modes, then people will be like "Why isn't that song included to just select.... THAT"S BS!"... I will say... I kind of don't like it switching so much though. I love how AC DC handled the songs. Each song you played had different rule set, and you could switch once you triggered the right stuff... Yes, I get that that concept is more simple or straightforward. But, otherwise it might be just too chaotic... But, I hope to be wrong. I hope it will blend smoothly... We'll see... Either way great music is great music.

#2647 6 years ago

Played the pro today and this game is a winner.

The playfield shots are refreshing and the intersecting orbits are wickedly fun to play. The two post and transfer system feels like one of those innovations that just every game should have going forward... it just works so wonderfully and adds so much variety into the game.

The game has that 'hook'em' payoff that wants you to keep coming back and trying more.. trying those objectives and payoffs. I can't wait to see what the Premium/LE add in.

#2648 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Hey numbnuts reading is fundamental....I said it was the perfect "fuck" album. Not perfect album. I don't give a shit about NIN.

#2649 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Played the pro today and this game is a winner.
The playfield shots are refreshing and the intersecting orbits are wickedly fun to play. The two post and transfer system feels like one of those innovations that just every game should have going forward... it just works so wonderfully and adds so much variety into the game.
The game has that 'hook'em' payoff that wants you to keep coming back and trying more.. trying those objectives and payoffs. I can't wait to see what the Premium/LE add in.

Is there one on location in northern va?

#2650 6 years ago
Quoted from trilamb:

Kaneda's podcast.

Cool. Is Lyman still retiring too?

(so you heard it nowhere then)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.50
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
Trade
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/53?hl=bigbad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.