20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 144.
#2501 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Here is the replay on Youtube
» YouTube video
Thanks Mr deadflip

Sheesh this game is AMAZEBALLS! And to think this is only the pro!

#2502 6 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

It'll sell for that. I had someone offer 11k for mine.

If someone offered me 11K for my LE that would be hard to pass up.

#2503 6 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

But, who the hell thinks its okay to release a game with unfinished code.

You new around here?

#2504 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

You new around here?

Newish... Picked up pinball only about a the last year or so... Started as a Virtual Pin guy... But, then got hooked and wanted the real thing... But, I just think its stupid in this day and age of limited attention span. To release a sub prime product. First impressions are the most important ones... Current generation generally doesn't have patience to see how things play out or to be fixed.
Also, how can your company move forward onto the next pins... If you're still working on the old ones... Smacks of laziness to me. I get it that these pins are complicated and complex... But, I still think its a strange policy.

#2505 6 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

If someone offered me 11K for my LE that would be hard to pass up.

For sure... over a 2k in profit doing nothing. You cld get a premium with same gameplay for around 5100 and wait for a huo le for 8k down the road. Sounds like a,win win to me.

#2506 6 years ago

This game is going to be so good. I love the rule set and I really liked how Keith walked us through that. That layout is really cool.

#2507 6 years ago

7081D244-0441-4207-9149-3606558133F2 (resized).jpeg7081D244-0441-4207-9149-3606558133F2 (resized).jpeg

#2508 6 years ago

Man this game looks really fun with the fast loops and jump ramp for bonus collect and cool call outs, can’t wait to see what the premium has to offer. I was never a huge fan of the music but I don’t mind it. I can’t wait to play it and crank it up and get into this pin. The more I hear the music the more it grows on me and it just seems like they really put a great pin together. I use to watch a lot of horror films when I was younger and this pin kind of reminds me of that with the sounds,animation and art what a package.

#2509 6 years ago

Looking awesome, now where is that premium....?

#2510 6 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

And what really pisses me off... And I know this is a common complaint with stern games... But, who the hell thinks its okay to release a game with unfinished code.
That to me is sloppy and shouldn't happen. Hell, I think its the same with video games too, but I forgive those cos they have deadlines and if you keep pushing a game back then they could lose the hype train... But, even so there is a difference of fixing a few bugs, and just not being ready...
COMPLETE THE DAMN MACHINE... Do the first round of bug checks and then maybe release a few updates down the road... I mean a pinball machine is not like a music album, video game, or movie. People can't exactly pirate it and leak it... So stupid and lazy...
But, won't stop me from buying... Looks great and I can't wait to play one. But, it will impact me possibly getting other NIB down the road.

I don't get this outcry here. I mean, the code seems pretty complete. I don't know what standards are you using to judge the code completion of this game, but it has several modes and multiballs. I mean, take for example Medieval Madness... I know it's an older game, but it has as much or even less code than this one. And the animations and sound are more than ok on this release.

If we were talking about Guardians of the galaxy that would be another story, that one was a real mess.
But in this case it smells like complaining for complaining. I'm even tempted to call the wambulance, go figure!

On another and more general note, I'm all about they releasing the game "incomplete", that allows for updates. If the game couldn't be updated they'd release it and you'd have to deal with what you got and that would be the end of the story, but while you can keep adding decimals to the version there's always room for improvement.

#2511 6 years ago

Im liking the design and rules alot bc it so different from the last 5 years of stern pins. I think the premium /le will be great since it will incorporate some more features/toys/mechs (which pro dont have much of) plus it has red gi like twd premium which is a great effect. Also the art theme on the premium sld be awesome . I like how u can change the music at every ball also. I never listened to imd before but it reminds me of some other bands i like from the 80/90s so im now ok with that . I think stern has a winner on their hands and ill be in for a premium more than likely. Now anyone wamna buy a well priced st pro lol.

#2512 6 years ago

I really wish they would get on with releasing details on the premium and LE.

#2513 6 years ago

Yes, 2 of the world's best players made it look fairly easy but name a game they wouldn't?

Shaping up to be Stern's best ever pro.

For mere mortals I can already see the right ramp is a really tough shot. Hoping it's a bit easier than right ramp on KISS!

#2514 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

For mere mortals I can already see the right ramp is a really tough shot. Hoping it's a bit easier than right ramp on KISS!

There's hope because even though the Aerosmith right ramp is *very similar* to the one on KISS, it's slightly different and as a result WAY easier to hit. I trust that Keith will make it "mortal friendly."

#2515 6 years ago

Having played the game already, they indeed made it look easy!
It's a fast game and you need to get control. Though once used to the feeds that return from the loop it isn't a drain monster.

They new where the add-a balls were (drops light mystery target) and especially where the sweet spots for the ramp shots were.

So regarding wizard modes and code depth

- qualifying the 4 rectangle eddie inserts:
superjackpot in multiball seems easy
complete all modes (you need more white eddie shots as you get to the later modes so that's good)
complete all power modes/jackpots --> seems easy achievable on a good game
complete mummy superjackpot seems achievable

So a game with lots to offer but not superdeep? Or is there something beyond this?
Playfield multiplier doesn't kick in often because they didn't focus on it very much. You really need to shoot the targets, especially the one on the left spinner.
Though I think software rules made the shot important enough (revive for example), it still is a risky shot with the popbumpers exit that can be tougher.

#2516 6 years ago

Gameplay looked great! I just wish it was a theme I cared for.

#2517 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Having played the game already, they indeed made it look easy!
It's a fast game and you need to get control. Though once used to the feeds that return from the loop it isn't a drain monster.
They new where the add-a balls were (drops light mystery target) and especially where the sweet spots for the ramp shots were.
So regarding wizard modes and code depth
- qualifying the 4 rectangle eddie inserts:
superjackpot in multiball seems easy
complete all modes (you need more white eddie shots as you get to the later modes so that's good)
complete all power modes/jackpots --> seems easy achievable on a good game
complete mummy superjackpot seems achievable
So a game with lots to offer but not superdeep? Or is there something beyond this?
Playfield multiplier doesn't kick in often because they didn't focus on it very much. You really need to shoot the targets, especially the one on the left spinner.
Though I think software rules made the shot important enough (revive for example), it still is a risky shot with the popbumpers exit that can be tougher.

When Keith was interviewed on a podcast, he said he didn't want to do a game that was way too deep but that 30 minutes to complete a game is quite long enough.

These rules seem deep enough for 95% plus of players and I suspect, there will be tons of games that players have 2 or 3 eddie inserts but getting what you haven't got to qualify number 4, will be super tough!

I want to buy a game that 'seems' possible to complete, even though in reality I know I probably won't. Don't want a game that is LOTR deep, knowing I would never complete it.

And there are clearly multiple strategies and different ways to score and blow up the machine.

Lastly moving posts on outlanes makes a game go from easy to hard in an instant, so easy tweek for those find game too hard....or easy!

Many Papa set up games have posts taken out completely.

#2518 6 years ago

Thank you for the confirmation shapeshifter. Nothing wrong with this level of depth. I think the machine is perfect the way it is, just curious if I was correct regarding the gamerules. And yes the not so deep games must be setup in a way that they still are a challenge to complete.

I love my Avatar for example, simple game, certainly not deep but fun!

#2519 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Thank you for the confirmation shapeshifter. Nothing wrong with this level of depth. I think the machine is perfect the way it is, just curious if I was correct regarding the gamerules. And yes the not so deep games must be setup in a way that they still are a challenge to complete.
I love my Avatar for example, simple game, certainly not deep but fun!

Yes, IM and Avatar are short but really intense, fun games.

Maiden has similarities but looks way deeper than IM and Avatar.

Time will tell but so far the rules look as good as anything for a long time.

And love the fact you can see power jackpot building up on the LCD.

#2520 6 years ago

Just kinda blows my mind they cant do a live feed for the Prem/Le. Even if the art works is not approved. " Don't show the side art " All this hype and they do a repeat of the Pro.... WTF At least have the courtesy to keep potential buyers informed.

Im 100% in on this game.... but like most I need to see game play of the Prem/LE so I can make my decision on which model and get my order in.

Yes I know..... I can always buy a Pro and then upgrade later. But Im not paying selling and moving the the same game twice in 3 months.

#2521 6 years ago

This game is amazing!! I am getting ready to go piss on that “Dark Night” for Stern thread. Maybe the person who started that thread should change the title to “Dark Knight for Stern”because I just bought two NIB!!

Suck it Stern and Maiden haters, we will be ruling Pinside for the foreseeable future! Pirates who??? Houdini what??? Alice where??

#2522 6 years ago

#2523 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

When Keith was interviewed on a podcast, he said he didn't want to do a game that was way too deep but that 30 minutes to complete a game is quite long enough.
These rules seem deep enough for 95% plus of players and I suspect, there will be tons of games that players have 2 or 3 eddie inserts but getting what you haven't got to qualify number 4, will be super tough!
I want to buy a game that 'seems' possible to complete, even though in reality I know I probably won't. Don't want a game that is LOTR deep, knowing I would never complete it.
And there are clearly multiple strategies and different ways to score and blow up the machine.
Lastly moving posts on outlanes makes a game go from easy to hard in an instant, so easy tweek for those find game too hard....or easy!
Many Papa set up games have posts taken out completely.

I would describe the game as having more breadth than depth, and that is not meant as a negative thing

#2524 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Just kinda blows my mind they cant do a live feed for the Prem/Le. Even if the art works is not approved. " Don't show the side art " All this hype and they do a repeat of the Pro.... WTF At least have the courtesy to keep potential buyers informed.
Im 100% in on this game.... but like most I need to see game play of the Prem/LE so I can make my decision on which model and get my order in.
Yes I know..... I can always buy a Pro and then upgrade later. But Im not paying selling and moving the the same game twice in 3 months.

Settle pettle. Courtesy?? Does it really matter? It’ll be shown soon. Seems you haven’t already got a LE, so it’s Premium or Pro. There’s no rush for either.

#2525 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Settle pettle. Courtesy?? Does it really matter? It’ll be shown soon. Seems you haven’t already got a LE, so it’s Premium or Pro. There’s no rush for either.

I can have an LE if I want one, it’s mine with another phone call. It a matter of gameplay and a 3500 dollar difference in price.

If I decide on a pro I would like to get ASAP from my dist. Like Met I owned an LE for abut when there was not much difference in price from Prem to Le.

I enjoyed the gameplay of the pro so that’s whats in my collection since.

#2526 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I can have an LE if I want one, it’s mine with another phone call. It a matter of gameplay and a 3500 dollar difference in price.
If I decide on a pro I would like to get ASAP from my dist. Like Met I owned an LE for abut when there was not much difference in price from Prem to Le.
I enjoyed the gameplay of the pro so that’s whats in my collection since.

Not arguing at all about Pro vs Pre vs LE. Clearly there’s a reason for the delay. They’re not doing it for the fun of it.

Unless you’re planning on putting one on site, what’s the rush? Or if there is a rush, just order the Pro.

Unless there’s some major licensing hurdle, the Premium won’t be long. Just tell your dealer you want the option to swap if you prefer the Premium when it’s released.

#2527 6 years ago

Looks awesome except for that dark red shaded text for jackpot values (on the LCD)

#2528 6 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Newish... Picked up pinball only about a the last year or so... Started as a Virtual Pin guy... But, then got hooked and wanted the real thing... But, I just think its stupid in this day and age of limited attention span. To release a sub prime product. First impressions are the most important ones... Current generation generally doesn't have patience to see how things play out or to be fixed.
Also, how can your company move forward onto the next pins... If you're still working on the old ones... Smacks of laziness to me. I get it that these pins are complicated and complex... But, I still think its a strange policy.

Keith has said multiple times that this will launch basically code complete. This isn't BM66 or GOTG.

#2529 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Keith has said multiple times that this will launch basically code complete. This isn't BM66 or GOTG.

And with this title, highly likely there will be continuous small updates when needed i.e bugs and any scoring imbalances that get exploited by the competition players!

I say thank you to Stern's competitors as don't think we would have seen such a great all round package otherwise.

Prefer playing Stern's by a mile and finally they are giving us reasons to go back as customers.

#2530 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Not arguing at all about Pro vs Pre vs LE. Clearly there’s a reason for the delay. They’re not doing it for the fun of it.
Unless you’re planning on putting one on site, what’s the rush? Or if there is a rush, just order the Pro.
Unless there’s some major licensing hurdle, the Premium won’t be long. Just tell your dealer you want the option to swap if you prefer the Premium when it’s released.

From what Elwin posted on his Facebook it’s just a artwork licensing issue. Not saying there’s not more to it but if that’s the case it would be great to see both versions before I decide.

#2531 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

From what Elwin posted on his Facebook it’s just a artwork licensing issue. Not saying there’s not more to it but if that’s the case it would be great to see both versions before I decide.

At this point I'd agree that it's smart to wait and see what the Premium/LE features look like before making a decision. I don't think domestic Pro's are supposed to ship until late May (after the LE's) which would give you some time. From what I can gather it seems like on this game that the LE/Premium features are mostly cosmetic. Pro is really just missing a physical ball lock and a lift ramp and has a standup target instead of a captive ball for the Orb shot. I can live without these which made my decision for a Pro an easy one. Figured I'd sock away the savings and put them towards KME's next game!

#2532 6 years ago

Exactly

#2533 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I don't think domestic Pro's are supposed to ship until late May (after the LE's) which would give you some time.

Whaaa?

#2534 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

From what I can gather it seems like on this game that the LE/Premium features are mostly cosmetic. Pro is really just missing a physical ball lock and a lift ramp and has a standup target instead of a captive ball for the Orb shot.

Those are not minor cosmetic changes.

#2535 6 years ago

I know someone who picked up a pro already.

6EAADD9D-0516-4659-B7E9-CC08C42BF423 (resized).jpeg6EAADD9D-0516-4659-B7E9-CC08C42BF423 (resized).jpeg

#2536 6 years ago

I love this theme, but man I can not get into the game itself off the video I have seen so far. Maybe thats just me not being as tuned into all the intricacies of pinball to get excited about it. I still might buy this game, however I am definitely not at the OMG I have to put my name in for an LE stage. ACNC did that for me, it had an original unprocessed feel to the look. Maybe my ship is steering more to the boutique styles now over the mass produced machines. Right now I have TNA and ACNC on the way and those games have made me freak out with excitement to get them in the house. I just don't have that excitement with this one, I hope I'm proven wrong when I play it live someday.

#2537 6 years ago

after seeing the live yesterday, i'm of course very positive about this new pin
no need to talk again about the good points, listed already above, but may be i wanna share few points i think about watching the stream, and how people were playing (i know Keith is not waiting for me of course)

the gameplay seems very concentrate on the upper center of the table, quite evbdy was mainly shooting there, with sometimes ramps & right lane when needed, but i dont see someone really aiming for the down left side (as the "revive" spinner, which came more due to hazard/luck), just few shoots to the power target/mystery

same on the right down side, as because simply there's nothing to shoot for under that right lane...
feeling pity to not have used the free place behind the upper right flipper, with, as example a scoop there (for another mystery feature), kicking the ball back on/thrue the ramp via a trap (as the spin scoop on SCARED STIFF)

anothe idea (but not sure if its possible about the angle) is to code a shoot like on XMEN, ball caming from the right lane, and than (after the switch), a direct shoot to the down bumper (can add X bumpers to the mode, or give a SUPER MEGA JACKPOT if in MB, or ...)

... just my 2 cents

1 (resized).JPG1 (resized).JPG

2 (resized).JPG2 (resized).JPG

#2538 6 years ago

Game looks awesome but hard to get over theme for me. I'm also in my 40's and always knew of Iron Maiden but never really listened to their music. I kind of dig the old metal music thing but I don't know about this one. LCD display could use some work. Looks like a bad video game. All other Stern LCD games look better imo. Wish I did buy an LE if they are already trading for thousands over msrp. Geez. This just tells Stern they are leaving money on the table. Stern really should think about different "limited" runs of premiums with different art packages. I bet they could even charge LE money for those and they would sell.

#2539 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I know someone who picked up a pro already.

He picked up one of ours too that was bought locally, then one of our guys drove it back to MN last night and we "play tested" it until 3:30am last night for quality check purposes.

#2540 6 years ago

For me IM is a dream theme .... But the game has potential to be one of the best so it would make perfect sense to do Archer if the numbers are there. FG/ Shrek style

#2541 6 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Jason picked up one of ours locally here too, then one of our guys drove it back last night and we "play tested" it until 3:30am last night for quality check purposes.

Then you know who the picture is Les.

#2542 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Then you know who the picture is Les.

Oh yeah. He's a good dude for sure. I've even seen his Transformers collection. Now that is impressive.

#2543 6 years ago

Outstanding pinball player too. Always does well in tournaments

#2544 6 years ago

I’m in for a pro and I was told the end of April...

#2545 6 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

This game is amazing!! I am getting ready to go piss on that “Dark Night” for Stern thread. Maybe the person who started that thread should change the title to “Dark Knight for Stern”because I just bought two NIB!!
Suck it Stern and Maiden haters, we will be ruling Pinside for the foreseeable future! Pirates who??? Houdini what??? Alice where??

Funny, I took this at first as Suck it Stern...............and Maiden haters.

#2546 6 years ago

The timetable I was given from one distributor was:
Small batch of Pro's for U.S. locations and shows (namely MGC).-probably a few home games mixed in as well.
Pros for foreign markets
LE's
Large run of Pros for U.S. Market (Home and Location)
Premiums

This is a similar schedule as to what I remember Stern doing for Ghostbusters a couple years' back which was their last really hot title. It seems like Stern is really churning out games so hopefully they run more Pro's for the U.S. market before moving on to the LE's.

#2547 6 years ago

So we are looking at about June or July for premiums?

#2548 6 years ago

I had this crazy gut feeling to go in on the LE when this was announced even though I actually need a new car. I'm still scared I did that since I'm not a high rolling lawyer or doctor who looks at these prices like they are somehow normal... so I'm sorta ok with waiting for it... well actually my bank account is. I have my fingers tightly crossed that the art/sculpts are gonna be amazing like Ghostbusters LE. If not, I will for sure have an LE available for you all right out of the gate...

#2549 6 years ago

Huh interesting...i hadn't checked myself. I got GB pro before Europe so hopefully I'll luck out here too

#2550 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I don't think domestic Pro's are supposed to ship until late May (after the LE's) which would give you some time

first games are going out NOW - I know operators who have already gotten their notice

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Trade
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/51 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.