20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 144.
#2301 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Something all of you Iron Maiden haters don't understand also is most of the people here who love Maiden have seen them live.

I took this video last summer.

#2302 5 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

I took this video last summer.
» YouTube video

Thats awesome, and dont forget thats a bunch of near 60 year old guys now also still out there jamming and putting on a killer show.

#2303 5 years ago

wp_iron_maiden_stranger_in_a_strange_land_1280x1024px_100420144339_2 (resized).jpgwp_iron_maiden_stranger_in_a_strange_land_1280x1024px_100420144339_2 (resized).jpg

#2304 5 years ago

Multiple Easter eggs on this title !

Awesome !

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somewhere_in_Time_(Iron_Maiden_album)#Cover_artwork

Great album

Hard to top Powerslave and Piece of Mind and the mighty SSoaS Hell yeah !

88ed8ba4e3ef25174b492bf7532b2e7eec1e1a4e (resized).jpg88ed8ba4e3ef25174b492bf7532b2e7eec1e1a4e (resized).jpg

#2305 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thats awesome, and dont forget thats a bunch of near 60 year old guys now also still out there jamming and putting on a killer show.

Their drummer Nicko will be 66 in less than two months. I know this because I have the same birthday as him.

#2306 5 years ago

Would be cool if something (like a GI change maybe) happens during the poem reading in the middle of Rime.

#2307 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Would be cool if something (like a GI change maybe) happens during the poem reading in the middle of Rime.

Can't wait to see the Premium /LE models. I'm sure they will be awesome but the Pro is definitely sweet also and that's a very good thing!

#2308 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Well the Prem and LE models also have red GI lighting, light TWD so I’m sure that will make an appearance to help set the mood.

#2309 5 years ago

I wonder how you know what section of the bullseye target you hit. Keith said it has 3 switches with the center giving the highest score. I watched the 3 small videos posted yesterday and I couldn't tell when the guy hit the bullseye a few times. It looked like red and blue lighting going off around the target. I assume there will be a dedicated lighting effect depending on which area you hit. Maybe we'll have to wait until MGC to get a good look unless Stern does another video session at the factory this week

#2310 5 years ago

Whodey

Did I ever tell you my thoughts on Iron Maiden?

#2311 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I wonder how you know what section of the bullseye target you hit.

I heard a "bullseye!" callout several times. Agree a lighting effect seems to make sense as well.

#2312 5 years ago

That reminds me of Cosmic Gunfight and Alien Poker at the same time.

#2313 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Whodey

Yes you mentioned that you think Iron Maiden sucks but that you are such a Stern Fanboy that you are going to buy one anyway.

#2314 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Something all of you Iron Maiden haters don't understand also is most of the people here who love Maiden have seen them live.

As have the fans of the Jonas Brothers, Limp Bizkit, Michael Jackson, Justin Bieber, and Vanilla Ice. Don't get me wrong, I am happy that people are getting a dream theme, just don't expect the rest of us to somehow develop a taste for the band just because there is a pinball machine. That said, this looks like a great game with great art, so I would have no problem buying one knowing that I can easily replace every single song in it. This game in particular lends itself for that idea more than say Aerosmith or especially KISS, because the artwork on those is more indelibly tied to the band.

Someone needs to make a splinter thread of a suggested new song list. To me Ozzie, Black Sabbath and Deep Purple would fit the theme and artwork fine. I might even suggest slipping in a Hendrix song or three.

#2315 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

As have the fans of the Jonas Brothers, Limp Bizkit, Michael Jackson, Justin Bieber, and Vanilla Ice. Don't get me wrong, I am happy that people are getting a dream theme, just don't expect the rest of us to somehow develop a taste for the band just because there is a pinball machine. That said, this looks like a great game with great art, so I would have no problem buying one knowing that I can easily replace every single song in it. This game in particular lends itself for that idea more than say Aerosmith or especially KISS, because the artwork on those is more indelibly tied to the band.
Someone needs to make a splinter thread of a suggested new song list. To me Ozzie, Black Sabbath and Deep Purple would fit the theme and artwork fine. I might even suggest slipping in a Hendrix song or three.

I definitely dont expect anyone that doesnt like Iron Maiden to become a fan because i wouldn't become a fan of a band that i didnt like either. My point though in an earlier post was that seeing this band live will absolutely change most peoples minds about them and make them a fan. Not everyone of course but seeing Iron Maiden in concert is something special believe me and when you see them live, its really hard not to like them afterwards.

#2316 5 years ago

So if street price on a pro is $5700, what is the street on a Premium? Prices are getting crazy! (Got an answer. Thanks!)

#2317 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Whodey

Lay it on us!! Up the pastel collars!!
Nickelback rules!!!

#2318 5 years ago

Today I learned Iron Maiden pinball is great. Someone argued with me that Maiden was not that great a group because they didn't have their own pinball machine. They have since been able to buy MaidenLE and today, told me how great their pin was going to be, because Maiden wouldn't be getting their own pin, if they weren't a great group.

Looking forward to seeing the premiums and LE. My guess is Stern will show us two premiums and the LE at the same time. LE sales were robust, so Stern knows they'll sell lots of premiums and one good way to do that is to offer two versions. That will sell better than just having one, imo. One reason - people like to compare and chose before buying rather than just buying. Having two allows the appropriate mix to maximum the number of units. The downside to Stern offering only one premium is some people may become agitated they aren't able to buy the awesome LE. We'll all learn soon and that can't come soon enough.

#2319 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Today I learned Iron Maiden pinball is great. Someone had previously told me Maiden was not that great a group because they didn't have their own pinball machine. They bought a MaidenLE and told me today how great their pin was going to be, because they wouldn't be getting their own pin if they weren't great.

Let's be real: Iron Maiden is now gracing a pinball 'cause Stern's bean counters decided it was a viable theme for fat international sales. The quality of the music - evident or not - was ancillary.

#2320 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

<snip>My guess is Stern will show us two premiums and the LE at the same time. LE sales were robust, so Stern knows they'll sell lots of premiums and one good way to do that is to offer two versions. That will sell better than just having one, imo.<snip>

Two premium versions would surprise me. It would be expensive for Stern to work up the second version's art (more licensing hassles) and it wouldn't necessarily translate to more sales. A second version of the Premium would simply split the base of Premium customers; it wouldn't necessarily *add* new ones. Moreover, the matrix describes one and one Premium version only.

Still, so as not to be a total wet blanket on this one, what would the second Premium version's art likely feature? Cyborg Eddie?

#2321 5 years ago

And while we're (I'm?) talking about versions within versions from Stern, let's not forget Transformers.

Unless I'm mistaken, there were no less than *three* LE versions of that title: Decepticons(200), Autobots(200), and the twinned Decepticons/Autobots (500) versions. Goodness!

Incidentally, there is a twinned LE at a nearby pinbar and I've played it a few times. 'tis a flat'ish layout from George Gomez with sounds/vibrations/dots that remind me of IM.

#2322 5 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Lay it on us!! Up the pastel collars!!
Nickelback rules!!!

Dude I just settled down. Let me make a few more friendly posts before I start dbagging it up again lol.

What prices are y'all hearing on Pro & Premium?

Referring to the "PITA wire money & wait" street price.

#2323 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Dude I just settled down. Let me make a few more friendly posts before I start dbagging it up again lol.

They dont sell pins to Maiden Haters PW, you are sh*t out of luck pal!

#2324 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

They dont sell pins to Maiden Haters PW, you are sh*t out of luck pal!

I see what you're doing Whodey.

Since we wont receive anything Maiden related for another week or two you're willing to argue about the band until Stern throws us a bone.

I'm OK with it if errbody else is. We cant really bitch about code or QC yet anyways.

#2325 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Two premium versions would surprise me.

Would surprise me also, but they did it with Metallica - Roadcase and Monsters.

#2326 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Would surprise me also, but they did it with Metallica - Roadcase and Monsters.

But did Metallica's published matrix indicate the two versions *before* the reveal?

#2327 5 years ago

Jack Danger said he'll be busy doing something "way cooler" than going to MGC this week, but what is he talking about?

We know he's the technical director of the upcoming IMDN stream, but that's hardly "way cooler" than going to MGC.

Is he hinting at a raucous reveal with members of the band? That ought to be reserved for the "Launch Party" at MGC, no?

Has such a surprise reveal ever happened? Has any band member of any music-themed pin ever participated in a reveal?

#2328 5 years ago

Jack Danger said he'll be busy doing something "way cooler" than going to MGC this week, but what is he talking about?
We know he's the technical director of the upcoming IMDN stream, but that's hardly "way cooler" than going to MGC.
Is he hinting at a raucous reveal with members of the band? That ought to be reserved for the "Launch Party" at MGC, no?
Has such a surprise reveal ever happened? Has any band member of any music-themed pin ever participated in a reveal?

He told his patreon members that on Tuesday he would be streaming Iron Maiden (he also said it was a secret so oops?). He said to be ready Tuesday and posted a picture of Mr. Stern playing an IMDN Pro. Will we see LE/Prem? Hope so. But we’ll definitely see a Pro stream on Tues.

#2329 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I see what you're doing Whodey.
Since we wont receive anything Maiden related for another week or two you're willing to argue about the band until Stern throws us a bone.
I'm OK with it if errbody else is. We cant really bitch about code or QC yet anyways.

Sell me your TSPP and LOTR and then you can go buy your Iron Maiden cash in hand!

#2330 5 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

So if street price on a pro is $5700, what is the street on a Premium? Prices are getting crazy! (Got an answer. Thanks!)

If this is true I'm buying a new 2018 honda 250 sport quad instead and use the grand i have left over for a summer vacation.

#2331 5 years ago

But did Metallica's published matrix indicate the two versions *before* the reveal?

Wasn't the Monsters Premium later and also in response to the not-so-loved road case design?

#2332 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Wasn't the Monsters Premium later and also in response to the not-so-loved road case design?

Sounds right to me.

#2333 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

$5,600 on the pro from a few distros. I don't know about the Prem.

#2334 5 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

$5,600 on the pro from a few distros. I don't know about the Prem.

Can we get an LE price check before anyone sees it?

#2335 5 years ago

i'm still feeling fu**** reading talks (and complains) about US prices

of course, we have (!?) to support the transport price, but anyway, on last STERN pins (pro model) we are at : 6200 EUR = 7637,98 USD

#2336 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

i'm still feeling fu**** reading talks (and complains) about US prices
of course, we have (!?) to support the transport price, but anyway, on last STERN pins (pro model) we are at : 6200 EUR = 7637,98 USD

Riple you may need to move, those prices are out of control!

#2337 5 years ago

FYI, a distro in Florida just listed the “last” LE available in the marketplace about an hour ago for 9k.

#2338 5 years ago

You folks free tomorrow?
Asking for a friend.

#2339 5 years ago

What time should we be free ?

#2340 5 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

You folks free tomorrow?
Asking for a friend.

Thanks brother. More Pro or will it be Premium/LE this time?

#2341 5 years ago

Will this stream be archived I hope?? I won't be able to watch live, but I'm looking forward to seeing some extended play footage...

#2342 5 years ago
Quoted from ttown:

You don't need to move Riple, just buy a bunch of early solid states like I do. There really is a bang for your buck there that people don't appreciate. You don't only have to buy new games. There are decades of great affordable pins, just waiting for you. It's nice to expand your collection to include all different eras. Prepare to be amazed!

#2343 5 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Will this stream be archived I hope?? I won't be able to watch live, but I'm looking forward to seeing some extended play footage...

Hopefully someone will record the whole thing just in case

#2344 5 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

You folks free tomorrow?
Asking for a friend.

hours/time zone ?
as if you remember, i'm in Belgium and this time i wanna see the show

#2345 5 years ago

Tuesday, 4PM C. Be there.
Yes Keith will do another rules run down!
Will it be recorded? ‍Maaaaaaybe. ;D
Just show up, everyone watches Twitch at work, and you should too!
#dontgetfired

IMWP (resized).pngIMWP (resized).png

#2347 5 years ago
Quoted from ttown:

Quoted from Frippertron:

You don't need to move Riple, just buy a bunch of early solid states like I do. There really is a bang for your buck there that people don't appreciate. You don't only have to buy new games. There are decades of great affordable pins, just waiting for you. It's nice to expand your collection to include all different eras. Prepare to be amazed!

yep, i know, that's just our reality here in west europe (even if right now some distributors seems to lower the prices, with the change rate actually in our advantage)... and of course, my com was a bit simple, just because we cant compare the situation between various countries, travel costs, tax rates... for what i remember, its even worse for Oceania countries...

@flippertron : yes, i know, i'm a '80 kid (born in '66), just check my collection history, you'll see i know (and share) what you mean

#2348 5 years ago

It would be nice if "WORLD PREMIERE PT 2” meant part 2 of the reveal (PREM/LE)

#2349 5 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Tuesday, 4PM C. Be there.

ok tanx, that means 11PM here... see you

#2350 5 years ago

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 24.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne Beach, FL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball
Decorations
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/47?hl=potatoloco and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.