20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 144.
#2251 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Diospinball
Please explain your avatar

The avatar is me flexing taking a selfie... What's to explain... Wish I still looked that good though... Still look good... just not that good...

#2252 6 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

The avatar is me flexing taking a selfie... What's to explain... Wish I still looked that good though... Still look good... just not that good...

And here I assumed it was a model, holding a Speed-Stick anti-perspirant product, set to apply it to his underarm, etc. Of course, that assumption sheds nary an iota on *why* this might be your avatar, but I guess that's as far as I went.

#2253 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Diospinball
Please explain your avatar

LOL...while we’re at it: robknapp, please explain yours too.

#2254 6 years ago

30123952_10156405089577948_4776745795053190752_n (resized).jpg30123952_10156405089577948_4776745795053190752_n (resized).jpg

#2255 6 years ago

When do we get a real video?

#2256 6 years ago

i think they ordered an iron maiden pin

#2257 6 years ago

Ever see the mushroom episode (workaholics)?

#2258 6 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Seriously... That bonus countdown is really great. Kind of like a solid state pin meets an air raid siren. Freaking sweet.

Pretty sure the sound is a Stuka dive bomber siren.

#2259 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

That bullseye shot looks fun as hell

I think the middle shot with no magnet lock looks lack luster, you hit center main ramp and ball just falls down and gets directed around-meh. I thought it was going to be some kind of ball lock like LOTR.

Game looks like it has potential, I like the four flippers. Reminds me of a mix of I500-turbo for right upper, CSI photo shot left upper, and Metallica ramps left and right.

Although the music is not my taste, I am excited for everyone who is an IM fan and are finally getting their dream theme. I enjoy seeing and reading about people's excitement-good stuff!

#2260 6 years ago

So, what do you Danes think of the game? Is the code as complete as advertised? DOZENS of people want to know!

#2261 6 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

So Iron Maiden has never really been a staple of my musical diet (I’ve always liked Fear of the Dark, but I’ve had the impression it is considered one of the poor IM albums), but since all the talk on the forums I pulled out all the records and put them on my smartphone and have been grooving to Iron Maiden since several weeks now. It is really growing on me. I think their music is perhaps not as immediately accessible as Judas Priest, but I’m finding there is a fair amount of suble depth - interesting instumental passages, sudden rhythm changes, great drumming (I often find myself wishing the drums were louder in the mix - one of the things I like about Metallica records) and pretty courageous vocals.
Still not sure of the idea of a music pin - if I have all the records... but the layout is super intriguing and I really like that it appears so much time and thought went into it and the rules. I imagine the music, together with sound effects and call outs will create a high energy pinball game.

I would suggest the song revelations on piece of mind. It's starts slowly and rolls on through. It started rolling through my mind all those years ago. Still it rolls!

#2262 6 years ago

Since Metallica was mentioned. Escape.

Putting the headphones on now. 6:39 am. Ignore the clock.

#2263 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Reminds me of a mix of I500-turbo for right upper, CSI photo shot left upper, and Metallica ramps left and right.

Exactly what I was thinking. To most there's prob nothing "special" about it but for me, it reminds me of that straight up the middle I500 center shot, with a ramp and bullseye thrown in for extree fun. Plus that target might do something different on other models, we don't know yet. Either way, hittin that target to bring down fighter planes looks b'dass.

#2264 6 years ago

I know I’m in the super minority but listening to Bruce era Maiden just makes me want to listen to Operation:Mindcrime or The Crimson Idol or something else in the metal opera genre. Obv Iron Maiden pioneered the sound and these ppl are just following but I find the vocals more nuanced and on point and the subject matter more engaging on pretty much any of the Maiden-inspired concept stuff.

#2265 6 years ago

Any feedback on the gameplay?

Fast?
Short/long ball times?
Flow?

#2266 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Sleep played Indy last week---sold out too, which I'm proud of Indy for. Love HOF and Matt Pike is an 8 string goddamn tone monster.
I didn't go. So fucking sick of doom and the 2mil doom bands in my state. 45 minute 2 riff tracks hard pass.

They are playing omaha tonight. Sold out really quickly too. This is the most excited i have been for a show in years.

#2267 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Any feedback on the gameplay?
Fast?
Short/long ball times?
Flow?

I think they are ringers, man! Agents of the Evil Empire.

#2268 6 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

I think they are ringers, man! Agents of the Evil Empire.

Well, first impressions are that this game looks fairly easy.

But, dangerous thing to say

#2269 6 years ago

Well, first impressions are that this game looks fairly easy.
But, dangerous thing to say

Interesting: "easy."

Could this be true? Keith Elwin is famous for, among other things, posting some absurd score on MET (3B?). He would probably say that table is "easy." Still, if he knows MET is easy, would he not design his own layout to be more challenging? Hitting the launch ramp is easy, but using it to strike the center target is probably not. The "Clairvoyant" shot (beside the pops, between two posts) is apt to be hard, as is the left ramp. Consecutive loops (on either loop) are apt to be hard, as are the two Jackpot shot shots from the upper-left flipper. Watching both gameplay clips posted on YouTube, I counted *one* successful trip up the left ramp. That suggests "hard" to me. As for scoring and advancing through the objectives, I would again assume Keith of all people would make that challenging.

I'm waiting for a proper "review" from either a player using a routed table or an owner, but perhaps that's asking a lot as either sort of person in this case is likely to be Danish. Still, he might post his review in Danish, and we might then try to translate his review with Google Translate. Too much work? Perhaps.

#2270 6 years ago

Or wait a week and we should have plenty of video from the row of maiden games at Mgc

Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Could this be true? Keith Elwin is famous for, among other things, posting some absurd score on MET (3B?). He would probably say that table is "easy." Still, if he knows MET is easy, would he not design his own layout to be more challenging? Hitting the launch ramp is easy, but using it to strike the center target is probably not. The "Clairvoyant" shot (beside the pops, between two posts) is apt to be hard, as is the left ramp. Consecutive loops (on either loop) are apt to be hard, as are the two Jackpot shot shots from the upper-left flipper. Watching both gameplay clips posted on YouTube, I counted *one* successful trip up the left ramp. That suggests "hard" to me. As for scoring and advancing through the objectives, I would again assume Keith of all people would make that challenging.
I'm waiting for a proper "review" from either a player using a routed table or an owner, but perhaps that's asking a lot as either sort of person in this case is likely to be Danish. Still, he might post his review in Danish, and we might then try to translate his review with Google Translate. Too much work? Perhaps.

#2271 6 years ago

Agree, not easy then, but longer ball times than other recent games.

#2272 6 years ago

Now I need my pin to put it on..

5DB28E13-20C1-4A0C-8513-B906B0945711.jpeg5DB28E13-20C1-4A0C-8513-B906B0945711.jpeg

#2273 6 years ago

I guess I'm just surprised on the radio silence from the Danes. Thought they would give us their thoughts. Not everyone is glued to this forum, unfortunately.

#2274 6 years ago

Up the Irons an homage to West Ham? FFS....might be a deal breaker.

#2275 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Now I need my pin to put it on..

Is this your own creation?

I'm going to assume that, without a pin to work with, the modding industry is yet to offer any IMDN mods - apart from this shooter rod, I guess.

I happen to dislike heads for shooter rods; they are bulky and make precise plunging more difficult. IMDNLE will ship with a custom Eddie shooter rod, but, were it my game, said rod would come off and go in a box.

#2276 6 years ago

I’ll be by soon!

#2277 6 years ago

On a Facebook, Deadflip says he’s got something happening on Tuesday.
I’m guessing it’s showing the Premium model.
Here’s hoping.

#2278 6 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Up the Irons an homage to West Ham? FFS....might be a deal breaker.

Yup, Up the Irons! Is a clever homage to Steve Harris' favorite football/soccer team West Ham United from London's East End.

#2279 6 years ago

Obviously i cant know without playing this and only having Archer and recent gameplay vids to go on but i get a feeling of left side claustrophobia.
Whilst people love games like AF , TZ and WW i feel cramped when playing these games.It does look like the casual player can be satisfied with shooting the centre ramp enough to make this game work when sited.
I like the satisfaction of shooting tight shots myself so i may like this game inevitably for now though it appears to be a dare i say a brickfest.In the end i hope i'm wrong and it truly is a revolutionary layout.
I know i'm supposed to love it unreservedly fearing the dreaded thumbs down...wouldn't really be a forum then would it.

#2280 6 years ago

Agree, not easy then, but longer ball times than other recent games.

How can you downvote that??

#2282 6 years ago

Hey guys, just joined today...is the sound quality of the premium edition going to be decent? Just looking for opinions on how good the sound quality will be compared to the LE's which are all already sold out. Thanks in advance

#2283 6 years ago
Quoted from ozzard:

Hey guys, just joined today...is the sound quality of the premium edition going to be decent? Just looking for opinions on how good the sound quality will be compared to the LE's which are all already sold out. Thanks in advance

Get one of the $79 Polk external subs and the sound will be better than the LE. Anything more than a stock system with external sub is overkill.

#2284 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Get one of the $79 Polk external subs and the sound will be better than the LE. Anything more than a stock system with external sub is overkill.

I tend to agree..... especially with Stern adding new menu features like eq and balance.

#2285 6 years ago

Oh, thats how you do it

Downvoting is so childish - worst aspect of social media

Cue more downvotes

Counter above by saying this is going to be one of THE best pro models Stern has ever made

#2286 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Thanks a million, very much appreciated!

#2287 6 years ago

Is this your own creation?
I'm going to assume that, without a pin to work with, the modding industry is yet to offer any IMDN mods - apart from this shooter rod, I guess.
I happen to dislike heads for shooter rods; they are bulky and make precise plunging more difficult. IMDNLE will ship with a custom Eddie shooter rod, but, were it my game, said rod would come off and go in a box.

No, not my creation but it look great! I have the LE on it way so I will see what the stock one looks like and go with the one I like best..

#2288 6 years ago
Quoted from kaboom:

<snip>i get a feeling of left side claustrophobia.<snip>it appears to be a dare i say a brickfest.<snip>

I did notice that players in the few clips of gameplay posted on Youtube failed to make any left ramps. "Claustrophobic" isn't far off for the left-mid PF for many Lawlor's titles, thanks to the presence of the pops there. Keith loaded up the back of his PF with things like two intersecting loops and a kicker shot, necessitating the relocation of his pops. He reasoned he could put them in front of left ramp, creating a "Congo" shot there, but has he created a sense of claustrophobia in that part of his PF? I don't know. I do see a fair bit of space in the lower-PF below the pops, and my impression of the PF in general is "roomy," like that of SW. When I first saw gameplay of Archer on Youtube, I thought of what my billiards friends sometimes say about long shots: "Lots of green!" Archer's PF was so deep! Archer was shortened a bit to become IMDN, but it still looks deeper than many other PF's.

My worry at this point is simply tying up the ball in the pops every time I brick the ramp. Indeed I see brick rates as potentially high all 'round, as many important shots are hella tight. For example, look at the Clairvoyant shot, between those two posts. That is tight!

#2289 6 years ago

I did notice that players in the few clips of gameplay posted on Youtube failed to make any left ramps. "Claustrophobic" isn't far off for the left-mid PF for many Lawlor's titles, thanks to the presence of the pops there. Keith loaded up the back of his PF with things like two intersecting loops and a kicker shot, necessitating the relocation of his pops. He reasoned he could put them in front of left ramp, creating a "Congo" shot there, but has he created a sense of claustrophobia in that part of his PF? I don't know. I do see a fair bit of space in the lower-PF below the pops, and my impression of the PF in general is "roomy," like that of SW. When I first saw gameplay of Archer on Youtube, I thought of what my billiards friends sometimes say about long shots: "Lots of green!" Archer's PF was so deep! Archer was shortened a bit to become IMDN, but it still looks deeper than many other PF's.
My worry at this point is simply tying up the ball in the pops every time I brick the ramp. Indeed I see brick rates as potentially high all 'round, as many important shots are hella tight. For example, look at the Clairvoyant shot, between those two posts. That is tight!

I want to see another pop-less game ala Shadow and JD.

#2290 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I want to see another pop-less game ala Shadow and JD.

Check out ACNC.

#2291 6 years ago

If the pops actually serve a purpose (super jackpot activation on Cftbl, or activation of modes via AFM or SS) I'm cool with that. If they're dribble points, leave them out...

#2292 6 years ago

In case you need to take a break between games......

fullsizeoutput_4b2e (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_4b2e (resized).jpeg

#2293 6 years ago

I was visiting Denmark this week for a holiday and got the message the Iron Maiden was in town. Games had a production date of 2 days before and were transported by plane.

So visited the pub for a few games.

Here are 3 video's (2 of them is my wife playing, she hardly plays any pinball otherwise)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb7GJ0yxmWw-zlRJcJDCokw

I reached a score of 200M in my best game (3 ball one extra).

What can I say:

game plays fast and fun regarding combo's in the loops
I love the loop posts how they divert the ball to the other upper flipper. So for example left loop x times in a row then for the super loop value shot the post pops up in the left loop and it feeds the ball to the upper smaller flipper to make the right loop
Sound animations/modes/rules are certainly great
Game looks amazing in person
Bulls eye target sometimes doesn't register on a soft shot that doesn't make the bulls eye and so the ramp 'drops' the ball in a lane/loop and awards you credit for that.
Ramps are hard, you need to focus on them otherwise you end up shooting the loops and center shots mostly. Left ramp is not that hard but you need to get used to it. Right ramp is hard because of the rubber sleeves posts.
2 modes are certainly multiball, then normal multiball (with great rules regarding the x value jackpots), mummy multiball, power pyramid multiball, ...
Current software seems really solid!
Ball times are good, not too long not too short.

I think it will be a good earner and a welcome 'different' game in a collection between borgs and ritchies

#2294 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Get one of the $79 Polk external subs and the sound will be better than the LE.

Not if I have a Polk hooked up to my LE

#2295 6 years ago

Yeah my 300wtt Orb sub is getting impatient. That + JBL's I can almost guarantee I nut my pants before the first ball is plunged.

#2296 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

<snip>
Here are 3 video's (2 of them is my wife playing, she hardly plays any pinball otherwise)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb7GJ0yxmWw-zlRJcJDCokw<snip>;
Ramps are hard, you need to focus on them otherwise you end up shooting the loops and center shots mostly. Left ramp is not that hard but you need to get used to it. Right ramp is hard because of the rubber sleeves posts.
2 modes are certainly multiball, then normal multiball (with great rules regarding the x value jackpots), mummy multiball, power pyramid multiball, ...
Current software seems really solid!
Ball times are good, not too long not too short. <snip>

Merci, Davide, pour ta poste geniale/utile at pour les videos.

#2297 6 years ago

Merci, Davide, pour ta poste geniale/utile at pour les videos.

“Hergy dergy bergy, bork bork bork!”

#2298 6 years ago

cool David

#2299 6 years ago

Ohhhhh yeeeesssss

C9CA03AC-DDBE-4692-BC64-A5646E4F80D2 (resized).jpegC9CA03AC-DDBE-4692-BC64-A5646E4F80D2 (resized).jpeg

#2300 6 years ago

Something all of you Iron Maiden haters don't understand also is most of the people here who love Maiden have seen them live. I do not like heavy metal music for the most part except for the guys that are just bad ass like Dio, Black Sabbath, and Ozzie etc etc etc.

I am more of Van Halen, Sammy Hagar, Journey, REO, 80's classic rock and hair bands type guy. Anyway what im getting at is, i was drug to a Maiden/Priest concert back in 1983 by my friends and Iron Maiden f*cking blew me away. I was at a place that i didnt want to be and ended up having one of the best times of my life. It was possibly the most bad ass concert that i ever seen and ive seen alot of great bands. It was an experience that i will never ever forget and i guarantee that even you guys that dont like them would walk away from a Maiden concert saying holy shiiiit that was awesome!

Its just something that cant be explained unless you experience it and Bruce Dickinson is so damn good that you just wouldn't believe it. The guy knows how to rock and how to fire up a crowd like you've never seen. Oh yeah and to see Eddie walk out on stage live and in person. ......try to top that experience i dare you!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/46?hl=jefryan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.