20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 144.
#2201 6 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

or maybe I'm just weary of people saying they hate iron maiden in a thread about an iron maiden game..

This is the Iron Maiden thread.

Not the Iron Maiden strokefest thread.

This is where pinheads talk about Iron Maiden the pinball machine.

The good. The bad. The ugly.

Sorry it's not all strawberries, unicorns & eightballs.

This is the correct thread to discuss Iron Maiden. A game I look FW to and have said so several times.

TWD is a great game based on a show I cannot stand. It's too stressful for me. But the game is legit. I hope Maiden delivers too.

Don't take me too serious btw. I'm usually having a good time here.

#2202 6 years ago

Oh I'm going to make this the iron maiden strokefest thread!

But seriously, if we're talking about putting a "KISS" decal on the side of an Iron Maiden game.. I'm going to get mildly offended..

#2203 6 years ago

or maybe I'm just weary of people saying they hate iron maiden in a thread about an iron maiden game..

No doubt. People like different things and there is nothing wrong with them expressing that opinion. However, there are some that feel they need to express the same dislike over and over and over. And chime in on every different thread to say it again. Obviously many of us are fans of the band and are super-pumped about it... others seem intent on running down the band at every opp. I just don't get that the mentality that drives them to continuously visit a thread about a band they hate and crap all over it. Oh well.

#2204 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

This is the Iron Maiden thread.
Not the Iron Maiden strokefest thread.

Agreed. Diversity in opinion is a good thing. At this point, we know you hate the music. Mission accomplished and congratulations on covering it so thoroughly.

Gameplay looks cool, no?

#2205 6 years ago

Luckily, if you hate iron maiden but like the gameplay.. just wait long enough and you'll have a new theme with a similar playfield layout.. So if you hate say Metallica, you might really like Guardians of the Galaxy!

#2206 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

With that being said, if you think Maiden is old and obsolete, so are those pantyhose yer wearin.

Yeah, pretty weak. When I'm sober it's a lot of hit or miss. *shrugs*

#2207 6 years ago

I have no clue how to link it to Pinside... But, for those of you with Facebook, there is about a 10 minute video floating around with decent Iron Maiden gameplay footage...

Brian

#2208 6 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

I have no clue how to link it to Pinside... But, for those of you with Facebook, there is about a 10 minute video floating around with decent Iron Maiden gameplay footage...
Brian

I’m jonesin’, how do you find it

#2209 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

my problem with the band is different than some in this thread, they're not heavy enough for my tastes.

Right there with you... loved Maiden when I was a kid and still go back to them, but metal that has come a long way since the 80s and is such a large genre with way more brutal and fun bands. I spent the morning listening to more of the punk metal side with Dystopia and Nausea, but am now rocking High on Fire and 3 Inches of Blood in my office.

#2211 6 years ago
Quoted from trilamb:

I’m jonesin’, how do you find it

At the top of the thread page, there's an topic index link that will show a list of posts of interest in this thread. There's one on that list with a link to the gameplay video.

#2212 6 years ago

just wait long enough and you'll have a new theme with a similar playfield layout..

Fair point; I'm sure Borg is happy to have someone new to copy

if we're talking about putting a "KISS" decal on the side of an Iron Maiden game.. I'm going to get mildly offended..

No, Eddie is a great character and imagery so no GFX need to change.
It's the music that sucks ass

#2213 6 years ago

Sleep played Indy last week---sold out too, which I'm proud of Indy for. Love HOF and Matt Pike is an 8 string goddamn tone monster.
I didn't go. So fucking sick of doom and the 2mil doom bands in my state. 45 minute 2 riff tracks hard pass.

#2214 6 years ago

I'm loving that bonus countdown!

#2215 6 years ago

from my friend...

#2216 6 years ago

Wow that spinner at the top looks really sick and awesome... Part of me can't wait for the premiums to be released, and the other part of me is like... I don't mind the wait.. Gives me a chance to save up my money...

#2217 6 years ago

Holy shit. Looks pretty damn spectacular. That bullseye shot looks fun as hell, and I'm diggin her voice. Thanks Pascal!

#2218 6 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

I'm loving that bonus countdown!

Seriously... That bonus countdown is really great. Kind of like a solid state pin meets an air raid siren. Freaking sweet.

#2219 6 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

Agreed. Diversity in opinion is a good thing. At this point, we know you hate the music. Mission accomplished and congratulations on covering it so thoroughly.
Gameplay looks cool, no?

The game looks awesome so far!

Have I told you I dont like Iron Maiden tho?

#2220 6 years ago

I'm still baffled by all the non-HD videos people post on YouTube and Facebook. I feel like it's 2010.

#2221 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I'm still baffled by all the non-HD videos people post on YouTube and Facebook. I feel like it's 2010.

Hopefully it's because it's somewhat new and youtube takes aWhile to convert to HD.

Because yeah it would take me forever to even find out how to put my phone in SD

#2222 6 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Same here. One of my first concerts was the seventh son tour in 88. I have Seen Maiden many times since and cannot wait to play this game! Pinball and my favorite metal band, ya can't go wrong.

These guys are amazing live. Someone in Missouri take PW79 to a Maiden concert so he can experience that raw power for himself!

#2223 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

The games new tag line ... Buy an Iron Maiden Pinball, even if you can't stand listening to us.

Nah! That’s your opinion..

#2224 6 years ago

Re: Danish Clip

As much as I want to share in the enthusiasm, I don't know what you're looking at. I can't see Jack! From this distance, in a darkened parlor, with only the game's GI and inserts to light the game, I can make out basically nothing.

#2225 6 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Right there with you... loved Maiden when I was a kid and still go back to them, but metal that has come a long way since the 80s and is such a large genre with way more brutal and fun bands. I spent the morning listening to more of the punk metal side with Dystopia and Nausea, but am now rocking High on Fire and 3 Inches of Blood in my office.

+1 for 3IOB

#2226 6 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

These guys are amazing live. Someone in Missouri take PW79 to a Maiden concert so he can experience that raw power for himself!

I have seen Maiden 5 times I believe. Once at the Riveria in chicago Blaze was the singer and Dio was the co-headliner. Sadly only time I ever saw Dio. Then once for the Ed Hunter tour that was with Bruce back in teh Band. That was at the aragon in Chicago... Still they were not quite fully back to the big time yet. Then I saw them again on the somewhere in time tour at the All State in Rosemont. Wow... Great show big venue. And I saw them twice at the out door venue at Tinley Park... One of the times was book of souls and I think the other one was Final Frontier. Awesome every time I've seen them.

#2227 6 years ago

Diospinball

Please explain your avatar

#2228 6 years ago

So in that second video during the Aces High multiball that starts around 6:40, it looks like the dog fight lcd display is somewhat interactive with your shots, shooting down planes when you hit the right shot. Then it looks like to down a bomber, you have to hit the shot for either engine or fuselage, presumably each corresponding to the either one of the main ramps and center bulleye ramp) while the crosshairs on the display are on that area? ie a roving jackpot is moving across the shots of the pf in sync with the graphics?

That looks awesome if accurate!

#2229 6 years ago

My favorite part?

The fresco to the right of the pin in the second clip!

All those hips!

#2231 6 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

So in that second video during the Aces High multiball that starts around 6:40, it looks like the dog fight lcd display is somewhat interactive with your shots, shooting down planes when you hit the right shot. Then it looks like to down a bomber, you have to hit the shot for either engine or fuselage, presumably each corresponding to the either one of the main ramps and center bulleye ramp) while the crosshairs on the display are on that area? ie a roving jackpot is moving across the shots of the pf in sync with the graphics?
That looks awesome if accurate!

Yeah Aces High is gonna be insane. Guessing that target and lcd are fairly interactive. Lotta battlefield scenarios in multiple songs for that to expand on.
Holy hell I'm gettin all monkey boy excited again.

#2232 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Diospinball
Please explain your avatar

#2233 6 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/henningdanni.lescher/videos/10215286616456180/

The owner of the pin (shaved head) in this clip is the same person who stands beside his IMDN Pro in the photo that's posted earlier on this tread. And here I was thinking there were *many* Danes with Pros when perhaps there is just one!

#2234 6 years ago

Number of successful left-ramp shots in this clip:

Zero?

Did *you* see any?

I saw none.

I'm starting to worry.

#2235 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Zero?
Did *you* see any?
I saw none.
I'm starting to worry.

Was he shooting for the left ramp specifically? I'm not worried at all. Everyone will get used to it.

#2236 6 years ago

Did *you* see any?
I saw none.

Well I didn't see anyone aim for it that much.

#2237 6 years ago

No different to any shot through the pops - AS, TZ, kiss. More of a phsycholigcal thing than anything. It’s the same shot as a direct shot to the ramp/loop, except if u miss it’s more dangerous.

#2238 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

No different to any shot through the pops - AS, TZ, kiss. More of a phsycholigcal thing than anything. ....

Other than TZ that's a pretty close on and can come back on you; Man I hate that shot. Then again I haven't aimed for it in years

#2239 6 years ago

Strange mother Fu€k£rs in here⚡️

#2240 6 years ago

Maybe it was the beers, but those guys couldn’t hit the broadside of a barn.

#2241 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Strange mother Fu€k£rs in here⚡️

mother FuEkLrs?

#2242 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Other than TZ that's a pretty close on and can come back on you; Man I hate that shot. Then again I haven't aimed for it in years

Wasn’t worth it. Pretty tough shot not so much because of the pops, but the geometry. And super punishing if u miss.

#2243 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Maybe it was the beers, but those guys couldn’t hit the broadside of a barn.

I know the Danish aren’t Swedes and vice versa but did anyone listening to the cameradude talking and think, “Hergy dergy bergy, bork bork bork!”.

6F7DDB0D-A137-4782-9792-3DB934CC8856 (resized).jpeg6F7DDB0D-A137-4782-9792-3DB934CC8856 (resized).jpeg

#2244 6 years ago
Quoted from Jdfitzy-in-Aus:

I know the Danish aren’t Swedes and vice versa but did anyone listening to the cameradude talking and think, “Hergy dergy bergy, bork bork bork!”.

Not really, as the French Chef from the Muppets spoke French, ostensibly, while the men who shared their IMDN game with us were speaking Danish.

#2245 6 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Was he shooting for the left ramp specifically? I'm not worried at all. Everyone will get used to it.

All I could think while watching him play was “why is he just swatting at the ball?”.

I wouldn’t worry about the left ramp just yet. If Keith has designed a mode where combos are expected, I bet it’ll be a makeable shot, even if it’s tight.

#2246 6 years ago

Not really, as the French Chef from the Muppets spoke French, ostensibly, while the men who shared their IMDN game with us were speaking Danish.

The “Swedish Chef” is French?

#2247 6 years ago

Yeah, nah, I’m talking about the Swedish Chef...

“The Swedish Chef is a Muppet character that appeared on The Muppet Show. He was originally performed by Jim Henson and Frank Oz simultaneously, with Henson performing the head and voice and Oz performing the character's live hands. Wikipedia”

Anyway, back to Iron Maiden

#2248 6 years ago

Zero?
Did *you* see any?
I saw none.
I'm starting to worry.

Play better!!

#2249 6 years ago

Doesn't sound much like French to me...

#2250 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

The “Swedish Chef” is French?

I stand corrected. The Swedish Chef, not French.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/45?hl=buju and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.