20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 144.
#2151 6 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Looks like it plays fast, this could be a winner. Did not even really look for a LE although I did think about putting a deposit down ages ago when Stern got the license. Probably go for a premium if it looks like a upgrade from the pro fun wise.
Love the band, always have dug Eddie and I really like the song choices. Hope Stern quality has not went to total crap since I bailed.
Hi all.

Premium has lots of upgrades over the pro and has most if not all the features archer had . Im not a fan of the music/theme but im a pinball player and like lots of shots and features so im waiting to see the premium for sure.

#2152 6 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

Maybe because Europe is a bigger market than the US?
Maybe because Iron Maiden as a band is bigger in Europe than in the US?
Maybe because it was a European distributor who first pitched the idea of Iron Maiden to Gary? (All together he pitched 6 game titles of which 5 now have become a reality. I am not going to reveal the last one.)
Maybe because they want the games to hit the market at roughly the same time?
Maybe because the universe does not revolve around the US even though many Americans seem to think so?
Maybe none of the above?
Maybe all the above?
You choose

Answer is because there are HUGE mark ups for most EU markets - JJP has no mark up over US, and AP appears not to either. Not getting initial machines and getting price gouged would start a riot.

#2153 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

» YouTube video
Our Danish distributor got some Iron Maiden pros at storage now, one of them is allready on location.
Little gameplay footage with mr. Stern-Denmark

Wow! That is shooting really crisp. Looks great.

#2154 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

» YouTube video
Our Danish distributor got some Iron Maiden pros at storage now, one of them is allready on location.

Thank you for posting this, decent quality...

#2155 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

» YouTube video

whats the adress of that lod irish pub in kopenhagen?
my friend is looking for the bar right now but he cant find the bar

#2156 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Answer is because there are HUGE mark ups for most EU markets - JJP has no mark up over US, and AP appears not to either. Not getting initial machines and getting price gouged would start a riot.

Edit ... though some EU markets are paying insanely over the odds still - namely UK ... in Germany it looks like the EU mark up has disappeared entirely.

IM Pro / IM Premium are €5765 / €7500 at Freddy's in Germany. Removing tax and converting to $ that's about the street price in US.

AS, BM'66 and SW Premium were all €8999.

Exchange rate has improved a bit, but nowhere near that much. I suspect Stern are fknally getting seriously concerned about competition.

This is a HUGE change.

#2157 6 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

It's "Old Irish Pub". Gråbrödretorv 15, Copenhagen

#2158 6 years ago

THE OLD IRISH PuB
Gråbrødretorv 15, 1154 KBH K.

Enjoy

#2159 6 years ago

Markups has almost disappeared in Scandinavia as well due to a very good dealer from Norway.

Everything is invoiced in USD. So currently it's 5795 (+25% tax) + 520 for air freight. Delivered in 10 days.

So hopefully the dollar will take a dive soon

#2160 6 years ago

Thx
he will try to make a video

#2161 6 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

Markups has almost disappeared in Scandinavia as well due to a very good dealer from Norway.
Everything is invoiced in USD. So currently it's 5795 (+25% tax) + 520 for air freight. Delivered in 10 days.

That's done good airfreight rates. Get him to send to send some to Australia!

#2162 6 years ago

Thx
he will try to make a video

Happy playing

Ur welcome

#2163 6 years ago

No US pins yet?

#2164 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

No, it’s just really advanced now.
Monte said it best

I thought this was said best.

“Don’t be ashamed, it’s ok if you’re a dude that enjoys soft music”

I love Hall and Oates! I’d love to see a ELO pin!

#2165 6 years ago

EU/Export pins are shipped first since it takes a few weeks for the boat to make it to the destination.
At the time EU/Export pins are at the distribs, US pins are shipping for a simulataneous release.
Export pins that are air freighted will beat the US release date. This is how Stern has done releases for many years.

Looks like the MGC show beginning on April 13 will be the first time US customers will try IMDN.

Quoted from frankmac:

No US pins yet?

#2166 6 years ago

I didn’t mean to insult any Maiden fans with my comments.
Still, the game looks amazing but the music is like nails on a chalkboard to some of us non-fans.
I would say it’s similar to the way many of you have swapped out the call outs on Walking Dead,to use Clelands version instead.

The best take away on this whole music commentary thing is that Sterns newest title looks to be so great that even the non-Maiden fans want to get one!

#2167 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Still, the game looks amazing but the music is like nails on a chalkboard to some of us non-fans.
I would say it’s similar to the way many of you have swapped out the call outs on Walking Dead,to use Clelands version instead.
The best take away on this whole music commentary thing is that Sterns newest title looks to be so great that even the non-Maiden fans want to get one!

Agreed. We'll never all like the same music, but I think almost everyone would agree this game looks awesome and is likely going to be a huge hit for Stern.

#2168 6 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

It will if Trump really does follow through with the trade war sabre rattling.

#2169 6 years ago

Fastest pinball guy in Europe. Less than two days from manufacture to a copenhagen pub. Since I don't own the picture, I sensored his face.

42068516-A61C-4622-95CA-038DF10303DE (resized).jpeg42068516-A61C-4622-95CA-038DF10303DE (resized).jpeg

#2170 6 years ago

STERN!!! They are not playing any games..

#2171 6 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I’m not a Maiden fan, or hater, as I’ve really never listened to that genre of music. The thing I find interesting from reading this thread is the story behind the music and wonder how knowledge of the Maiden story help in understanding the game rules.
So...for those that know the band and have studied the inserts on the game does the story of the game follow an existing Maiden story? -TIA

There isn’t really a continuous maiden story ... more like frequently used topics. Many maiden songs have lyrics that keep to a story... verse just a song about a hamburger. They frequently use topics from wwii Britain, British military, or even some classic novel stuff.

What Keith mentioned is for the modes he tried to follow the song lyrics. But overall in the game it just seems to be about Eddie verse the beast and collecting your soul pieces. Simple protagonist setup. Eddie is just your hero who is always decorated up in character to the setting

#2172 6 years ago

I read the comic book (same title as game) and it seems to follow that specific storyline quite closely. Worth a read too, it’s cool. Only 4 issues out so far, one more to go. Can be read digitally, I downloaded mine on my iPad via Comixology.

#2173 6 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Dude, dont you have anything better to do with your time? BTW, the Red Wings SUCK!!!

I'm just killing time till my IMDN shows up. Yeah not a wings fan.

#2174 6 years ago

Heads-up, anyone?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2175 6 years ago

A peak behind the curtains of the genius double diverter ping-pong loop design. So delighted it made the transfer from Archer.

Guys. Just wait till you experience the Trooper Multiball start sequence in person. Oh dear.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2176 6 years ago

#2177 6 years ago
Quoted from soren:

A peak behind the curtains of the genius double diverter ping-pong loop design. So delighted it made the transfer from Archer.
Guys. Just wait till you experience the Trooper Multiball start sequence in person. Oh dear.

Interesting that the left one is metal and the right one is the dreaded nylon?/plastic. I hope it's more reliable than the plastic one they used on the Metallica Pro.

#2178 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I don't like broccoli, I tried it again last night and its horrible! Question for you guys who claim to like broccoli, are you pretending to like it to make your wife happy by eating what she cooks? or are you just a poser pretending to eat things that are good for you? I guess what I am trying to say is that if I don't like broccoli its bad!... and you shouldn't like it either!

White broccoli and onion pizza is one of my favorites. Mmm probably gonna order one tonight. I'd never waste a good pretend on food, you only get so many before it looks like your pretending.

#2179 6 years ago

So, what do you think Soren?

#2180 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Exactly

The game looks magnificant & I am 99% sure one will land in my basement. Good pinball is good pinball.

#2181 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Exactly
The game looks magnificant & I am 99% sure one will land in my basement. Good pinball is good pinball.

I think Larry, Moe, and Shemp would agree.

#2182 6 years ago

I actually feel kinda bad for you guys who hate Maiden's music. Looking at that playlist of 12 songs that I have loved for so many years, and the thought of playing a pin designed around it is incredible to me. I will probably have tears of joy streaming down my face playing this game!

#2183 6 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

I actually feel kinda bad for you guys who hate Maiden's music.

Well you shouldn't. I feel nothing for them, they lose out because of their shit taste in music. I'd like to change Fear of the Dark for a PD classic from Killers otherwise loving the playlist. Can't wait for my pro.

#2184 6 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

I actually feel kinda bad for you guys who hate Maiden's music. Looking at that playlist of 12 songs that I have loved for so many years, and the thought of playing a pin designed around it is incredible to me. I will probably have tears of joy streaming down my face playing this game!

624CC452-4C01-43AE-925A-6B0EBF8BA3C1 (resized).jpeg624CC452-4C01-43AE-925A-6B0EBF8BA3C1 (resized).jpeg

#2185 6 years ago

So Iron Maiden has never really been a staple of my musical diet (I’ve always liked Fear of the Dark, but I’ve had the impression it is considered one of the poor IM albums), but since all the talk on the forums I pulled out all the records and put them on my smartphone and have been grooving to Iron Maiden since several weeks now. It is really growing on me. I think their music is perhaps not as immediately accessible as Judas Priest, but I’m finding there is a fair amount of suble depth - interesting instumental passages, sudden rhythm changes, great drumming (I often find myself wishing the drums were louder in the mix - one of the things I like about Metallica records) and pretty courageous vocals.

Still not sure of the idea of a music pin - if I have all the records... but the layout is super intriguing and I really like that it appears so much time and thought went into it and the rules. I imagine the music, together with sound effects and call outs will create a high energy pinball game.

#2186 6 years ago

For those that don't like Iron Maiden music why not just do a quick re-theme to another band or something. For example slap on some Kiss decals over the name on the backglass and cabinet, change out the music and bang, you have a better Kiss pin (haha, jk).

90% of the people out there don't even know Eddie art is Iron Maiden.

#2187 6 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

For those that don't like Iron Maiden music why not just do a quick re-theme to another band or something. For example slap on some Kiss decals over the backglass and cabinet, change out the music and bang, you have a better Kiss pin .
90% of the people out there don't even know Eddie art is Iron Maiden.

how about, just buy something else?

#2188 6 years ago

Do we have a code version on these shipped games?

#2189 6 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

how about.. just buy something else?

Obviously, some people like the pin design, its elements/toys, coding and art, but not the music. Shockingly, this happens from time to time , and there are ways around it other than buying something else and missing out on what some people may want otherwise. Or is it better to shame even talk of rethemes now?

#2190 6 years ago

you pay for it, you can do whatever you want!

#2191 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

you pay for it, you can do whatever you want!

This might be my first dabble into pinball browser. I’m thinking weird AL. He’s awesome.

#2193 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

The games new tag line ... Buy an Iron Maiden Pinball, even if you can't stand listening to us.

#2194 6 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

spade1 (resized).jpgspade1 (resized).jpg

#2195 6 years ago

f5ae03eded9efac679c9d3071f1fc6ac (resized).jpgf5ae03eded9efac679c9d3071f1fc6ac (resized).jpg

jd (resized).jpgjd (resized).jpg

#2196 6 years ago

Its all good. We're all different. I was driving yesterday when Anthrax came on, and I thought about how we all have opinions, and they are still valid. Anthrax was part of the Big 4, loved by many. I love Scott Ian and Charlie Benante's playing, but could never get into any of their vocalists. I tried and tried, just didn't do it for me. So I get where a lot of y'all are coming from. We like what we like, there is no right or wrong.
With that being said, if you think Maiden is old and obsolete, so are those pantyhose yer wearin.

#2197 6 years ago

This kind of thinking that's the real sad part of pinball today.

#2198 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

This kind of thinking that's the real sad part of pinball today.

or maybe I'm just weary of people saying they hate iron maiden in a thread about an iron maiden game..

#2199 6 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

Same here. One of my first concerts was the seventh son tour in 88. I have Seen Maiden many times since and cannot wait to play this game! Pinball and my favorite metal band, ya can't go wrong.

#2200 6 years ago

or maybe I'm just weary of people saying they hate iron maiden in a thread about an iron maiden game..

themes aren't everything man...playing is cool too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Trade
$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Wanted
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/44?hl=jefryan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.