20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 144.
#2051 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

That will add a lot to this game..

Yeah, a lot of repairs.

#2052 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

nah, pretty much always the PRO is the way to go.
LE is for deep pockets and people that just gotta have it on for a particular band/theme.
There is no doubt that the pro will be the players/shooters game on this one.

Looks like the premium will have all /most of the archer features which is how it was designed ..unlike the pro where its missing some things.

#2053 6 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

Yeah, a lot of repairs.

Doubt it since it is a very simple mechanical function.
I have never had to service it once on my 28 year old Whirlwind.

#2054 6 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

Yeah, a lot of repairs.

Nah. It should not be that complexed of a mechanism.

Worth it to me. But to each his own. I will probably never play your pin and you will probably never play mine. Since I have no clue where Goteborg is ..LOL.

Thinking out loud here but imagine medieval madness with no mechanical drawbridge or mechanical gate .

#2055 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Looks like the premium will have all /most of the archer features which is how it was designed ..unlike the pro where its missing some things.

Once the Premium is out you will see just how much the Pro is missing.

#2056 6 years ago

Any updates on when the premium/LE will be revealed?

#2057 6 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Any updates on when the premium/LE will be revealed?

They said it's not a marketing strategy, they're waiting for final sign off from the licensee. In the Coast 2 Coast podcast they mention getting notes back from Steve Harris ( who is famously rigid on the Maiden IP ).

#2058 6 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

They said it's not a marketing strategy, they're waiting for final sign off from the licensee. In the Coast 2 Coast podcast they mention getting notes back from Steve Harris ( who is famously rigid on the Maiden IP ).

Sounds like it could be a while then. Thanks. I had heard the end of the month, but was hoping that was wrong.

#2059 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Nah. It should not be that complexed of a mechanism.
Worth it to me. But to each his own. I will probably never play your pin and you will probably never play mine. Since I have no clue where Goteborg is ..LOL.
Thinking out loud here but imagine medieval madness with no mechanical drawbridge or mechanical gate .

It's either in Nebraska or Sweden. Depending on how adventurous you feel.

#2060 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

The pro missing some things will most likely give it more “flow” and less “stop-n-go” if that’s good or bad is entirely preference.

#2061 6 years ago

Either model will be bad ass. My thought is Keith already had the design perfected with his Archer Homebrew machine. I'm sure Stern gave him free reign to include everything he wanted on the Premium/LE playfield, where the Pro he had to remove (or simply not include) everything in his design due to budget constraints.

Since this is Keith's first pin with Stern, I'd want the full experience of his design. Im sure he wants to make a name for himself with this pin, and I personally want the version he went all out on. But that's my opinion only, of course.

#2062 6 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

My thought is Keith already had the design perfected with his Archer Homebrew machine.

You should really listen to the c2c podcast interview with Keith. He discusses this at detail... including some of the 'cheats' he was able to do with a homebrew that had to be changed to make them into a real stern game (like shortening the PF).. and that's where some of the Gomez input came from.

#2063 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You should really listen to the c2c podcast interview with Keith. He discusses this at detail... including some of the 'cheats' he was able to do with a homebrew that had to be changed to make them into a real stern game (like shortening the PF).. and that's where some of the Gomez input came from.

I’ve often wondered why we can’t have more “deepbodies” to add new possibilities to playfield design. When was the last one - Af-Tor?

#2064 6 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

It's either in Nebraska or Sweden. Depending on how adventurous you feel.

Not to bad 3,684 miles..

A333CBE1-61DE-4DCF-9F05-30A2FE85C2E6 (resized).jpegA333CBE1-61DE-4DCF-9F05-30A2FE85C2E6 (resized).jpeg

#2065 6 years ago

lol come on over, we've got plenty pinball machines here.

Btw first Iron Maiden packed and filmed recently by Stern is apparently a european machine going to Austria.

B5FBFCDF-F234-441B-B416-001CF5ED1AD2.pngB5FBFCDF-F234-441B-B416-001CF5ED1AD2.png

#2066 6 years ago

Rumour has it that Iron Maiden premiers in Copenhagen tomorrow (and I have other duties, bummer).

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2067 6 years ago
Quoted from soren:

Rumour has it that Iron Maiden premiers in Copenhagen tomorrow (and I have other duties, bummer).

The only words I got out of that are "Iron Fucking Maiden".

#2068 6 years ago

Wow that must have gone on a plane vs a boat!

#2069 6 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

The only words I got out of that are "Iron Fucking Maiden".

That's all i can translate also. It's got to be good..

#2070 6 years ago
Quoted from soren:

More decent video please!

#2071 6 years ago
Quoted from soren:

Translation (courtesy of Google Translate) of the Danish (surprising, as I assumed Dutch) message embedded in the photo above of the allegedly first IMDN owner:

"Hi, everyone. This is the word's first Iron Maiden pinball machine in the flesh (in 'reality'). It is the foremost established throughout the world."

#2072 6 years ago

Underworld pic of premium from Facebook looks killer

#2073 6 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

What? Where? When?

#2074 6 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

No No that’s a pro.

#2075 6 years ago

Nope it’s the premium has the underworld

#2076 6 years ago

LE backglass possibility

33CCC04F-8244-44E4-A97F-97FA3B6003D9 (resized).jpeg33CCC04F-8244-44E4-A97F-97FA3B6003D9 (resized).jpeg

#2077 6 years ago

Premium backglass?

90350D99-D5F0-4256-B739-B929F1943978 (resized).jpeg90350D99-D5F0-4256-B739-B929F1943978 (resized).jpeg

#2078 6 years ago

Incoming!

#2079 6 years ago

Ok I like the cat shirts...where can I buy one for my machine?

#2080 6 years ago

2796A395-BE79-4732-94FB-DB00F58A4EC6 (resized).png2796A395-BE79-4732-94FB-DB00F58A4EC6 (resized).png

#2081 6 years ago

It’s definitely the premium no underworld on the pro

#2082 6 years ago

I fired up Iron Maiden on Spotify today in hopes to find a new appreciation for this mullet music

Still sucks (IMO, no offense, Geneva convention, etc)

Those of you claiming to be fans... do you like the actual music or do you just like the "heavy metal" image/stereotype?

I'm likely to buy one if coded well & the Premium is loaded with ill shit + Egypt art, which rumors support.

But dang, are you Maiden fans really fans?

#2083 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I hope not...that shit is terrible.

Just promise me one thing man, if after I've been playing the game for awHile I start to like that trash, do the honorable thing

thankschief (resized).jpgthankschief (resized).jpg

#2084 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I fired up Iron Maiden on Spotify today in hopes to find a new appreciation for this mullet music
Those of you claiming to be fans... do you like the actual music or do you just like the "heavy metal" image/stereotype?
I'm likely to buy one if coded well & the Premium is loaded with ill shit + Egypt art, which rumors support.

I share your lack of appreciation for the music.
Question for you though: do you think if we were to sub in the instrumental versions instead, it might actually be pretty awesome?

#2085 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Question for you though: do you think if we were to sub in the instrumental versions instead, it might actually be pretty awesome?

Well it couldn't be worse for sure...but probably wont be much better. Obviously, I'm not a knowledgeable person with their music but luckily people have posted like 100,000 youtube links to their music and it seems very middle of the road metal.
It's not what I would call "hard," it's more musical than normal cock rock I guess, but is there a reason for it? What I've heard kinda sounds like a heavy metal Rush; Without all the top notch musical chops.
I guess my point is Dick's voice just sort of sounds like another guitar they probably don't need. I didn't like Metallica at all, and didn't like them after i owned the game...but they came from a harder place it seemed which is more relateable (sic) to some of the music I listen to.
Agian it's all new to me so we shall see.

#2086 6 years ago

I happen to love Iron Maiden. Many others seem to as well. Can you take your awesome taste to another thread and crap on it instead?

#2087 6 years ago

Thank you Hougie, was about to say the same. I have been out of the hobby for at least a year. Just saw that Iron Maiden is out. Hot shit, been waiting forever for this. Cant wait to get a premium, it will be my only machine. Love em!!

#2088 6 years ago

Maiden is classic METAL. If you don't like it, that's cool. I'm sure a Barry Manilow pin will be made eventually, just for you guys.

#2090 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Hell yes we are. Maybe you should listen to it backwards? Might be a Revelation.

#2092 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I don't like broccoli, I tried it again last night and its horrible! Question for you guys who claim to like broccoli, are you pretending to like it to make your wife happy by eating what she cooks? or are you just a poser pretending to eat things that are good for you? I guess what I am trying to say is that if I don't like broccoli its bad!... and you shouldn't like it either!

#2093 6 years ago

If you ask 90% of metal bands today if they owe some debt of gratitude to bands like Maiden, Sabbath, Zeppelin for paving the path for todays Metal bands they would agree. Like was said above Maiden is classic metal. They were heavy and edgy and sang lyrics and showed visuals that at the time had the media calling them satanic (which was way off). They touch on War and racism, cults, Catholicism.

I remember being a kid and having my cousin hammering this music into my head and being scared of the posters of eddies brains showing on the back of his door. I love this band and this music and I don't expect most people these days to understand. This is a dream pin for me that I never thought would see the light of day. I was skeptical but Stern has done it justice and I'm stoked to get my LE!

Up the Irons!!!!

#2094 6 years ago

Lead singer has a perfect voice.......for silent movies.

#2095 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Instrumentals? Bruce has one of the best sounds.. even live.

Listen to tracks like Fear of the Dark for it's long choruses if you can't like this track.. boo to you

This is a good live set too

Or if you want the older sound of just fast metal (vs their epics)

#2096 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well it couldn't be worse for sure...but probably wont be much better. Obviously, I'm not a knowledgeable person with their music but luckily people have posted like 100,000 youtube links to their music and it seems very middle of the road metal.
It's not what I would call "hard," it's more musical than normal cock rock I guess, but is there a reason for it? What I've heard kinda sounds like a heavy metal Rush; Without all the top notch musical chops.
I guess my point is Dick's voice just sort of sounds like another guitar they probably don't need. I didn't like Metallica at all, and didn't like them after i owned the game...but they came from a harder place it seemed which is more relateable (sic) to some of the music I listen to.
Agian it's all new to me so we shall see.

This isn't metal enough for you?

#2097 6 years ago

Cool. I'll take whatever teases I can get, but I'd like some more, please.

#2098 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

» YouTube video

Right, THAT is. I haven't researched a ton of that stuff because it isn't in the Pin. That guys voice is good and that stuff sounds pretty cool for the genre. Just skimming through Powerslave & somehwere in time is where my current info is coming from. When the machine comes I'll be learning tons more.

#2099 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Some people hate scotch initially, then grow to appreciate and enjoy it. But some people always hate whisky. Taste is taste. Personal to each person.

#2100 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

» YouTube video

God, I love the Paul stuff! They really should have included at least one of his songs. That's my only gripe.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/42?hl=benlogan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.