20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 144.
#2001 6 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Looking at the newest Stern factory video and you can see "EGYPT PRO" on the edge of each playfield in the rack.
So does that mean that Egypt is the Stern codename?

yup (resized).jpgyup (resized).jpg

#2002 6 years ago

The premiums are "egypt" theme, ala' Powerslave.

#2003 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Oh Damn that's cool! where did you find that? That would make sense for the LE BG... I really like it!!

Google. It looks nice.

#2004 6 years ago

One of my favorite things to do is put on a record while I shop my games. Tonight’s selection:

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#2005 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

One of my favorite things to do is put on a record while I shop my games. Tonight’s selection:

That would be a great Premium Backglass.

#2006 6 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

That would be a great Premium Backglass.

Agreed. It would tie in the rest of the artwork perfectly.

#2007 6 years ago

OMG!

Some lucky dude is gonna get his IMDN Pro next week!! Maybe even sooner!

Me so jealous.

#2008 6 years ago

I can tell yer excited. There's no **.

#2009 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

OMG!
Some lucky dude is gonna get his IMDN Pro next week!! Maybe even sooner!
Me so jealous.

sounds like the first 30 are going straight to MGC next week.

The rest head on a boat across the ocean and then the domestics start shipping after that. I am hoping the rumor is true! Can yo imagine a line up of 30 IMDN next Friday to play!!!!! so much fun to have the general public get to play so many of them.

#2010 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

sounds like the first 30 are going straight to MGC next week.
The rest head on a boat across the ocean and then the domestics start shipping after that. I am hoping the rumor is true! Can yo imagine a line up of 30 IMDN next Friday to play!!!!! so much fun to have the general public get to play so many of them.

Oh.

Some dude is *not* going to get his IMDN Pro next week.

Still, at least convention goers will get to try it and *then* some lucky dude will take it home!

You know the discussion will turn to mods the minute any Pinsiders take delivery!

#2012 6 years ago

Even though I like the Trooper artwork better I think the Powerslave artwork will tie in much better to the entire game and playfield. Cant wait to see this one in the Premium so I can choose my model and get this game in my collection.

#2013 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I love vinyl records, but while shopping games? No thanks.. next thing you know you need to turn the record over and your hands are dirty, you’ve got solder in your teeth and a hot soldering iron in the other..

Also, picture discs? Have some self respect man, those are wall hangers!

#2014 6 years ago

Great history here

Very well done

Perfect detail for new Maiden fans
Looking forward to part 4

Thank you Keith for embracing the theme so well
and thank you team Stern for the amazing effort !

Up the Irons !

#2015 6 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

I love vinyl records, but while shopping games? No thanks.. next thing you know you need to turn the record over and your hands are dirty, you’ve got solder in your teeth and a hot soldering iron in the other..
Also, picture discs? Have some self respect man, those are wall hangers!

Totally caught me! This is what I was really listening to:

E5E653C6-759A-4F65-9283-9521D2FE2BB0 (resized).jpegE5E653C6-759A-4F65-9283-9521D2FE2BB0 (resized).jpeg

#2016 6 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

... you’ve got solder in your teeth and a hot soldering iron in the other

Hoping that holding (lead) solder I your teeth is just some kind of expression - not recommended!!!!! Even injesting small amounts of lead will build up over time in your body and eventually cause damage to brain and nervous system, the stomach, and the kidneys. Silver is OK except for werewolves

#2017 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Totally caught me! This is what I was really listening to:

Nice! I love those guys!

#2018 6 years ago

My local pinball bar posted they're getting it on the floor 4/16

#2019 6 years ago
Quoted from Cantaffordgames:

That's great news if accurate. My distro thinks they "might" ship in 2-3 weeks.

#2020 6 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

That's great news if accurate. My distro thinks they "might" ship in 2-3 weeks.

Pro model of course

#2021 6 years ago

Hey Stern! It’s not too late to add another 100 or two LEs to the run. I know I would buy one. They would all sell.

#2022 6 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

Hey Stern! It’s not too late to add another 100 or two LEs to the run. I know I would buy one. They would all sell.

Too late. Gary Stern hath decreed 500:

#2023 6 years ago

Nothing to stop Stern making different versions of Premiums. If machine is a big seller like Stern hope, there are plenty of possibilities for different premium versions. Number of the beast is the first one that comes to mind. I actually think this is all part of Sterns master plan. Congratulations to all the new owners!

#2024 6 years ago

I thought about this - I got an idea that would give Stern a pass.

They could say:

“Stern Pinball has partnered with The Pinball Outreach Project in their quest to provide pinball machines to needy children. We will be donating the proceeds of Iron Maiden LE #666 to this worthy cause. As such, we will be increasing the production run to 666 games to make this happen.
Iron Maiden LE #666 will be sold by public tender process, starting 1 May 2018 and ending on 5 May. The highest bidder will own this great piece of Iron Maiden memorabilia and he supporting our favourite charity.
Stern Pinball supports The Pinball Outreach Project and looks forward to partnering again with them in the future”

Wow. That sounds pretty good if I do say so myself.

Accent the positive
Eliminate the negative

Boom - 165 more pins at say 7500 wholesale = $1,235,000 smackers for Gary. Win.

rd

#2025 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I thought about this - I got an idea that would give Stern a pass.
They could say:
“Stern Pinball has partnered with The Pinball Outreach Project in their quest to provide pinball machines to needy children. We will be donating the proceeds of Iron Maiden LE #666 to this worthy cause. As such, we will be increasing the production run to 666 games to make this happen.
Iron Maiden LE #666 will be sold by public tender process, starting 1 May 2018 and ending on 5 May. The highest bidder will own this great piece of Iron Maiden memorabilia and he supporting our favourite charity.
Stern Pinball supports The Pinball Outreach Project and looks forward to partnering again with them in the future”
Wow. That sounds pretty good if I do say so myself.
Accent the positive
Eliminate the negative
Boom - 165 more pins at say 7500 wholesale = $1,235,000 smackers for Gary. Win.
rd

Love the idea of Stern donating a pin to needy children but the rest would just be a cash grab! LE’s are supposed to be limited and 500 barley qualifys.

#2026 6 years ago

Pro model of course

Yes. Same here.

#2027 6 years ago

Just added to LOTB, pretty cool:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BhKb3JVArJ1/

Would be great for LCD integration.

#2028 6 years ago

Didn’t they double the Batman LE’s after they sold out?

I know it happened to a game. Not sure which one tho

#2029 6 years ago

Metallica LEs come up all the time. So will this. 500 is not very limited.

#2030 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I think originally there was gunna be 30 SLE BM66 anniversary games
but Stern added 50 anniversary of BM66 - 80 SLE games is still very limited run!

#2031 6 years ago

In case you're heading to Minneapolis this month:

https://www.facebook.com/tiltpinballbar/

The sixteenth!

O...M...G!!!!!!

#2032 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

They had no problem almost tripling the SLEs. Went from 30 to 80 with the thinnest of pretenses.

They could easily up the Iron Maiden LEs to 666 where it should have been when announced.

#2033 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I think originally there was gunna be 30 SLE BM66 anniversary games
but Stern added 50 anniversary of BM66 - 80 SLE games is still very limited run!

But with only keeping 200 Maiden LEs in the US, that's EXTREMELY limited for the US market. 300 or 350 is more reasonable, which they could easily do with a 666 run.

#2034 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Metallica LEs come up all the time. So will this. 500 is not very limited.

I don't know that MOPLE's appear for sale "all the time," really.

I see one a month at most.

How many BIBLE AC/DC's were made? How many LTBR's? Weren't there 500 of each? And yet somehow examples of those LE's command between nine- and twelve large. By that rationale, the IMDNLE, with its JJP-grade extras and even-lower production numbers, could see even higher rates of appreciation than did AC/DCLE.

I still think the music is going to sour a lot of would be buyers on this title. All those piercing metal vocals from Bruce are going to annoy the heck of most people. The music of AC/DC, by comparison, is easy for just about anyone to tolerate happily. Even if you don't in fact like it, you can play/enjoy a pin with its theme.

#2035 6 years ago

No matter what Stern does people have to find fault. If they made 1000 LE's everyone would have said that is too many and not really limited.

#2036 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

I don't know that MOPLE's appear for sale "all the time," really.
I see one a month at most.
How many BIBLE AC/DC's were made? How many LTBR's? Weren't there 500 of each? And yet somehow examples of those LE's command between nine- and twelve large.

300 and 200 respectively, although lots of the LTBRs were shipped overseas. Only leaving 200 Maiden LEs in the US is leaving a LOT of money on the table. Stern finally gets it right and they turn around and get it wrong.

#2037 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

300 and 200 respectively, although lots of the LTBRs were shipped overseas. Only leaving 200 Maiden LEs in the US is leaving a LOT of money on the table. Stern finally gets it right and they turn around and get it wrong.

Leaving $$$ on the table is what makes it "limited" and allows them to sell them for more $$$ and bigger profits in the future. The worst thing they could do is continue to try and squeeze every dime out of every product while destroying the future secondary market in the process.

When you keep raising prices you better do something to make it more desirable.

No they got it right this time.

#2038 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Leaving $$$ on the table is what makes it "limited" and allows them to sell them for more $$$ and bigger profits in the future. The worst thing they could do is continue to try and squeeze every dime out of every product while destroying the future secondary market in the process.

Exactly!

#2039 6 years ago

they are picking one up from MGC that weekend.

#2040 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Plus finally adding the glass, blades, high quality sound.. sometimes you gotta listen to what customers want!!

#2041 6 years ago

But leaving the US allocation artifically low (and 200 MAIDEN LE for the US is artifically low) all this will do is set up for a replay of the AC/DC Luci situation where when Premiums slow down they make a "special art package" premium that ends up being more rare than the LEs, and commanding a price premium just because. Keep the LEs, LEs and the Premiums premium. Premiums should ALWAYS be more plentiful than LEs.

#2042 6 years ago

Stern will keep the Maiden LE at 500. It will keep consumers on there toes for future sales.

They will sell a ton of Pros and Prems.

I believe the licensing might have something to do with the amount.

4FC84D14-8931-4FF3-AD1A-6AEADE1DE028.jpeg4FC84D14-8931-4FF3-AD1A-6AEADE1DE028.jpeg

#2043 6 years ago

As long as the Premiums can add a shaker motor I will be happy.

#2044 6 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

As long as the Premiums can add a shaker motor I will be happy.

Stern is happy to provide Premiums pre-T-Nutted for shaker motors to squeeze another $99-$139 out of Premium owners.

#2045 6 years ago

Am I wrong, thinking that Iron Maiden LE has almost all the features as the Crazy land, Super high priced Batman ed, Special, extra, etc?

This is a great step for Sten, actually making the LE have more features than the premium, making it worth (some) of the extra price diff.

(Yes I got an LE, My first ever LE, this time)

I hope that they stay on this path in the future.

#2046 6 years ago

To me the Premium is the only logical way to go.
LE: you pay a lot for stuff that does absolutely nothing for the gameplay.
Pro: you miss out on a lot of things that does a lot for the gameplay.

#2047 6 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

To me the Premium is the only logical way to go.
LE: you pay a lot for stuff that does absolutely nothing for the gameplay.
Pro: you miss out on a lot of things that does a lot for the gameplay.

nah, pretty much always the PRO is the way to go.

LE is for deep pockets and people that just gotta have it on for a particular band/theme.

There is no doubt that the pro will be the players/shooters game on this one.

#2048 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Stern is happy to provide Premiums pre-T-Nutted for shaker motors to squeeze another $99-$139 out of Premium owners.

Funny thing is everyone I know gets the lastest rev Pinball Life shaker. Works very well. At least the LE comes with a shaker. Sounds pathetic, but some recent LE models did NOT...

#2049 6 years ago
Quoted from karl:

Am I wrong, thinking that Iron Maiden LE has almost all the features as the Crazy land, Super high priced Batman ed, Special, extra, etc?
This is a great step for Sten, actually making the LE have more features than the premium, making it worth (some) of the extra price diff.
(Yes I got an LE, My first ever LE, this time)
I hope that they stay on this path in the future.

We'll see when it's shown. Doubt if the BoM will be as high. Unlikely, since the rotisserie was very badly engineered - and thus far more expensive than it should have been, as well as potentially unreliable and a nightmare to service.

But they may be feeling some heat after the lead balloon of SW, then very few GotG LE (or even Premium) sales, and pressure from the competition. Certainly they're suddenly hiring a lot more people.

They're still the 'cheap' option though in terms of actual costs incurred by the manufacturer. A BM'66 SLE or Iron Maiden LE will be far less costly to make than a JJP DI or PotC Standard. There's just so much less in them, and build quality isn't even close.

#2050 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

nah, pretty much always the PRO is the way to go.
LE is for deep pockets and people that just gotta have it on for a particular band/theme.
There is no doubt that the pro will be the players/shooters game on this one.

Center ramp shot Moves up and down on Pre and LE not sure it does on the pro.. That will add a lot to this game..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Trade
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Williamsburg, VA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/41 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.