20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 144.
#1951 6 years ago

I'm starting to think that there are more than 12 songs in this game. Maybe 12 selectable background songs but there are surely several other mode driven or boss fight ones. I've been looking a lot on gameplay from the mobile game and how that world and bosses are presented. Stern talks about going on an epic quest with Eddie as the protagonist fighting minions (exactly as the mobile game) and every world features a different design and integration, of which all are presented on the playfield.

Stern haven't spilled everything yet. I hope.

#1952 6 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

I'm starting to think that there are more than 12 songs in this game. Maybe 12 selectable background songs but there are surely several other mode driven or boss fight ones. I've been looking a lot on gameplay from the mobile game and how that world and bosses are presented. Stern talks about going on an epic quest with Eddie as the protagonist fighting minions (exactly as the mobile game) and every world features a different design and integration, of which all are presented on the playfield.
Stern haven't spilled everything yet. I hope.

Well, it's possible the Prem/LE has an extra song or two, but the Pro has only 12. The credits for each are at the beginning of the service manual.

#1953 6 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I didn't meet Keith, but some guy was there standing next to it and said he did all the programming.

Yeah, and some guy was playing it, said he pressed all the buttons...

#1954 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Actually, how fucking funny would be be if the LE came out with original Ed the Head art and backglass? Just imagine Pinside exploding .... hahaha
rd

Dave

Go to your room now !

50 says you will end up owning a Premo or LE

#1955 6 years ago

Just got confirmation of my LE, can’t wait for the reveal

#1956 6 years ago

Seeing that the band has 50 LE’s allocated I wonder how much input they have with ZY.

#1957 6 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Dave
Go to your room now !
50 says you will end up owning a Premo or LE

Nope. Won’t buy LEs any more - MetLE was the last one. It was $4000 cheaper than the new ones are. After Metallica, they just kept going up and up and up with every release.

So I made a stand. No more.

I don’t need them.

Even the pros are too fucking expensive here. $9,800. ($7000 USD) So I wait for used ones or bring one in from overseas.

I made a stand and I’m sticking with it.

I have no FOMO whatsoever. I leave that to all you guys.

rd

#1958 6 years ago

I wonder how many Stern has sold already?? 1000????

#1959 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Seeing that the band has 50 LE’s allocated I wonder how much input they have with ZY.

I'd expect something similar as to when KISS LE came out. People forget that the band had an allocation of 50 LEs for that game as well. It's not the first time that a band has had a large allocation to themselves. In their case they autographed the apron cards and sold them for an inflated price to their biggest fans direct. KISS LE also had foil cab graphics and a real mirrored backglass like IMDN.

Even Metallica had a fairly large number of LEs reserved for their fanclub.

#1960 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'd expect something similar as to when KISS LE came out. People forget that the band had an allocation of 50 LEs for that game as well. It's not the first time that a band has had a large allocation to themselves. In their case they autographed the apron cards and sold them for an inflated price to their biggest fans direct. KISS LE also had foil cab graphics and a real mirrored backglass like IMDN.
Even Metallica had a fairly large number of LEs reserved for their fanclub.

Awesome Thanks for the post

Would be very cool to see where the all LE allocation ends up

The Auto'd have to be worth more, Wish I could get Maiden to sign mine !

Cheers

#1961 6 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Cheers

I really hope most are going to close friends, family, or road crew of the band and not a cash grab. Steve Harris and Gene Simmons are very different people, but it's his IP and he can do whatever the hell he likes.

#1962 6 years ago

Every time I see this thread bumped with fire, I expect the premium to be revealed.

#1963 6 years ago

Last week josh from stern said the premium/le pics would take a couple weeks before release so maybe be next week or the following before we see them.

Quoted from Monk:

Every time I see this thread bumped with fire, I expect the premium to be revealed.

#1964 6 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Very vali points.
I take back my original statement about it being a bad purchase if you don't like the music.
I should have thought about the comment a little more before posting it, especially since my wife does not like Metallica's music but really loves the pin. Great point.
For me, I've actually played the Archer machine a couple years ago at the Arcade Expo in Banning. I remember the layout pretty well thinking it was very unique and I really liked how it flowed. The Archer stuff was cool too.
I didn't meet Keith, but some guy was there standing next to it and said he did all the programming.
For me, I'm probably one of the few people who have actually already played the game, in a weird way, then anyone in this thread. I was sold when the theme was Iron Maiden, and I'm definitely sold that it's Keith's layout.
It's going to be one of Stern's best pins in the last several years, almost guaranteed in my opinion. Fresh designer, fresh code ideas, newly hired and hopefully eager coder, etc etc. I haven't been this excited about a pin in a long time.

That's cool that you've got to play Archer! I agree with you...I think it's going to be Stern's best in years. It's great having new blood design games. Keith crushed it with this pin.

#1965 6 years ago

Might be something else today.

It's the first Tuesday of the month!

#1966 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Might be something else today.
It's the first Tuesday of the month!

That would be great. C'mon Maiden!!!

#1967 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I haven’t heard a single person hate on this game. Only people that do not like the band’s music. I’ll be shocked if this game isn’t a pimping good time.

I don't like Iron Maiden as a band, but the layout on this looks great!

#1968 6 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Cheers

I read that Maiden will have pins in their VIP tent on the upcoming tour. Maybe these LEs are for that.

#1969 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The credits for eacy are at the beginning of the service manual.

Where are you seeing that at? link?

#1970 6 years ago

Stern posted on Facebook the first iron maiden going in it's box.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156396715874244&id=136972659243

#1971 6 years ago

How many bands out there have their frontman fly a 747 for their world tour? Ed Force One should be in the game as an Easter egg somehow lol

ed-force-one-42547 (resized).jpged-force-one-42547 (resized).jpg

#1972 6 years ago

Awesome! Wonder who is the lucky person getting the first one off the line? Are the first ones going to Germany?

#1973 6 years ago

(Box) Up the Irons!

#1974 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

For those that aren’t fans of the music but want to own or like this pin. Have a listen to Powerslave album from start to finish. Don’t do any of that BS download a couple random songs and listen to 10 second spurts. Maiden was around in the time where albums actually meant something to listen to from start to finish. And If that does nothing for you, then there’s no hope, spend your time and money elsewhere

This guy gets it!

#1975 6 years ago

Maybe Stern will retheme this game as Riff Raff for the rest of us?

There's already an art package on a T-shirt to get Stern rolling.

Codeine multiball!

Chop'n Blades Wizard mode!

Callouts by Dirt Nasty

TNA style sound effects by Hypercrush

12 song modes by Riff Raff himself.

Purple Drank powdercoated armor!

Xanax skillshot with Xanadu music

Keep the Egypt theme too!

placeholder-title (resized).jpgplaceholder-title (resized).jpg

Screenshot_20180403-103952 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20180403-103952 (resized).jpg

#1976 6 years ago

Nothing wrong With Bruce Dickinson.

But it is hard to compete with "the Bruce Dickinson"

https://vimeo.com/233207393

#1978 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Nope. Won’t buy LEs any more - MetLE was the last one. It was $4000 cheaper than the new ones are. After Metallica, they just kept going up and up and up with every release.
So I made a stand. No more.
I don’t need them.
Even the pros are too fucking expensive here. $9,800. ($7000 USD) So I wait for used ones or bring one in from overseas.
I made a stand and I’m sticking with it.
I have no FOMO whatsoever. I leave that to all you guys.
rd

I’m in a similar place. I even check with my preferred distributors, but find mylsef gasping at the rapid rise in prices over the last few years. STLE was my last. But I have several pros now and I’m quite happy. I find myself enjoying the savings way more than the thrill of opening a box.

Despite that, I’m still buying a TNA direct from Spooky. So I can’t say I’m totally out on new games.

#1979 6 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

If this had a toy like sparky somehwere this could be the best stern lay out in years. Kinda missng a main toy. But everything else looks fantastic.
I also think their music is great for pinball, even if you are not a fan of the music.
Hope the premium gives me that extra toy. Looks great guys.

Well the entire back of the playfield is a 3D "toy" on the Prem/LE with the egyptian temple being a 4 layer plastic that has depth, and the ramp target a central focal point. I think you need to see the game in person to appreciate that it doesn't in fact, need another central toy at all.

#1980 6 years ago

Also, it seems the new Stern minimum pricing chased me off some more. I’m not chased off from Stern games, I really like them. I am chased off from NIB Stern games, at least, for now.

I would love to see a little chart of the MSRP vs Street Price for Sterns over the last few years. I certainly saw a nice bump.

#1981 6 years ago

Back to Iron Maiden. This game looks like a blast to play and I’m looking forward to seeing it in person!

#1982 6 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-the-children-and-win-a-new-stern/page/50#post-43169

IrMa has been added to both the Pro and Premium raffle tickets for Project Pinball. Let's sell this out.

#1983 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Well the entire back of the playfield is a 3D "toy" on the Prem/LE with the egyptian temple being a 4 layer plastic that has depth, and the ramp target a central focal point. I think you need to see the game in person to appreciate that it doesn't in fact, need another central toy at all.

Have you seen it?

#1984 6 years ago

** Elwin on Maiden's Music: **

If you listen to the Coast2Coast podcast interview with Keith Elwin, the subject of Iron Maiden's music and its appeal to Elwin personally comes up.

When asked if *he* likes the music, he replies with a fairly transparent dodge:

"I think it's good music for pinball."

That wasn't the question, Keith.

#1985 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Well it was forced on him so there's a good chance he doesn't listen to it.

#1986 6 years ago

** Elwin on Maiden's Music: **
If you listen to the Coast2Coast podcast interview with Keith Elwin, the subject of Iron Maiden's music and its appeal to Elwin personally comes up.
When asked if *he* likes the music, he replies with a fairly transparent dodge:
"I think it's good music for pinball."

I noticed that too. Oh well, not every kind of music appeals to everyone. I myself can't stand The Beatles but it doesn't mean I don't respect their significance.

#1987 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

TNA or Maiden - I can't decide. Would like both obviously!

I bought both! I'm pumped!

#1988 6 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

I myself can't stand The Beatles but it doesn't mean I don't respect their significance.

Right but that;s like a real actual popular band...and not just in South 'Merica.

#1989 6 years ago

Heard that too. I would’ve had the same response. Just politely saying the music isn’t for him but is great for pinball.

That’s how every music pin has been for me with stern (Aerosmith is closest to my wheelhouse). But one thing for sure is these types of music work with pinball.

#1990 6 years ago
Quoted from getadam:

I bought both! I'm pumped!

Ian knows what’s up. Same here, both should be coming around the same time!

#1991 6 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Have you seen it?

In my mind's eye, and it was glorious!

"Stacked backlit Egyptian temple plastics on back panel". I heard on the Elwin interview podcast I think that it will be 4 layers of plastics adding depth.

#1992 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

In my mind's eye, and it was glorious!
"Stacked backlit Egyptian temple plastics on back panel". I heard on the Elwin interview podcast I think that it will be 4 layers of plastics adding depth.

Seems like it's begging for an Indiana Jones-style 3D-printed pyramid/statue set for the backboard.

#1993 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Ian knows what’s up. Same here, both should be coming around the same time!

Screw you straight edge shitheads.
Jajaja. Color me jealous af.
Have a drink on me boys!

#1994 6 years ago

Oh man, wish I was still edge. I held out until college ended, that has to count for something right?

#1995 6 years ago

You were straight edge IN COLLEGE???
Mad respect, with a little bit of sympathy thrown in.

#1996 6 years ago

Does this qualify as a battlefield ?

EE5E8859-E6FD-4128-81A1-28074A913F17.jpegEE5E8859-E6FD-4128-81A1-28074A913F17.jpeg

#1997 6 years ago

So when are these LE / Premium pictures are coming out

#1998 6 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

So when are these LE / Premium pictures are coming out

Next week from various comments. But today on FB Elwin said "As soon as the artwork is approved", so that doesn't really help.

#1999 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Does this qualify as a battlefield ?

Oh Damn that's cool! where did you find that? That would make sense for the LE BG... I really like it!!

#2000 6 years ago

Looking at the newest Stern factory video and you can see "EGYPT PRO" on the edge of each playfield in the rack.
So does that mean that Egypt is the Stern codename?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.00
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.