20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 144.
#1851 6 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

If you do, you really have no idea what a good singer sounds like.

#1852 6 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

I'd love for any of the people hating on Bruce, saying he can't sing, listen to this song and still say that:
» YouTube video

Dude. Don't tee up the trolls like that. Haha. They post enough without poking them.

Up the Irons.

#1853 6 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

I'd love for any of the people hating on Bruce, saying he can't sing, listen to this song and still say that:
» YouTube video

For me, guys like Freddie Mercury and David Byrne blow this dude out of the water.

#1854 6 years ago

Please stop posting music links

I finally convinced myself to buy Iron Maiden

Your music video posts are giving me 2nd thoughts however

#1855 6 years ago

Keep fighting the good fight Falshburn, both Maiden and Ayreon kick ass!

#1856 6 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

Keep fighting the good fight Falshburn, both Maiden and Ayreon kick ass!

Haha, I'll do what I can to fend off the ignorant masses!

#1857 6 years ago

Hell, my wife doesnt really care for metal but thumbs up if my buddy doesn’t get one.
She enjoys good stories in pinball Elwin/ Spooky TNA etc.

#1858 6 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Too much super-pretentious, self-indulgent song, not enough singer. Couldn't get through it. I'll take classic Maiden over that any day.

#1859 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Yeah..IMDN. FeM makes me think of the Fembots on that old episode of the Bionic Woman.

Fembots, those were awesome.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#1860 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

For me, guys like Freddie Mercury and David Byrne blow this dude out of the water.

Bwaaaaaa haaaaaa haaaaaa haaaaaaaaa......now thats funny shit right there!!!

#1861 6 years ago

I'm hoping someone near me has ordered an Iron Maiden (maybe even an LE!) and then decides they have to sell it because they just can't stand the music any longer.

#1862 6 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

» YouTube video

I think you could have picked a better song probably to show people how good of a singer Bruce is because that song sucks. Lol

#1863 6 years ago

In case you haven't seen this, pretty little (Iron) Maidens all in a row ...

#1864 6 years ago
Quoted from chippe01:

In case you haven't seen this ...
» YouTube video

Thats alot of games being built!

#1865 6 years ago

Well, if you really want vocals.....

#1866 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think you could have picked a better song probably to show people how good of a singer Bruce is because that song sucks. Lol

Dickinson fanboy here.. While I don't think the song "sucks", it certainly doesn't show off what he's capable of.

Skip to :53

If you want to compare to Mercury. Shows off a lot but probably not in same league at Mercury - at least in this genre.

#1867 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Sounds like a vibrato ass.

Still chuckling at "vibrato ass".

#1868 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Still chuckling at "vibrato ass".

Sometimes after a heavy mexican or indian meal there's like a vibrato farting that goes on for a while and then you shit yourself; This is basically what this music sounds like. I feel like I could only listen to it in the bathtub just in case.
Well, I guess I'll listen to it when my game arrives.

#1869 6 years ago
Quoted from Multiball33:

Hope the red trim is different than acdc premium on the le. I imagine the le cab will have alot of blue.

I agree . According to Stern, the LE will have a metallic red trim which will be different from AC/DC solid red trim.

#1870 6 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Dickinson fanboy here.. While I don't think the song "sucks", it certainly doesn't show off what he's capable of.
» YouTube video
Skip to :53
If you want to compare to Mercury. Shows off a lot but probably not in same league at Mercury - at least in this genre.

They are two different type of singers. Freddy wouldn't have been as good as Bruce in Iron Maiden and Bruce wouldn't be as good as Freddy with Queen either.

Freddy Mercury was actually a pretty good singer but way to flamboyant for my liking. David Byrne though, are you kidding me? lmao

I won't take anything away from Freddy Mercury but Bruce Dickinsin vs David Byrne....really??? That's a big LOL for real.

#1871 6 years ago
Quoted from ronlisa:

I agree . According to Stern, the LE will have a metallic red trim which will be different from AC/DC sold red trim.

Probably like Batman SLE armor, but red.

#1872 6 years ago
Quoted from ronlisa:

I agree . According to Stern, the LE will have a metallic red trim which will be different from AC/DC solid red trim.

Metallic red trim == ST premium, looks lush!

#1873 6 years ago

I think the "RGBeacon" that is mentioned in the Features Matrix will be the Flasher we saw on the Archer Prototype? The same that is on the JJPPotc. That will be cool!!!

#1874 6 years ago

I'm hoping for a 2 Minutes to Midnight madness mode.

#1875 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

OT Concretehardt health update: I wont lie the last 24 hours have been rough! I went back to work part time on Monday and yesterday I had a seizure at work, I spent 7 hours in the emergency room last night having brain scans and blood work. The good news is that the area where my brain tumor was removed looks ok (no bleeding) but the DR thinks that the stress of work is causing my brain to fire faster than what I am able to tolerate and when I push too hard I have a seizure. I am back on my anti seizure meds which is a big setback for me as I hate the way I feel when im on those meds!
Now for the good news.. While I was in the hospital last night I took the opportunity to tell my wife that I just sent a deposit on an $8800 pinball machine (IMND LE). It was the perfect time because I had just had a seizure and she was feeling sorry for me. My plan worked! she was totally supportive of my ridiculously expensive game purchase.
I have made a lot of progress in the last few weeks considering that 5 weeks ago I was telling my wife where I wanted my ashes to be spread and 3 weeks ago I could barely talk.
Yesterday was a big setback in my recovery, but I am very happy to be alive and even with everything I have been thru in the last month I feel very lucky!

I truly wish you the best. I had a stroke and three brain surgeries. I have been through a lot of what you are going through and will go through. I might be able to help you with some of the challenges. (I would try to) I will be around Pinside, you can always reach me here. I am Mike Bodak.

Good luck my friend.

#1876 6 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I truly wish you the best. I had a stroke and three brain surgeries. I have been through a lot of what you are going through and will go through. I might be able to help you with some of the challenges. (I would try to) I will be around Pinside, you can always reach me here. I am Mike Bodak.
Good luck my friend.

One of my brain surgeries.

Again , reach out anytime, my friend.

#1877 6 years ago

"Run To The Hills" is your triumph song Mike(Azmodeus)! I always enjoy reading your posts in all the threads and your optimism and positive outlook is magnetic! Reminds us all to step back and enjoy the lil things in life that we take for granted.. cheers man

#1878 6 years ago

I love everything about this game except the music. On a serious note, I am wondering if it would be possible for Stern to secure the Archer license and do a "Archer Pinball" with what was supposed to be Archer from the start. Stern could use same design and layout like they did for Shrek and Family Guy. I would have pulled the trigger on an Archer, but I am on the fence with IMDN. I honestly think I would have to put in some System of Down or something via pinball browser just to tolerate the music.

#1879 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I love everything about this game except the music. On a serious note, I am wondering if it would be possible for Stern to secure the Archer license and do a "Archer Pinball" with what was supposed to be Archer from the start. Stern could use same design and layout like they did for Shrek and Family Guy. I would have pulled the trigger on an Archer, but I am on the fence with IMDN. I honestly think I would have to put in some System of Down or something via pinball browser just to tolerate the music.

I never realized Maidens' music was so polarizing. Metal fans regard them as a band EVERYONE likes. I guess I can understand how Bruce's vocals can wear thin on some people in large doses, but to each his own. I've always loved them since I was a little kid so I'm not the most objective reviewer. Vocals aside, the music kicks ass! Harmony leads, killer galloping bass lines, technical drumming, what's not to like? I think the music is gonna be perfect for a pin and some of you haters might come around. Sorry for the ramble. I can't wait to play this pin. Up the Irons!

#1880 6 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

I never realized Maidens' music was so polarizing. Metal fans regard them as a band EVERYONE likes. I guess I can understand how Bruce's vocals can wear thin on some people in large doses, but to each his own. I've always loved them since I was a little kid so I'm not the most objective reviewer. Vocals aside, the music kicks ass! Harmony leads, killer galloping bass lines, technical drumming, what's not to like? I think the music is gonna be perfect for a pin and some of you haters might come around. Sorry for the ramble. I can't wait to play this pin. Up the Irons!

I'm a Maidenholic, too. People like what they like. Justin Bieber makes my ears bleed, ACDC sounds like the singer has throat cancer [both of them], Country is twang twang twang, and don't even get me started on hiphop/rap.

People are wired differently and you just have to accept that. The important thing is, Maiden got made, it looks to be a kickass game and our little corner of pinball are as happy as 6 year olds at Christmas!

#1881 6 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

One of my brain surgeries.
Again , reach out anytime, my friend.

Mike I know how that feels
I will shoot you a PM today
Thanks!

#1882 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I guess I feel dumb asking this but who the heck is Archer? Seems like I’m the only one who doesn’t know.. Is Archer a TV show in Europe or something?

#1883 6 years ago

I guess I feel dumb asking this but who the heck is Archer? Seems like I’m the only one who doesn’t know.. Is Archer a TV show in Europe or something?

Edgy adult comic style show on FX - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archer_(TV_series)

#1884 6 years ago

I agree, I assume the Le will have slightly modified (brushed alum) Trooper cab decals and the mirrored glass will be The Trooper “Battlefield” art. I don’t know of any other Battlefield art for Maiden besides the Trooper (which is extremely bad ass)

A matter of life and death has pretty awesome battlefield art

#1885 6 years ago

minutes_variant_grande.jpgminutes_variant_grande.jpg

#1886 6 years ago

Skills or not, glad we did not get this =)

#1887 6 years ago

Maiden's music is very "videogamey" which will be a great fit for pinball.

As opposed to say, slow drunken stoner music like Jimmy Buffet. (not a dig at Jimmy, just that it's not a good fit)

#1888 6 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

As opposed to say, slow drunken stoner music like Jimmy Buffet. (not a dig at Jimmy, just that it's not a good fit)

Lol! "slow drunken stoner". I guess slow by comparison to IM

#1889 6 years ago

Beautiful playfields!!

https://m.facebook.com/pg/sternpinball/posts/?ref=page_internal&mt_nav=1

04E91C9D-B745-44A7-BFDC-2C435F7A5942 (resized).png04E91C9D-B745-44A7-BFDC-2C435F7A5942 (resized).png

#1890 6 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

I'm hoping someone near me has ordered an Iron Maiden (maybe even an LE!) and then decides they have to sell it because they just can't stand the music any longer.

Ditto. That’s what I’m going to wait on as well.

#1891 6 years ago

Im super pumped about this pin!

I can't believe we're finally getting an Iron Maiden pin and it looks way better than I expected it to be.

The only disappointment so far are the people who already are talking about either re-theming or changing the music on this machine. Seriously, if you don't like the music buy a different music pin with music you like instead. Just crazy even thinking or considering something like that. If anyone actually does that, they should be blacklisted from the hobby forever.

Unless you take a Rolling Stones machine and turn it into an Iron Maiden pin. Then you get pass

#1892 6 years ago

In case folks hadn't noticed, the PDF of the manual for the Pro is now posted on Stern's website. I'm thrilled to see the 8-driver node board used under the playfield is 520-7017-72, which is the same exact one going back several games now - Star Wars, Guardians, Aerosmith, BM66, and even GB as this part replaces the 8-driver that originally shipped on that game. So, looks like the node churn is behind us now... That's great news from a future part availability perspective!

#1893 6 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

In case folks hadn't noticed, the PDF of the manual for the Pro is now posted on Stern's website. I'm thrilled to see the 8-driver node board used under the playfield is 520-7017-72, which is the same exact one going back several games now - Star Wars, Guardians, Aerosmith, BM66, and even GB as this part replaces the 8-driver that originally shipped on that game. So, looks like the node churn is behind us now... That's great news from a future part availability perspective!

Nice catch! Good news indeed, now we just need them to be made in enough volume to bring the price under $50.

#1894 6 years ago

Not sure if I missed this elsewhere, but pitchfork center ramp? Old design?

Nlz4Ve0 (resized).pngNlz4Ve0 (resized).png

#1895 6 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Im super pumped about this pin!
I can't believe we're finally getting an Iron Maiden pin and it looks way better than I expected it to be.
The only disappointment so far are the people who already are talking about either re-theming or changing the music on this machine. Seriously, if you don't like the music buy a different music pin with music you like instead. Just crazy even thinking or considering something like that. If anyone actually does that, they should be blacklisted from the hobby forever.
Unless you take a Rolling Stones machine and turn it into an Iron Maiden pin. Then you get pass

I’m strongly considering risking my pinball card by changing the music. Iron Maiden is not something I enjoyed growing up, nor do I appreciate the music. That said, the artwork, flow, callouts and sound effects look really great for this game.
(Even Elwin said something like: “It’s great music for a pinball machine” when asked if he liked Maiden. -NOT exactly what you might call a glowing endorsement)

That said, I’m dying to see the video again (or a new one) because it seemed like it might be ok turned down, more as background music than blaring/distracting music to listen to while playing. The callouts were very prominent. The sound effects sounded great (love the spinner hits).

What will determine whether I redo it with pinball browser is whether the rules are tied in to the music -and it seems as though they are. As I recall, Run to the Hills was about hitting orbits. (Or was that fear of the dark?) and Aces high was combo shots to shoot down other planes? Like, it might just be better in the long run to turn it down a little and learn to live with it.

Either way, I’m super stoked for this title which says a lot since I don’t like the band. Stern appears to have hit another home run and it’s great to see so many people excited about it. Especially many who were “done” with Stern NIB purchases.

#1896 6 years ago

Never been a Maiden fan, never bought an album, never cared for them.

But, agree with Keith - it's great music for a pinball machine, as it is crazy, high intensity and if the game is also intense, it will be a great match.

TNA or Maiden - I can't decide. Would like both obviously!

#1897 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Never been a Maiden fan, never bought an album, never cared for them.
But, agree with Keith - it's great music for a pinball machine, as it is crazy, high intensity and if the game is also intense, it will be a great match.
TNA or Maiden - I can't decide. Would like both obviously!

I think that choice is really simple. Maiden all the way!

#1898 6 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

I think the "RGBeacon" that is mentioned in the Features Matrix will be the Flasher we saw on the Archer Prototype? The same that is on the JJPPotc. That will be cool!!!

Good job, Asael!

You figured it out!

Thank you!

I was wondering what the RGBeacon could be.

#1899 6 years ago

For those that aren’t fans of the music but want to own or like this pin. Have a listen to Powerslave album from start to finish. Don’t do any of that BS download a couple random songs and listen to 10 second spurts. Maiden was around in the time where albums actually meant something to listen to from start to finish. And If that does nothing for you, then there’s no hope, spend your time and money elsewhere

#1900 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

For those that aren’t fans of the music but want to own or like this pin. Have a listen to Powerslave album from start to finish. Don’t do any of that BS download a couple random songs and listen to 10 second spurts. Maiden was around in the time where albums actually meant something to listen to from start to finish. And If that does nothing for you, then there’s no hope, spend your time and money elsewhere

Agreed, Maiden songs tell a story.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/38?hl=fantarama and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.