20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 144.
#1751 6 years ago

Watch your wallet, some are quoting 10k.
Better powder coat those leg brackets for that price!

#1752 6 years ago

I'm going to put my Iron Maiden next to my Iron Man and see if I can get them to breed.

#1753 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Just so there's no confusion, ACDC has a bigger speaker sitting in the bottom of the cab, and it sounds fine, but it's nothing special.
TNA has a proper sub woofer, with a tuned ported bass chamber. There's no comparing them. ACDC is incapable out of the box of putting out the bass TNA has.
I can attest to this personally having owned both games now.
Details for the curious: http://www.scottdanesi.com/?p=757

True dat but the point was that Stern is not likely to be “reacting” to TNA, by adding the speaker upgrade on Maiden.
They’ve added this type of upgrade previously.

#1754 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Hope all is well concretehardt !!

OT Concretehardt health update: I wont lie the last 24 hours have been rough! I went back to work part time on Monday and yesterday I had a seizure at work, I spent 7 hours in the emergency room last night having brain scans and blood work. The good news is that the area where my brain tumor was removed looks ok (no bleeding) but the DR thinks that the stress of work is causing my brain to fire faster than what I am able to tolerate and when I push too hard I have a seizure. I am back on my anti seizure meds which is a big setback for me as I hate the way I feel when im on those meds!

Now for the good news.. While I was in the hospital last night I took the opportunity to tell my wife that I just sent a deposit on an $8800 pinball machine (IMND LE). It was the perfect time because I had just had a seizure and she was feeling sorry for me. My plan worked! she was totally supportive of my ridiculously expensive game purchase.

I have made a lot of progress in the last few weeks considering that 5 weeks ago I was telling my wife where I wanted my ashes to be spread and 3 weeks ago I could barely talk.
Yesterday was a big setback in my recovery, but I am very happy to be alive and even with everything I have been thru in the last month I feel very lucky!

1412AF82-4E5F-479F-B1AE-3A63B96D9E27 (resized).jpeg1412AF82-4E5F-479F-B1AE-3A63B96D9E27 (resized).jpeg

3C7DA640-774D-4F75-8FB0-B56754E8A6F5 (resized).png3C7DA640-774D-4F75-8FB0-B56754E8A6F5 (resized).png

#1755 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

OT Concretehardt health update: I wont lie the last 24 hours have been rough! I went back to work part time on Monday and yesterday I had a seizure at work, I spent 7 hours in the emergency room last night having brain scans and blood work (see pic) the good news is that the area where my brain tumor was removed looks ok (no bleeding) but the DR thinks that the stress of work is causing my brain to fire faster than what I am able to tolerate and when I push too hard I have a seizure. I am back on my anti seizure meds which is a big setback for me as I hate the way I feel when im on those meds!
Now for the good news.. While I was in the hospital last night I took the opportunity to tell my wife that I just sent a deposit on an $8800 pinball machine (IMND LE). It was the perfect time because I had just had a seizure and she was feeling sorry for me. My plan worked she was totally supportive of my ridiculously expensive game purchase.
I have made a lot of progress in the last few weeks considering that 5 weeks ago I was telling my wife where I wanted my ashes to be spread.
Yesterday was a big setback in my recovery, but I am very happy to be alive and even with everything I have been thru in the last month I feel very lucky!

The sympathy routine works every time with the Wife. However brother you got to find a better way! Glad you are still with us. I will continue to keep you in our family's thoughts and Prayers. Take it easy. Listen to the doctor. Get better then go back to work. I'm in on an LE as well but I have not told the wife. I think I'm just going to fake back pain or something to get the sympathy approval. Congrats on new game!

#1756 6 years ago

Take good care you !

LTG : )

#1757 6 years ago

What the hell is FeM???? It’s Iron Maiden.... Normally would be IM but we have iron man, so it’s IMDN to differentiate and still is short for iron and maiden.

#1758 6 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

What the hell is FeM???? It’s Iron Maiden.... Normally would be IM but we have iron man, so it’s IMDN to differentiate and still is short for iron and maiden.

Take a look at a periodic table

#1759 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I'm going to put my Iron Maiden next to my Iron Man and see if I can get them to breed.

Hopefully the kids the brains of Sam and the looks of Spike.

#1760 6 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Fe (Iron Symbol from Periodic Table of the Elements) M(Maiden) is shorter, cooler, and nerdier.

https://www.ptable.com/

#1761 6 years ago

IMLOTB is what it should be.
FeM? umm.... no.
Maiden works for me. That's what fans call the band.

#1762 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

True dat but the point was that Stern is not likely to be “reacting” to TNA, by adding the speaker upgrade on Maiden.
They’ve added this type of upgrade previously.

I mean, who the hell knows, speculating is kinda pointless, but I promise you Stern is definitely paying attention. They've made moves to cockblock other manufacturers behind the scenes, and if they see something is popular they're not dumb, they're gonna try and beat it.

I personally doubt this is a response, it's a band pin and the LE is more expensive than ever, and they're throwing a few bucks at better speakers. Okay, not conspiracy theory fodder really. Lemme know when they add a ported sub to the cabinet and we can talk.

Also, remember it's not just TNA, Alice Cooper uses the sound system too, and no one can't think it's not competition.

As for short names, I think they all suck, I'm not using any of them. Don't be lazy, ffs. If I'm in a hurry I'll just say Maiden.

#1763 6 years ago

OT Concretehardt health update: I wont lie the last 24 hours have been rough! I went back to work part time on Monday and yesterday I had a seizure at work, I spent 7 hours in the emergency room last night having brain scans and blood work. The good news is that the area where my brain tumor was removed looks ok (no bleeding) but the DR thinks that the stress of work is causing my brain to fire faster than what I am able to tolerate and when I push too hard I have a seizure. I am back on my anti seizure meds which is a big setback for me as I hate the way I feel when im on those meds!
Now for the good news.. While I was in the hospital last night I took the opportunity to tell my wife that I just sent a deposit on an $8800 pinball machine (IMND LE). It was the perfect time because I had just had a seizure and she was feeling sorry for me. My plan worked! she was totally supportive of my ridiculously expensive game purchase.
I have made a lot of progress in the last few weeks considering that 5 weeks ago I was telling my wife where I wanted my ashes to be spread.

If you're really milking this, disability discount from Stern?

#1764 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you're really milking this, disability discount from Stern?

LMAO I wish Stern offered such a thing! By the time I pay the deductibles on my medical insurance I may be needing to sell a game

#1765 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Fe (Iron Symbol from Periodic Table of the Elements) M(Maiden) is shorter, cooler, and nerdier.
https://www.ptable.com/

Think about it though. FeM is always going to make some think, as in feminine. Also, Fe is not one of the elements or compounds that most ordinary people think about like H2O or CO2 so it would be confusing using FeM.

#1766 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Don't be lazy, ffs.

This

#1767 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I mean, who the hell knows, speculating is kinda pointless, but I promise you Stern is definitely paying attention. They've made moves to cockblock other manufacturers behind the scenes, and if they see something is popular they're not dumb, they're gonna try and beat it.
I personally doubt this is a response, it's a band pin and the LE is more expensive than ever, and they're throwing a few bucks at better speakers. Okay, not conspiracy theory fodder really. Lemme know when they add a ported sub to the cabinet and we can talk.
Also, remember it's not just TNA, Alice Cooper uses the sound system too, and no one can't think it's not competition.
As for short names, I think they all suck, I'm not using any of them. Don't be lazy, ffs. If I'm in a hurry I'll just say Maiden.

You just used the lazy abbreviation, TNA.

#1768 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

And FFS!

Maiden i’d just call maiden. It’s 6 letters.

#1769 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And FFS!

Exactly. It doesn't have to be shortened any more than that!

#1770 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I'm really good at spelling Annihilation right the first time, couldn't say that before!

#1771 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Think about it though. FeM is always going to make some think, as in feminine. Also, Fe is not one of the elements or compounds that most ordinary people think about like H2O or CO2 so it would be confusing using FeM.

Of course. That's the ironic second layer. Metal band, metal pin, FeM for the abbreviation. Too good.

#1772 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And FFS!

If FeM doesn't cut it, I agree that Maiden is the best one.

#1773 6 years ago

I have made a lot of progress in the last few weeks considering that 5 weeks ago I was telling my wife where I wanted my ashes to be spread and 3 weeks ago I could barely talk.

Shit man you look young...bout my age...wishing you a full recovery!

No concrete proof of this, but I’m highly paranoid about these f’n smartphones glued to our heads all day...I use speakerphone always and try to keep the damn thing away from me as much as possible...and always harping on my wife and daughter to do the same...

#1774 6 years ago

FeM is ridiculous and will never happen.

Stop trying to make it happen!!!

#1775 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

FeM is ridiculous and will never happen.
Stop trying to make it happen!!!

I agree IMDN is better.

But FeM is no different to WH20.

Except maybe WH20 sounds good and Fem doesn't.

#1776 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I agree IMDN is better.
But FeM is no different to WH20.
Except maybe WH20 sounds good and Fem doesn't.

Not exactly. H2O isn't a chemical element, but a molecule of water. But close!

#1777 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Not exactly. H2O isn't a chemical element, but a molecule of water. But close!

FeM is just the combination of a chemical element and Maiden. Just as WH20 is a combination of chemical elements and White.

#1778 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

This Archer video should answer most of these questions.
» YouTube video

This video is very helpful. You're right. Thanks for embedding it here in a post.

I see some of the functionality of the mechs - more, certainly, than I could see in the stream fragment. At one point I saw a scoop by the right side of the inner loop.

Honestly, the Archer music we hear here would get on my nerves less quickly than the music of Iron Maiden. (No offense, Maiden lovers.)

#1779 6 years ago

Concretehardt be well and feel better! Good luck with the LE hopefully it the great. I am in on it also. Excited! CHEERS !!!

#1781 6 years ago

I vote IMDN!

#1782 6 years ago

Yeah..IMDN. FeM makes me think of the Fembots on that old episode of the Bionic Woman.

IMG_2116 (resized).JPGIMG_2116 (resized).JPG

#1783 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Cool thanks! We really should consolidate these redundant I\m/ threads now.

Yeah. Maybe put them under the one started over 2 years ago

#1784 6 years ago

Husband level: Expert!
This meme is your prophecy. (Oh, also, Get well soon!)

213D9916-F2D1-489D-A4CB-CAFED5772D69 (resized).png213D9916-F2D1-489D-A4CB-CAFED5772D69 (resized).png

#1785 6 years ago

Damn Concrete, had no idea. Glad yer doin better. Take it easy man, literally; we don't wanna lose you buddy, you're one of the good ones!

#1786 6 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Watch your wallet, some are quoting 10k.
Better powder coat those leg brackets for that price!

That's cheap. \IM/ LE is $14,000 in the UK, and more expensive than PotC LE.

#1787 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Damn Concrete, had no idea. Glad yer doin better. Take it easy man, literally; we don't wanna lose you buddy, you're one of the good ones!

had no idea also!

Stay strong brother and you will be in my thought for a quick and full recovery!

#1788 6 years ago

"IRMA" , IRon MAiden (= IRMA) ? ☠️

(Just wondering if someone else suggested it yet?)

#1789 6 years ago
Quoted from tuneup1:

"IRMA" , IRon MAiden (= IRMA) ? ☠️
(Just wondering if someone else suggested it yet?)

Irma was an annoying hurricane in 2017. Pass on that acronym.

#1790 6 years ago

pinside.

just when you thought that 60+ new posts meant "wow! there must be something exciting happening here", only to find 10+ people stressing over an abbreviation

#1791 6 years ago

Edit: Sorry. Ignore me. I hadn't realized I was 6 pages behind on discussion and responded to something OLD.

Uh... game still looks nice

#1792 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

pinside.
just when you thought that 60+ new posts meant "wow! there must be something exciting happening here", only to find 10+ people stressing over an abbreviation

Just pinside’s way of warming up for the where’s the code onslaught

#1793 6 years ago

This time I think the wheres the code crowd will be silent. Rules are already fleshed out. First release should be complete.

Quoted from pinballcorpse:

Just pinside’s way of warming up for the where’s the code onslaught

#1794 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

Irma was an annoying hurricane in 2017. Pass on that acronym.

Urgs,thank you to clarifying this to me, did not have on my radar...

#1795 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

This time I think the wheres the code crowd will be silent. Rules are already fleshed out. First release should be complete.

Not saying it will be necessarily directed at Iron Maiden

#1796 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Pretty sad that this is the anomaly in the Stern camp...

#1797 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

pinside.

Hold on to your hat when you see someone create a new thread titled “Exciting pinball news about a band who is extremely popular in South America and the lead singer also pilots their plane!”

You know, because otherwise if another thread says Iron Maiden, it’ll get locked

#1798 6 years ago

I’m going with I\m/ !

#1799 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Pretty sad that this is the anomaly in the Stern camp...

Yes it’s pretty sad that something people always demand is happening.

In other news I just had an amazing breakfast and found $50 on the sidewalk. It was all pretty sad.

#1800 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes it’s pretty sad that something people always demand is happening.
In other news I just had an amazing breakfast and found $50 on the sidewalk. It was all pretty sad.

It is great that it has happened with this title but I will wait to get excited till it happens on every game for the next year and all past titles are fixed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/36 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.