1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 7,167 posts
  • 672 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by Fezmid
  • Topic is favorited by 92 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 888 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

9C575F0A-1D88-44CA-9EB8-6B444307CEA7 (resized).jpeg
20180726_193050 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180619_202938 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180626_061913 (resized).jpg
20180625_090851 (resized).jpg
20180625_090605 (resized).jpg
IMG_0386 (resized).JPG
EC0D26C9-4574-415D-85B3-9B8AC424589E (resized).jpeg
20180622_172513 (resized).jpg
20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7167 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 144.
#1601 1 year ago
Quoted from BigT:

I was with you on Kiss...until my GC score disappeared

Sumbitch......I think you just took the glass off when I was getting a beer.....

#1602 1 year ago

Have to admit the whole LE speaker upgrade is a little vague on the flyer.

For the LE ONLY section it says "High Powered Speaker System with 3 Channel Amplifier" with a tick only in the LE column, but then in the all models General Features it also reads : "Powered Speaker Sound System with 3 Channel Amplifier" with a tick for all 3 models.

So only the LE gets High. WTF does that mean?

tumblr_n12joj9gzt1tsj5apo1_500 (resized).jpg

#1603 1 year ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Game should be known as EDY or 666

I666M?

Or, for the chem nerds:
FeM

#1604 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Have to admit the whole LE speaker upgrade is a little vague on the flyer.
For the LE ONLY section it says "High Powered Speaker System with 3 Channel Amplifier" with a tick only in the LE column, but then in the all models General Features it also reads : "Powered Speaker Sound System with 3 Channel Amplifier" with a tick for all 3 models.
So only the LE gets High. WTF does that mean?

Would not be surprised if it was an external powered amplifier for the LE that takes line-level from the Spike board and sends out more power.

#1605 1 year ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Ordered an LE today.. since people are trying to figure out the shortname for this game.. I submit the following
\m/
\m/LE

I just say MAIDEN

#1606 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Stern learned a valuable lesson with Transformers, albeit an LE equals 500. Let's examine some of their music pins since:
AC/DCLE's 500 total
METLE's 500 total
KISSLE's Not numbered and qty unknown (under 600)
It only makes sense Stern kept IFMLE to 500.
500 feels like where the market has always been able to obsorb, more than that and a pin doesn't feel special. Pins with strong appeal outside the US will find Stern ships almost half their game outside county. That's what makes having one of only 250 LE's in the US, still feel quaint.

One of only 200 LE's in the US
50 went to Maiden
250 to Europe

#1607 1 year ago
Quoted from redlines:

One of only 200 LE's in the US
50 went to Maiden
250 to Europe

Why exactly does the band itself need fifty LE's? Like, if they want to spread Iron Maiden pinball around to various people who work for them or to record execs or whomever, why not give Pros? Honestly, people outside of pinball fandom wouldn't notice the difference.

#1608 1 year ago

Has there been an insightful discussion of likely cabinet art for the Premium and LE versions?

The Pro's cabinet is dominated by Eddie the trooper. Fine. So which Eddie will dominate the Premium? The LE?

And what of the backglass on the LE or the translite on the Premium? Honestly, I can't really make out what all is going on in the Pro's translite. It's fairly busy, perhaps a melange of different Eddies.

J

#1609 1 year ago

I must say, the layout on this game looks pretty awesome, and the art package is amazing!

#1610 1 year ago

I'm definitely liking what I am seeing. The layout looks interesting, fun and it is the first of the last few Stern games I've been excited for. Really like the improved Demolition Man style layout. It's great to see a through-the-pops ramp shot on a game again. The Iron Maiden theme is simply icing on the cake at this point.

#1611 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Has there been an insightful discussion of likely cabinet art for the Premium and LE versions?
The Pro's cabinet is dominated by Eddie the trooper. Fine. So which Eddie will dominate the Premium? The LE?
And what of the backglass on the LE or the translite on the Premium? Honestly, I can't really make out what all is going on in the Pro's translite. It's fairly busy, perhaps a melange of different Eddies.
J

The feature matrix (link to the matrix in the key post index at the top of the page, and higher res PDF version linked in the key post index of the other FeM thread) refers to "Egyptian themed" Premium cabinet, so likely the Powerslave art, which I like better than The Trooper, anyway, so awesome.

It sounds like the LE is similar to the pro "battlefield art" (The Trooper), but with the foil base to make it look cooler (like on KISS LE).

#1612 1 year ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Ordered an LE today.. since people are trying to figure out the shortname for this game.. I submit the following
\m/
\m/LE

When are you guys doing another podcast?! I'm jonesing for some IRM talk. Barely anything on Pinside.

#1613 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

The feature matrix (link to the matrix in the key post index at the top of the page, and higher res PDF version linked in the key post index of the other FeM thread) refers to "Egyptian themed" Premium cabinet, so likely the Powerslave art, which I like better than The Trooper, anyway, so awesome.
It sounds like the LE is similar to the pro "battlefield art" (The Trooper), but with the foil base to make it look cooler (like on KISS LE).

Hmm. Thanks, V. Eddie the Mummy for Powerslave, eh? That could work. I still wonder about the tranlsite/backglass. As for foil wraps on Stern cabinets, I don't know that they dazzle particularly. Are you referring to same kind of wrap that enhanced IMVE? Really, a good silk-screened design beats a wrap, as it has no greyscale/pixelation, but perhaps it's been decades since Stern silk-screened the sides of their cabinets.

Powerslave.Eddie (resized).jpg

#1614 1 year ago

Why exactly does the band itself need fifty LE's? Like, if they want to spread Iron Maiden pinball around to various people who work for them or to record execs or whomever, why not give Pros? Honestly, people outside of pinball fandom wouldn't notice the difference.

I hope that is true and that is a good thing. The band will find out they cannot sell them and just like Kiss LE they will become available again for a short time..

#1615 1 year ago

Hmm. Thanks, V. Eddie the Mummy for Powerslave, eh? That could work. I still wonder about the tranlsite/backglass. As for foil wraps on Stern cabinets, I don't know that they dazzle particularly. Are you referring to same kind of wrap that enhanced IMVE? Really, a good silk-screened design beats a wrap, as it has no greyscale/pixelation, but perhaps it's been decades since Stern silk-screened the sides of their cabinets.

Haven't seen it yet, obviously, but it's probably similar to the foil-base IMVE and KISS LE cabinets. And if we're dreaming, yeah, a direct print cabinet like JJP did for the ECLE would be awesome. But that's not happening.

#1616 1 year ago

I'm just saying, upgrading the sound on your pin is dead f—king easy, you don't need to order an LE to get good sound if you care about that. I mean, good for Stern, it's a value add as the prices keep going up, just wouldn't make a big deal out of some JBL label on the box is all. Frankly once you stick an external sub on the game, and you damn well should, the stock sound is probably good enough for most anyways. But easy to fix if not.

If the Premium is Powerslave themed that's a thumbs up from me. It's funny, once Bruce became the singer I stopped listening to the band, but I still know all those old classic album covers. Riggs did some kick ass work for them, as a teen that shit couldn't be beat. My metal tastes just ran heavier than what Maiden turned into, they lost their muddy punk edge and went more ballad technical rock, and it wasn't what I was looking for.

The price increase has kind of bummed me out, I've lost my buzz from seeing the great layout. I've played Archer, I don't think I want the game without the full features it's meant to have, so Premium is kind of the game, but $7300 for a pin is just getting redonkulous. It's just a game, I dunno that I care enough to spend $1300 more than I paid for TNA.

We'll see, on pause for sure, prices are out of control. But if it looks like Powerslave I'll admit it would tempt me to think about it. I'm hoping the Prem and LE art is more singularly focused, and not so much a parade of Eddies like the Pro. Rather have at least one bigger, bad ass one take center stage at the least.

1000x1000.jpg

#1617 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

And 12,500 for POTC CE is just fucking insane.
rd

I always thought that LE, SLE, CC games were for people that do not care to complain about prices.
I’m wrong?

#1618 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

At what price. I had one reserved and canceled because of the non laser and aluminum foil ball, late redesign etc. This ain’t your daddy’s ST
You better want to own a pin costing this much, with 500 made, for a LONG F ing time because you will lose your ass when you go to sell it
No pin, NONE of them are going to maintain these values over time
Remember the EM?

Street price for STLE was $7800. In 2013

#1619 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Didn't really go down, though. They reduced the MSRP, but all that did is make the price they're listing as MSRP closer to the street price. It's actually $200-300 more street price, so the real price went up. It's a fake-out, hidden price increase in actual terms.

Australia only has the one main distributor and a few resellers, and the distributor price went up but I reckon they are sitting on some unsold Guardians they can't move....???

#1620 1 year ago
Quoted from BoJo:

$8700-8800 delivered (comes with a tube of K-Y jelly)

Pretty sure that's a "no jelly" price.

#1621 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

I reckon they are sitting on some unsold Guardians they can't move....???

That will happen with Deadpool as well if they continue to make Marvel pins based on the films without the real actors voicework, I don't care about custom call outs but I passed on GOTG mainly due to the terrible voices and brutal humor/pinball references, like Xmen even though its based on the comic its a real killer.

#1622 1 year ago

The whole "upgraded" sound thing for this title is an obvious solution to the Stern team sitting around and talking about how TNA kicks ass and brainstorming what sort of new marketing buzz they needed to general with "upgrading the speakers"

#1623 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The whole "upgraded" sound thing for this title is an obvious solution to the Stern team sitting around and talking about how TNA kicks ass and brainstorming what sort of new marketing buzz they needed to general with "upgrading the speakers"

R u actually comparing the techno Euro disco soundtrack of TNA to IronMaiden? You guys make me laugh with the whole "Stern is worried about these other companies" crap. I mean don't get me wrong very happy Spooky and JJP and AP even the bad ones like Dutch and Heighway are making pins but please don't be foolish. Stern is King and I don't believe for one second that they have any concern regarding these other manufacturers.

#1624 1 year ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

R u actually comparing the techno Euro disco soundtrack of TNA to IronMaiden? You guys make me laugh with the whole "Stern is worried about these other companies" crap.

Wrong! I am in on a Maiden LE but to think for a second TNA is crap? What are you smoking....

Stern is King manufacturers.</blockquote

#1625 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

I reckon they are sitting on some unsold Guardians they can't move....???

After this reveal GOTG sales have probably all but stopped, the maiden pro is loaded with shots and features, it’s more loaded than GOTG Prem/LE.

I love GOTG as a theme and have no interest in maiden (never listened to a single track of theirs) but from a purely pinball/money perspective you would have to be mad to buy a GOTG over Maiden.

#1626 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I really miss the days of you and KPG going at each other. That was some of Pinside’s finest days!

LOL

I do miss those days.

But, I truly felt guilty for going back and forth with the old guy- couple times he got so heated I didn't know if his cardiovascular system was going to hold up or not, but glad to see he's firing on all cylinders still!

My favorite part was when he was ripping on me for GBLE - and saying how awesome Stern was and their quality..

Then he got his $15K Batman 66 Super LE or whatever it was...and the thing was dead on arrival and needed Stern's support to help him fix it and getting it up and running straight out of the box!

It was irony at it's finest.

But, I like the guy. He's very passionate about pinball as evidenced by his posting frequency here... So there's that at least.

#1627 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The price increase has kind of bummed me out, I've lost my buzz from seeing the great layout. I've played Archer, I don't think I want the game without the full features it's meant to have, so Premium is kind of the game, but $7300 for a pin is just getting redonkulous.

Without having watched a lot of the Archer game, what features is the Pro missing? I thought it looked pretty complete, but I’ve only casually watched video on YouTube.

#1628 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

After this reveal GOTG sales have probably all but stopped, the maiden pro is loaded with shots and features, it’s more loaded than GOTG Prem/LE.
I love GOTG as a theme and have no interest in maiden (never listened to a single track of theirs) but from a purely pinball/money perspective you would have to be mad to buy a GOTG over Maiden.

Not sure if Maiden would be easier for resale over GOTG as the market seems to be more narrow.

#1629 1 year ago
Quoted from kpg:

But, I truly felt guilty for going back and forth with the old guy- couple times he got so heated I didn't know if his cardiovascular system was going to hold up or not, but glad to see he's firing on all cylinders still!

Are you kidding? He loves that kind of stuff, thats what keeps him going!

EDIT: oh yeah and that was kinda funny when his BM66 arrived DOA haha. I mean it wasn’t really funny but it kinda was.

#1630 1 year ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

R u actually comparing the techno Euro disco soundtrack of TNA to IronMaiden? You guys make me laugh with the whole "Stern is worried about these other companies" crap. I mean don't get me wrong very happy Spooky and JJP and AP even the bad ones like Dutch and Heighway are making pins but please don't be foolish. Stern is King and I don't believe for one second that they have any concern regarding these other manufacturers.

have you listened to the far superior sound quality provided by TNA (and also adopted to ACNC)?

I dont care about your music tastes. I am talking about sound quality and the hardware running the system. You are blind if you dont realize that the only reason Stern has opted to upgrade their sound system now is due to TNA. Hell George Gomez is even on the record saying it was the #1 game he wanted to buy for himself (I hope he has done so by now as the game is great and it would be good for his business if he owned one and played it on a regular basis)

#1631 1 year ago

what does it matter what the band is planning on doing with them?!? without the band, you wouldn't have this pin (and yes, I realize that mr. elwin designed it with a different original theme), but I'm talking the complete package as released

I'm on the wait list right now for an LE (even though I jumped in early tuesday morning and put my deposit down), but you won't see me pitching a fit (I'll just be happy if I can get one)

#1632 1 year ago

With the most recent Stern games I really don’t care for either themes (Iron Maiden & GOTG) but if I were to pick one one it would hands down be Iron Maiden as the gameplay looks fun. I’m also certain that the sound quality of TNA is influencing Stern to step it up a notch in the audio department.

#1633 1 year ago

So what is the best street price for the Pro and Premium models?

#1634 1 year ago

Like every other time a stern game was released, you'll have to call around. Every distributor charges a different price or adds a perk.
Ball park 5400 pro, 7300 premium USA pricing.

Quoted from brucipher:

So what is the best street price for the Pro and Premium models?

#1635 1 year ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Without having watched a lot of the Archer game, what features is the Pro missing? I thought it looked pretty complete, but I’ve only casually watched video on YouTube.

Basically there's a subway system with scoops under the center ramp and in the right inner loop that feed a lower left scoop. On the Pro, no scoops, just stationary targets in those places. I think there's also a more layered back panel on the Premium.

#1636 1 year ago

Stern is smart for limiting the LE number to 500, and creating a "true" LE. Depending on distributors allocation they will only receive a small quantity. The two hundred or so allocated to the US have been spoken for, and it will be a $10k game by Christmas due to supply and demand. I really hope Stern has improved their quality control department, my Star Wars LE has been a nightmare with quality control issues.

#1637 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Like every other time a stern game was released, you'll have to call around. Every distributor charges a different price or adds a perk.
Ball park 5400 pro, 7300 premium USA pricing.

Pro is $5600 and Premium is $7300 street.

#1638 1 year ago

Why didn't the premium go up?

#1639 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Why didn't the premium go up?

Why should it? Going up several thousand over the last few years wasn't enough for you? lol

#1640 1 year ago

Why should any of them go up?

#1641 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm trying to find it as well.
anyone know WHERE THE GAMEPLAY VIDEO is?
Sorry thread is moving so quickly.....

I posted a link to a one-minute Instagram post by mannys_arcade. The link is in the "Topic Index (key posts)" at the top of each page of this thread. It's the only video archived right now.

#1642 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

14 coils don’t come cheap

#1643 1 year ago

The Game Matrix says the LE will have the battlefield themed hand-drawn artwork. I immediately think of the Trooper but now I'm wondering if they might be doing something closer to the LOTB?

IMDNmaxresdefault (resized).jpg

iron_maiden_rpg.0.0 (resized).jpg

#1644 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Why does everything in life go up?

#1645 1 year ago

This is another option as well...

MaidenEngland88-2 (resized).jpg

#1646 1 year ago

Finally saw the livestream - the play field layout with the two ramps reminds me quite a bit of Mephisto, an 80s game made in Spain I’ve always enjoyed playing. Crazy. Creepy sfx

Maiden is looking good!! Damn it! May have to sell my Indiana Jones...

#1647 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's funny, once Bruce became the singer I stopped listening to the band

Bruce’s debut was on number of the beast... in 1982. Weren’t you a child then?

#1648 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You are blind if you dont realize that the only reason Stern has opted to upgrade their sound system now is due to TNA

Except...
Remember that time stern offered upgraded audio for its premium and Le models over the base model because it was a music pin?

AC/DC remembers....

And the recent audio subsystem upgrade came with spike2... not maiden now.

#1649 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Finally saw the livestream - the play field layout with the two ramps reminds me quite a bit of Mephisto, an 80s game made in Spain I’ve always enjoyed playing. Crazy. Creepy sfx
Maiden is looking good!! Damn it! May have to sell my Indiana Jones...

Where did you see it? As it was not archived.

#1650 1 year ago
Quoted from jefryan:

This is another option as well...

God that is sick! I agree with aurich (not about the material with Bruce singing, he's dead wrong about that) but that the Prem and LE BG should have one large Eddie and not 50 little bobble-head Eddies.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 7167 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 144.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside