1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 7,167 posts
  • 672 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by Fezmid
  • Topic is favorited by 92 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 888 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

9C575F0A-1D88-44CA-9EB8-6B444307CEA7 (resized).jpeg
20180726_193050 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180619_202938 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180626_061913 (resized).jpg
20180625_090851 (resized).jpg
20180625_090605 (resized).jpg
IMG_0386 (resized).JPG
EC0D26C9-4574-415D-85B3-9B8AC424589E (resized).jpeg
20180622_172513 (resized).jpg
20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7167 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 144.
#1401 1 year ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

I prefer a pinball machine with a great lay-out and great rules than a pinball machine with fancy 3D crap on the playfield en weak rules...

explain to me why would it be incomptabible?

#1402 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

agreed
while jeremy nailed the artwork and keith the layout, its apparent that stern should probably hire someone in the field of layout design to help them out in this area.

It is funny, we I watched the stream my first reaction was that they finally used the display properly. High contrast, clear font. White on black scores. No blue on blue with stylised fonts. Info the player actually wants and needs is clearly on the screen. Power * progress is clear and easy to see at a glance. Jackpot values, etc. It was like things are being designed by pinball players.

I also loved the fear of the dark animation. That guy that looked KME "running" was hilarious.

#1403 1 year ago

I don't care about font styles.

#1404 1 year ago

Archer video shows left ramp can raise up, possibly for a loop or lock shot. Is there anything in the Premium model matrix list that indicates this feature will make it to Iron Maiden?

#1405 1 year ago

Was there a features matrix? No views of an LE or premium yet?

#1406 1 year ago

Yes to both. Key post 920

#1407 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Was there a features matrix? No views of an LE or premium yet?

IronMaidenPinballFeatureMatrix (resized).jpg

#1409 1 year ago

I do feel good that we're seeing changes like support rails in the pro and an honest to god old-fashioned multi-entrance subway system in the the premium. What's next - a widebody? An actual lower pop bumper? A widebody unlicensed theme with a lower pop and a non-Italian bottom? I feel the Gary Rules grip loosening...fingers crossed.

#1410 1 year ago
Quoted from Aphex:

they had to restart the machine or it crashed at one point

To clarify - the restart was because one of the wizard modes had started and they didn't want to show that. Not due to a crash.

Carry on.

#1411 1 year ago

I am envious of all of you Iron Maiden fans. I watched most of the streaming video yesterday and this machine is a beautiful, exciting winner. But I put my wallet away after the music eventually beat me down. And trust me, I'm both surprised and disappointed by that.
It's just not for me but man, you guys are gonna love this game.

#1412 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

To clarify - the restart was because one of the wizard modes had started and they didn't want to show that. Not due to a crash.
Carry on.

And wasn't there a second restart after Gary had entered the stage and blew everyone away as he played player 1-4 all by himself

#1413 1 year ago
Quoted from imharrow:

It is funny, we I watched the stream my first reaction was that they finally used the display properly. High contrast, clear font. White on black scores. No blue on blue with stylised fonts. Info the player actually wants and needs is clearly on the screen. Power * progress is clear and easy to see at a glance. Jackpot values, etc. It was like things are being designed by pinball players.
I also loved the fear of the dark animation. That guy that looked KME "running" was hilarious.

I agree. The functional bits of the display were great. I think artistically the fonts and some of the graphics were a little inconsistent is all.

Aces High mode animations were amazing.

#1414 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I am envious of all of you Iron Maiden fans. I watched most of the streaming video yesterday and this machine is a beautiful, exciting winner. But I put my wallet away after the music eventually beat me down. And trust me, I'm both surprised and disappointed by that.

I kind of feel the same way, but I'll just change most of the songs. "Music eventually beat me down" is a good way to describe it...so many notes...so much bad falsetto in my opinion.

The layout is so unique that it's just hard to pass up for me. I'll get a premium down the road.

#1415 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I am in the same boat, this game checked off all of my requirements exempt the music. One guy here said to go back on youtube and listen to some more songs and that they are epic. I honestly tried and it is still like nails on a chalkboard for me. The art, layout, lcd are amazing! If this was Led Zeppelin instead of Iron Maiden I would have pulled the trigger on an LE. Theme is big to me and right now I would be interested in a pro and altering the music with pinball browser. Also wondering how main center shot will hold up. reminds me of the ring on LOTR but without hole in center. I wonder if it will get beat up quickly because it is in center shot? I love the art, Stern is taking the right direction with custom art-it is spectacular!

#1416 1 year ago
Quoted from xplorer:

And wasn't there a second restart after Gary had entered the stage and blew everyone away as he played player 1-4 all by himself

I had to take off before that happened. Sadly.

#1417 1 year ago
Quoted from PW79:

Premium will have Egyptian cabinet/translite if I read the feature matrix right!
Iron Maiden sucks as a band IMO but I like cool art & pinball so I suspect if coded well an Egyptian premium will land here.
TWD is a show I cannot stand. Too stressful. But the game was something I had to have. Iron Maiden might be the same scenario.

Same here. Good pinball is pinball, regardless of theme. This layout looks killer!! I already ordered a Premium, I've seen enough.

#1418 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I am in the same boat, this game checked off all of my requirements exempt the music. One guy here said to go back on youtube and listen to some more songs and that they are epic. I honestly tried and it is still like nails on a chalkboard for me. The art, layout, lcd are amazing! If this was Led Zeppelin instead of Iron Maiden I would have pulled the trigger on an LE. Theme is big to me and right now I would be interested in a pro and altering the music with pinball browser. Also wondering how main center shot will hold up. reminds me of the ring on LOTR but without hole in center. I wonder if it will get beat up quickly because it is in center shot? I love the art, Stern is taking the right direction with custom art-it is spectacular!

I was wondering the same thing about the center shot. Is the ramp always down on PRO? Will the ball always be able to smack into the back wall?

#1419 1 year ago

For the record, Bruce Dickinson does NOT sing falsetto. He hits those high notes using full voice. He is a classically trained singer, no falsetto here! Think Bee Gees for falsetto or The Darkness.

#1420 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

I was wondering the same thing about the center shot. Is the ramp always down on PRO? Will the ball always be able to smack into the back wall?

Correct. On the pro it's a stationary ramp. On the premium/le it's a lift ramp

#1421 1 year ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

For the record, Bruce Dickinson does NOT sing falsetto. He hits those high notes using full voice. He is a classically trained singer, no falsetto here! Think Bee Gees for falsetto or The Darkness.

Right. Falsetto is Mick Jagger on Miss You, not Bruce on Number of the Beast.

#1422 1 year ago

Ffs. Bruce is NOT a falsetto singer. King Diamond is. Rob Halford is. Dickinson isn't.
I get what yer saying, cause I used to feel the same way. But that's like the 5th time I've read that, and it's incorrect.
knowing (resized).jpg

#1423 1 year ago

I agree the LCD needs some work but much of it is still very good. Eddie ripping the Extra Ball out of his chest (Bruce rips his heart out live on stage) is fking brilliant... blood splatter and all.

#1424 1 year ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

The Darkness and Justin Hawkins are the greatest thing in rock right now My Kiss LE plays all Darkness songs thanks to pinball browser

#1425 1 year ago

Lol...guess we all hit send simultaneously.

#1426 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I love the idea of the upper right flipper shot to the left inner loop with the little flipper on the edge. You can activate the little upper left flipper before you shoot the loop to open the entrance up - reminds me of the camera shot on TZ. Was such a satisfying shot.

If any of you missed the walk through by Keith, that loop has an awesome rule. Hold the mini-flipper up to make the shot easier, it's a 1x shot. Leave the mini-flipper down therefore a more difficult shot, it becomes a 2x shot. Pure genius!

#1427 1 year ago

At the end of the day Maiden are the Beatles of Metal, and as a Die Hard Metal fan I have to admit that that is not necessarily a good thing.

Priest songs never get old, Maiden songs on the other hand.....

#1428 1 year ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

I prefer the Bee Gees music to Iron Maiden music

Maybe a retheme? Disco ball center target, cocaine jackpots & collect leisure suits instead of Eddies?

FB_IMG_1522246414765 (resized).jpg

#1429 1 year ago

Gryszzz will be playing this game so much that he will have to rebuild his flippers once a week i bet.

#1430 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Ffs. Bruce is NOT a falsetto singer. King Diamond is. Rob Halford is. Dickinson isn't.
I get what yer saying, cause I used to feel the same way. But that's like the 5th time I've read that, and it's incorrect.

When Halford was young he didn't, but it's his own fault for making those songs so damn high.

#1431 1 year ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

i agree.
this kind of artwork should be standard now. what i regret, is the lack of 3D decors. when i see ACNC pinball it really looks awesome and what JJP does, a class over stern imho.

I think the castle looks great on ACNC, but I would rather be able to see the ball travel than having the ball disappear below or behind a structure on almost every shot. YMMV.

#1432 1 year ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

At the end of the day Maiden are the Beatles of Metal, and as a Die Hard Metal fan I have to admit that that is not necessarily a good thing.
Priest songs never get old, Maiden songs on the other hand.....

Priest is just way better. It's a fact!

#1433 1 year ago

I CANNOT WAIT to see the premium version. Looking at the Archer mockup posted earlier and the stuff that didn't make it to the Pro... wow, this could be epic.

#1434 1 year ago

Any word on when we will be seeing the Premium version? I'd like to compare so I can decide which one I want to order!!

#1435 1 year ago

I'm surprised nobody is complaining that they can't find an LE because Maiden is hoarding 50 of them.

#1436 1 year ago

I think it's funny y'all are counting coils.
There are much more important things to count on this game and previous games. Rubber Rings!!!
How many more/less rubber rings are on Iron Maiden than GOTG or SW? That is the question. LOL

I'd take 4 flippers coils anyday. That's two more things that the player gets to interact with on the game.

rubber rings (resized).jpg

#1437 1 year ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

From where do you have this? I am a Fan of Iron Maiden, but I think Bruce sings sometimes with a head voice, yes he does use his guts and all the rest too. And it doesn‘t realy matter to me, it sounds great.

#1438 1 year ago

I never heard of counting coils till this thread. Seems silly considering how much a coil costs. What's next? Measuring the length of wire used in the machine? Now counting Eddie is a different story.

#1439 1 year ago
Quoted from Asael:

From where do you have this? I am a Fan of Iron Maiden, but I think Bruce sings sometimes with a head voice, yes he does use his guts and all the rest too. And it doesn‘t realy matter to me, it sounds great.

Falsetto is very artificial sounding. Listen to King Diamond for a perfect metal example, like Gryzz said. Bruce never does this technique most trained singers will not do it and is frowned upon. Occasionally, in a live performance a person Bruce's age might cheese a note here or there and use falsetto if they feel like they can't hit the note. I graduated from the American Musical and Dramatic Academy in NYC and have had voice lessons for years and years if you want my resume. I also stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

#1440 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

No - nothing to do With Jack - Stern don’t want it replayable. Even on a lock up Twitch’s ingest service would archive it as previously broadcasted and it’s been removed along with that Facebook video too.

The video I referred to is right on sterns Facebook page... still.

#1441 1 year ago
Quoted from BoJo:

I never heard of counting coils till this thread. Seems silly considering how much a coil costs. What's next? Measuring the length of wire used in the machine? Now counting Eddie is a different story.

Coils are a good stand in for mechs. Mechs are expensive, and the main thing that determine if a game is 'stripped down' or not. This game has similar amounts of mechs to most other recent Stern pros.

#1442 1 year ago
Quoted from BoJo:

I've done it for a long time.. I think avatar and walking dead are the lowest
Except for the default (2 slings, 3 pops, 2 flippers, ballthrough, autolaunch)

Walking dead: 2 coils, 1 magnet
Avatar: 1 coil (+ small latch), 1 magnet and 1 motor
ACDC: 3 coils, 1 motor

I own two of them

#1444 1 year ago

As a reference, williams’ Time Fantasy has eight coils. That’s what cost cutting looks like.

Hey anybody notice on the stream before plunging a ball, the score would
Display player 1, then a quick flash of Up the Irons?

Nice touch to be appreciated by all maiden fans!!! How else should they expect to be greeted by their pinball machine?

#1445 1 year ago

great artwork, and probably the best players layout in years. i was sold on it after 20 minutes, then after 30 more minutes of listening to the music as well as the display artwork i am passing. i wish it could have been archer. i am looking forward to playing it.

#1446 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Same here, awesome for the fans, go get one!
I allready skip the serious metal songs on my met, dont mind them during a multiball blast, hoped the same for this game but I turned off the stream , maiden music isnt me, everything else about it I am in love with though.

Maybe later, with some other music in there, who knows.

#1447 1 year ago

archer iron maiden (resized).jpg

#1448 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

As a reference, williams’ Time Fantasy has seven coils. That’s what cost cutting looks like.
Hey anybody notice on the stream before plunging a ball, the score would
Display player 1, then a quick flash of Up the Irons?
Nice touch to be appreciated by all maiden fans!!! How else should they expect to be greeted by their pinball machine?

Time Fantasy:
2 flippers
2 slings
3 pops
1 ball trough kicker
1 knocker (?)

8 or maybe 9? and this was intentionall the lowest coil count in modern pin history IIRC

#1449 1 year ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Time Fantasy:
2 flippers
2 slings
3 pops
1 ball trough kicker
1 knocker (?)
8 or maybe 9? and this was intentionall the lowest coil count in modern pin history IIRC

Yeah 8, not counting the knocker if it had one.

And yes, this is what cost cutting looks like. Stern is not cheaping out on coils.

#1450 1 year ago

What's the highest coil count? I think I count around 30 on the Hobbit.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Wanted
There are 7167 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 144.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside