20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 144.
#1301 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No archive. I think stern asked him not to archive it.

Oh man please tell me this isn’t so

#1302 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

A dick move by stern...NO WAI. Brilliant to stream it in the middle of the day in the middle of the week, when most people are at work.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

holy shit this thing has to have 45 Eddies on it.

Oh, because that's like the entire premise of the mobile gatcha game, collecting Eddies. So...like I said on the other thread... LOL!

World Poker Tour in 2006 has 4 (2 full size 2 half). GOT premium has 4 full size.

Man...you guys have short memories!

#1303 6 years ago

Posted on there Facebook page. There will be no other airing of this one. Sounds like they wern't allowed to. Caught about 10 minutes of it and very impressed.

#1304 6 years ago

who is doing the code?

#1305 6 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Posted on there Facebook page. There will be no other airing of this one. Sounds like they wern't allowed to. Caught about 10 minutes of it and very impressed.

I don’t suppose anyone was able to capture any of the stream, not sure if it’s even possible?

#1306 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That didn’t appear to be the case on the stream.

OK, haven't seen the stream.

In the interview (@14m:13s mark) he sais "the modes...are based on the song lyrics" for each of the songs.....eg. Aces high youre in WW2 in the cockpit and fighting airplanes and you use the bullseye target, or Fear of the dark where GI turns off and you shoot spinners.

I took that to mean the same song for the mode would be playing as per ACDC. Would seem odd if that wasn't the case, but could be wrong.

#1307 6 years ago

I don’t suppose anyone was able to capture any of the stream, not sure if it’s even possible.

Totally possible, but I doubt anyone was arsed..

#1308 6 years ago

Looks like a great layout. Can't wait to play it. Looks good enough that I may be interested in getting one....but that music is like nails on a chalkboard.

#1309 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

World Poker Tour in 2006 has 4 (2 full size 2 half). GOT premium has 4 full size.

The original question asked about on the same playfield.

#1310 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Quoted from chuckwurt:
That didn’t appear to be the case on the stream.

OK, haven't seen the stream.

In the interview (@14m:13s mark) he sais "the modes...are based on the song lyrics" for each of the songs.....eg. Aces high youre in WW2 in the cockpit and fighting airplanes and you use the bullseye target, or Fear of the dark where GI turns off and you shoot spinners.

I took that to mean the same song for the mode would be playing as per ACDC. Would seem odd if that wasn't the case, but could be wrong.

You can pick songs when you plunge like Metallica. When you start a mode the corresponding song will play, but will then revert back to the juke box song once the mode is over.

#1311 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Aces high youre in WW2 in the cockpit and fighting airplanes and you use the bullseye target, or Fear of the dark where GI turns off and you shoot spinners.

You just described one of the modes. This is not selectable at the start of the game. You earn modes. The songs are selected at the start of the game and work like MET. They just play.

#1312 6 years ago

Sorry, maybe a dumb question. I missed the live feed. Is there a link to watch a replay.

#1313 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

who is doing the code?

Keith Elwin created the ruleset, and it's being implemented by lead coder Rick Naegale (he's one of the new guys Stern hired recently).

#1314 6 years ago

Watched the stream.

Code is ny Keith Elwin.

The songs: you select the song which is attached to a mode at the begining of the ball, or start a mode and there's the song.

Among the rules, there's a particular one that you collect hits to different features (pops, ramps, spinners, etc) and once you reach a minimum for each one a mode (a multiball if I recall correctly) starts.

The game is very fast and flows great.

The callouts have 2 voices, a "demon" guy and and gal, and are very energetic and fit the theme and action very well (some remind me of TOM or Circus Voltaire). The sound effects are great to.

The screen animations and graphics... well, the texts look half-assed or placeholder, I hope placeholder. The animations some are cool some... oh well.

#1315 6 years ago
Quoted from fishmanrob:

Sorry, maybe a dumb question. I missed the live feed. Is there a link to watch a replay.

Apparently no. As mentioned before, it appears stern didnt want jack saving it and posting it for unknown reasons.

#1316 6 years ago

Goddamit on here all day creamin my pants but busy from 4-7. Please tell me one of ya's got a recording of the stream...

#1317 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

and the Pro feels like the Home version.

Thats one of the most ridiculous things I ever read on this site, have you played a SW pro? Jesus.

#1318 6 years ago

Yeah that's some BS. My Maiden bone took a serious 180

#1319 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The original question asked about on the same playfield.

Okay, but don't see how that matters. I've never played a game with a secondary (This is more relevant to GOT.....the upper playfield is EXTREMELY critical to WPT...not a tack-on..) playfield that didn't...get...played. And I'm damn sure that no manufacturer is going to say "INCLUDES 4 FLIPPERS (oh but you might find that 2 are largely useless)"

I mean...look at Hobbit. That upper flipper is literally only needed for the very end of Smaug multiball. That's IT. JJP still calling it a 3 flipper game, and it's on the same "playfield"

#1320 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

The music is just aggressively terrible. It's like Rush got drunk and decided to cover some metal. I don't know how people listen to this stuff on purpose.
But hey, the game looks like a clear cut winner in all other aspects. Can't wait to flip around on it.

Hilarious! Bout spit my drink out. Of course I have seen Rush and Iron Maiden multiple times. No problem Jeff. I'll have the sound dialed up to 11 when you come over ;D

#1321 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Apparently no. As mentioned before, it appears stern didnt want jack saving it and posting it for unknown reasons.

Thanks for the reply. You can’t even post the video. Unreal. Come on Stern.

#1322 6 years ago
Quoted from fantarama:

Among the rules, there's a particular one that you collect hits to different features (pops, ramps, spinners, etc) and once you reach a minimum for each one a mode (a multiball if I recall correctly) starts.

No multiball i don’t think. They are jackpot awards. Hit those various areas enough (pops, targets, ramps, spinners) and light the power something jackpot on the bottom left of the playfield. Either can cash it in or stack other power jackpots on top, then cash multiple jackpots at once.

#1323 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You just described one of the modes. This is not selectable at the start of the game. You earn modes. The songs are selected at the start of the game and work like MET. They just play.

Yes, but the background song changes when you activate that mode/song. So its safe to say its a combination of ACDC and Metallica. Metallica you select the song but has not bearing on gameplay at all. ACDC you select the song and that is the gameplay. IMDN you slect the song, but then activate another song that starts the mode and changes the song.
Best of both worlds.

#1324 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No archive. I think stern asked him not to archive it.

Well this sucks, I was busy at work and was unable to tune in.

#1325 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yes, but the background song changes when you activate that mode/song. So its safe to say its a combination of ACDC and Metallica. Metallica you select the song but has not bearing on gameplay at all. ACDC you select the song and that is the gameplay. IMDN you slect the song, but then activate another song that starts the mode and changes the song.
Best of both worlds.

Or like MET when you start crank it up.

#1326 6 years ago

I caught some of the stream about 45 minutes before they finished or so. I sure would have liked to seen some earlier stuff.

Gary Stern actually played some.

#1327 6 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I caught some of the stream about 45 minutes before they finished or so. I sure would have liked to seen some earlier stuff.

I bet if Jack played it he'd like it.

#1328 6 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

And Elwin described a ton about the game. It was awesome. Gave you a real sense of the rules. A really quick awesome tutorial. The rules on this are killer already.

The backboard bullseye is cool as hell. The little nuances to different shots in the game (depending on the situation, shooting the left orbit without holding the left upper flipper up to help scores more points- amazing) lots of stuff like that all over the rules.

#1329 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Totally possible, but I doubt anyone was arsed..

Well, I guess we'll know for the next reveal.

#1330 6 years ago

I love the idea of the upper right flipper shot to the left inner loop with the little flipper on the edge. You can activate the little upper left flipper before you shoot the loop to open the entrance up - reminds me of the camera shot on TZ. Was such a satisfying shot.

#1331 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Well, I guess we'll know for the next reveal.

Yeah...I mean...I have the software to do it, and my computer's fast enough...

But I'll probably be at work.

#1332 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Or like MET when you start crank it up.

On the stream how did you activate the song modes?

#1333 6 years ago

I know you picked a song at ball, like Kiss maybe?

#1334 6 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Code is basic, more animations and variety will be implement and deeper modes will eventually arrive in time. But so far nothing but great news to me.

Basic? The interview with Keith said the game will ship with 1.0 code, or very close to it (.98).

Rob

#1335 6 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Has anyone come up with the official abbreviation for Iron Maiden? IM doesn’t work. What about KME1?

IMLB seems ok

#1336 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Spell Eddie by hitting white lit shots.

#1337 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Not sure what qualifies them, but they start by hitting the bullseye target up the center ramp.

#1338 6 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

Spell Eddie by hitting white lit shots.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not sure what qualifies them, but they start by hitting the bullseye target up the center ramp.

These things start a mode.

#1339 6 years ago

Anyone know what versions of the songs are being used...all studio cuts I'm guessing? That's one of the reasons I love Maiden. Don't like that version? Don't worry, there's 10 better ones anyway.
The live cuts Pinball Browsered in will be aces. Hi.

#1340 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Anyone know what versions of the songs are being used...all studio cuts I'm guessing? That's one of the reasons I love Maiden. Don't like that version? Don't worry, there's 10 better ones anyway.
The live cuts Pinball Browsered in will be aces. Hi.

Can you use pinball browser on Spike?

#1341 6 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Can you use pinball browser on Spike?

Oh yeah. You haven’t seen what cleland did on GOTG? It’s amazing.

#1342 6 years ago

I didn’t think they wouldn’t archive the stream so I only got 30 seconds when I was texting it to a friend :

https://www.facebook.com/thebobcade/videos/1009474775870627/

#1343 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Oh yeah. You haven’t seen what cleland did on GOTG? It’s amazing.

Thanks and I'll have to check it out. I know what he did on TWD so can only imagine GOTG.

#1344 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I love the idea of the upper right flipper shot to the left inner loop with the little flipper on the edge. You can activate the little upper left flipper before you shoot the loop to open the entrance up - reminds me of the camera shot on TZ. Was such a satisfying shot.

And with the rule set, the game awards you 2x points for the loop with the flipper down than up. Tougher shot.

#1345 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

And with the rule set, the game awards you 2x points for the loop with the flipper down than up. Tougher shot.

Wow. Attention to detail.

#1346 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Basic? The interview with Keith said the game will ship with 1.0 code, or very close to it (.98).
Rob

I missed the beginning of the stream. So did not hear that part with Keith. Great if they mentionned that. Poor choice of word on my part when saying basic. I was only implying that code will only get better.

#1347 6 years ago

No way! That's crazy.

#1348 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

No way! That's crazy.

Yeah I can’t remember the exact rule (2x jackpot, or bonus, or points) but that’s a really cool nuance to gameplay.

#1349 6 years ago

So the reveal will be at MGC right?
Well played WI/MN crew, well played.

#1350 6 years ago

Sorta reminds me of how SST awards more points when using the tiny flipper IIRC

Neat!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/27?hl=benlogan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.