20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 144.
#1251 6 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

So it records the high score per song played, but the songs aren't modes... that's kind of weird.
Love the gong sound when you hit the center target.

The modes are songs... the song selection at the start is your soundtrack... not your mode. So both songs.. but not same thing.

#1252 6 years ago

Watched the stream.

Firstly, congrats to Keith Elwin. It must be a dream to see your creation come to life in front of your eyes and see the world get excited about it.

Playfield layout looks awesome. Cool to see Zach Sharpe smash multiple inner loops in a row.

Agree with Aurich - LCD display looks a little disjointed. Not really a fan of those video game graphics assets. But it is what it is - the action is on the playfield.

And what’s with the sideways Maiden logo on the translite? Looks whack. Make it straight.

Also very good to see maybe a new direction at Stern - something people haven’t mentioned as yet (which is surprising..)

They have adopted more the JJP LE recipe with this release. LE only has minor differences over the pro - no major gameplay differences. This must save them big bucks in having to develop 2x games for each title. Very sensible business decision.

And from my buyers point of view, I hope they continue this way. Pro is what I want to buy. I’m not interested in paying $9000 USD (or $15,000 NZD!!) for ANY pinball machine. That’s why JJP gets none of my money. Doesn’t matter how good/bad they are ... the games are too friggen expensive.

Oh ... the abbreviation for Iron Maiden should be I\m/. That is all.

rd

#1253 6 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

So is it me or is MSRP a few hundred higher.

Pro MSRP seems a couple hundy lower?

Anyway, if this is what it takes to have the bubble burst and make people that look at this PF and say "no toys!" I'll gladly take a loss.

#1254 6 years ago

Well it's been quite a day. Congrats all around to everyone. But now it's time to ask the most important question. What is going to be the NEXT Stern title?

#1255 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Pro MSRP seems a couple hundy lower?
Anyway, if this is what it takes to have the bubble burst and make people that look at this PF and say "no toys!" I'll gladly take a loss.

#1256 6 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

So is it me or is MSRP a few hundred higher. I mean the game looks great but there are no toys on the playfield where is the increase in price coming from and at what point does the bubble burst?

the same was said about TNA and not having even a ramp, and in its defense was argued that it has lot of mechs and the rgb ilumination.
this Iron Maiden game have metal ramps with wireforms, 4 flippers, 3 pops, 2 spinners, rgb ilumination, drop targets, ... I'm missing something?

#1257 6 years ago

Refreshing how there are no band members featured on the machine. If the LCD is the worst aspect of the machine I can live with that.

Quoted from rotordave:

Watched the stream.

Also very good to see maybe a new direction at Stern - something people haven’t mentioned as yet (which is surprising..)
They have adopted more the JJP LE recipe with this release. LE only has cosmetic differences over the pro - no major gameplay differences.

There are more then just cosmetic differences and Keith talks about them on his interview however I'm not sure if they would be considered major or not. He mentioned the left ramp has a diverter, the center ramp lifts up for a scoop shot, newton ball replaces target by pops, probably a few other things I am missing.

#1258 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

The music is just aggressively terrible. It's like Rush got drunk and decided to cover some metal. I don't know how people listen to this stuff on purpose.
But hey, the game looks like a clear cut winner in all other aspects. Can't wait to flip around on it.

If you ever saw Iron Maiden in concert you wouldn’t say that trust me, because they are F’ing awesome! I mean i guess if you don’t like Rock N Roll maybe you wouldn’t like them but anyone who likes rock music would love these guys in concert. Nothing but hardcore rockers at a Maiden concert, no snowflakes anywhere in sight!

#1259 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Absolutely fantastic looking game; just a shame about the terrible music (not trolling mods!), but thankfully pinballbrowswer will help me turn it into Iron Disco, or Disco Maiden!
Neil.

That’s almost treasonous coming from you!!!

#1260 6 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

So is it me or is MSRP a few hundred higher. I mean the game looks great but there are no toys on the playfield where is the increase in price coming from and at what point does the bubble burst?

Considering the extras you get with the LE, I think it's totally worth it. Compared to the meager offerings with SWLE......

Rob

#1261 6 years ago

The female Jackpot voice sounds same as the GoT voice actress.

Liked the artwork, layout and flow, but the music - not a chance for me at home.

The schleps playing in the twitch made the gameplay look a bit too easy and not overly drainy. I wonder how it will be for regular human players.

#1262 6 years ago

I'm glad Stern finally ditched the pegs. The absolute worst idea they ever had.

Rob

#1263 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Considering the extras you get with the LE, I think it's totally worth it. Compared to the meager offerings with SWLE......
Rob

Yeah I get it props to stern for getting more bang for the buck on LE’s. I was just a little surprised to see another price increase so soon. I guess if there is a market for it at those prices cool.

#1264 6 years ago

Looks like vinyl Eddie and cassette Eddie from my high school and college days should expect some company.

20180327_185834 (resized).jpg20180327_185834 (resized).jpg

#1265 6 years ago

The layout and gameplay look pretty solid! The more I look at the artwork I like it more. If I were to buy one I think I’d have to swap out the songs to another band I just can’t get into Iron Maiden.

#1266 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

Yeah, too bad I can't find one to put a deposit down. If anyone has a source please PM me, all of my usual sources are already sold out.

Edit: Deposit sent, thanks for the PM's! This will be my first LE since Metallica.

#1267 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

They have adopted more the JJP LE recipe with this release. LE only has cosmetic differences over the pro - no major gameplay differences.
rd

There are quite a few mechanical differences on the Premium/LE model on Iron Maiden. It definitely isn't the JJP model.

#1268 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

There are quite a few mechanical differences on the Premium/LE model on Iron Maiden. It definitely isn't the JJP model.

A few little things here and there.

But not a whole different upper Playfield (GOT) or a under Playfield (AC/DC) etc etc needing a whole different design and major software differences.

You’re getting 95% of the gameplay with the pro. Same as Metallica.

rd

#1269 6 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Right...like I would be first in line for a classic sick-wid-it records pin while 99.9% of pinsters would be vommiting on each other...

In for the Charlie Hustle LE.

#1270 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

In for the Charlie Hustle LE.

Here is your Charlie Hustle LE

01B26927-882A-414C-AFA3-7AC1375D8F2C (resized).jpeg01B26927-882A-414C-AFA3-7AC1375D8F2C (resized).jpeg

#1271 6 years ago

I’m surprised that no one has mentioned that Steve Ritchie is the male voice doing call outs. The Shao Kahn voice fits the theme.

#1272 6 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Here is your Charlie Hustle LE

Pinball with custom callouts by E-40 would be the most amazing thing ever. I realize most people on Pinside won't really understand that, but if you know E-40 you know he would spit the best pinball callouts in history. He'd invent 7 new phrases to mean jackpot on the spot.

But I get it, lots of people wouldn't feel the theme, they'd complain about the music. And that's fine, that's the problem with music pins. I'd be super stoked, non fans would be like, eh ... pass?

But even though I was already getting a little tired of some songs after the stream, I think Iron Maiden is pretty fitting pinball music, I can roll with it. If you're not a fan, just look at that playfield, and would it really bug you that much? This game's layout is special imo.

https---images.genius.com-841113c618ea11b5cbd44a43565e925e.788x768x1 (resized).jpghttps---images.genius.com-841113c618ea11b5cbd44a43565e925e.788x768x1 (resized).jpg

#1273 6 years ago

Dang it got tied up and missed the live stream, does anyone have a link to watch it?

#1274 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

It definitely isn't the JJP model.

Thankfully so, the pro is still the cheapest price going and with all the features on this pin its impressive. I don't really care about the mechanical differences in this case so like SW I'm fine with the Pro version and I like that, my wallet likes that.

#1275 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Dang it got tied up and missed the live stream, does anyone have a link to watch it?

Looks like you can't watch a past stream until it's specifically uploaded? Bet it's up soon.

https://www.twitch.tv/dead_flip

#1276 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

A few little things here and there.
But not a whole different upper Playfield (GOT) or a under Playfield (AC/DC) etc etc needing a whole different design and major software differences.
You’re getting 95% of the gameplay with the pro. Same as Metallica.
rd

We'll see how it shakes out, but it's still a far cry from the JJP model.

And if you want 99% of the Premium, I'd have to give that hat to GOTG Pro. The only physical differences that affect the ball are 1 magnet instead of 3, and spinners. I don't think there's a been a Pro with so little physical differences that affect the ball.

#1277 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

But I get it, lots of people wouldn't feel the theme

I think its safe to say only you would feel the theme in that case Aurich.

#1278 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Thankfully so, the pro is still the cheapest price going and with all the features on this pin its impressive. I don't really care about the mechanical differences in this case so like SW I'm fine with the Pro version ands I like that, my wallet likes that.

Yeah, not much difference in Star Wars, but that's part of the problem with it. The Premium feels like a Pro, and the Pro feels like the Home version.

Still fun to play, but I wouldn't feel I'd be getting my money's worth at any level.

#1279 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Thankfully so, the pro is still the cheapest price going and with all the features on this pin its impressive. I don't really care about the mechanical differences in this case so like SW I'm fine with the Pro version ands I like that, my wallet likes that.

I'm pretty curious to see the Prem, and if I think it plays better I'd consider it, but honestly the Pro looks amazing from a playfield perspective.

I'm already anticipating the "Pro is faster" arguments

#1280 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

It really dont have any more than say a met pro? Yes it has 4 flippers but not much more really? The b.o.m is around the same as most pros but they raised the price a few hundred again.

#1281 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

it's still a far cry from the JJP model

So by that you mean its actually a good theme? I couldn't resist.

#1282 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

So by that you mean its actually a good theme? I couldn't resist.

You sir, win an internet.

#1283 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I think its safe to say only you would feel the theme in that case Aurich.

Nah, I was responding RandomGuyOffCL's post, sick-wid-it is E-40's label, all his albums are on it, as well other members of The Click, he was asking for an E-40 pin, and I was agreeing. So two of us!

But I freely admit Iron Maiden will sell much better. I bet you could sell a Beastie Boys pin to this crowd though. People would be calling for Sabotage Multiball.

#1284 6 years ago
Quoted from LewisD:

I’m surprised that no one has mentioned that Steve Ritchie is the male voice doing call outs. The Shao Kahn voice fits the theme.

I don’t think it is. Didn’t sound like him.

#1285 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

they raised the price a few hundred again.

The msrp on sw pro was 6199 and this is 5999 right? How’d the price go up?

#1286 6 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

The msrp on sw pro was 6199 and this is 5999 right? How’d the price go up?

I think Stern lowered the MSRP (which is meaningless) but raised the wholesale price to distros.

#1287 6 years ago

Gotcha. Well, that stinks.

#1288 6 years ago

I think I’m a Pro guy.

In fact, Lmk if anyone wants to trade GOT LE for GOT Pro + cash OR SW LE for SW Pro + cash OR X-men LE for X-men Pro + cash.

#1289 6 years ago

Looks like Stern stepped up their game big time and still offer the best bang for the buck in town by far

#1290 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I bet you could sell a Beastie Boys pin to this crowd though. People would be calling for Sabotage Multiball.

I would consider a Kool Keith pin maybe a Brotha Lynch Hung, Beastie boys where they play instruments I could listen to but not a pin, what do I care I've got an Iron Maiden pin coming.

#1291 6 years ago

Pin feels right......... made me completely forget that Saturday night borring announcement.

Artwork is awesone, to be honest with you I never thought we would see pictures that soon and even less that we would see actual gameplay that same day.......... great job stern

The songs list is dead on...... video animations are super cool and are based on the song selected at the plunge....plus each ball you get to chose a different song. When you go on a mode the song related to the mode switch a la Metallica.....which I always loved.

Callouts voices are creepy and very satifying....... nice touch and fit Perfectly.

The 4 flippers to « climb up » on the playfield and access different shots is refreshing.

Very dear and dream theme to me and was very apprehensive these last few days.

Code is basic, more animations and variety will be implement and deeper modes will eventually arrive in time. But so far nothing but great news to me.

I have to be honnest I have been pushing for that theme for many years and today was The Day Stern did not drop the ball.

Sure buy for me can't wait to see the LE and I NEVER said that before but for that theme, with what we saw so far I really don't mind to pay hundreds of dollars more to get the LE. I usualy go for a Pro, if I really wanna threat myself and get the additionnal toys I might go premium. But in that case even if premium and LE have the same toys I would go LE just for the art I like more. Never say never.

My opinion

#1292 6 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

I’ve been told Pinsides gonna lose their shit when they see it.

As predicted.....we can now confirm that Pinside officially lost their shit

#1293 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

As predicted.....we can now confirm that Pinside officially lost their shit

Brain left the building 8 hours ago lol

#1294 6 years ago

How is the music integrated in this pin?

#1295 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

How is the music integrated in this pin?

Like MET

#1296 6 years ago

More like ACDC I according to Elwin's C2C interview.

#1297 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

More like ACDC I according to Elwin's C2C interview.

That didn’t appear to be the case on the stream.

#1298 6 years ago

Is there an archive for the stream? When I go to https://www.twitch.tv/dead_flip, it's just a black screen.

Sorry, I'm not a Twitchey

#1299 6 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Is there an archive for the stream? When I go to https://www.twitch.tv/dead_flip, it's just a black screen.
Sorry, I'm not a Twitchey

No archive. I think stern asked him not to archive it.

#1300 6 years ago

I was lucky enough to catch ten minutes worth in my lunch break. I keep refreshing the dead flip page waiting for it to appear in their Twitch archive. Sounds like maybe it won’t (?)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 49.99
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards
Pinball Machine
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/26?hl=benlogan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.