20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 144.
#1201 6 years ago

Watched Keith describe how the game plays on the Deadflip stream and it's the total package. Everything is super well thought out and all the rules already fit together...you don't need to imagine what this game will be in a year, it's already here.

#1202 6 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

my apologies if its already been mentioned but are there no magnets in this one ?

It *looked* like a magnet held the ball briefly when you Locked one. I could be wrong ???

#1203 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I checked out some of the stream. Really don't know what to say except this is how the big boys do it. I'm very impressed and looking forward to playing it soon, and seeing what this team has in store for us in the future.

+1 to timballs too. This looks amazing. Not really a fan of the band, but I said the same thing about MET.

Rules and gameplay look solid.

#1204 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

.95 or 1.0 code are just made up numbers guys.
I like the voices just fine...looks like fun!

It appears 1.0 is considered a done game now. The numbers are not arbitrary any more. That doesn't mean bugs won't be fixed, but I wouldn't expect feature changes after 1.0 hits.

Rob

#1205 6 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

It *looked* like a magnet held the ball briefly when you Locked one. I could be wrong ???

That's a post, not a magnet.

#1206 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

1.0 is considered a done game now. The numbers are not arbitrary any more.
Rob

I have still yet to hear anyone at Stern say this...do you have a source please?

EDIT: got it...Stern of the union December 2017...thanks.

#1207 6 years ago

Very cool looking game. Looks kind of like Archer LOL. Can't wait to play this one.

#1208 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Looks kind of like Archer LOL.

"kind of" ... understatement of the week.

#1209 6 years ago

Zach is infinitely more tolerable than Jody on stream.

#1210 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I have still yet to hear anyone at Stern say this...do you have a source?

I think with BM66, SW and GOTG and now IM it's pretty clear where the goal is for a feature complete code release.

Rob

#1211 6 years ago

Absolutely fantastic looking game; just a shame about the terrible music (not trolling mods!), but thankfully pinballbrowswer will help me turn it into Iron Disco, or Disco Maiden!

Neil.

#1212 6 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

I miss dots.

I don’t. Not one bit.

Dumbing down the display to 1991 tech isn’t the answer, but instead improving their HD animations is.

#1213 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Absolutely fantastic looking game; just a shame about the terrible music

It really is F'n terrible

If I get one I'm gonna install an Ancient Aliens translite

#1214 6 years ago

This game is blowing my mind right now i think I'll be fine with the pro version. The Trooper, damn this is great.

#1215 6 years ago

Really happy for the Maiden fans out there, looks like Stern knocked this one out of the park. The music will definitely keep me personally from buying, so I guess I'll have to hope the sales justify giving this layout/ruleset package the Family Guy/Shrek treatment sometime down the road.

#1216 6 years ago

The music is just aggressively terrible. It's like Rush got drunk and decided to cover some metal. I don't know how people listen to this stuff on purpose.

But hey, the game looks like a clear cut winner in all other aspects. Can't wait to flip around on it.

#1217 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

The music is just aggressively terrible. ...

GODDAMMIT THEY ARE HUGE IN SOUTH AMERICA DUDE!!!!

#1218 6 years ago

Game looks pretty sweet. Wish Stern would put some effort into their font selection for the LCD. Its pretty shit-tastic...

#1219 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

GODDAMMIT THEY ARE HUGE IN SOUTH AMERICA DUDE!!!!

I just blew cereal all over the kitchen table reading this.

#1220 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

The music is just aggressively terrible.

What? shame on u sir shame on ur ears. Then again I would be on ur side if this was a Country music band theme with the exception of "flip around on it"

#1221 6 years ago

Can't wait. Pro looks damn good.

#1222 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

The music is just aggressively terrible. It's like Rush got drunk and decided to cover some metal. I don't know how people listen to this stuff on purpose.

Come on, don't be like that. I'm not an Iron Maiden fan, but insulting people's taste in music is just childish. I'm sure someone hates what you listen to. I promise you lots of people on Pinside hate what I like.

#1223 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

But hey, the game looks like a clear cut winner in all other aspects. Can't wait to flip around on it.

Please, tell us what shit music you listen to so we can critique it as well! Opinions, like assholes...

#1224 6 years ago

Wow Iron Maiden wasn't on my radar but has suddenly caught my eye. My idea of a great pin - a real beauty with a nice layout, shaped features and tight rules. The pro looks nice and is my top choice.

#1225 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

What? shame on u sir shame on ur ears. Then again I would be on ur side if this was a Country music band theme with the exception of "flip around on it"

Good point - it is like Stern did an amazing job on a country music band (say Alabama or something). As good as that pin would be, I could hardly stand to listen to "Play me some mountain music" over and over

So peoples taste in music will influence - to varying degree - how much they will like this pin for home use. Just is what it is...

#1226 6 years ago

Anyone else find it a bit odd that the song select image for "Hallowed Be Thy Name" is the artwork from Piece of Mind (which is not the album Hallowed Be Thy Name is on)?

#1227 6 years ago
Quoted from deibert:

Anyone else find it a bit odd that the song select image for "Hallowed Be Thy Name" is the artwork from Piece of Mind (which is not the album Hallowed Be Thy Name is on)?

Might be temporary because of that lawsuit that was just settled. Perhaps they just added Hallowed Be Thy Name to the song list.

#1228 6 years ago

Who is the woman doing the call outs? Kind of generic like TWD.

Where is the custom speech from Bruce?!

#1229 6 years ago

I’ve been in this hobby for 15+ years and I’ve never bought a new game. Just didn’t have the bucks for one. This is the first time I’ve ever thought about selling my three games to get a new one. Of course, I will wait for some gameplay and how the tracks are implemented into the game. No need to hurry. Stern will be making A LOT of Iron Maiden’s. . Congrats and Up The Irons!

#1230 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Come on, don't be like that. I'm not an Iron Maiden fan, but insulting people's taste in music is just childish. I'm sure someone hates what you listen to. I promise you lots of people on Pinside hate what I like.

Right...like I would be first in line for a classic sick-wid-it records pin while 99.9% of pinsters would be vommiting on each other...

Captain save a ball

#1231 6 years ago
Quoted from deibert:

I'm loving all the voice work thus far and theres no bad humor. This is getting better by the second.

#1232 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I'm loving all the voice work thus far and theres no bad humor.

Yeah 2 voices, nice touch.

#1233 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah 2 voices, nice touch.

1 would be just fine with me, I could go with almost no voice at all but at least the 2 voices are fitting without terrible pinball jokes.

#1234 6 years ago

While I can't stand the music (personal preference), the rest is very impressive I'll give them a A for the great effort in some of their animations, they are starting to get better at them. The voice call outs of the woman and the "demon voice" is amazing. This game is very solid. Wonder if they changed back to the old leg brackets for the cabinet?

#1235 6 years ago

Man, if this was a different theme I would be in on one in a heartbeat. Too bad I can't stand Iron Maiden. Bummer!

The gameplay looks super fun. Kudos to Stern.

I will definitely be following the pinball browser scene and if someone comes up with a much better soundtrack I will be super tempted...

#1236 6 years ago

I didn’t know much of Iron Maiden before the announcement. I listened to The Trooper and really liked it. I have to say, as funny as archer would have been, I think maiden is a better fit for this layout; the layout screams loops and speed and spinners.

Game looks and sounds amazing. Can’t wait to play it.

#1237 6 years ago

Has anyone come up with the official abbreviation for Iron Maiden? IM doesn’t work. What about KME1?

#1238 6 years ago

Never looked into Archer, so this is my first peek. The layout sort of reminds me of Demolition Man.

#1239 6 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Has anyone come up with the official abbreviation for Iron Maiden? IM doesn’t work. What about KME1?

How about Iron Maiden. I hate laziness.

#1240 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Or even just Maiden. Easy enough, right?

#1241 6 years ago

Must say when looking at the feature matrix that the LE is somewhat like an LE again. Mirrored backglass, shaker motor, demirrored playfield glass etc. Also there is mention of a few motorised toys as of the Premium. Sounds good. I also like that even the Pro has got wireforms instead of the plastic. Lot of playfield inserts also and more than two flippers

Seems a lot of fun to shoot, but for me also the music unfortunately is not so great. I am not into Iron Maiden so please someone tell me if all the different modes are out of the IM world ? Ikt looked a bit uncoherent with the mummies, pirates, battlefield with cannons, sorceres, devil guy etc.

Must say it looks good.

#1242 6 years ago

For those of you not keen on IM, allow me to direct you to something a little more your speed...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-not-a-jimmy-buffett-pinball

#1243 6 years ago

It's already a game.

Quoted from Hougie:

Or even just Maiden. Easy enough, right?

Works for me.

Quoted from brucipher:

Man, if this was a different theme I would be in on one in a heartbeat. Too bad I can't stand Iron Maiden.

Oh they are not great, but the game could be. Don't be such a slave to the theme

#1244 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I think this reveal as had the least amount of bitching over all in a reallly realllllly reallllllly long time

Well, we haven't heard the sound yet. They could still bobily-bobo it up somehow. Using sparky voice for the third time would be my bet if they do.

#1245 6 years ago

I saw I\M/ somewhere today. I like that

#1246 6 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

I saw I\M/ somewhere today. I like that

Yes abbreviations that take more time to type then the actual words!

#1247 6 years ago

watched the Dead Flip stream, looked like a lot of fun.. thinking of ordering one. Now i have to see what I will sell to help fund this.

#1248 6 years ago
Quoted from deibert:

I don't care for the woman jackpot call out at all. Got old quickly during twitch feed

#1249 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I'm assuming some of the video assets are from the mobile game.

Everything I saw did not appear to be directly from the game. But the airplane sequences sure did look a lot like the flight simulator games the original LoTB developers made

The styling, especially of the playfield art, is from the LoTB comic/universe. The characters all seem to be.. but the actual video animation all looked different from the game.

What stood out to me was the 'mix' of styles.. some things looked hazy, some things looked very sharp. Some images (like the 'shoot the pharaoh' ) really need to not dominate the screen for such long periods

#1250 6 years ago

So is it me or is MSRP a few hundred higher. I mean the game looks great but there are no toys on the playfield where is the increase in price coming from and at what point does the bubble burst?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.50
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Williamsburg, VA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/25?hl=fantarama and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.