20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 144.
#1101 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

"Three segment pharaoh bullseye target"
Am I missing another location? You can see it in action in the Archer video.

outer red ring, inner blue ring, bullseye center

#1102 6 years ago
Quoted from L8vid:

outer red ring, inner blue ring, bullseye center

Right, but that doesn't sound like the ball is going to go through the target.

#1103 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Right, but that doesn't sound like the ball is going to go through the target.

the original Archer didn't, so this probably doesn't either.

#1104 6 years ago

they also kept the cool rotating beacon lamps.

#1105 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

"Three segment pharaoh bullseye target"
Am I missing another location? You can see it in action in the Archer video.

Quoted from bigd1979:

Hmmm. Guess will see soon with the stream..

I could be wrong, but reading the Matrix, On the Premium/LE it says " Motorized guardian reveals secret Pharaoh's Tomb Entrance" Maybe that's the wrong area? I got the impression this is going to open up that Pharaoh Bullseye area, where the Pro...it'll bounce off as a target

#1106 6 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

I could be wrong, but reading the Matrix, On the Premium/LE it says " Motorized guardian reveals secret Pharaoh's Tomb Entrance" Maybe that's the wrong area? I got the impression this is going to open up that Pharaoh Bullseye area, where the Pro...it'll bounce off as a target

That's a lift ramp. Same ramp that leads to the target.

#1107 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

When is the last time Pinside blew up over a game reveal like this? This game is a HUGE hit so far!

Positive wise, GB.

Let's hope this turns out better

#1108 6 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

That will be a lift ramp to a hidden scoop.

#1109 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

That's a lift ramp. Same ramp that leads to the target.

ahhhh....ok.....

#1110 6 years ago

Don't intend to stir anything up here....just an honest questions because I have not owned a Stern machine for a while as nothing has interested me (most modern game I've owned was Star Trek Premium early in the life cycle...). Can someone fill me in on the change in placement of the power switch? Where exactly is it now? The back of the machine?

As someone who has 4 pins packed together pretty tightly due to lack of space (can't really walk between them), what have others done about the placement?

#1111 6 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

As someone who has 4 pins packed together pretty tightly due to lack of space (can't really walk between them), what have others done about the placement?

On the head underneath the right speaker.

Put a remote switch on your games. I turn all mine on and off at once.

#1112 6 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Don't intend to stir anything up here.... Can someone fill me in on the change in placement of the power switch?

Are you 5'3 or under? If not you'll be able to reach it pretty easily...unless you're asking for the kiddies.

#1113 6 years ago

I really want an LE for this title, but no way I'm paying $8800 delivered!!

#1114 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Are you 5'3 or under?

No. I assume it can be reached from the front of the machine? I was thinking it was behind the backbox, but if it is on the bottom of the backbox that should be reachable.

#1115 6 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

I was thinking it was behind the backbox, but if it is on the bottom of the backbox that should be reachable.

Nope you'll be fine. Since then they have moved the backbox bolts to the back of the machine and eliminated the hex lock, which is actually kind of nice. I think that's the only change head wise. EDIT; Besides material

#1116 6 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

No. I assume it can be reached from the front of the machine? I was thinking it was behind the backbox, but if it is on the bottom of the backbox that should be reachable.

Yep, reachable, unless you have a short wife and machines lined-up close to one another. I relocated my GoT power switch to the Tournament Button hole on the front of the cabinet. Easy-peasy from there.

#1117 6 years ago

What was the last game without a single VUK?

#1118 6 years ago

I solve the power button issue by getting this
http://www.belkin.com/us/p/P-F7C01008/#/Overview.

Plug games in power bar. Hit the remote and all games turn on at the same time.

#1119 6 years ago

Wow! Stern is really upping their game on the pro model, that's great news!

#1120 6 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

So this wont out sell ACDC or MET???

No. It won’t out sell Acdc or Metallica.

#1121 6 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Stern rarely have Vuks anymore do they? No recent pros do

#1122 6 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Guardians?

#1123 6 years ago
Quoted from fishmanrob:

No. It won’t out sell Acdc or Metallica.

Why do u think that?

#1124 6 years ago

When is the last time we saw a Stern game with four flippers on the main playfield?

#1125 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

Maybe.... but apparently the price is upped also.... talking 5600-5700 for a pro now.... i got my nib twd premium with mods for 6300 twoish years ago...

#1126 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

When is the last time we saw a Stern game with four flippers on the main playfield?

Monopoly

#1127 6 years ago

Does that have four legitimate flippers, or is one them that one that spins?

#1128 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

Agree. Pros have been a great option for last few titles. Removing rails was always a dumb move and thankfully now fixed.

#1129 6 years ago

I'd much prefer the archer re-theme, or Original Theme, er whatever.

#1130 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It doesn't, it's a multi target, radiating out from the center, and you score differently depending on how close to the center you get. Was like this on Archer too. Was a cool idea then, it's a cool idea now, there no need for it to go through, that doesn't make any sense with the concept.

Yeah, you smash eddie in the balls... not go through him

#1131 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

RCT

#1132 6 years ago

That makes sense. I figured it had to be a Lawlor game.

#1133 6 years ago

holy cow... so many one line posts. What pinside really needs is a slack channel so you all can chat away without a gazillion posts

#1134 6 years ago

As a huge Iron Maiden fan for many years, I'm really impressed with the reveal, especially reading all the features for all the models (foil decals are sick). It seems Stern has finally decided to offer their customers more bang for their buck. Competition has to be some factor in all this. No RGB lighting is ok if the game is feature rich in other areas, and I think they met the mark here.

The archer-based layout is a breath of fresh air, the artwork is outstanding, the playlist is exactly what the fans deserve (but still no Where Eagles Dare???). Hell if the animated LCD artwork matches ZY's drawings on the rest of the machine, they are going to knock it out of the park. When in doubt, Eddie it out!

First Stern release in several years that has really grabbed my attention. Looking forward to the premium/LE reveals, seeing some gameplay & getting a sense of the rules. They'll be making this one for MANY years, so no rush for me

Haven't said this in awhile, but well done Stern. Hope this type of design/features are the new standard.

#1135 6 years ago

Guardians Pro has a scoop on the right, Star Wars has the half-scoop...can't think of any games without a single VUK right now.

#1136 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Yo asked for four flippers you got it!

#1137 6 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Guardians Pro has a scoop on the right, Star Wars has the half-scoop...can't think of any games without a single VUK right now.

I think you're mixing up what a saucer and VUKs are. But GOT is the answer

#1138 6 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

GOT

#1139 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I think you're mixing up what a saucer and VUKs are. But GOT is the answer

Both saucers and scoops use VUKs (vertical up-kickers) to eject the ball. But yes, GOT pro might be the only other one. I mean literally most EMs have VUKs.

#1140 6 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Both saucers and scoops use VUKs (vertical up-kickers) to eject the ball. But yes, GOT pro might be the only other one. I mean literally most EMs have VUKs.

I consider a VUK something like the two holes on Hobbit.

Interestingly, I was thinking of the Archer layout that did have scoop. Didn't notice that was removed from IMDN.

#1141 6 years ago

I wouldn't really call a saucer that dribbles a ball back out a VUK. And I wouldn't consider a scoop a VUK either. Stuff like the elvira kicker to the ramp is a VUK, or the terminator 2 kicker to the wireform to load the gun.

#1142 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I consider a VUK something like the two holes on Hobbit.
Interestingly, I was thinking of the Archer layout that did have scoop. Didn't notice that was removed from IMDN.

it could be a feature on the premium/LE since we've not seen the final playfield for those yet

#1143 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Likely just removed from the pro. The whole subway system doesn't exist on the pro -- but the LE/Premium has the lift ramp that goes to a hole, so the subway is likely there and would need the scoop to get balls back out.

#1144 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I wouldn't really call a saucer that dribbles a ball back out a VUK. And I wouldn't consider a scoop a VUK either. Stuff like the elvira kicker to the ramp is a VUK, or the terminator 2 kicker to the wireform to load the gun.

Right. LW3 has three saucers and one VUK

#1145 6 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

A VUK kicks the ball UP! Saucers and scoops do not and they are not considered a VUK.

#1146 6 years ago

Fair enough, so what do you call the mechanism that kicks the ball out of a scoop or saucer?

#1147 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It doesn't, it's a multi target, radiating out from the center, and you score differently depending on how close to the center you get. Was like this on Archer too. Was a cool idea then, it's a cool idea now, there no need for it to go through, that doesn't make any sense with the concept.

I'm not sure that flippers, pops, drops, and slings have anything to do with the concept either.

There's nothing about it that conflicts with the concept, so why not?

#1148 6 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Fair enough, so what do you call the mechanism that kicks the ball out of a scoop or saucer?

A scoop or a saucer

EDIT: Honestly.

But yeah this thing is gonna be fast without them.

#1149 6 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Technically you call it a plunger/solenoid or make something up like kickout mech.

You don't need to waste the breath because it's a scoop. Or a saucer. It kicks the ball back into play.

#1150 6 years ago

I've been playing pinball for 30 years and I still call it "the thing that shoots the ball back out at ya" who gives a shit

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.50
$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

Wanted
$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/23?hl=markp99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.