20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 144.
#1001 6 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

I'm in love and thrust me I don't give my love easy lol

Quoted for posterity...

#1002 6 years ago
Quoted from fantarama:

I kinda doubt that considering the new designers they added to the team.

for real? like the playfield art too? that's one pretty singular opinion right there.

Yes, sincerely I prefer ACNC artwork. And I love 3D decors.

#1003 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Is that delivered?

yes.

#1004 6 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Was never a big Maiden fan. First exposure was in the 90s with the Wicker Man music video. Promptly brought Brave New World. Never really got past that.

There's your problem. For me they are a first 5-6 albums or so guy. The songs on this pin are their best stuff, except nothing from the first two albums. I'm sure that was Bruce's call as he wasn't their singer then.

#1005 6 years ago

$8795 delivered. Also comes with book "First Time Anal Fisting and Making it Fun".

#1006 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

$8795 delivered. Also comes with book "First Time Anal Fisting and Making it Fun".

"This may hurt a little but it's something you'll get used to..."
-Stern

#1007 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Anything under $10,000 is pretty standard these days, unfortunately. We let and made this happen (I bought a Dialed IN LE and a Ghostbusters LE), and I don't think we're ever going back. So either free up the funds or find it on location.

#1008 6 years ago

ok, this is the only thing that's not making any sense to me
why have an eddie in a straightjacket stand-up plastic on the pop bumper directly above playfield art featuring eddie in a straightjacket?!?

iron maiden straightjacket (resized).jpgiron maiden straightjacket (resized).jpg

#1009 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

why have an eddie in a straightjacket stand-up plastic on the pop bumper directly above playfield art featuring eddie in a straightjacket?!?

They heard you liked Eddie, so they put Eddie on your Eddie.

#1010 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

Wait until you see the pinblade art right behind it.....

#1011 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

Damn, the game was looking so good too. Pack it up everyone. Let's see if Stern gets the next game right.

#1012 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Wow, wtf. So real non MSRP prices are $5700 for pro, $7700 for premium and $8800 for LE?!

I hope not

#1013 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

Not to criticize - because it looks fantastic - but maybe a well done figure of Eddie would look better. I bet a mod will come later.

#1014 6 years ago

Remember when people were moaning over LotB art and fear of reusing stuff?

LOL

The final package here is stellar and right on the mark with the style/characters from the LoTB universe (many are direct lifts of the pose/etc). ZombieYeti did a great job of blending both the original painting feel, with the comic style.

I love how the Pro translite looks, but not necessarily a fan of the eddies they picked to be up front. Really looking forward to seeing the Premium and LE! Sounds like The Trooper for LE.. and powerslave for Premium

#1015 6 years ago

I'm actually pumped for this despite not really being a fan of Iron Maiden or metal in general. I've been listening to their music a bit recently and it's actually very good for a pinball machine because it chugs along nicely in the background like ACDC not like Metallica and Aerosmith which are too 'dynamic' which can cause unwanted juxtapositions during gameplay. This will hopefully be like playing a Tenacious D pinball game. Fun, energetic and a bit silly.

I'm so impressed with the quality, style and detail of the artwork although I'm a bit disappointed it's so 'Egypt' themed. Would've prefered a more classic Iron Maiden 'hellscape' style artwork but that's a little picky. If you like a lot of sand on your playfield though then you're in luck!

Seems like Stern are pulling out all the stops with this one and looks to be the best Pro package since Aerosmith. Can't wait to see and hear the machine in action with Jack.

#1016 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

Wouldn't it be more conflicted if you had a eddie there that completely clashed with the PF art?

#1017 6 years ago

That's the eddie straight jacket area....DUUUUHHHHHHHHH

Wait till you see the light up mods for that area!

#1018 6 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Quoted for posterity...

He was only talking about pinball machine..

#1019 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That's the eddie straight jacket area....DUUUUHHHHHHHHH

Wait till you see the light up mods for that area!

Button tucked padded game blades yo!

#1020 6 years ago

12 coils on the Pro by my count.

Nice to see what they saved on BOM for mechs meant we finally get spinner back in the PRO and the side rails (granted the price went up also)

Is this the fewest coils on a PRO Stern in the modern era?

#1021 6 years ago

No one loves Iron Maiden more than me, believe me.

#1022 6 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

They heard you liked Eddie, so they put Eddie on your Eddie.

I always wondered if Xzibit was a member here.

#1023 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Nice to see what they saved on BOM for mechs meant we finally get spinner back in the PRO ...

SW has a spinner

As did AS & GB & GOT

#1024 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

SW has a spinner

It had to, Stern would have a hard time selling a Star Wars pro without one. I mean, it's Star Wars right!?

#1025 6 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Button tucked padded game blades yo!

Someone's def stealing that idea. Shoulda put that TM on that post. Awesome thinking yo!

#1026 6 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

It had to, Stern would have a hard time selling a Star Wars pro without one. I mean, it's Star Wars right!?

???
how does star wars = spinner?

#1027 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

???
how does star wars = spinner?

Stern was getting flack for not putting spinners in Pro models. So when they did Star Wars - a rather HUGE theme by any measure - Stern probably felt they couldn't leave it out on that pins pro model.

#1028 6 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Not to criticize - because it looks fantastic - but maybe a well done figure of Eddie would look better. I bet a mod will come later.

Matrix says premium and LE have molded Piece of Mind and Cyborg Eddies. I would assume that those plastic pieces are getting swapped for the molds.

#1029 6 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Stern was getting flack for not putting spinners in Pro models. So when they did Star Wars - ....

Again....Got, GB, AS all had spinners correct? & Kiss

Quoted from Whysnow:

Is this the fewest coils on a PRO Stern in the modern era?

Hmmm GOT = 4 flip+sling, 3 pops, 1 target reset, 1 yagov....? is the ball release a coil? What am I missing
EDIT 1 ball trough + 1 launcher
EDIT 1 yagov ball stop
12 so far

#1030 6 years ago

Has anyone found the Easter Egg spelling error yet?

#1031 6 years ago

Competition is good. Looks like Stern finally pulled their heads out of their asses and delivered a real machine. Looks like a winner and I can't wait to play it.

#1032 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Again....Got, GB, AS all had spinners correct?

The stripped down narrative got a little out of control. Star Wars was "stripped down" by design, not out of cheapness, I feel. That was meant to be a breakneck speed game without distractions. Everything else was pretty well populated before and after it. Heck, many of the premium features have been totally superfluous or to the game's detriment.

#1033 6 years ago

No one gives a shit if you think Iron Maiden is popular or not, can we please, please, just let it go? Unless you're the secret puppet account Jody you don't have to wake up worrying about how many sales this game hits. We get it, you've never heard of them. Or, you want to tell us how many albums they've sold, and how big they are world wide, the Brazil tour was huge, cool. No. One. Cares.

The game looks effing great, everything Keith Elwin is saying about code and details is hot, just let it do what it's gonna do without the top 40 radio cock waving. There is simply no way looking this good, with that layout, and what sounds like solid code, that this won't be successful at the most basic level, and beyond that ... who. cares.

#1034 6 years ago

Predictions? - Steve Ritchie devil voice (No Fear / AC/DC) or Jacky/Sparky (Aerosmith/MET)?

#1036 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

12 coils on the Pro by my count.

I'm already at 16, and may have missed some?
4 flippers
2 slings
3 pops
3 drop targets
2 up post
1 through
1 launcher

#1037 6 years ago

My playfield is dimpling, and I have magnet wear, and ghosting inserts! Even before it's delivered! Doh!
Don't even get me started on the unfinished code!

#1038 6 years ago

So 12 songs in the game, of which six are listed on the playfield that can be chosen as a background track. The other six are likely to be used for modes or multiballs.

#1039 6 years ago

Can someone explain that left spinner shot to me. Where does the ball go? It hits the standup target and then goes into the pops?

#1040 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Can someone explain that left spinner shot to me

Go check out the archer videos.
mof

#1041 6 years ago
Quoted from Biv:

4 flippers
2 slings
3 pops
3 drop targets
2 up post
1 through
1 launcher

Wouldn't the drop target bank only have one reset coil rather than 3?

#1042 6 years ago
Quoted from Biv:

4 flippers
2 slings
3 pops
3 drop targets
2 up post
1 through
1 launcher

Each drop wouldn;t have it's own coil...unless htere's something you know that I don't

#1043 6 years ago

Nice art, cheap build with sterns now more common what can we get away with philosophy

#1044 6 years ago
Quoted from Biv:

4 flippers
2 slings
3 pops
3 drop targets
2 up post
1 through
1 launcher

Would anybody with more fingers than I care to count up the eddies?

Looks like around 50.

#1045 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Wouldn't the drop target bank only have one reset coil rather than 3?

my bad, you're most likely right and it's only one.

#1046 6 years ago
Quoted from Biv:

4 flippers
2 slings
3 pops
3 drop targets
2 up post
1 through
1 launcher

Drop target is 1 coil (assuming they are not controlled drops)

Where are the up posts at/ what do they divert? I did not see those

#1047 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Drop target is 1 coil (assuming they are not controlled drops)
Where are the up posts at/ what do they divert? I did not see those

Stop posts are in the back to control the orbit feeds and they can do really cool shit. Each upper loop can feed to the other loops flipper.

#1048 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Stop posts are in the back to control the orbit feeds and they can do really cool shit. Each upper loop can feed to the other loops flipper.

awesome!

That puts it back at 14 coils which appears to be standard for PROs.

#1049 6 years ago

Big shout out to JJP and other newer companies for forcing Stern to produce such a stunning machine! This game looks amazing, and it's great that many more people will be exposed to some Maiden. I agree that Judas Priest would have been way better for music, but Iron Maiden kills all other bands for the skid-metal theme. This is the pin should be pictured with an 80s skid, the onion, smoke, old-booze smelling hair-bag who sold weed out of the local arcade.

As for the layout, this game looks like a player's pin. That left ramp looks like one of the hardest ramps ever produced; most of the other shots look pretty tight.

Does the jump shot lead to a magnet or just a standup?

Now.... is it worth the cash with the stern cheapness and constipated code? Anyone have a link for Keith's comments about code?

#1050 6 years ago

Sorry if I missed it. Who is doing the code?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.00
$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/21?hl=ghostthruster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.