20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 144.
#7101 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

they've always sold the pro translites and gave them away as launch party prizes
however, if you wanted a premium or LE translite/backglass, you had to provide proof of ownership. this is the reason why so many MET owners were scrambling to purchase the premium translite from marco's when they had them available. the only other time I've seen them is on ebay when an owner was selling off theirs
replacement LE backglasses were only available as a exchange for a damaged or destroyed backglass. I believe that they actually had you send in a good portion of your original as proof that it was destroyed (eg. you accidentally dropped it

Gotcha! Thanks!

#7102 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I think the Premium has more purple in the artwork vs. the Pro which is more of an aqua blue. Aside from that I think the artwork is pretty much identical.

More purple you say? Well worth the upgrade!

#7103 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbu64:

Definitely will have the AZ peeps over when I finish the house renovations . . . maybe even sooner to help get the pins upstairs.

I'm here to help!!!

#7104 5 years ago

So after upgrading my LE to the newest code my backbox lights are out. Well, not completely, just really dim. Adjustments do nothing.

During the update my backbox leds were pulsing brighter and darker randomly.

Any ideas?? Checked all cables back there...

#7105 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

So after upgrading my LE to the newest code my backbox lights are out. Well, not completely, just really dim. Adjustments do nothing.
During the update my backbox leds were pulsing brighter and darker randomly.
Any ideas?? Checked all cables back there...

They did change the default menu/edit brightness to 2%. You tried adjusting the brightness in backbox brightness settings? There are a few in there. If it's always had issues, I'd find out where those LEDs are connected and check the connection. If it only happened after code, try reinstalling code.

#7106 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

They did change the default menu/edit brightness to 2%. You tried adjusting the brightness in backbox brightness settings? There are a few in there. If it's always had issues, I'd find out where those LEDs are connected and check the connection. If it only happened after code, try reinstalling code.

I saw the "service led brightness" was set to 2%...I upped it to 100 and nothing happened. I will dig into the settings some more and see if I am missing one of the settings. Thanks!

Just had my best game ever on this machine. almost 400m. Felt pretty good. Really wanna complete that power pyramid....so close.

#7107 5 years ago

I saw the "service led brightness" was set to 2%...I upped it to 100 and nothing happened. I will dig into the settings some more and see if I am missing one of the settings. Thanks!

Strange. It should change as you're changing settings if you're changing the service brightness. Does zero turn it off? If it's not responding at all, we're back to either a physical issue or code. Oh, wait, this is Stern. Could be both!

#7108 5 years ago

If code was the problem with the backbox lights, then everyone would be having the problem and they would fix it pronto.

#7109 5 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

If code was the problem with the backbox lights, then everyone would be having the problem and they would fix it pronto.

I talked to customer support. They said flash the software, try and long boot sequence, etc. I am trying it all now. Hope my CPU board isnt bad now....

#7110 5 years ago

Everything verified. They said either the SD card or the CPU board is bad. IM leaning towards CPU board since the LEDs are all mounted to the board. Ugh.................

#7111 5 years ago

Everything verified. They said either the SD card or the CPU board is bad. IM leaning towards CPU board since the LEDs are all mounted to the board. Ugh.................

There have been other reported issues with the LEDs on the CPU board that light up the translite, so probably that.

#7112 5 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Not true. See Stern's response above.

#7113 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Not true. See Stern's response above.

Yes, true. SD cards and CPU's are not software code.

Edit to clarify. Stern sounds like they are saying it is hardware related.

#7114 5 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Wow.... Installation. Code. Process. Yes, it isn't the exact computer code.

#7115 5 years ago

For the end of ball bonus, the value you get for having collected Eddie cards and soul shards can vary. I've seen it be anywhere from 250,000 to 1,250,000 points. Anyone know how/why that changes?

#7116 5 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

For the end of ball bonus, the value you get for having collected Eddie cards and soul shards can vary. I've seen it be anywhere from 250,000 to 1,250,000 points. Anyone know how/why that changes?

Soul Shards are a hurryup, so maybe it's how fast you got them. Eddie cards also have level 1 and 2, so maybe level 2 are a higher bonus.

#7117 5 years ago

Got the new CPU board today. 3 minutes swapping it out, fired her up, all is well again.

3 weeks later
#7118 5 years ago

Just had the best pinball game of my life. 1.376 Billion. WOW, so so fun.

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/iron-maiden-legacy-of-the-beast-premium-le/scores

#7119 5 years ago

You're just a minor threat.

#7120 5 years ago

Is the honeymoon over for this game? There's not been much activity in the IMDN threads lately. By the time i get my game this place will be a ghost town and i will be in here talking to myself!

#7121 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Is the honeymoon over for this game? There's not been much activity in the IMDN threads lately. By the time i get my game this place will be a ghost town and i will be in here talking to myself!

Nope, we are just playing it.

#7122 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Not a chance!

#7123 5 years ago

We did all the heavy lifting, you new owners keep this going

#7124 5 years ago

That's what i like to hear!

#7125 5 years ago

Replacement orb and sarc. target stems (pointier ones) are back in stock. Just got mine in today.

20180726_193050 (resized).jpg20180726_193050 (resized).jpg
#7126 5 years ago

Sean you doing ok man?

#7127 5 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

Replacement orb and sarc. target stems (pointier ones) are back in stock. Just got mine in today.

Thanks for the heads-up--I'll start hoping mine arrive again.

#7128 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Sean you doing ok man?

Hey Jason,
I’ve had a few setbacks since going back to work 3 days a week, I am finding out that the brain injury that the tumor left me with is causing me some problems. I am doing the best I can but if I push myself too hard my brain literally shuts down, it’s very frustrating but I am alive so I can’t complain. I have had to sell off a couple games to raise some cash as I have missed much work and have bills to pay, but I will be back on my feet soon and rebuy my games.
Thanks for checking on me

Sean

#7129 5 years ago

During a game yesterday in Fear of the Dark instead of the usual first person perspective there was a side view of what was clearly Keith Elwin the man himself! It made me double-take! Played several more games after that but haven’t seen him again since. Great easter egg!!!

#7130 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Hey Jason,
I’ve had a few setbacks since going back to work 3 days a week, I am finding out that the brain injury that the tumor left me with is causing me some problems. I am doing the best I can but if I push myself too hard my brain literally shuts down, it’s very frustrating but I am alive so I can’t complain. I have had to sell off a couple games to raise some cash as I have missed much work and have bills to pay, but I will be back on my feet soon and rebuy my games.
Sean

Hang in there Sean, it will all work out and you can get your games back soon!

#7131 5 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

During a game yesterday in Fear of the Dark instead of the usual first person perspective there was a side view of what was clearly Keith Elwin the man himself! It made me double-take! Played several more games after that but haven’t seen him again since. Great easter egg!!!

That's the original placeholder version of that mode that was in the game for a while. It's great that they left it in the game as an occasional easter egg once they got the final video done.

#7132 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Everyone moved to the club and issues threads.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/38#post-4512091

#7133 5 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

You can up the percentage that this version appears via the game settings. I think you can set it as high as 25%.

#7134 5 years ago
Quoted from TheCount:

You can up the percentage that this version appears via the game settings. I think you can set it as high as 25%.

What setting is that? That's awesome.
Sean we're in yer corner bub, if you need anything don't hesitate to ask my brother.

#7135 5 years ago

Hey Jason,
Sean

Hope all is well.. I don’t know you but think of you often. Sending my best to you!

#7136 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Hope all is well.. I don’t know you but think of you often. Sending my best to you!

Thank you Frank! So many good people here that have given me encouragement over the last few months, every time I get to feeling down you guys are here to pick me up.
I hope everyone is enjoying their IMDN! I have been getting out to my local arcade a bit more and playing the pro they have there.

#7137 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

What setting is that? That's awesome.

Feature adjustment #31.

#7138 5 years ago

Hey Jason,
Sean

best wishes Sean - thinking positive thoughts for you and your family.

5 months later
#7139 5 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

[quoted image]

Are these replacement parts from Stern or from somewhere else?

Pin-K

#7140 5 years ago

Now that I am back on my feet and carefully planning the rebuild of my pinball collection, I was looking for opinions on IMDN Pro vs Premium? I had to sell my LE (never opened the box) so I have never seen or played an LE/Premium, is the Prem worth the extra money on this title? I actually think I like the Pro artwork best, I’m just not sure if the game play difference makes the upgrade to Prem worthwhile or if the pro is pretty close to the full experience?

#7141 5 years ago

You are going to get opinions on both sides. Your best option is to play bothiff you can. For me, I own and like the pro better. I've played the le and premium and didnt feel it added much, but I know others disagree.

Now that I am back on my feet and carefully planning the rebuild of my pinball collection, I was looking for opinions on IMDN Pro vs Premium? I had to sell my LE (never opened the box) so I have never seen or played an LE/Premium, is the Prem worth the extra money on this title? I actually think I like the Pro artwork best, I’m just not sure if the game play difference makes the upgrade to Prem worthwhile or if the pro is pretty close to the full experience?

#7142 5 years ago

I like the features of the Premium but the extra maintenance isn't worth it to me - seems to break down frequently and I don't want to pay extra to have more downtime. Can't go wrong either way though, especially if you like tinkering on it.

#7143 5 years ago

I love my premium and really haven’t had any problems other than one adjustment to the captive ball and slight adjustment to the shooterlane exit. I’ve been playing the heck out of it and it’s been great and I am very happy. I played the pro a bunch before I bought the premium. They are both great games but the premium is better for me

#7144 5 years ago

is the Prem worth the extra money on this title?

I think it depends on how much you value approx. $2,000. For some, 2k is just a drop in the bucket - if you're going to spend 6k on a machine why not drop an extra 2k to get the 'full feature' version? On the other hand, I had a hard time justifying spending 2k for the additional features. I played both, and while I think the lifting ramp is cool, the lock feature didn't 'wow' me and only seemed to slow down the game. In the end, I opted to get a pro. Now that I've had time to go back and read all the owners/issue threads - it seems most of the issues people are experiencing (other than launch alignment) are all with the premium mechs. My pro has been running rock solid without any adjustments right outa the box.

That said, if I won the lottery and had buckets of cash laying around, I'd splurge for the LE.

#7145 5 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

I think it depends on how much you value approx. $2,000. For some, 2k is just a drop in the bucket - if you're going to spend 6k on a machine why not drop an extra 2k to get the 'full feature' version? On the other hand, I had a hard time justifying spending 2k for the additional features. I played both, and while I think the lifting ramp is cool, the lock feature didn't 'wow' me and only seemed to slow down the game. In the end, I opted to get a pro. Now that I've had time to go back and read all the owners/issue threads - it seems most of the issues people are experiencing (other than launch alignment) are all with the premium mechs. My pro has been running rock solid without any adjustments right outa the box.
That said, if I won the lottery and had buckets of cash laying around, I'd splurge for the LE.

The pro is probably the smart way to go, I am a maiden fan and I love the trooper art so I am leaning in that direction.

#7146 5 years ago

I've played both thoroughly and I'm happy I went with the LE. I think the mech issues are blown out of proportion by very loud complainers. Many, like me, have had no issues. The premium is Elwin's full design and is way better to me. As others have said, play both if you can.

#7147 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I've played both thoroughly and I'm happy I went with the LE. I think the mech issues are blown out of proportion by very loud complainers. Many, like me, have had no issues. The premium is Elwin's full design and is way better to me. As others have said, play both if you can.

Well, to be fair, NONE of them are Elwin's "full" original design. Lots of cool Archer features were cut. Vari-target and subways, for one (for two?).

#7148 5 years ago

Ill toss in my 2 cents. Disclosure I own a pro, usually a premium/le guy.

If someone offered to give me either game for free I would probably take the premium, it adds a fair amount with the captive ball lock and ramp being the biggest differences. Admittedly the pro is lacking any cool mechanical features.

However, the pro plays great and the unique design and shots combined with the fun modes and music are what makes this game you get that with both. I could really care less about the scoop shot and shooting the jump ramp is fun too and it holds the ball as well. I will admit the sarchopgus shot is very cool and hitting the left ramp much harder than locking via the jump ramp. Is that worth the money, heck none of this stuff is but its a cool mech. I don't think I will upgrade to a premium, but I wouldn't say the pro is "better' by any stretch. I will say I am not a huge fan of having to do lots of work on a NIB game that time is better spent on a classic

1 week later
#7149 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, to be fair, NONE of them are Elwin's "full" original design. Lots of cool Archer features were cut. Vari-target and subways, for one (for two?).

Very true. Stern seems to hate sewers. It's a shame as they are one of my favorite features.

#7150 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Very true. Stern seems to hate sewers. It's a shame as they are one of my favorite features.

Me, too. Stern artificially limiting the use of them sucks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/143 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.