20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 144.
#7051 5 years ago

NEW CODE

V1.01.0 - June 20, 2018
=======================
- Playfield Validation - motor switches are no longer causing playfield to be validated early (causing early autolaunch / ball search)
- Playfield Validation - clairvoyant ball changed from setting valid playfield to add valid playfield switch
- Loop Jackpots - fixed an issue where draining while loop jackpots hasn't timed down yet causes no big loops to be registered for the rest of the game for all players
- Loop Jackpots - fixed an issue where when loop jackpots are lit and ball jumps the right up post you are no longer awarded 2 loop jackpots
- Mystery Award - 3M points award changed to 5M
- Mystery Award - 5M points award changed to 10M
- Mystery Award - 250K power jackpot boost changed to 1M
- Mystery Award - 1M power jackpot boost changed to 3M
- Mystery Award - 5M power jackpot boost changed to 6M
- Mystery Award - Level 3 award added 'Spot Soul Shard' which can be awarded once after completing 2 mins to midnight
- Tomb Award - collecting the award now awards a left ramp shot as well
- Tomb Award - add number of possible tomb awards to the tomb award title (Pharaoh's Tomb Treasure #n / 10)
- Skill Shot - added Super Secret Skill shots
- All Mode Grace Periods - grace period shots are now still available if you do not qualify for soul shard
- Cyborg Multiball - fixed an issue with the wrong icons on the LCD changing to solid when those shot types were hit on the playfield
- Cyborg Multiball - icon layout on the LCD now matches the playfield inserts
- Number of the Beast - add sound effect on total screen for total reveal
- Sound / Speaker Test - added all music and speech to test
- Enter Initials - can now skip display of all high score awards by pressing both flipper buttons
- High Score Tables - change 'Supersling Champion' from hit based to score based numbers
- High Score Tables - change '? Master' to say 'Hits' instead of 'Combos'
- High Score Tables - screen optimized to fit better into memory
- Topper - added topper light shows
- Competition Mode does not alter TILT DEBOUNCE time from default 1000ms
- Improved font drawing performance

- System - Updated to V2.04
- Added adjustments for backbox and cabinet speaker types to the service menu UTIL->VOL.
Supported speaker types are "8 OHM" and "4 OHM".
The amplifier power curve is appropriately adjusted for the selected speaker type.
- Added Maintenance Reboot support. The game will automatically reboot if it has
been on for more than 48 hours and has been idle for at least 15
minutes. A 15 second notification display will be presented and can be
postponed by pressing both flipper buttons, inserting a coin/bill, or starting a game.
- Updated 'TILT DEBOUNCE' minimum value to 750ms to avoid overly conservative configurations.

- Adjustment Changes:
- added 'TOP EJECT KICK CLEAR FREQUENCY' - defaults to 4 repeated kicks without clearing the scoop results in a 5 kick clear from the scoop, setting to OFF reverts to old behavior
- changed 'SUPERSLING CHAMPION' - to reflect scores instead of sling hits
- removed 'SONG SELECT TIMEOUT'
- removed 'SONG SELECT EVERY BALL'

#7052 5 years ago

Nice! Has the topper (or art blades for that matter) been announced yet?

#7053 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

No idea. I contacted my distributor yesterday because I had heard nothing last week after being told it would be here. Was told now that they have no updates and the Premiums are not on the line. I took that as I'll be waiting a while.

i ordered my premium over a week ago and got an email the next day saying they were currently sold out. more are due to be made in july, so i guess we have to wait a bit.

#7054 5 years ago

So, now I can switch between 4 ohm load or 8 ohm load on both backbox and cabinet speaker.. right? Anyone try this yet with some 4” 2way car speakers? How was sound quality?

#7055 5 years ago

They used my reboot code hope I got a mention in the code comments

#7056 5 years ago
Quoted from cycochris:

i ordered my premium over a week ago and got an email the next day saying they were currently sold out. more are due to be made in july, so i guess we have to wait a bit.

I ordered mine over two months ago in mid April. Oh well. Hopefully they fix any issues people are having in the first runs.

#7057 5 years ago

I got a fairly new run machine I believe, mine (a Pro) has a clear plastic over the regular plastic at the left pop area, to prevent ball traps, and a small post with rubber on top of the plastic at the back right corner near one of the right ramp posts, to block ball traps there, that I didn't notice on earlier machines. These are new fixes I presume? I'll have to snap a pic or two later...

#7058 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

They used my reboot code hope I got a mention in the code comments

Thankfully they said it's temporary to buy them some time. There's still a pretty major problem in the code. Forcing reboots to clear memory is not a great solution (the fact that Microsoft does it in their Ford car entertainment systems because they couldn't solve memory leaks should say everything you need to know).

#7059 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

I ordered mine over two months ago in mid April. Oh well. Hopefully they fix any issues people are having in the first runs.

I ordered mine through Orange County Pinballs who was running an ad here in the marketplace on June 13. It shipped out from Stern this Wednesday the 20th and is headed directly to me, not OC Pinballs.

#7060 5 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

I got a fairly new run machine I believe, mine (a Pro) has a clear plastic over the regular plastic at the left pop area, to prevent ball traps, and a small post with rubber on top of the plastic at the back right corner near one of the right ramp posts, to block ball traps there, that I didn't notice on earlier machines. These are new fixes I presume? I'll have to snap a pic or two later...

Yup that's new

#7061 5 years ago

Couple quick shots attached of the left clear plastic near the cab side and the pop, and post with small rubber near the top right corner ramp post (not a great shot, but hey...).

20180622_172513 (resized).jpg20180622_172513 (resized).jpg20180622_201032 (resized).jpg20180622_201032 (resized).jpgimdnleft (resized).jpgimdnleft (resized).jpg
#7062 5 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Couple quick shots attached of the left clear plastic near the cab side and the pop, and post with small rubber near the top right corner ramp post (not a great shot, but hey...).

Man, I need one of those plastics by the left ramp. I’ve gotten a ball stuck there at least 3 times now. Gotta pull the glass to get it out too.

#7063 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Man, I need one of those plastics by the left ramp. I’ve gotten a ball stuck there at least 3 times now. Gotta pull the glass to get it out too.

Stern sent the kit just for asking about 2 weeks after the Pros came out and I posted pics then. I knew there was another ball trap spot, but I never could find it. It's the one where that upper clear mini post is.

#7064 5 years ago

Hi All,
I am new to Pinside, Just signed up, I have an Iron Maiden LE and AC/DC Luci Premium arriving on the 3rd July, hear in the UK - I am a big Maiden Fan and AD/DC - hoping all goes well with the setup

And getting in some Trooper Beer for the arrival

#7065 5 years ago
Quoted from SeanUK:

Hi All,
I am new to Pinside, Just signed up, I have an Iron Maiden LE and AC/DC Luci Premium arriving on the 3rd July, hear in the UK - I am a big Maiden Fan and AD/DC - hoping all goes well with the setup
And getting in some Trooper Beer for the arrival

You are going to have a ball...on the 4th of July!

#7066 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Yes defiantly, I am well excited, I have had them on order since mid-March

#7067 5 years ago

Just wondering here, I can see a reboot after 48 hours on to clear itself. But why a reboot if after 15 minutes of being on??
Thanks.

#7068 5 years ago

It's a reboot after 48 hours when the machine has also been inactive for 15 minutes IIRC.

#7069 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Not sure, but I'm betting the 4th doesn't have quite the same pop in the UK as it does in the Colonies...

#7070 5 years ago
Quoted from SeanUK:

Yes defiantly, I am well excited, I have had them on order since mid-March

dood are you on pinballinfo.com ? UK site.

#7071 5 years ago

on and my LE arrives Monday

#7072 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Stern sent the kit just for asking about 2 weeks after the Pros came out and I posted pics then. I knew there was another ball trap spot, but I never could find it. It's the one where that upper clear mini post is.

So I can just contact stern and they will send these to me?

#7073 5 years ago
Quoted from TheCount:

I ordered mine through Orange County Pinballs who was running an ad here in the marketplace on June 13. It shipped out from Stern this Wednesday the 20th and is headed directly to me, not OC Pinballs.

Wow, what a great turnaround! My distributor have either not gotten many in or they had a ton of people preorder before I did over two months ago. I almost in the dark about it now. I was told they have no idea when i can expect it now. Very frustrating when I was told they would be here last week.

#7074 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

So I can just contact stern and they will send these to me?

Yep. Call tech support at 1-800-KICKERS and ask for it. Solves the left ball trap entirely.

#7075 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

dood are you on pinballinfo.com ? UK site.

No I did not know about this site Will check it out - Thanks

#7076 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:on and my LE arrives Monday

Must be 'Maiden Monday' as mines arriving too. 2nd drop in the morning.

#7077 5 years ago

I’m really glad I went with the LE with the upgraded sound system.

EC0D26C9-4574-415D-85B3-9B8AC424589E (resized).jpegEC0D26C9-4574-415D-85B3-9B8AC424589E (resized).jpeg
#7078 5 years ago

Damn those look nice!! I love Marshall!!

#7079 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbu64:

I bet those speakers don't clip.

#7080 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I bet those speakers don't clip.

Clipping's happening in the spike amplifier, so they'll still clip as long as the mix if off.

#7081 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbu64:

Nice to see in AZ and play someday

#7082 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbu64:

Sweet setup. Did you have to replace Stern's buttons with knobs?

IMG_0386 (resized).JPGIMG_0386 (resized).JPG

#7083 5 years ago

Can someone tell me why the Eddie 2 cards flash like in the following video?

#7084 5 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Nice to see in AZ and play someday

Definitely will have the AZ peeps over when I finish the house renovations . . . maybe even sooner to help get the pins upstairs.

#7085 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Sweet setup. Did you have to replace Stern's buttons with knobs?

Of course . . . it now goes to eleven and is one louder.

#7086 5 years ago

Pro just showed up! My cat is pretty excited about it. Thanks to Troy Smith for the easy purchase.

20180625_090605 (resized).jpg20180625_090605 (resized).jpg20180625_090851 (resized).jpg20180625_090851 (resized).jpg
#7087 5 years ago

I ordered a Premium translite for my Pro from Stern and installed it. I think it matches up really well!

IMG_20180619_202938 (resized).jpgIMG_20180619_202938 (resized).jpgIMG_20180626_061913 (resized).jpgIMG_20180626_061913 (resized).jpg
#7088 5 years ago
Quoted from geet84:

Pro just showed up! My cat is pretty excited about it. Thanks to Troy Smith for the easy purchase.

Nice!! Now let me know when your done with it and we can make a trade!

#7089 5 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Can someone tell me why the Eddie 2 cards flash like in the following video?

Probably a level 2 card. Haven't had one in real-life, but they have to have some way to tell you it's not a regular card.

#7090 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Probably a level 2 card. Haven't had one in real-life, but they have to have some way to tell you it's not a regular card.

Nah when you obtain one is remains solid, but not sure why some are flashing..

#7091 5 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Nah when you obtain one is remains solid, but not sure why some are flashing..

Pretty sure that's a level 2 card. He has it lit for getting to Cyborg Multiball, then it starts flashing when he collects the super jackpot in Cyborg Multiball. Maybe that pulsing is new in 1.01?

#7092 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I ordered a Premium translite for my Pro from Stern and installed it. I think it matches up really well!

wait a sec... stern allowed you to order a premium translite for a game that you don't technically own (a premium IM)?!? wow, times they are a changing
apparently, it's all about the benjamins now

#7093 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

wait a sec... stern allowed you to order a premium translite for a game that you don't technically own (a premium IM)?!? wow, times they are a changing
apparently, it's all about the benjamins now

I bought a pro translite to hang up....own an LE...not sure why they wouldnt sell translites.

#7094 5 years ago

Can someone please explain the level 1 Eddie cards and level 2 Eddie cards? I was under the impression that you needed 4 level 2 cards to get to number of the beast:

Collect all 4 Eddie Card inserts to qualify Number of the Beast wizard mode. The 4 Eddie Cards require:

Super Jackpot on Trooper Mutli-Ball
Super Jackpot on Mummy Multi-Ball
Reaching Cyborg Multiball (Completing the Power Pyramid)
Reaching 2 Minutes to Midnight

#7095 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

That’s exactly what I want to do when I eventually order my PRO!! Looks awesome!!

#7096 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I bought a pro translite to hang up....own an LE...not sure why they wouldnt sell translites.

they've always sold the pro translites and gave them away as launch party prizes

however, if you wanted a premium or LE translite/backglass, you had to provide proof of ownership. this is the reason why so many MET owners were scrambling to purchase the premium translite from marco's when they had them available. the only other time I've seen them is on ebay when an owner was selling off theirs

replacement LE backglasses were only available as a exchange for a damaged or destroyed backglass. I believe that they actually had you send in a good portion of your original as proof that it was destroyed (eg. you accidentally dropped it

#7097 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

they've always sold the pro translites and gave them away as launch party prizes
however, if you wanted a premium or LE translite/backglass, you had to provide proof of ownership. this is the reason why so many MET owners were scrambling to purchase the premium translite from marco's when they had them available. the only other time I've seen them is on ebay when an owner was selling off theirs
replacement LE backglasses were only available as a exchange for a damaged or destroyed backglass. I believe that they actually had you send in a good portion of your original as proof that it was destroyed (eg. you accidentally dropped it

I think this may be the first time that Stern has sold Premium translites direct from their site, but in the past they have been available to purchase through distributors and limited retailers. If you notice in my pic I've also got a LUCI translite in my standard ACDC premium as LUCI translites and cab decals were available to purchase through various outlets. The LE backglasses are another story and Stern doesn't provide those for sale like you mentioned. I don't see any reason for them not to sell Premium translites as the premium models are unlimited in production just like Pros.

Marco has almost all of the recent Stern Premium translites for sale on their site:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=premium+translite

#7098 5 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Can someone please explain the level 1 Eddie cards and level 2 Eddie cards? I was under the impression that you needed 4 level 2 cards to get to number of the beast:
Collect all 4 Eddie Card inserts to qualify Number of the Beast wizard mode. The 4 Eddie Cards require:
Super Jackpot on Trooper Mutli-Ball
Super Jackpot on Mummy Multi-Ball
Reaching Cyborg Multiball (Completing the Power Pyramid)
Reaching 2 Minutes to Midnight

You only need 4 level 1 cards or higher to get to NotB, but if you fail to finish NotB, you have to collect all the cards again if they're not level 2. If they're level 2 you get a "free pass" on collecting that card again for a re-try of NotB.

#7099 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I think this may be the first time that Stern has sold Premium translites direct from their site, but in the past they have been available to purchase through distributors and limited retailers. If you notice in my pic I've also got a LUCI translite in my standard ACDC premium as LUCI translites and cab decals were available to purchase through various outlets. The LE backglasses are another story and Stern doesn't provide those for sale like you mentioned. I don't see any reason for them not to sell Premium translites as the premium models are unlimited in production just like Pros.
Marco has almost all of the recent Stern Premium translites for sale on their site:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=premium+translite

I can't think of what the difference between the Aerosmith pro and premium translites are on Marcos page you listed... And the big price difference.

I own a premium and I thought it was identical to the pro. Just the LE had the mirroring..

Sorry to take this off topic..

Brian

#7100 5 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

I can't think of what the difference between the Aerosmith pro and premium translites are on Marcos page you listed... And the big price difference.
I own a premium and I thought it was identical to the pro. Just the LE had the mirroring..
Sorry to take this off topic..
Brian

I think the Premium has more purple in the artwork vs. the Pro which is more of an aqua blue. Aside from that I think the artwork is pretty much identical.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.50
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/142 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.