1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 7,167 posts
  • 672 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by Fezmid
  • Topic is favorited by 92 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 888 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

9C575F0A-1D88-44CA-9EB8-6B444307CEA7 (resized).jpeg
20180726_193050 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180619_202938 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180626_061913 (resized).jpg
20180625_090851 (resized).jpg
20180625_090605 (resized).jpg
IMG_0386 (resized).JPG
EC0D26C9-4574-415D-85B3-9B8AC424589E (resized).jpeg
20180622_172513 (resized).jpg
20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7167 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 144.
#601 1 year ago

Based on historical data (GOTG)

Iron Maiden’s Video content will be random footage of Gary just playing that mobile game you guys keep linking.

Aaaand history also says (AS/MET) that Eddie will sound like Jacky/Sparky

Sorta serious, sorta joking.

#602 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

Pinside keyword count:
jaws 3064

Jaws

Make that 3065

#603 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

Pinside keyword count:
iron maiden 4413
jaws 3064
elvira 1624
munsters 949
harry potter 930
toy story 300
You guys willed a game into existence!

TRON VE has over 5 thousand - so it's next right

When Stern makes it I may just drive up to Stern and tell them thank you in person when I pick it up. Heck, I always wanted to do the Stern factory tour anyway.

#604 1 year ago
Quoted from Goronic:

TRON VE has over 5 thousand - so it's next right
When Stern makes it I may just drive up to Stern and tell them thank you in person when I pick it up. Heck, I always wanted to do the Stern factory tour anyway.

I think TronVE would do very well.

#605 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Sadly, I dont think its coming for awhile.

#606 1 year ago
Quoted from Stones:

Sadly, I dont think its coming for awhile.

Really? I keep hearing that its next? Truthfully i would like to see something older like TSPP or something like that but i know alot of people want to get their shot at Tron again.

#607 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Tron VE with new art, LCD and lighted ramps... We need to will this game into existence!

#608 1 year ago

I don't really rate Tron Legacy that highly but a VE based on the original movie and I'm in

#609 1 year ago

Image-1 (resized).png

#610 1 year ago
Quoted from Travish:

Jaws
Make that 3065

I did see KME with a JAWS hat at Pinburgh last year. Don't lose hope!

#611 1 year ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Time will tell. Metallica has more going for it than just theme, that’s for sure. But I think there are a lot more Maiden fans than Metallica fans worldwide, and with the new platform, the material to draw from, the design team involved, and the growth of Pinball in general, I still think this will do better than Met.
Either way, I’m excited that Pinball is growing and new awesome themes are being released all the time.

I'm not so sure that's correct. It was last summer July 15 Iron Maiden played at Budweiser stage to a crowd of maximum 16,000 people. Metallica played July 16, the very next day in the same city (Toronto), at Rogers Centre to a crowd of 60,000 people. You say Iron Maiden is more popular? No way. The quality of the shows as well. I'm a huge Maiden fan, and I almost walked out of the show. The sound production was terrible. New music was the forefront, which nobody really cares about. Bring on the 80's material! It lacked in comparison. Just my opinion.

#612 1 year ago

From TWIP this morning:

“What We’re Hearing about the pinball machine:

that Iron Maiden will be the next title released
that Keith Elwin is the designer
that Zombie Yeti is the artist
that it should ship with v1.0 code (!)
that Lyman Sheets is on code…and that Keith Elwin is on code?
Explanation: we first heard that Lyman was on code, but we also saw this post by Elwin on Tilt Forums which indicates Elwin himself is doing the rules. Perhaps it is something where they’re working together on rules?
that it may have four flippers
that it may be based on the layout from Archer, a home-brew machine designed previously by Keith Elwin

Are all these rumors correct? No, probably not. Hearing now that it may not be Lyman on code at all – that Elwin did the rules and someone else is implementing and programming those rules. We should find out soon. Speaking of that…

**WHEN WILL WE SEE IRON MAIDEN??**

Ok, these are RUMORS so take them with a grain of salt, but here is what we’re hearing through the grapevine:

The reveal will happen TOMORROW (Tuesday) at around 10:00 AM (not sure which time zone, guessing Central)
The reveal will be coming from Rolling Stone
The goal is for Dead Flip to stream the machine TOMORROW (Tuesday) afternoon, subject to last second licensor approval
If these are true, we could be watching this machine in action, like, tomorrow!! Stay tuned…”

http://thisweekinpinball.com/twip-when-will-we-see-iron-maiden-monster-bash-beatles-license-alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-updates-more/

#613 1 year ago
Quoted from PinWiz1969:

I'm not so sure that's correct. It was last summer July 15 Iron Maiden played at Budweiser stage to a crowd of maximum 16,000 people. Metallica played July 16, the very next day in the same city (Toronto), at Rogers Centre to a crowd of 60,000 people. You say Iron Maiden is more popular? No way. The quality of the shows as well. I'm a huge Maiden fan, and I almost walked out of the show. The sound production was terrible. New music was the forefront, which nobody really cares about. Bring on the 80's material! It lacked in comparison. Just my opinion.

I'm a Metallica fan as well, and went to both shows this summer, I owned a "promium" met and would love an LE.. I'd be in line already for an Iron Maiden LE if I didn't feel kind of burned by my sight-unseen Star Wars LE purchase. I'm not trying to start a war between which band is more popular.. The original point I was trying to make was all of the people who are saying that Stern's sales will suffer, because of the way they "revealed" this game.. or whatever the story will be next week (artwork, limited LE features, similarity to other games, then eventually code, yada yada yada). It won't.. none of it will matter, the game will sell great.. and my prediction, for what it's worth, is that it will be on the line for years, and will sell more than Metallica. Pinball is more popular, the band is globally huge, I have a ton of faith in the design team, etc. That's my prediction, and I'm perfectly capable of being wrong.

Also, can't we all just be excited that pinball has grown to the point that new games are coming out every few months? I'm growing weary of the attacks on stern.. if you don't like it, that's fine.. but go pee in your own cheerio's

#614 1 year ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

From TWIP this morning:
“What We’re Hearing about the pinball machine:
that Iron Maiden will be the next title released
that Keith Elwin is the designer
that Zombie Yeti is the artist
that it should ship with v1.0 code (!)
that Lyman Sheets is on code…and that Keith Elwin is on code?
Explanation: we first heard that Lyman was on code, but we also saw this post by Elwin on Tilt Forums which indicates Elwin himself is doing the rules. Perhaps it is something where they’re working together on rules?
that it may have four flippers
that it may be based on the layout from Archer, a home-brew machine designed previously by Keith Elwin”
http://thisweekinpinball.com/twip-when-will-we-see-iron-maiden-monster-bash-beatles-license-alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-updates-more/

A little clarification - I posted that snippet a few weeks ago, and we're now hearing that it may not be Lyman on code at all – that Elwin did the rules and someone else is implementing and programming those rules. We'll see soon

#615 1 year ago

The bigger rumors we're hearing right now are:

- The reveal will happen TOMORROW at around 10:00 AM (not sure which time zone, guessing Central)

- The reveal will be coming from (not Rolling Stone) a major website <--EDIT

- The goal is for Dead Flip to stream the machine TOMORROW afternoon, subject to last second licensor approval

We'll see how this post ages...

#616 1 year ago
Quoted from pin2d:

A little clarification - I posted that snippet a few weeks ago, and we're now hearing that it may not be Lyman on code at all – that Elwin did the rules and someone else is implementing and programming those rules. We'll see soon

I just updated the post, thanks for the morning TWIP update!

#617 1 year ago

I've read many posts saying only the first 5 LP's or so are good. If you're a real Maiden fan, you know there's a ton of great stuff that has still been released over the years (and some not so good to be fair...cough, cough, Blaze). The latest Book of Souls lp is a brilliant piece of metal mastery. Every time I listen to it I like it more and more. Up the Irons earthdogs!!!

#618 1 year ago

:

Quoted from knockerlover:Maiden is going to crush whatever sales they made on Metallica.

#619 1 year ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Been discussed that this guy is programming Keith's rules.

'Rick Naegele also joins us, bringing nearly two decades’ worth of experience as a software engineer for publishers Midway Games and Electronic Arts'.

#620 1 year ago

The role of coder also being rules designer seems outdated anyways. Why not have technically capable people execute on someone else's vision of how the game should play?

#621 1 year ago
Quoted from PinWiz1969:

New music was the forefront, which nobody really cares about. Bring on the 80's material! It lacked in comparison. Just my opinion

You goto a new album tour.. and are shocked that the setlist is heavy on the new album?

BTW.. the setlist on the Book of Souls tour (named that.. because you know.. it was about the album... Book of Souls) on the 2017 leg featured 6 songs off the new album.. out of 15.

Contrast this with Maiden's 'mix' tours.. the last of which was Maiden England - where everything was Fear of the Dark or older because they were revisiting Maiden England which itself was a revisit of Seventh Son.

Legacy of the Beast Tour will be of the 'mix' type.

And comparing with Metallica is tough.. since you know they are a big radio band too. But Maiden still made the top 10 touring for the first half of 2017.
https://www.pollstar.com/Chart/2017/07/207MidYearTop100WorldwideTours_575.pdf

#622 1 year ago

Derek Riggs is not doing the artwork for the game , i asked later if they are allowed to use his work. Ill have no reply to that question yet !

#623 1 year ago

Ugh (resized).jpg

#624 1 year ago

Information, game matrix and Pro should be debut tomorrow on Tuesday and Jack Danger at Stern pinball live.
I'm hearing the LE version is going to be the most packed with goodness in quite awhile.

#625 1 year ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Information, game matrix and Pro should be debut tomorrow on Tuesday and Jack Danger at Stern pinball live.
I'm hearing the LE version is going to be the most packed with goodness in quite awhile.

isn't that ALWAYS the rumor???

#626 1 year ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Another rumor I just heard is that a majority of the IMDN LE will be going over sea's.

#627 1 year ago
Quoted from melappels:

Derek Riggs is not doing the artwork for the game , i asked later if they are allowed to use his work. Ill have no reply to that question yet !

No he is not doing the artwork. Derek hasn’t done Maidens artwork in a lonnnnng time. Zombie yeti is doing the artwork.

#628 1 year ago

Personally I don’t much care for the theme and am not familiar with their songs. However, I hope stern crushes it and makes an amazing pin for the IM fans. Nothing is better than getting your dream theme being designed and built and in a production line. Good luck, I hope it “rocks”

#629 1 year ago
Quoted from melappels:

Many folks license Iron Maiden art that DR did. So it is a possible to still use the characters that he originally drew.

#630 1 year ago

Imagine if the LE only has the special Riggs art

#631 1 year ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Sold out. But I can't see that happening.

#632 1 year ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I might buy 2 LE's

#633 1 year ago

Just put down my 48 hr refundable deposit with JJ (like I'll be gettin a refund lol). Not to light a fire under anyone's ass but was just told majority of LE's going overseas (surprise surprise) and Maiden themselves are taking 50!
So freakin stoked for this!!!

#634 1 year ago

A reveal of HD images and a subsequent live stream to showcase gameplay on the same day would be pretty amazing.

#635 1 year ago

the hype machine is working... grinding its gears...

#636 1 year ago

Iconic album art = must become a pinball. Got it.

Can I get on the pre-order list for YES LE?

#637 1 year ago

Looks like Nate may have a Keith Elwin interview lined up for tomorrow...

Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 2.45.07 PM (resized).png

#638 1 year ago

People that are into a little "harder" type of music, what do you think is a good alternative to swap with? Like Styx or something?

#639 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

People that are into a little "harder" type of music, what do you think is a good alternative to swap with? Like Styx or something?

Ouch! LOL!

#640 1 year ago

I'm not being a smart ass with the "babe" stuff...like the harder "too much time on my hands" type wicked licks.

#641 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm not being a smart ass with the "babe" stuff...like the harder "too much time on my hands" type wicked licks.

Oh gotcha sorry aboot that. Renegade rocks pretty hard too.

#642 1 year ago

It's not a "hype machine" or album art; for us die hard Maiden fans it's ALWAYS been about the music. Stern can't fuck that up. And that is what's MOST important to me.
Am I being overly optimistic? Absolutely! I had a Mustang with a cracked cab. Guess what? I've got the Williams corner brackets waiting.
I'm excited AF for this and refuse to let anyone rain on my metal gods parade.

#643 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Law did you feel personally betrayed when they branched out into Mr. Roboto territory?
9 yr old me was heartbroken.

#644 1 year ago

"Wicked licks"

#645 1 year ago

Hopefully this has not been posted a million times already, teaser video included

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/iron-maiden-pinball-machine-coming-soon-from-stern-pinball/

#646 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Law did you feel personally betrayed when they branched out into Mr. Roboto territory?

That's funny because as a kid that was the only song of theirs I liked!

Love me some Mr. Roboto! I even had the 45 single.

#647 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

It's not a "hype machine" or album art; for us die hard Maiden fans it's ALWAYS been about the music. Stern can't fuck that up.

are you sure about that? let's look back at mustang, where the pro versions of the game featured 4 songs (half of what the premium/LEs did). and yes, I realize that mustang wasn't a music based game, stern has shown us that they if/where they can cut costs, they will

edit:
I believe that part of the reason that metallica ended up being what it was because the band actually took an active role in requesting/requiring what ended up being in the game (metal ramps, 10+ songs, etc...)

#648 1 year ago
Quoted from Fytr:

That's funny because as a kid that was the only song of theirs I liked!
Love me some Mr. Roboto! I even had the 45 single.

I know, I did too.

#649 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

No I thought it was frikkin awesome. Ahh but that's the diff'rence between being 8 or 9 years old!

#650 1 year ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

You’re missing the point, Maiden fans will buy it because it’s maiden.. even if they’ve never played a Pinball before. Still, my original point was everyone focusing on how the “poor marketing” will impact sales. It won’t.
I don’t think it will do better than Metallica in the US, but overall I predict it will do better.

The economy will determine sales. We’re going to have a Wall Street collapse soon.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 26.50
Machine - For Sale
Oakland, NJ
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
There are 7167 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 144.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside