20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 144.
#6901 5 years ago

?

I truly have no idea what you mean. Maybe you take things too seriously.

#6902 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Depends on the game. Ghostbusters in general was really bad. Batman '66 is worse than average, but Aerosmith is probably like your Met pro/AC/DC Prem. Stern seems to be using multiple suppliers still, so it's a pot-luck. But the trend for Stern is softer, crappier PF wood. So far the Iron Maiden Pro at the location I help with is more like Aerosmith than Ghostbusters. No huge craters, so that's a good sign. No idea on the Prem/LE.

So its a crap shoot. It is what it is. I'm sure that I'm sure that I'll have fun with it. I'm really net that concerned.

Does anyone have a clue what that get a room comment means? I really don't get it.

#6903 5 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

So its a crap shoot. It is what it is. I'm sure that I'm sure that I'll have fun with it.
Does anyone have a clue what that get a room comment means? I really don't get it.

It probably is fatigue over the dimple discussion.

#6904 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

It probably is fatigue over the dimple discussion.

Ahhhhhhhhh! Now it makes sense......kind of. Thank You! Maybe I don't keep up with things on here enough. I was just throwing my own experience in. I'm not too concerned about the dimpling anyway. I didn't mean to beat a dead horse.

#6905 5 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

Got my flipper fidelity kit installed on my Premium. It sounds SO GOOD now, night and day! Set the cabinet/backbox balance to give more juice to the cabinet and it has plenty of bass, and mid/highs are great too. Can’t recommend the upgrade more over the cheap factory speakers.

What kit do you buy? How was installation?

#6906 5 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

What kit do you buy? How was installation?

The high output Spike 2 kit, 8” version. Super easy installation, you lose about a 1/2” of wire on the cabinet speaker, otherwise completely reversible. And actually if you care you could unsolder the wires from the stock woofer and make it 100% reversible.

Iron Maiden is the first game I see that has connectors on all the speakers actually! I wouldn’t be surprised if future versions of the kits were plug and play.

#6907 5 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

The high output Spike 2 kit, 8” version. Super easy installation, you lose about a 1/2” of wire on the cabinet speaker, otherwise completely reversible. And actually if you care you could unsolder the wires from the stock woofer and make it 100% reversible.
Iron Maiden is the first game I see that has connectors on all the speakers actually! I wouldn’t be surprised if future versions of the kits were plug and play.

I can't speak highly enough on that Flipper Fidelity kit. I have it on Star Wars and it is fantastic!

#6908 5 years ago

I'm worried about the house rattlin.
Your pipes ok brother?

#6909 5 years ago

Re the overly active shaker, you should be able to open it up and physically adjust the counter weights. Chances they’re both facing the same way - you need to spin one of the weights so they sit opposite to each other thus reducing the shake.

#6910 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

The shaker wont hurt the pin. I bet you've got a crawlspace. The shaking really travels through the subfloor.

No... No crawl space. You can see the floor from the basement. All the pipes are exposed... My house was a flip job sold to me quickly. Not complaining. It was the best house I could afford at the time. In a decent, but old neighborhood. I just got to live her for about 5-6 more years and then I'm going to hopefully afford to be able to move to a bigger/newer house. I want to have an even better pin collection. And currently my house is filled up almost.

#6911 5 years ago

Yep

dimples (resized).jpgdimples (resized).jpg
#6912 5 years ago

So, when did the tilt bob get so light? It feels about half the weight of what I was expecting.

No big deal, just curious.

#6913 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

So, when did the tilt bob get so light? It feels about half the weight of what I was expecting.

When it cost half as much. Another $0.55 per machine savings

#6914 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

When it cost half as much. Another $0.55 per machine savings

<yawn>

#6915 5 years ago

Can't you put in one of those power control boards to tone down the shaker? I have them on both of my machines but they aren't SPIKE...

#6916 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

The Bob is complete shit. If you tighten the screw with little pressure the threads become powder in your hand. I had to rethread mine and did so easily in my hand. Absolute junk metal compressed together. They will very likely fall apart in your cab in a year or so.

#6917 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

The Bob is complete shit. If you tighten the screw with little pressure the threads become powder in your hand. I had to rethread mine and did so easily in my hand. Absolute junk metal compressed together. They will very likely fall apart in your cab in a year or so.

You're better off using a wing nut on top and a tinnerman fastener on the bottom of the rod to secure the tilt bob (or two wing nuts, one top and one bottom). No problems with the crappy quality of the tilt bob material, then.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-10289

#6918 5 years ago

Would be cool to invent a clip and name it after yourself...

#6919 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You're better off using a wing nut on top and a tinnerman fastener on the bottom of the rod to secure the tilt bob (or two wing nuts, one top and one bottom). No problems with the crappy quality of the tilt bob material, then.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-10289

If I get the time, I’ll thread the wire so I can use a w/b wing on it. Prob swap the bob too.

#6920 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

If I get the time, I’ll thread the wire so I can use a w/b wing on it. Prob swap the bob too.

No need to buy another bob. They're just weight.

Your rod that the bob hangs on wasn't threaded?? In that case just use a tinnerman fastener and be done with it.

#6921 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No need to buy another bob. They're just weight.
Your rod that the bob hangs on wasn't threaded?? In that case just use a tinnerman fastener and be done with it.

Stern uses the screw through the side style, so I assumed it’s not threaded. I could use a fastener, but I have a tap and die kit and many wings on hand. Ten minute job.

#6922 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Stern uses the screw through the side style, so I assumed it’s not threaded. I could use a fastener, but I have a tap and die kit and many wings on hand. Ten minute job.

Heh, I never paid much attention to the bobs on the Sterns lately. I usually just use a tinnerman fastener since it's quick and better than that side screw nonsense.

#6923 5 years ago

New 1.0 code is up!

#6924 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

New 1.0 code is up!

Let's hope they finally fixed the lockups...

#6925 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Let's hope they finally fixed the lockups...

Can you elaborate on the lockup issue? I hadn’t heard about it.

#6926 5 years ago

Can you elaborate on the lockup issue? I hadn’t heard about it.

It's been a problem since release - all released versions so far. If you leave the machine on 24/7 after 2-3 days it will lock up. Similar behavior to the WoZ lockups on original run machines that took years for JJP to fix. Hopefully Stern gets the solution quickly.

#6927 5 years ago

V1.00.0 - June 6, 2018
======================
- Run to the Hills - ultra wizard mode added
- Skill Shot - added Super Secret Skill shots
- Super Slings - added a total screen when the ball ends
- Loop Jackpots - added a total screen when the ball ends / loop jackpot timer expires
- Mummy Multiball - Mummy Super Jackpots are now showing the total multiplier for level 2 jackpots not just the bullseye multiplier
- Hallowed be thy Name - decrease the final escape shot from 15M to 10M
- Fear of the Dark - right spinner will not end the lit spinner phase until 2 seconds after the last shot was made
- Trooper Locks - fixed an issue where lock would sometimes trigger when a ball is released from the Tomb to the playfield
- Two Minutes to Midnight - fixed an issue where you could be awarded the left spinner jackpot twice if it was the last shot lit
- Two Minutes to Midnight - fixed an issue where the outlane drain speech is heard when the ball saver is active
- Cyborg Multiball - added intro sound effect when mode title is displayed
- Cyborg Multiball - added audible timer to single ball play timer
- Eddie Cards - added speech for level 2 Eddie card collection
- Eddie Cards - fixed an issue where lighting the Cyborg Eddie card last would allow you to start the Number of the Beast before Cyborg Multiball
- Eddie Cards - fixed an issue if you lost to the Beast you couldn't re-light the Mummy Eddie card
- Tomb Award - the 50M point award now also awards a random level 2 Eddie card
- Sarcophagus Lock - improved sarcophagus lock handling
- Sarcophagus Lock - now unloads any balls on game startup
- Sarcophagus Lock - added instructional text to display effect
- Guardian Diverter - light show has been improved when opening / closing
- Guardian Diverter - fixed an issue where the light in the tomb passage would be dark when locking a ball in Mummy Muliball
- Guardian Diverter - door closing sound is now in sync with the mech
- Center Up / Down Ramp - when battle is lit, the ramp will now move down and back up during a ball search to free any balls
- Multiplayer - added additional Beast callout variations when "Player X - You're Up" speech happens
- RGB Beacon Light Shows - added mainplay background effect
- RGB Beacon Light Shows - added madness mode background effect
- RGB Beacon Light Shows - added skill shot awarded effect
- RGB Beacon Light Shows - all mode shots are now highlighted on the beacon with the same color that the RGB arrow was for the shot made
- RGB Beacon Light Shows - fixed an issue where the beacon background light effect was still running when completing the mode
- Playfield Validation - served balls to the shooter lane will now autoplunge when playfield is invalid after first skill shot attempt
- Audits - added all tomb award levels
- Audits - added for Number of the Beast mode
- Improved stability
- System - Updated to V2.03
- DIAG->NODE->COMM test would occasionally falsely report address collisions, this has been corrected.
- Adjustment Changes:
- 'EXTRA BALL/POWER SHOTS COMPLETE' - now allows 'NO EXTRA BALLS' as a minimum, and 5 as a maximum
- added 'LOOPS TO AWARD EXTRA BALL' - awards extra ball when loop number is met, can be set to 'NO EXTRA BALLS', defaults to 50
- added 'MODE START SCOOP SENSITIVITY' - INSTANT - (default) mode starts when scoop switch is first detected, or SETTLE - mode starts after ball settles in scoop
- added 'MADNESS MODE ENABLED' - YES - (default) Can I Play with Madness mode will play for the tomb award, or NO, you will get 15M Power Jackpot boost for the tomb award

#6928 5 years ago

Damn I just got a nice high score tonight! Now gotta update.

#6929 5 years ago

Why are you leaving it on for 2-3 days?

#6930 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Why are you leaving it on for 2-3 days?

That's the way the location wants it. We don't argue.

#6931 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's the way the location wants it. We don't argue.

Says they updated to a new version of the system sw maybe that will help.

On the other hand, it does seem like kind of an edge case.

#6932 5 years ago

I fucked up buying Aerosmith

Look at the code love Maiden is getting

Noiyce

Congrats to the owners of a well coded game from what I can gather

#6933 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Noiyce

Hang in there PW they will give Aerosmith some love within 90 day. Then our form will be on fire. Until then we come to read all about it.

#6934 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Noiyce

Sell it and get a IMDN then so you wont be so unhappy. I love my AS and im looking forward to the code update this summer.

#6935 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Noiyce

Hey, I fucked up too. I bought it based on how the pin played with early code and thought, "sure- they'll polish and add more shit to it - but for now it's pretty cool"

Well, that didn't happen.

I used to see people refer to Lonnie, the coder for Aerosmith - as "Lazy Lonnie" because of the whole KISS fiasco. I wrote it off as sure - how can you mess up twice ?

Well, as you can see, Lonnie has lived up to his name and I'll NEVER buy a game coded by him, no matter the theme or anything.

You will be left holding the bag and taking a loss just to move it for something better in it's place. That should be IMDN.

#6936 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

More
Hey, I fucked up too. I bought it based on how the pin played with early code and thought, "sure- they'll polish and add more shit to it - but for now it's pretty cool"
Well, that didn't happen.
I used to see people refer to Lonnie, the coder for Aerosmith - as "Lazy Lonnie" because of the whole KISS fiasco. I wrote it off as sure - how can you mess up twice ?
Well, as you can see, Lonnie has lived up to his name and I'll NEVER buy a game coded by him, no matter the theme or anything.
You will be left holding the bag and taking a loss just to move it for something better in it's place. That should be IMDN.

Lonnie must have coded buck Hunter... Fun game completely ruined by prematurely abandoned code. Code status and Elwin are the only reasons I broke my "NEVER BUY A STERN UNTIL IT'S OUT FOR FIVE YEARS!!!!" rule.

#6937 5 years ago

The new code no longer loads trooper mb behind the post? I really liked that feature.....

#6938 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

More
Lonnie must have coded buck Hunter... Fun game completely ruined by prematurely abandoned code. Code status and Elwin are the only reasons I broke my "NEVER BUY A STERN UNTIL IT'S OUT FOR FIVE YEARS!!!!" rule.

And such a WIN too.

After Aerosmith I felt like a beaten child, an abused and abandoned spouse... Ok im exaggerating.. but I felt like Stern dropped this on us and abandoned it and moved on to the next.

Then I decided to roll the dice again but with IMDN. First off, it's a big theme Ive been waiting for, and second - I've been saying for a long time Stern needs a fresh designer and coder that's hungry to make a name for themselves like a guy like Lyman has.

With IMDN the best part to me is owning a game that is Keith Elwins love child in the pinball world, and his obvious effort to work with the coder to design not only a superior playfield to what we've seen for many years - but some well thought out coding that based on the frequent releases - tells me Keith and the new coder are hungry and almost obsessed with perfecting this. They are hungry and already strong out the gates.

IMDN is going to be a sought after pin for many years to come and could be recognized as one of Stern's best made games, ever. It makes me look forward to Keith's Game #2 because I know it's going to kick ass.

The aquisition of Keith Elwin was needed in this growing sea of competition of pinball manufacturers. Keith going to JJP could have been a big leap for Jersey Jack, IMO.

#6939 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

More
And such a WIN too.
After Aerosmith I felt like a beaten child, an abused and abandoned spouse... Ok im exaggerating.. but I felt like Stern dropped this on us and abandoned it and moved on to the next.
Then I decided to roll the dice again but with IMDN. First off, it's a big theme Ive been waiting for, and second - I've been saying for a long time Stern needs a fresh designer and coder that's hungry to make a name for themselves like a guy like Lyman has.
With IMDN the best part to me is owning a game that is Keith Elwins love child in the pinball world, and his obvious effort to work with the coder to design not only a superior playfield to what we've seen for many years - but some well thought out coding that based on the frequent releases - tells me Keith and the new coder are hungry and almost obsessed with perfecting this. They are hungry and already strong out the gates.
IMDN is going to be a sought after pin for many years to come and could be recognized as one of Stern's best made games, ever. It makes me look forward to Keith's Game #2 because I know it's going to kick ass.
The aquisition of Keith Elwin was needed in this growing sea of competition of pinball manufacturers. Keith going to JJP could have been a big leap for Jersey Jack, IMO.

Let’s see how the design timeframe mandated by Stern changes things...how long was Archer, I mean Iron Maiden “in development”?

#6940 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's been a problem since release - all released versions so far. If you leave the machine on 24/7 after 2-3 days it will lock up. Similar behavior to the WoZ lockups on original run machines that took years for JJP to fix. Hopefully Stern gets the solution quickly.

Please let us know if this new code update resolved the issue.

#6941 5 years ago

Please let us know if this new code update resolved the issue.

1.00 is already installed at the location and the clock is ticking. Should know by Sunday-ish.

#6942 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Sell it and get a IMDN then so you wont be so unhappy. I love my AS and im looking forward to the code update this summer.

No, I'm not throwing more $$ @ Stern. I'm keeping AS but buying nothing until it & whatever I buy next is done. Then moving FW no early buying again. The trust is lost.

My fear is GOTG & Maiden will be complete awesome games when AS is finished & then I have no choice but to buy 2x new games.

Poor me right? Ha

Anyway, congrats Maiden owners.

#6943 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

No, I'm not throwing more $$ @ Stern. I'm keeping AS but buying nothing until it &amp; whatever I buy next is done. Then moving FW no early buying again. The trust is lost.
My fear is GOTG &amp; Maiden will be complete awesome games when AS is finished &amp; then I have no choice but to buy 2x new games.
Poor me right? Ha
Anyway, congrats Maiden owners.

Don't give up now! IMDN has arrived. Buy it and be blown away.

#6944 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

More
Don't give up now! IMDN has arrived. Buy it and be blown away.

What he said.

If I don't like a game, I sell or trade it. Why? Because life is too short to assume you have all the time in the world to wait for whatever it is you want.

Buy IMDN, then play it and realize you don't care about AS anymore and you'll sell it and never think about it again while you are enjoying IMDN

#6945 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

1.00 is already installed at the location and the clock is ticking. Should know by Sunday-ish.

We have the same issue.
24/7 location and game locks up after about three days of operation.
I send a bug report to STERN but didn´t hear back from them yet.
I installed 1.0 software today and will try again, but I´m pretty sure it´s not fix in v. 1.0.
Guess they would have written it to the change log if it was fixed.
Let´s hope for the best, otherwise IRON MAIDEN is an awesome game !

#6946 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

The new code no longer loads trooper mb behind the post? I really liked that feature.....

Me too. One of the coolest features.

#6947 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Wait...so what happens now? The balls no longer lock?

#6948 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Me too. One of the coolest features.

Quoted from TKDalumni:

Wait...so what happens now? The balls no longer lock?

It dont seem to lock them anymore? Anyone else seeing this?

#6949 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

It dont seem to lock them anymore? Anyone else seeing this?

I'm on 1.0 code and Trooper multiball seemed to work the same way to me....

#6950 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I'm on 1.0 code and Trooper multiball seemed to work the same way to me....

Ill try again tonight but it wld start it without loading or holding the balls like it use to...at least on my pro.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Williamsburg, VA
Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/139?hl=guinnesstime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.