20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 144.
#6851 5 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

I did listen to the interview, but then also listened to a member who spoke with Keith personally after the interview. Keith clarified what he meant and said the mode will eventually be in the pro.

I thought the Prem/LE's were supposed to have an extra mode?

#6852 5 years ago

Sharing this with the overall IMDN group FWIW. This came out of a discussion I had with Steve at Pinball Refinery regarding potential armor/trim colors. The color is intended to be close to the radiation yellow/green he offers for TSPP.

IMDN-LE-left_yella green 2 (resized).jpgIMDN-LE-left_yella green 2 (resized).jpg

#6853 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Sharing this with the overall IMDN group FWIW. This came out of a discussion I had with Steve at Pinball Refinery regarding potential armor/trim colors. The color is intended to be close to the radiation yellow/green he offers for TSPP.

I think I like the xmas package better. By a lot!

#6854 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Agreed the factory red actually looks really nice!

#6855 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Uh, no. If you can collect The Trooper within the first 45 seconds of a game with a measly 25MM points, it sure as hell is an exploit. That’s the point. Good for you on your points though!
Sure settings can be changed, but who does that esp. on location.

The Trooper super is no easy feat. Pretty sure every time I’ve collected it it has been complete luck ( a la gem shot). So just because the trooper card can be collected fairly quickly, the game is broken? I like that it gives me false hope. Haha

#6856 5 years ago

Stevie Wonder told me he loves that colour.

#6857 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Quoted from Concretehardt:

Agreed the factory red actually looks really nice!

Yeah - I'm actually really liking the original LE art package the more I see it. The backglass especially looks stunning in a lot of photos and videos.

Enough so that its causing me to seriously rethink selling mine.

#6858 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Just because a man lacks the use of his eyes doesn't mean he lacks vision.

#6859 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

There you go - you should trust your decorator.

#6860 5 years ago

How about gold armor. I thought that looked real nice in the mock ups.

#6861 5 years ago

No thank you sir.

#6862 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

How about gold armor. I thought that looked real nice in the mock ups.

I just powdercoated the trim for my premium. Waiting to install.

20180528_174346 (resized).jpg20180528_174346 (resized).jpg20180528_174348 (resized).jpg20180528_174348 (resized).jpg20180528_174355 (resized).jpg20180528_174355 (resized).jpg20180528_174403 (resized).jpg20180528_174403 (resized).jpg20180528_174519 (resized).jpg20180528_174519 (resized).jpg20180528_174523 (resized).jpg20180528_174523 (resized).jpg20180528_174528 (resized).jpg20180528_174528 (resized).jpg
#6863 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Yep really. Looks lik one Lock is lit, ALL locks are lit. Pretty sure this is not the intent.
When you get a mystery award of “light Trooper locks” (or something like that), only the first Lock is enabled.
It was not that easy in .97

Every code version of IMDN I've played allowed for starting Trooper MB within as little as three or four shots (sweeping the drops lighting all 3 locks, then hitting the lock shots and occasionally ripping the spinner and getting more than one lock on a shot) and within a few seconds of game play. Follow that up with some decent Trooper MB playing and you could get 50 to 100 million on the game in the first minute or two of play.

I wouldn't really consider this an "exploit" because sweeping the targets isn't exactly easy, and getting to those super jackpots is tough as well - - I've had Trooper MB's end with less than 5 million frequently. Considering average scores for above average players are well north of the 250 million range, I think 25 million super jackpots sound about right.

In any case, I don't see this as being a new code issue.

#6864 5 years ago

Yeah - I'm actually really liking the original LE art package the more I see it. The backglass especially looks stunning in a lot of photos and videos.

The LE colors in person are stunning. Pics don't do it justice.

#6865 5 years ago

That's what sold the LE for me. That mirrored BG is stunning both lit and dark. The others are okay but not a fan of the dozen cartoon eddies lined up.

#6866 5 years ago

Pictures don’t do it justice. It’s incredible looking.
Keep it, Tim.

#6867 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

That's what sold the LE for me. That mirrored BG is stunning both lit and dark. The others are okay but not a fan of the dozen cartoon eddies lined up.

I agree. All LEs should have a mirrored backglass. Has anyone made mirrored backglasses for those games that didn’t come with one?

#6868 5 years ago

Anyone who has something negative to say about the LE simply has not seen it in person. Between the powdercoated armor with metallic red paint, mirrored BG, foil artwork, art blades, anti-glare invisiglass, playfield extras, etc etc it really is one of the coolest looking Stern LE's made in a long time. Yes, even better than the $15K Batman Super LE edition lol

#6869 5 years ago

And on that note.. would anyone be interested in doing a trade? My Iron Maiden LE #418 for an Iron Maiden pro plus cash?

#6870 5 years ago

Can a new premium or LE owner verify if your NIB machines already have the metal leg corner brackets installed inside the cab from the factory?
Planning on ordering a few for other machines and want to double check.

#6871 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Can a new premium or LE owner verify if your NIB machines have the metal leg corner brackets installed inside the cab from the factory or no?

It has the small metal bracket. Nothing like the Williams ones that some guys are installing. Personally I don’t think the ones that are on it would prevent cabinet separation, if it’s going to happen.
Someone mentioned if you install the Williams ones, it could void warranty?

#6872 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Can a new premium or LE owner verify if your NIB machines already have the metal leg corner brackets installed inside the cab from the factory?

My LE has the wooden corner brackets.

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com
89FB5340-619B-4832-B5B2-41129496FE39 (resized).jpeg89FB5340-619B-4832-B5B2-41129496FE39 (resized).jpeg

#6873 5 years ago

Got my premium today! Had an interesting delivery experience - UPS Freight truck shows up at my house, only for the game to not be on it! Call the local depot up and they apologize, saying it’s sitting there on the loading dock, was supposed to be loaded on the truck but wasn’t

Thankfully I have my own truck and the depot wasn’t far, went and picked it up myself because why wait for tomorrow when you can have it today!! Box was perfect so at least they handled it well during transit.

Set it up as soon as I got home and wow, it is BEAUTIFUL, a sight to behold! Set it at 7.2 degrees and it is fast and brutally hard at that angle. Every mech and target is working great right out of the box! Super happy and looking forward to getting home from work tomorrow so I can install my flipper fidelity kit and play some more!

4540CDFA-BDB2-429B-8E46-2AFEF3446211 (resized).jpeg4540CDFA-BDB2-429B-8E46-2AFEF3446211 (resized).jpeg
#6874 5 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

Got my premium today! Had an interesting delivery experience - UPS Freight truck shows up at my house, only for the game to not be on it! Call the local depot up and they apologize, saying it’s sitting there on the loading dock, was supposed to be loaded on the truck but wasn’t
Thankfully I have my own truck and the depot wasn’t far, went and picked it up myself because why wait for tomorrow when you can have it today!! Box was perfect so at least they handled it well during transit.
Set it up as soon as I got home and wow, it is BEAUTIFUL, a sight to behold! Set it at 7.2 degrees and it is fast and brutally hard at that angle. Every mech and target is working great right out of the box! Super happy and looking forward to getting home from work tomorrow so I can install my flipper fidelity kit and play some more!

I love the Premium art package, congrats!

#6875 5 years ago

#233 is in the house!

WOW!!!

26AA976D-9542-4330-BF47-B4AE08BC09F1.jpeg26AA976D-9542-4330-BF47-B4AE08BC09F1.jpeg2DB839C2-A3C2-4FAA-A737-F254C01A8874.jpeg2DB839C2-A3C2-4FAA-A737-F254C01A8874.jpeg63556A42-E926-464C-99CF-82A77F872BDD.jpeg63556A42-E926-464C-99CF-82A77F872BDD.jpeg6FE6BF29-14AB-4860-9C44-05B991A499D4.jpeg6FE6BF29-14AB-4860-9C44-05B991A499D4.jpegD59F87D0-3E36-4A41-9B95-619817945964.jpegD59F87D0-3E36-4A41-9B95-619817945964.jpegD96D510C-363E-42F7-99FC-E7E595945DE0.jpegD96D510C-363E-42F7-99FC-E7E595945DE0.jpeg
#6876 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Trooper mb was actually easier on earlier code as ripping the spinner could award 2 locks. How it is now, and I believe .97 too, is when you light lock at the drops via a sweep or 3 drop hits when lock is lit, it will lite all 3 locks that can award a lock at either the right orbit or inner spinner orbit. The second time lighting locks is much harder; it takes 2 sets of drops to light one ball lock, then you have to go through 3 sets of drop banks again to light the 2nd lock, and again the 3rd.
Going for drops is a risky shot but if you can sweep them and light your locks and start multiball and get 25M every time you play the game, then more power to you.
In Keith's interview he talked about difficulty of the game. He wanted to be easy in the first 5 minutes of play for casuals but give advanced players strategic ways to utilize those easier multi balls (i.e. multipliers, loop jp's, etc...). As you progress, the game starts shifting your shots to the more dangerous risky shots. To me, in my opinion, this gives the game much more 'one more game' appeal because it doesn't feel wood choppy (which Keith also mentioned in his interview), and gives the game that 'one more game' appeal as you get to the harder stages you drain ball 3 when you were so close to blowing it all up.
All in all; I don't personally see any issues that need to be addressed. And if you think 25M is a good trooper mb, you may want to 'Play Better'

EDIT: And if you think it still needs to be 'addressed'; go into settings and make the locks harder - bingo, addressed!

I've been playin' better on Trooper Played one game after work tonight and put this up!

IMG_20180601_170858 (resized).jpgIMG_20180601_170858 (resized).jpg
#6877 5 years ago

I spent so much on the LE I only had enough for this topper.

0E863074-62E7-4180-B6B8-EB0015514685 (resized).jpeg0E863074-62E7-4180-B6B8-EB0015514685 (resized).jpeg
#6878 5 years ago

Got my flipper fidelity kit installed on my Premium. It sounds SO GOOD now, night and day! Set the cabinet/backbox balance to give more juice to the cabinet and it has plenty of bass, and mid/highs are great too. Can’t recommend the upgrade more over the cheap factory speakers.

#6879 5 years ago

I got my prem yesterday. I decided to have a shaker installed in it... That turned out to be a little bit of a mistake. As first my floor in the room it went into is all kinds of unbalanced and jacked up. I'll need to fix it before I put any more in... Second, it vibrates too and shakes it a lot... I am afraid it might damage some of my pipes in my basement. My house is a 100 year old house and has some issues. So I might disconnect the shaker. I really like it. But, just not the best house to have one in. But, I will be getting a few pipes fixed and I'll be fixing the floor...So, maybe once I do that I can turn it back on.
Besides all of that. Its a really really good game. The ramps are hard to hit, but not impossible, plays really fast. My only beef is I can't really ever look up to check out the animations. I miss over half of them. And during multiballs... Really its so crazy I just look at the two main flippers and hope for the best... Which so far my best game has been over 200 million... Not too bad... I want to get to 300 million... But, only had it for one day... Its a smooth playing game. Don't know if its the best game ever like how its rated. I only played a handful of real pinball machines. But, its a really, really, really good one.

#6880 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I got my prem yesterday. I decided to have a shaker installed in it... That turned out to be a little bit of a mistake. As first my floor in the room it went into is all kinds of unbalanced and jacked up. I'll need to fix it before I put any more in... Second, it vibrates too and shakes it a lot... I am afraid it might damage some of my pipes in my basement. My house is a 100 year old house and has some issues. So I might disconnect the shaker. I really like it. But, just not the best house to have one in. But, I will be getting a few pipes fixed and I'll be fixing the floor...So, maybe once I do that I can turn it back on.
Besides all of that. Its a really really good game. The ramps are hard to hit, but not impossible, plays really fast. My only beef is I can't really ever look up to check out the animations. I miss over half of them. And during multiballs... Really its so crazy I just look at the two main flippers and hope for the best... Which so far my best game has been over 200 million... Not too bad... I want to get to 300 million... But, only had it for one day... Its a smooth playing game. Don't know if its the best game ever like how its rated. I only played a handful of real pinball machines. But, its a really, really, really good one.

If its vibrating so much that its going to damage your floor and pipes in your house, id be worried about it damaging the pinball machine more than anything. Sounds like you should have bought a house instead of a pinball machine. Lol

#6881 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Did you try turning the shaker to the mild setting in the game menu?

#6882 5 years ago

I saw maiden yesterday in Stockholm and all I can say is holy s*it!
The performance, set list, sound, crowd etc. was of the chart.
Before the show I got to play the game on site at the Arena and it was a blast.
Only bad thing was the dimpling already very visible on the playfield even though the game had only been on location for a few weeks.
I will most likely put a protector on my Premium before the very first play.

#6883 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Im guessing you got a Red Tremor shaker? If so, disconnect - return it. I love Chris & Melissa and all, but that red tremor is a POS.

#6884 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I've been playin' better on Trooper Played one game after work tonight and put this up!

this needs to be addressed ASAP! Keith, please nerf Mike. Thank you drive thru

#6885 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

You can turn the shaker usage down in the settings. Default is "maximal" which you probably don't want. You can also adjust how HARD the shaking is by loosening the weights on the end of the shaker and rotating them a little until you get a more gentle rumble.

#6886 5 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

Only bad thing was the dimpling already very visible on the playfield even though the game had only been on location for a few weeks.

Dimpling is normal.

#6887 5 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Dimpling is normal.

SOME dimpling is normal. The recent Stern craters from softer PF wood are not.

#6888 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

SOME dimpling is normal. The recent Stern craters from softer PF wood are not.

The dimpling becomes so widespread that it blends and becomes smooth again.

#6889 5 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Dimpling is normal.

Yes, but I feel the dimpling seen on some never games are worse than the dimpling in the past.
But for sure the steel ball will always win in the end.

#6890 5 years ago

For those interested this was the set list yesterday:
Aces high
Where eagles dare
2 minutes to midnight
The clansmen
The Trooper
Revelations
For the greater good of God
The Wicker man
Sign of the cross
Flight of Icarus
Fear of the dark
Number of the beast
Iron Maiden
The evil that men do
Hallowed be thy name
Run to the hills
667 the neighbor of the beast

well maybe not the last one

#6891 5 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

The dimpling becomes so widespread that it blends and becomes smooth again.

In the past? Yes because the dimples were not that deep. With these new Stern craters due to verified crappier PF wood? Doubtful.

#6892 5 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

For those interested this was the set list yesterday:
Aces high
Where eagles dare
2 minutes to midnight
The clansmen
The Trooper
Revelations
For the greater good of God
The Wicker man
Sign of the cross
Flight of Icarus
Fear of the dark
Number of the beast
Iron Maiden
The evil that men do
Hallowed be thy name
Run to the hills
667 the neighbor of the beast
well maybe not the last one

Most of these from the new tour are on Youtube already. Varying degrees of quality, but enough to give you the idea of the tour production values.

#6893 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

In the past? Yes because the dimples were not that deep. With these new Stern craters due to verified crappier PF wood? Doubtful.

How old? My original run Met pro smoothed out after dimpling and my original acdc premiumseems to be doing the same thing. Now you have me concerned about my iron maiden that is on the way. How big are these craters?

#6894 5 years ago

Pretty much like this, I'm told...

81927 (resized).jpg81927 (resized).jpg
#6895 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Pretty much like this, I'm told...

Okay. That's not so bad. You had me scared for a minute

#6896 5 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

How old? My original run Met pro smoothed out after dimpling and my original acdc premiumseems to be doing the same thing. Now you have me concerned about my iron maiden that is on the way. How big are these craters?

Depends on the game. Ghostbusters in general was really bad. Batman '66 is worse than average, but Aerosmith is probably like your Met pro/AC/DC Prem. Stern seems to be using multiple suppliers still, so it's a pot-luck. But the trend for Stern is softer, crappier PF wood. So far the Iron Maiden Pro at the location I help with is more like Aerosmith than Ghostbusters. No huge craters, so that's a good sign. No idea on the Prem/LE.

#6897 5 years ago

I put a protector on and it still dimples through it although not as bad. I’d do it again just to help buffer and perhaps protect the clear but honestly all games dimple and become smooth again as mentioned.

#6898 5 years ago

That does nothing to the power of the shake, it only controls how many segments call the shaker.

Quoted from Concretehardt:

Did you try turning the shaker to the mild setting in the game menu?

#6899 5 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

GET A ROOM!!

#6900 5 years ago

The shaker wont hurt the pin. I bet you've got a crawlspace. The shaking really travels through the subfloor.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
6,350 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards
Pinball Machine
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Shooter rods
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
$ 26.50
$ 39.00
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 49.99
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/138 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.