20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 144.
#6651 5 years ago

93137402895957ddebb79042801bdf23 (1) (resized).jpg93137402895957ddebb79042801bdf23 (1) (resized).jpg

#6652 5 years ago

You guys are dumb ! In a good way

LOL

#6653 5 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

Anyone who’s in on a premium get asked for full payment and/or have a firm delivery date yet? Since Stern showed premiums being made, shouldn’t be long...

I did. Sent in my payment today. Supposedly my distributor is getting it this week.

#6654 5 years ago

$399 for a topper is steep

Gonna have to mull it over a bit

#6655 5 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

I am lucky enough to say I unboxed 5 nib Stern games with little to no issues out of the box. I just do not feel I can continue this hot streak.

I'm sitting at 4 in a row absolutely perfect out of the box. 5th one coming in the form of a Premium...

#6656 5 years ago

He even has the Powerslave tie...

#6657 5 years ago

Premiums coming in soooooon!

Got the call from my distro this morning. Expects them in next week. Mine is shipping then.

They are getting these out quick, I was told they were expected to ship end of this month about a month ago but didnt believe it as there are always delays.

Nice its coming out as scheduled!!!!!

#6658 5 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

Anyone who’s in on a premium get asked for full payment and/or have a firm delivery date yet? Since Stern showed premiums being made, shouldn’t be long...

I paid my distributor in full. She said they could be shipping next week!

#6659 5 years ago

I have a feeling the Premium run bumped another Pro run. I was told 2 weeks ago more Pros would be out end of May, first of June. Gonna be Premiums instead.

#6660 5 years ago

.98 just dropped.

V0.98.0 - May 23, 2018
======================
- Instant Info - Soul Shard, Tomb Awards, and Mystery Awards have been added
- Loop Jackpots - after second round of Loop Jackpots you must keep the upper left flipper down to increase the multiplier for each loop jackpot
- Eddie Letters - fixed an issue where you would be locked out from collecting Eddie letters when tilting.
- Eddie Cards - fixed an issue with cyborg eddie card collection, when you completed all the power features and drained before collecting the power jackpot
- Trooper Locks - right spinner lockout after drop target completion was changed to only drop target sweep
- Trooper Locks - right spinner lockout time reduced from 2s to 1.5s
- Mummy Letter Collect - sarcophagus will go back down to a flat position when you cannot collect mummy letters
- Mummy Multiball - Scepter Awards are now being multiplied by playfield multiplier
- Mummy Multiball - Jackpots / Double Jackpots now being properly called out
- Mystery Award - allow mystery awards to award a 'Boost Power Jackpot' even if a power feature hasn't been started
- Power Jackpot - allow a power jackpot to be collected after reaching the minimum threshold even if a power feature hasn't been started
- Power Features - ORBITS and RAMPS completion bonus to the power jackpot changed from 1M to 3M
- Tomb Award - changed 'TOMB AWARD' text during award to 'Pharaoh's Tomb Treasure'
- Tomb Award - added 'Super Combos', awards 5x combos and deathblows for the rest of the ball
- Tomb Award - added 'Power Jackpot X+5', adds 5X to the current power jackpot multiplier
- Tomb Award - added 'Boost Power Jackpot 15M', adds an additional 15M to the current power jackpot
- Tomb Award - added some descriptive text for some of the tomb awards when they are awarded
- Flight of Icarus - changed the starting score from 500K to 1M
- Flight of Icarus - boost the combo time from 4s to 6s
- Hallowed be thy Name - orange arrow shots score changed from 500K to 3M
- Hallowed be thy Name - award shots increased from 3M, 5M, 7M to 5M, 10M, 15M
- Number of the Beast - starting attack value changed from 4M to 10M
- Attract Mode - now cycles through select background videos
- Attract Mode - idle flipper button speech added
- Shoot Again - added background animation and 'Shoot Again' text
- Replay - added replay animation
- High Score Tables - Obelisk scroll can now flip through pages with flipper buttons
- Improved stability
- Adjustment Changes:
- added 'FEAR OF THE DARK SECRET BG %' adjustment
- increased all REPLAY defaults by 25M - starting default is now 150M

#6661 5 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

- Trooper Locks - right spinner lockout time reduced from 2s to 1.5s

Wow, that is really doing some fine tuning! This is really going to be something when the code is completed.

#6662 5 years ago

Sweet! Love the code updates so far! New programmer is showing off at this point lol

Now I just need my new underworld ramp assembly because mine is broken already

#6663 5 years ago

I paid in full for premium after the pics. I was told 2 weeks last Wednesday, so hopefully 1 more week

#6664 5 years ago
Quoted from Buju:

I paid in full for premium after the pics. I was told 2 weeks last Wednesday, so hopefully 1 more week

Who’s your distributor?

#6665 5 years ago

.98 code is up!!!!!!!!!!

#6666 5 years ago

Me likey these improvemtns:
Replay - added replay animation
Tomb Award - added 'Super Combos', awards 5x combos and deathblows for the rest of the ball
Tomb Award - added 'Power Jackpot X+5', adds 5X to the current power jackpot multiplier
Tomb Award - added 'Boost Power Jackpot 15M', adds an additional 15M to the current power jackpot
Flight of Icarus - changed the starting score from 500K to 1M
Flight of Icarus - boost the combo time from 4s to 6s
Hallowed be thy Name - orange arrow shots score changed from 500K to 3M
Hallowed be thy Name - award shots increased from 3M, 5M, 7M to 5M, 10M, 15M
Number of the Beast - starting attack value changed from 4M to 10M
Shoot Again - added background animation and 'Shoot Again' text
Attract Mode - idle flipper button speech added

And I'm hoping this is what I think it is:
Improved stability

#6667 5 years ago

I cannot wait for my premium!

#6668 5 years ago

Elwin is gonna make this game a Masterpiece !

#6669 5 years ago
Quoted from Buju:

I put a down payment 10 days before the premium art was released and was told mid June just 2 days ago. I’m hoping for sooner.

#6670 5 years ago
Quoted from trilamb:

Who’s your distributor?

I'm told by mine that Memorial day week they will be getting them. I'm a bit far from their route, but I am hoping to get mine delivered next Friday.

#6671 5 years ago

Looking forward to next Friday…
2018 is shaping up. Release of an epic game from a grate player/designer hopefully followed by an epic concert

IM (resized).JPGIM (resized).JPG

#6672 5 years ago

My game isn't registering any sarcophagus newton ball shots. Can someone please show me exactly how to adjust the leaf switch which a few have stated is the fix?

Thanks

#6673 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

I cannot wait for my premium!

Get the shaker, it’s awesome! Especially with the mummy tomb.

#6674 5 years ago
Quoted from jefryan:

My game isn't registering any sarcophagus newton ball shots. Can someone please show me exactly how to adjust the leaf switch which a few have stated is the fix?
Thanks

Ditto!

#6675 5 years ago
Quoted from jefryan:

Thanks

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-issues

#6676 5 years ago

Yes, but it doesn't exactly explain it very well. A picture would be great as I'm no repair expert. Thanks in advance for those willing to help out.

#6677 5 years ago

I have a pro or I would. Just open up your game and look at the underside of the playfield it should be pretty obvious.

Pasted from the other thread and added some more detail. Next time I'm at my buddys house with the LE I'll try to get a few snappies.

First, make sure the white cup / spoon is centered underneath the captive ball's post hexagonal exactly. The bracket can be bent slightly. If you don't have a leaf adjustment tool you eyeball the two leaf switch contacts with the captive ball in the resting position and push the metal finger behind the bottom leaf switch past the point where the two leafs make contact and release. Reevaluate the spacing and repeat if necessary. When you are finished you want a tiny amount of space between the contacts. To test, move the captive ball very slightly. The top leaf should move and the bottom leaf shouldn't. Any more and you should be able to see the bottom leaf move. This ensures you do not have it stuck on.

#6678 5 years ago

Just to clear up any confusion I put my premium order in less then 24 hours after the initial info that IM would indeed be a pin. Then paid in full after the art was revealed(I loved all the hemming/hawing bout the art). This is a guess but I think if you go premium now you might have to wait for a pro run before they turn back to prem. Speculation on my part I guess

#6679 5 years ago
Quoted from jefryan:

Yes, but it doesn't exactly explain it very well. A picture would be great as I'm no repair expert. Thanks in advance for those willing to help out.

Quoted from Chalkey:

Just open up your game and look at the underside of the playfield it should be pretty obvious.

Adjust the switch...whats hard to understand? If you dont understand basic switch operation, Im not sure you should be owning or working on pinball machines.

#6680 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Adjust the switch...whats hard to understand? If you dont understand basic switch operation, Im not sure you should be owning or working on pinball machines.

Man, I'd better trade in my Mercedes then and get my old Chevy Vega back then!!! Cheers!

#6681 5 years ago
Quoted from jefryan:

Thanks

Gap is too wide. Make sure the flimsy poorly designed white plastic arm is making contact with the leaf. Bend the leaf to make it tighter with contact arm

#6682 5 years ago

According to my distro, some Premium's have already left the factory. So we should start to see some unboxing pics soon. Mine unfortunately wasn't in that batch, but should be soon. Can't wait!

#6683 5 years ago
Quoted from jefryan:

Man, I'd better trade in my Mercedes then and get my old Chevy Vega back then!!! Cheers!

Consider the switch your air filter. Do you really pay the mechanic at the dealership $150 to change a $20 part you can do yourself?

Any way, since I am such a nice guy, I am going to open my machine up this afternoon and get a picture for you. Stand by. Probably around 3-4pm.

#6684 5 years ago

Consider the switch your air filter. Do you really pay the mechanic at the dealership $150 to change a $20 part you can do yourself?
Any way, since I am such a nice guy, I am going to open my machine up this afternoon and get a picture for you. Stand by. Probably around 3-4pm.

No but I know how to change spark plugs too and I'm not messing with that, lol. Anyways, I do get under there and mess with mods etc I've just never messed with this particular item and didn't want to dick something up worse. Just being cautionary is all. If I clearly understand what I need to do I will do it. So with what Ive read I'm going to check it out now and have a go. Thanks in advance for the coming pic and I'll update this shortly.

#6685 5 years ago

When adjusting the Newton Ball switches, check to see if the trigger is centered properly under the white plastic, which has a dome at the center. If it is off center, the switch may be always on, in which case you need to move the switch trigger slightly. You may need to bend the switch sleeve away as well.

#6686 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

When adjusting the Newton Ball switches, check to see if the trigger is centered properly under the white plastic, which has a dome at the center. If it is off center, the switch may be always on, in which case you need to move the switch trigger slightly. You may need to bend the switch sleeve away as well.

Ok, so the spoon is centered underneath the captive ball's post hexagonal exactly as you guys described. It appears that when I hit the ball with the flipper and nail the newton ball it doesn't register still. If I take my hand and slam the ball really good or use my finger it registers. So for some reason it needs a super hard push... so I guess I need to adjust still.

#6687 5 years ago
Quoted from jefryan:

Ok, so the spoon is centered underneath the captive ball's post hexagonal exactly as you guys described. It appears that when I hit the ball with the flipper and nail the newton ball it doesn't register still. If I take my hand and slam the ball really good or use my finger it registers. So for some reason it needs a super hard push... so I guess I need to adjust still.

Make sure there is a small gap. Mine came with no gap at all, it doesn’t work that way either. I’ve adjusted this stupid thing 4-5 times already.

#6688 5 years ago
Quoted from jefryan:

Sounds like the spring is holding the newton ball in place tightly. I'd move it manually until it moves more freely or try repositioning the spring inside the mechanism.

#6689 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Sounds like the spring is holding the newton ball in place tightly. I'd move it manually until it moves more freely or try repositioning the spring inside the mechanism.

So I tried spacing a little like Russell pointed out as mine has zero gap as well. Tried again and same thing. What's strange is that after I manually do it, it then asks me to hit left ramp to get the ball into the sarcophagus.... once I do that and then try with flippers again it registers the ball hits no problem. Going to mess with the spring now as you suggest.

#6690 5 years ago

You're aware it doesn't register hits after spelling mummy the first time until you lock and during most modes, right?

#6691 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

You're aware it doesn't register hits after spelling mummy the first time until you lock and during most modes, right?

Yes... the problem is when initially spelling MUMMY.

#6692 5 years ago

If your orb ball is working as it should use the size of the gap on those switches as a reference.

#6693 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

If your orb ball is working as it should use the size of the gap on those switches as a reference.

Chalky, thanks. I was actually surprised at how big of a gap that was. Once I adjusted it to the same gap as that one it started working. Only a couple of games in, so I will monitor it closely. Thanks all of you for the input, I really appreciate it.

#6694 5 years ago
Quoted from jefryan:

Chalky, thanks. I was actually surprised at how big of a gap that was. Once I adjusted it to the same gap as that one it started working. Only a couple of games in, so I will monitor it closely. Thanks all of you for the input, I really appreciate it.

Good job! Have fun

The Orb switch will probably end up needing adjustment too. Mine did

#6695 5 years ago

Also make sure the actuator is not becoming unscrewed. Mine kept unscrewing itself and causing gap issues. I used some loctite and fixed that issue and now my newton works as expected

#6696 5 years ago

iceman44/way2wrd, will keep these in notepad for quick reference. Cheers guys!

#6697 5 years ago
Quoted from jefryan:

Thanks

I had a similar issue that was just the opposite. The Orb Newton was registering with just hitting the flippers. The adjustment is really simple as it uses a pop bumper style cup and leaf switch combo. You can hand bend the bottom tab on in on yours (less clearance! and that should fix it). Email me at [email protected] if you need more help or videos etc.

#6698 5 years ago
Quoted from jefryan:

Ill stand down on pics then. I just went and updated our Kiss LE that sits next to IMLE, played two games, all switches seem to be working fine. Not going to mess with a good thing.

#6699 5 years ago

Ill stand down on pics then. I just went and updated our Kiss LE that sits next to IMLE, played two games, all switches seem to be working fine. Not going to mess with a good thing.

Sounds good and thanks again for the offer.

#6700 5 years ago

So Iron Maiden is Spike 2, right? So these wont work?

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2894

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
PinWoofer

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/134?hl=jefryan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.