20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 144.
#6601 5 years ago
Quoted from Hunico:

I have oportunity ti buy pro or le!!
Anyone can help??
Thanks

Good god man get the LE!

#6602 5 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

As it was established, it's a simulated UV. To answer your question, it's because I have children that love the look of it and their opinion of what makes pinball fun for them is my priority.

The fact that you have kids playing it makes it even more important to know what the "simulated UV" wavelength actually is. I see no technical specs about it on Pinstadium's site. You could literally be messing up their eyes forever. Kids are still developing and very susceptible to environmental hazards. If it's actually using LEDs in the 390-400nm wavelength range, those are bad for more than passing exposure.

#6603 5 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

If you have the extra cash, go LE.
If you want 90% of the game for half the money, get the Pro!
Both are awesome.

Best answer yet

#6604 5 years ago

Wanna see the Topper asap! C‘mon Stern show us what you’ve got!

#6605 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If it's actually using LEDs in the 390-400nm wavelength range, those are bad for more than passing exposure.

Reference? I'm not saying you're wrong - this is something I've been considering for my gameroom with blacklight-reflective carpet. I've been researching online but haven't found anything definitive re: the safety of LEDs in this range of wavelength. Just looking for as much info as I can find.

#6606 5 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

Wanna see the Topper asap! C‘mon Stern show us what you’ve got!

Agree! I hope it’s something more interesting than recent ones like for GotG or BM66 . . . maybe something like the one for BM66 SLE/LE but with a spitfire and Aces High Eddie in the cockpit.

#6607 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Should I trade my Congo for a Iron Maiden Pro?

Keep both,like me lol.

#6608 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Can't wait to play this tomorrow at Allentown. I can get a NIB delivered for 5k. Is that a good deal?

Quoted from Skyemont:

Very good point. Plus the used pros used will go down in price within 2-3 months.

I thought you had the big time connection to buy an IMDN Pro for $5000? That’s a no brainer IF true

#6609 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Why would you want UV light on a pin? Seems incredibly dumb if it's real UV light.

I'm sure it makes cool effects with things glowing under black light (which is UV-A). But the long-term exposure you'd have to it in a pin makes it a very bad idea for adults and a horrible, borderline child-abuse idea for kids.

#6610 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I thought you had the big time connection to buy an IMDN Pro for $5000? That’s a no brainer IF true

5300 shipped to me to be exact. He forgot to add shipping. A friend is getting two in. I'm trying to decide if I want to trade my Congo for one. He wants my Congo.

#6611 5 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

Reference? I'm not saying you're wrong - this is something I've been considering for my gameroom with blacklight-reflective carpet. I've been researching online but haven't found anything definitive re: the safety of LEDs in this range of wavelength. Just looking for as much info as I can find.

There are mountains of information out there, but how about a paper from the military talking about the hazards of UV-A (blacklight) energy for their enlistees that use the UV-A flashlights?

https://phc.amedd.army.mil/PHC%20Resource%20Library/HazardAlertforUltraviolet-AFlashlightsandBlackLightsUsedforInspections_FS_24-014-0815.pdf

I *believe* that the pinstadium glow lights are in the 390-400nm wavelength, at least partially, which puts them into the edge of UV-A spectrum and dangerous for repeated, extended exposure. It would be nice if pin stadium would publish the specs of the LEDs they're using.

#6612 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

5300 shipped to me to be exact. He forgot to add shipping. A friend is getting two in. I'm trying to decide if I want to trade my Congo for one. He wants my Congo.

Very good price, it’s a personal preference decision, but I agree that a nice Congo could be difficult to find later. IMHO the fun factor goes to IMDN all day long.

#6613 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

You should totally get a machine with music you hate so you can get on this thread and insult everyone. That would be totally worth $5k. And then we get to enjoy the thread eject.

#6614 5 years ago

Can you set the game up to allow for lock stealing in the software for the LE/Prem? Thanks in advance.

#6615 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There are mountains of information out there, but how about a paper from the military talking about the hazards of UV-A (blacklight) energy for their enlistees that use the UV-A flashlights?
https://phc.amedd.army.mil/PHC%20Resource%20Library/HazardAlertforUltraviolet-AFlashlightsandBlackLightsUsedforInspections_FS_24-014-0815.pdf
I *believe* that the pinstadium glow lights are in the 390-400nm wavelength, at least partially, which puts them into the edge of UV-A spectrum and dangerous for repeated, extended exposure. It would be nice if pin stadium would publish the specs of the LEDs they're using.

Dude who cares you get more blue light strain and damage from your phone then any pinball light will give you

#6616 5 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Dude who cares you get more blue light strain and damage from your phone then any pinball light will give you

No, no I don't. I'm not glued to my phone screen, and I have a filter on it to reduce whatever blue is coming through the backlight.

Back to talking about UV-A LEDs - when the manufacturer of black lights puts warnings on them to tell people to limit exposure, only a moron says "who cares?" and stares at it for accumulated hours per month. I couldn't care less what you choose to do, but people need to at least be aware of the potential risks to putting this in a pin that they stare at for long periods at a time.

#6617 5 years ago

Anyone else put blades in yet? I’ve put blades in lots of games and never seen it this snug. My cabinet honestly feels too small on the sides and front to back.
Oh well. Fantastic game. Finished product looks sharp.

EA492FA7-69CD-4201-9A37-95F2331B2E64 (resized).jpegEA492FA7-69CD-4201-9A37-95F2331B2E64 (resized).jpeg

F17BEE3F-11F6-4292-B5DC-C210046C2B5F (resized).jpegF17BEE3F-11F6-4292-B5DC-C210046C2B5F (resized).jpeg

#6618 5 years ago

Thinking about selling my TAF and getting myself a Iron Maiden pro. Any TAF owners here who think this is an upgrade in fun factor? Have to mention I like their music and am not a big Addams theme fan.

#6619 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Thinking about selling my TAF and getting myself a Iron Maiden pro. Any TAF owners here who think this is an upgrade in fun factor? Have to mention I like their music and am not a big Addams theme fan.

Seems like a no brainer if you like Iron Maiden music and don’t like Addams Family.

#6620 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

It all depends upon how much you’ve played TAF. IMHO, if you’ve had your fun with it, move on.

#6621 5 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

Setup my LE last night and played several games. Man, what an amazing pin! Couldn't be happier.
First few games everything worked fine, but when I ended the night, I have two problems. First, Mummy captive ball is no longer reading hits. Second, trap door leading to sarcophagus lock doesn't know the ball is there and won't open the door. Ball check clears it but sarcophagus immediately dumps it back to playfield. The secret entrance diverter stays open, so as soon as you shoot the left ramp again, the process repeats.
I'll dig in over the weekend. Gets my troubleshooting juices flowing!

I have the same issue , you fixed yours ?

#6622 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

Seems like a no brainer if you like Iron Maiden music and don’t like Addams Family.

Playing a pinball is more as just a theme. Yep, i like the music of Iron Maiden but if playwise a TAF outperforms an Iron Maiden that weighs more as the theme.

Suppose I do it I have a real music collection with MET and AC/DC to

#6623 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Huge upgrade in things to do. Addams is pretty simple. I'd do it.

#6624 5 years ago

I played the LE last night for 2 hours and the lighting is really awesome! I wouldn't change a thing. The music is not something I'd listen to in the car, but it works really well with the modes and onscreen graphics. Excellent job Keith and company! This game rocks man! Loved it.

#6625 5 years ago

I am sure this has been discussed before but it is hard to find info in a thread this long:

What are the game play differences between the pro and prem/le? I watched the Dead Flip LE stream and read the feature matrix but I'm still not 100% clear. Clearly the physical aspects of the orb shot are different. I can see the mummy works differently especially with how you lock the ball and Keith explains how to get 2 ball multiball. On the pro is it just 3 ball only? They said the mode start is different but they didn't say how it works on the pro (on the LE you shoot under the center ramp right)?

People who have played both do the added features of the prem/LE play significant different?

#6626 5 years ago

The mummy lock and tomb treasure shots are harder as they're the left ramp instead of the bullseye and right orbit. The mode starts and some others are easier as the ramp lifts and it's a lot easier to accomplish if you aren't exact or backhanding off the right flipper. Kind of a wash. The mechs are definitely cool but there's also the mo mechs mo problems some folks are having.

#6627 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

So Maiden for $5.3k delvered. That is same deal as 99% of people are getting for a show's pro game, it is used too btw. But that issue aside, either you want to swap for your Congo or not. If you are tired of it let it go, if you want something new let it go. Just do something and report back in one thread, I think I've read this in three threads today.

#6628 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I’d do it in a heartbeat.

#6629 5 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

Anyone else put blades in yet? I’ve put blades in lots of games and never seen it this snug. My cabinet honestly feels too small on the sides and front to back.

My AS fits weird too

I can see, well I think I see, the PF is closer to the left of the cabinet than the right side on your game.

#6630 5 years ago
Quoted from Hunico:

I have oportunity ti buy pro or le!!
Anyone can help??
Thanks

LE

#6631 5 years ago

Played Iron Maiden Pro at Golden State Pinball Festival this weekend. I've played Archer before, so I knew roughly what to expect already, so was unsurprised to find it a ton of fun to flip. I'm not convinced that the Prem/LE features are really that necessary, but I'm going to go play a local LE soon to find out for myself.

I'll say this, the Pro translite and package looked better in person than in photos, I've warmed to the parade of Eddies on the translite especially.

#6632 5 years ago

Dream theme for my entire family! Was even the one my youngest son suggested to Gary on our first visit back in 2012! Always hoped Borg would get Maiden, but it looks and sounds like Keith and ZY have knocked it outta the park.

Looked great when we saw the first ones on the line after my sons last checkup (and couldn’t take pics). Sadly none were playable yet either.

Hoping to find one local to play soon before deciding whether to add a Pro to our lineup...though I might have to move LOTR or TWD to fund it.

#6633 5 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

0514181348 (resized).jpg0514181348 (resized).jpg

0517181428a (resized).jpg0517181428a (resized).jpg

#6634 5 years ago

When are the legit Stern blades for Pro/Prem going to be available?

#6635 5 years ago

0511181554 (resized).jpg0511181554 (resized).jpg

0511181554a (resized).jpg0511181554a (resized).jpg

#6636 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The fact that you have kids playing it makes it even more important to know what the "simulated UV" wavelength actually is. I see no technical specs about it on Pinstadium's site. You could literally be messing up their eyes forever. Kids are still developing and very susceptible to environmental hazards. If it's actually using LEDs in the 390-400nm wavelength range, those are bad for more than passing exposure.

I’m more worried that he has a TWD with young children vs RGB lights.

On a serious note, isn’t pinstadium just rgb lights? If so all modern pinball machines have the same light spectrum. Or perhaps it has dedicated UV leds.

#6637 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I’m more worried that he has a TWD with young children vs RGB lights.
On a serious note, isn’t pinstadium just rgb lights? If so all modern pinball machines have the same light spectrum. Or perhaps it has dedicated UV leds.

Hard to say. From the reflections in the metal it looks like the UV or UV-ish lights are interleaved with the other RGB leds. It would be nice to know the specs for the UV+glow LEDs. I've asked, but no answer yet.

#6638 5 years ago

I have been playing the pro that we have on route at a local bar quite a bit. I set up a friends LE Friday and played a few games. Really didn't see much difference in game play from the pro. The Borg jackpot style shots at the right flipper are really cool. The ramp lock is neat because of how fast the 2nd ball pops out when mummy multiball starts. There was also some kind of crazy strobe light thing going on during Powerslave that I did not notice on the pro.

I definitely think the LE is more fun to play, but the pro plays just fine. I am getting a premium but would say the best bang for the buck is the pro. The pro art is closest to classic Iron Maiden too so that is a win.

I have been holding back on saying this but I think \m/ might be the most fun Stern ever. Thats my buddy Matt in the pic and his friend Eddie.

32835925_1918142274932396_5024079604139163648_n (resized).jpg32835925_1918142274932396_5024079604139163648_n (resized).jpg

#6639 5 years ago

It could be telling that if you whisper "Pinstadium" in the mirror three times that guy appears out of nowhere and he's not responding to your simple question of whether or not his product will give you terminal eyeball cancer.

#6640 5 years ago

Tomorrow I find out if my good Stern NIB Karma continues. Back YEE GREMLINS AND BAD SARCAAAAPHOOOGUSSSSSS!!! I have not the time for you!

But serious hoping for a uneventful delivery with a virgin carton sitting on a pallet without major forklift holes!

One can dream right?

#6641 5 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Tomorrow I find out if my good Stern NIB Karma continues. Back YEE GREMLINS AND BAD SARCAAAAPHOOOGUSSSSSS!!! I have not the time for you!
But serious hoping for a uneventful delivery with a virgin carton sitting on a pallet without major forklift holes!
One can dream right?

I find out if my expensive toy is broken or neglected on Wednesday!

#6642 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I find out if my expensive toy is broken or neglected on Wednesday!

I am lucky enough to say I unboxed 5 nib Stern games with little to no issues out of the box. I just do not feel I can continue this hot streak.

#6643 5 years ago

Hey everyone! I’m streaming the LE tomorrow night at 8 pm eastern. If there are any closeups or parts of the game you want shown off, let me know or come by to hangout and let us know in chat. I will have it setup to take breaks and show off different parts of the game if people want.

www.twitch.tv/sdtmpinball

Scott from pinstadium has donated a full set to a lucky viewer. If my eyes don’t pop out of my head from the dangerous UV lights (joking it’s only simulated UV) I’ll pick a random viewer to take them home! Don’t forget to watch and chat to have a chance to win!

#6644 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hey everyone! I’m streaming the LE tomorrow night at 8 pm eastern. If there are any closeups or parts of the game you want shown off, let me know or come by to hangout and let us know in chat. I will have it setup to take breaks and show off different parts of the game if people want.
http://www.twitch.tv/sdtmpinball
Scott from pinstadium has donated a full set to a lucky viewer. If my eyes don’t pop out of my head from the dangerous UV lights (joking it’s only simulated UV) I’ll pick a random viewer to take them home! Don’t forget to watch and chat to have a chance to win!

Is this stream happening tonight?

#6646 5 years ago

Anyone who’s in on a premium get asked for full payment and/or have a firm delivery date yet? Since Stern showed premiums being made, shouldn’t be long...

#6647 5 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

Anyone who’s in on a premium get asked for full payment and/or have a firm delivery date yet? Since Stern showed premiums being made, shouldn’t be long...

Not yet. Was told the distributor was expecting it in the next week or two though. I will definitely be posting (ahem...bragging) as soon as I know anything.

#6648 5 years ago

Stern just posted pics of Iron Maiden's topper.... really? It's a damn MULLET for $399.99 MSRP? Is this a joke?

IMmullet (resized).jpgIMmullet (resized).jpg

#6649 5 years ago

Take. My. Money. Now.

#6650 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Stern just posted pics of Iron Maiden's topper.... really? It's a damn MULLET for $399.99 MSRP? Is this a joke?

BAB6A095-7DD8-4490-8088-0BEAD2402EB1 (resized).jpegBAB6A095-7DD8-4490-8088-0BEAD2402EB1 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/133?hl=chuckcasey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.