20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 144.
#551 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

When have they ever sold 15K games of any title in recent history?

Nobody knows how many they have or haven’t made.. not even you or your friend who says he knows. They made Metallica for 5 years, everyone you know has a Metallica.. Maiden is going to crush whatever sales they made on Metallica. People that have never played a Pinball will buy this game sight unseen. Then you will have your normal sales on top of that.

#552 6 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Maiden is going to crush whatever sales they made on Metallica. People that have never played a Pinball will buy this game sight unseen. Then you will have your normal sales on top of that.

Yep i remember when I heard this aboot Kiss.

#553 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Just Youtube'd my first Iron Maiden song. Brittish Rush?

#554 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Go YouTube rock in rio, and find me a kiss show within the last 30 years that looks like that.

#555 6 years ago
Quoted from dfsays:

Aerosmith AND Iron Maiden get a pin before Pink Floyd. How tragic.

Pink Floyd music is too slow and mello for pinball.

#556 6 years ago

Nobody knows how many they have or haven’t made.. not even you or your friend who says he knows. They made Metallica for 5 years, everyone you know has a Metallica.. Maiden is going to crush whatever sales they made on Metallica. People that have never played a Pinball will buy this game sight unseen. Then you will have your normal sales on top of that.

Who is my friend? I can guarantee you that Iron Maiden will not sell 15K pins lol.

#557 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Who is my friend? I can guarantee you that Iron Maiden will not sell 15K pins lol.

The point is, what everyone is saying “stern is dumb, and this will impact sales” is wrong.. it will sell a ton regardless.

#558 6 years ago
Quoted from dfsays:

I love Floyd as much as the next guy but they don’t make me think pinball when I listen.

Zeppelin would probably work.

#559 6 years ago

The point is, what everyone is saying “stern is dumb, and this will impact sales” is wrong.. it will sell a ton regardless.

If the artwork is the new artwork and not the old 80’s artwork it will indeed affect sales numbers. Also if the song list is a mix if new and old which i am assuming thats what its going to be, that will impact sales as well. The people that are excited about this game the most are old rockers like me and we want the old Maiden stuff.

If its not the old Maiden stuff im out i can tell you right now unless somehow this pin is so amazing in design that i just cant pass it up. Even if I don’t buy it though and even if i hate it, i hope it sells well because i want Stern to be successful and keep making games for us. Its just a bummer when they blow a great opportunity like this, and it seems to be happening alot here lately.

#560 6 years ago

I don’t see Maiden out selling Metallic. Nope. Tough theme for a newbie to buy sight unseen. Don’t think so.

#561 6 years ago
Quoted from fishmanrob:

I don’t see Maiden out selling Metallic. Nope. Tough theme for a newbie to buy sight unseen. Don’t think so.

You’re missing the point, Maiden fans will buy it because it’s maiden.. even if they’ve never played a Pinball before. Still, my original point was everyone focusing on how the “poor marketing” will impact sales. It won’t.

I don’t think it will do better than Metallica in the US, but overall I predict it will do better.

#562 6 years ago
Quoted from fishmanrob:

Depends on how it plays. There are tons of people who don't really like Metallica (the band) but love the game because of how it plays.

#563 6 years ago
Quoted from fishmanrob:

Lots and lots of pin people own a Metallica pin who aren’t into Metallica.

You read it on here all the time.

People buy it because it’s a cool game.

Same with Iron Maiden. If KME knocks it out of the park and it’s a killer game, people will buy it regardless if they like Maiden or not.

rd

#564 6 years ago

You’re missing the point, Maiden fans will buy it because it’s maiden.. even if they’ve never played a Pinball before. Still, my original point was everyone focusing on how the “poor marketing” will impact sales. It won’t.
I don’t think it will do better than Metallica in the US, but overall I predict it will do better.

So you think theres going to be a bunch of Iron Maiden fans that have never played pinball before buying a 6-8K pinball machine right? You are dreaming if you really believe that lol.

#565 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So you think theres going to be a bunch of Iron Maiden fans that have never played pinball before buying a 6-8K pinball machine right? You are dreaming if you really believe that lol.

I absolutely believe that.

#566 6 years ago
Quoted from dfsays:

65 year olds is a fading market, bud. Probably not gonna be a Chubby Checker pin either.

#567 6 years ago

Dunno if it will - pins aren’t selling overseas like they used to, because they’re so f**king expensive.

And there may be 300,000 at Rock in Rio in Brazil, but how many of those people have got a spare $8,000 USD to buy a Stern Pro pinball?

They’ll sell plenty in Australia, that’s for sure. Those bogans sure like their hard rock.

rd

#568 6 years ago

So when are they actually revealing the game. Despite the bad marketing on sat, i am still looking forward to seeing new pinball. Really hoping this is archer layout as that looks fun and i like games with more flipper, ball interaction is good.

#569 6 years ago

Pinside keyword count:

iron maiden 4413
jaws 3064
elvira 1624
munsters 949
harry potter 930
toy story 300

You guys willed a game into existence!

#570 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

So when are they actually revealing the game. Despite the bad marketing on sat, i am still looking forward to seeing new pinball. Really hoping this is archer layout as that looks fun and i like games with more flipper, ball interaction is good.

Anticipated Tuesday Morning as per cointaker Facebook page.

#571 6 years ago

Im not trying to argue with you for real, but there is no way in hell that Iron Maiden is going to outsell MET, and this is coming from a guy that likes Maiden far more than Metallica. MET is a killer John Borg design coded by Lyman Sheats and it is one of the greatest pinball machines that has ever been made.

#572 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im not trying to argue with you for real, but there is no way in hell that Iron Maiden is going to outsell MET, and this is coming from a guy that likes Maiden far more than Metallica. MET is a killer John Borg design coded by Lyman Sheats and it is one of the greatest pinball machines that has ever been made.

Time will tell. Metallica has more going for it than just theme, that’s for sure. But I think there are a lot more Maiden fans than Metallica fans worldwide, and with the new platform, the material to draw from, the design team involved, and the growth of Pinball in general, I still think this will do better than Met.

Either way, I’m excited that Pinball is growing and new awesome themes are being released all the time.

#573 6 years ago
Quoted from dfsays:

Aerosmith got a pin????

#574 6 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Aerosmith got a pin????

Now Black Sabbath needs a pin

“Sharon “!!!!!

#575 6 years ago

A.) Everyone knew Iron Maiden was the next game.. everyone, it was the worst kept secret in Pinball. George Gomez talked about “Titanium Man” at TPF.
B.) Who gives a shit about the quality of the stupid teaser? It will be watched for like 3 days.
C.). Rules by Keith Elwin will give people a tough game, for all of you cheaters that have your games on 5 ball, infinite extra balls, 5 degree incline, and bitch about no wizard mode in the code yet.
D.). Maiden is awesome. Even if you hate them it’s impossible to not be entertained at their shows. There is lots of cool material to use with their stage show.
E.). A reveal will be coming soon, and plenty of you will find stuff wrong with it even though you likely don’t have the money or won’t buy one anyway.
F.) stern could literally put out the guardians playfield again, and write Iron Maiden in Marker on the side and they will sell 15k games, so anything that you say matters to their sales. Won’t..
G.). If stern asked you to come announce their game on live stream, you would do it despite what you say and you would sound like a complete asshat doing it. At least many of us enjoy jack danger and appreciate what he is doing for Pinball.

I also can't believe some of the over the top pretentiousness of some of these people bitching about a announcement of a game they most likely will not purchase anyhow, seriously stfu and let others enjoy this title that we wanted Stern to build. I for one didn't waste any of my time on Saturday waiting for the inevitable. Up the irons!!!

#576 6 years ago

Time will tell. Metallica has more going for it than just theme, that’s for sure. But I think there are a lot more Maiden fans than Metallica fans worldwide, and with the new platform, the material to draw from, the design team involved, and the growth of Pinball in general, I still think this will do better than Met.
Either way, I’m excited that Pinball is growing and new awesome themes are being released all the time.

Iron Maiden will be a good game, i have no doubt about that. MET is just an amazing game though. I overlooked MET because i just wasnt a huge fan of the band and i finally gave it a good solid look when i heard that they were going to stop making it and boy am i glad that i did because i added an amazing game to my collection. Im glad that i came to my senses! They probably have lost me with the new art style and the newer music but im still excited to see the game and i hope its a home run all the way.

#577 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

I for one didn't waste any of my time on Saturday waiting for the inevitable. Up the irons!!!

Its a good thing because you would have been pissed off like everyone else was. It was the biggest joke ive ever seen in my life.

#578 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Its a good thing because you would have been pissed off like everyone else was. It was the biggest joke ive ever seen in my life.

Being “pissed” over a few people announcing that a new pinball machine is coming is a silly reason. They will show it in a few days and the same trolls will be “pissed” about something else.

#579 6 years ago

Being “pissed” over a few people announcing that a new pinball machine is coming is a silly reason. They will show it in a few days and the same trolls will be “pissed” about something else.

Nobody was pissed because of who announced it, they were pissed because the announcement was so lame. They tuned in to the channel and waited for hours and didnt even get to see a pic of the game. Im one of the biggest Stern supporters on this forum but that was lame as hell and complete BS and i was pissed, i wont even lie about it.

#580 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Nobody was pissed because of who announced it, they were pissed because the announcement was so lame. They tuned in to the channel and waited for hours and didnt even get to see a pic of the game. Im one of the biggest Stern supporters on this forum but that was lame as hell and complete BS and i was pissed, i wont even lie about it.

Still a silly reason to be pissed, we are getting a new game.. we knew it was Maiden. Wait until Tuesday for more details and move on.

#581 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im one of the biggest Stern supporters on this forum but that was lame as hell and complete BS and i was pissed, i wont even lie about it.

Admittng you have a problem is the first step

#582 6 years ago

More than half of people complaining on this thread will still buy Iron Maiden, so what does that tell Stern?

#583 6 years ago

Maiden has sold 90 million records worldwide to Metallica's 125 mil. I'm not saying Metallica is better, but they are more popular. Both are globally well known.

#584 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Probably not gonna be a Chubby Checker pin either.

Come On Babyyyyy...............

#585 6 years ago
Quoted from nikpinball:

Maiden has sold 90 million records worldwide to Metallica's 125 mil. I'm not saying Metallica is better, but they are more popular. Both are globally well known.

That’s only because everyone was afraid they were going to get busted for only having downloaded copies of Metallica’s music

#586 6 years ago
Quoted from nikpinball:

At this point Maiden fans are a lot more into Maiden than most Metallica fans are into Met. I mean, people remember that song from the sellout, er, “black” album, and say “hell ya Metallica” then go back to watching football, but Maiden fans know all the words.

Strangely, a lot more pot at a Maiden show too. I always wonder how Dickenson could pass his drug test to be a commercial pilot with all the smoke in the air night after night.

Anyway, I hope Stern doesn’t mess this up (auspicious start with the none-reveal at TPF and now this debacle last night).

#587 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Admittng you have a problem is the first step

I’ll get over it so no big deal. They just wasted my time and im on the graveyard shift this week and grouchy. Gotta find someone to go off on when im on 3rd shift, may as well be Stern!

#588 6 years ago

Here's how popular IM is. The members of GNR, ACDC, Metallica, Aerosmith, and KISS will all probably buy this pin.

#589 6 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Here's how popular IM is. The members of GNR, ACDC, Metallica, Aerosmith, and KISS will all probably buy this pin.

They will probably be the only ones that can afford to after another price hike!

#590 6 years ago

Man I couldn't buy Iron Maiden if I didn't like the band, u guys are "good people" I had to sell my Met Pre because I couldn't get past "Fuel" "Enter Sandman" and Metallica post Justice in general then again I'm a well known jackass, and very proud. does that mean if they made a Justin Beiber pin and it was fun to play you guys might buy it?

#591 6 years ago

Not another rock themed Stern... Ugh. Nice one Gary, still clinging on to doing them. Imagine if they went a little different and did a Beastie Boys, classic rap theme, now that could be fun. Oh well another new Stern to not have blow money on at least..

#592 6 years ago

My metal band can beat up your metal band...

As for a Justin Bieber pin...if his face is on all the targets, I might actually play that one...

#593 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Man I couldn't buy Iron Maiden if I didn't like the band, u guys are "good people" I had to sell my Met Pre because I couldn't get past "Fuel" "Enter Sandman" and Metallica post Justice in general then again I'm a well known jackass, and very proud. does that mean if they made a Justin Beiber pin and it was fun to play you guys might buy it?

The Metallica pin is so good that you could probably take it and retheme it to a Justin Beiber game and it might sell......not really but you know what im getting at. MET is so good that i think alot of people overlook the theme and buy it anyways. Im just so so on Metallica as a band but man i love this pin. I dont even pay much attention to the music when im playing it honestly.

#594 6 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Not another rock themed Stern... Ugh. Nice one Gary, still clinging on to doing them. Imagine if they went a little different and did a Beastie Boys, classic rap theme, now that could be fun. Oh well another new Stern to not have blow money on at least..

A Beasties pin. Now that'd be cool!

#595 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

More than half of people complaining on this thread will still buy Iron Maiden, so what does that tell Stern?

And the other half wern't buying the pin anyway.

#596 6 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

My TNA is a breath of fresh air with it’s amazing dynamic electronic soundtrack. I guess TRON scratches that itch as well.

I think that type of music has a lot of potential for pinball both in terms of suiting it well but also in how dynamic it can be, with subtle differences in the tunes based on what’s happening in the game, even moreso than just different songs for different modes, but more like slightly altered melodies running through the same basic rhythm, etc.

#597 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I listened to a great deal of Metallica growing up and still enjoy their music, but I don't know how to describe it I'm just kind of over them. Like I don't get excited to hear Enter Sandman's opening riff or won't really sit through "One" anymore just to hear that badass solo at the end.

On the other hand IM has everything I look for not just in metal, but music in general. Great technical guitar playing, punishing riffs, speed, and Bruce's voice. I listen to Ozzy's Boneyard on the daily drive to work. IM instantly puts me in a better mood. My 2¢

#598 6 years ago

Watching some video to try and warm to the idea of LotB

Man, just doesn't do it for me

I guess it could still be okay, as long as Eddie, no going Aaaahhhhhh like a girl, WTF is that ?

Still hard to believe my dream theme may be ruined.

Here's hoping all turns out well on Tuesday.

Up the Irons !

#599 6 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

I listened to a great deal of Metallica growing up and still enjoy their music, but I don't know how to describe it I'm just kind of over them. Like I don't get excited to hear Enter Sandman's opening riff or won't really sit through "One" anymore just to hear that badass solo at the end.

On the other hand IM has everything I look for not just in metal, but music in general. Great technical guitar playing, punishing riffs, speed, and Bruce's voice. I listen to Ozzy's Boneyard on the daily drive to work. IM instantly puts me in a better mood. My 2¢

Iron Maiden lost me after PowerSlave but as long as the pin is great and I can change the newer songs which is hopefully a small part of the game I won't have the same distain as I do with metallica they just turned into whiny commercial pop Metal douchebags, I wish Cliff never died cause he wouldn't have stood for any of it, even Jason had to leave the group due to fuckfaceitis. Anyway looking forward to tuesday hopefully its not a major let down. Oh Metallica......................

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_5kf8rkmnrns400wooo4wcwc8o_640 (resized).jpgtumblr_static_tumblr_static_5kf8rkmnrns400wooo4wcwc8o_640 (resized).jpg

#600 6 years ago

Well it sounds like the rumor is for an actual reveal on Tuesday... Stern just says coming soon on Facebook.
Bring on the low res grainy pictures!

E318F9BF-2F28-4191-B626-4E35CDFDC76F (resized).pngE318F9BF-2F28-4191-B626-4E35CDFDC76F (resized).png

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/12?hl=indusguys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.