20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 144.
#6201 5 years ago

I hope they are using warm-white LEDs behind this translite.

With the coloring used here some custom led work could really make this pop!

...that said this is exactly what I pictured the translite to be based on the comic book images. The "parade marshal" Eddie is not my favourite but the execution is certainly nicely done given the source material from the comic book. I'm sure it will look really great in person.

#6202 5 years ago

I personally feel that the Premium looks like it was originally intended to be the LE since it fits the overall theme. Maybe that's why it took so long for approvals. Trying to decide which one should be represented for what. I do understand why the premium got this theme since there will be many more of these out in the wild...

#6203 5 years ago

With the desert-themed Premium they HAVE TO add "To Tame a Land" to the song list so I can get that much closer to my dream Dune-themed pin.

Or at least gimme a Muad'Dib call-out!

#6204 5 years ago
Quoted from trilamb:

With the desert-themed Premium they HAVE TO add "To Tame a Land" to the song list so I can get that much closer to my dream Dune-themed pin.
Or at least gimme a Muad'Dib call-out!

Or a brand new song for a special wizard mode: The Bene Geseritt Song (Fear is the Mind-Killer)

#6205 5 years ago

So far my favorite art package is the pro I love the trooper cabinet artwork. At first sight I did not like the premium but the artwork is starting to grow on me.

#6206 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I was half hoping to love the Premium, half hoping I wouldn't. Wouldn't because I don't really want to spend the money.
I dunno, kinda in between. The yellow t-molding is awful, switch it to black and it's much better, and that's easy, and the art looks good. Just something not entirely grabbing me, and I think it's the whole comic book over album cover vibe in general. Just the nature of the beast, so to speak.
I like it, Zombie Yeti did great work, just nitpicky back of my head not sure feeling about it.
I'm gonna wait until I can see it in person, feeling zero rush about anything.

I generally agree with your sentiments and also feel ripped by the fact that one of my favourite bands has sold out their kick ass image from my youth so they can sell a "kinder, gentler" Eddie art style via comics and action figures. Not sure if they're trying to land a cartoon show as well but it's definitely lame as hell. If they had to go this way then doubling down on the 80's art and keeping it hard-core as hell was the legit option. Not sure what this is about.

In any case, Yeti delivered a fantastic set of art packages and did what he could with the Legacy of the Beast source material. My only real criticism of the Prem package is he used way too much brown. The cabinet art really needs that popping blue sky over the golden brown desert ala Powerslave to provide some contrast to the color scheme. It's not terrible, but could have been so much nicer.

I'm in on an LE, but have reservations about some elements of each of the art packages. Game is fantastic though so no hesitation required at all - just nitpicking a bit.

...Perhaps an Aurich custom BG option in future?

#6207 5 years ago

I am a bit merfed that we as buyers of this game had no way of making a decision on which one to buy if we were considering the LE, as I did. I seriously hope Stern marketing looks at this thread and realizes that selling games sight unseen for these price points is completely unfair. Some here may be millionaires who could care less, but I for one am not even close to being one and feel kinda blindsided overall... I should have had my choice day one of which model to get based upon showing all three art packages when they were "ready/approved". I feel bad as I try to stay positive on here for the most part, but come on. My LE is on a truck now and NOW I can make the decision on which version looks best for what I like?!?

$9000 BLIND BOX ITEMS are NOT cool... This isn't Kidrobot.

#6208 5 years ago

The best combination for me personally would be the pro with the LE backglass. Anyone knows if Stern would sell the LE backglass as a „spare part“ so eventually you can use it for your IMDN Pro?

#6209 5 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

Anyone knows if Stern would sell the LE backglass as a „spare part“ so eventually you can use it for your IMDN Pro?

“SELL you say? I’m listening...”

450C7791-BA90-4B55-B858-916342DAAA22 (resized).jpeg450C7791-BA90-4B55-B858-916342DAAA22 (resized).jpeg

#6210 5 years ago

Looks pretty cool to me but not a fan of the band. Just looks awesome. Art looks pretty cool but yeah, that yellow molding has got to go. That was the first thing that caught my eye when I looked at the pics. It seemed like a lot of people did not like the Christmas colors of the LE so this is a nice contrast. I dig the premium look over the LE all day. I don't get the criticism of too much Egypt. I think that whole Egypt/mummy/pyramid vibe is one of the best parts of the design.

#6211 5 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

So far my favorite art package is the pro I love the trooper cabinet artwork. At first sight I did not like the premium but the artwork is starting to grow on me.

Agreed. I hope it grows on me more.

#6212 5 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

The best combination for me personally would be the pro with the LE backglass. Anyone knows if Stern would sell the LE backglass as a „spare part“ so eventually you can use it for your IMDN Pro?

Quoted from Vino:

“Sell you say? I’m listening...”

No he isn't. They've never sold any LE parts above and beyond the games. If you trash your LE translite somehow, you have to send back the remains to get a new one.

#6213 5 years ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

I am a bit merfed that we as buyers of this game had no way of making a decision on which one to buy if we were considering the LE, as I did. I seriously hope Stern marketing looks at this thread and realizes that selling games sight unseen for these price points is completely unfair. Some here may be millionaires who could care less, but I for one am not even close to being one and feel kinda blindsided overall... I should have had my choice day one of which model to get based upon showing all three art packages when they were "ready/approved". I feel bad as I try to stay positive on here for the most part, but come on. My LE is on a truck now and NOW I can make the decision on which version looks best for what I like?!?
$9000 BLIND BOX ITEMS are NOT cool... This isn't Kidrobot.

At the moment LE owners can still cash in for profit and then get a premium. That is what I would probably do.

#6214 5 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

Stern won't sell the le back glass. Hard enough getting a replacement one for an le owner.

#6215 5 years ago

All three models look fantastic but man that Premium is beautiful!

#6216 5 years ago

Wow, the premium is incredible. Now I really can't wait for mine!

#6217 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

At the moment LE owners can still cash in for profit and then get a premium. That is what I would probably do.

Yeah which may be my plan, though I got so upset over it I may just sell it, bypass the other models and start focusing on the next Spooky release as those guys treat their customers perfecto. I haven't felt this burned in a long time. I truly feel as much as everyone loves this game, that most are not realizing that this was a completely botched deal and this should not be repeated. Trust me, I absolutely love the art on all 3 (Zombie Yeti is one of my favorite illustrators), but when it comes down to it the Egyptian theme is a much bigger sell for me, not the random aviation theme that appeared after the games were already built. The marketing materials saying "battlefield" for the cabinet art... which was not true at all is a big no-no, and the whole not revealing art until they ship?!? I understand it's because of art approvals with the licensee... but in all reality this game should have been DELAYED until all of the art was approved.

The more I think about this, the more I get upset, and I don't know if I've ever really been upset about anything related to pinball.

Stern, I have been praising you and your games for a long time. This time I just don't know what to say...

#6218 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

All three models look fantastic but man that Premium is beautiful!

Agreed. Premium is beautiful.

#6219 5 years ago

I know I'm biased because I love the LE artwork more, just into the varied colors and fighter jets theme... But I have to say, this is the first pin that have such strikingly different art packages that all look good. Once you switch that yellow T molding for black, it actually looks pretty damn cool.

The big winner here is Zombi Yeti. Between him and Dirty Donnie Stern really has some amazing artists working for them and these machines are not just fun from a mechanical amusement machine standpoint, but these are pieces of artwork. So awesome!

#6220 5 years ago

I just ordered the comic books (I believe numbers 1-4 of 5 are out now) to see what this Legacy of the Beast is all about. Haven't read a comic book in 20+ years. haha

#6221 5 years ago

Love the art on all 3. To me it came down to the playfield toys. I just wasn't a fan of functionality of the premium / LE features (the captive ball lock mechs and the staged balls). I had a premium on order and possibly an LE, but decided on a pro after getting in front of an LE. Just my opinion though. All three models are a home run in my eyes. Just a freaking great package all around.

Can't wait for Stern to build a few more pro's and bring this baby home!

Brian

#6222 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Don't like the yellow T-molding?
Buy black or gold.
The stuff is cheap & easy to swap.
Might look good in real life as is.

https://www.t-molding.com/gold-t-molding.html

#6223 5 years ago

Yeah which may be my plan, though I got so upset over it I may just sell it, bypass the other models and start focusing on the next Spooky release as those guys treat their customers perfecto. I haven't felt this burned in a long time. I truly feel as much as everyone loves this game, that most are not realizing that this was a completely botched deal and this should not be repeated. Trust me, I absolutely love the art on all 3 (Zombie Yeti is one of my favorite illustrators), but when it comes down to it the Egyptian theme is a much bigger sell for me, not the random aviation theme that appeared after the games were already built. The marketing materials saying "battlefield" for the cabinet art... which was not true at all is a big no-no, and the whole not revealing art until they ship?!? I understand it's because of art approvals with the licensee... but in all reality this game should have been DELAYED until all of the art was approved.
The more I think about this, the more I get upset, and I don't know if I've ever really been upset about anything related to pinball.
Stern, I have been praising you and your games for a long time. This time I just don't know what to say...

How could you possibly be so upset about this? The LE looks amazing and IMDN is an amazing game. I like the Premium art package the best myself but not everyone does, some people like the LE the best. This is one of the most amazing pinball machines ever made and you are fortunate enough to be able to afford an LE and you are mad. I dont get it.

#6224 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Perhaps an Aurich custom BG option in future?

Nah, not only is Zombie Yeti a far better illustrator than I am, I won't touch anything Stern does that goes into license territory, that's just asking for a polite email saying stop it.

#6225 5 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Way too much "Egypt". Only 1 of their 16 studio albums was based on Egypt. I think the backboard and middle of the playfield is almost too much.
Also - The Trooper - Maiden's most iconic Eddie, it's represented ANYWHERE on the premium.

Can I Play with Sadness?

maiden (resized).jpgmaiden (resized).jpg

#6226 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

How could you possibly be so upset about this? The LE looks amazing and IMDN is an amazing game. I like the Premium art package the best myself but not everyone does, some people like the LE the best. This is one of the most amazing pinball machines ever made and you are fortunate enough to be able to afford an LE and you are mad. I dont get it.

I am mad because we as consumers should have the choice between which model (fully revealed art included) as soon as it goes on sale. The blind box reveal thing was not a good approach... $10 for one of those vs $9000 for one of these is a big difference.

I have been onboard this whole time and have been counting down the days to get the game until today... when I realized full and clear that we should have all seen what all three models look like before buying them. This game should have been delayed until they could show all 3 the day the LE's go on sale.

oh... also.... I can't really afford it. I am an operator and put it on a Credit Card.

#6227 5 years ago

I would like to see this trim on the Premium. Anyone computer savy and has free time?

jones.pngjones.png

#6228 5 years ago

Not revealing the artwork until after everyone ordered is sheer genius on Stern's part.

It's like Elon Musk taking deposits on a 500,000 Tesla 3s, that no one has driven or even seen all the specs for.

Super Plan:

Pump up interest and demand into a frenzy.

Have moles on social media make everyone think they must order NOW or miss out.

Show the best looking model first, people will naturally assume the higher-end models must be even better.

In July, start selling a limited edition numbered Egypt Eddy topper w/flashing eyes for $499

9e4b1d560708335f8d3b1cf1427070fe843d1b38 (resized).jpg9e4b1d560708335f8d3b1cf1427070fe843d1b38 (resized).jpg

#6229 5 years ago

I am mad because we as consumers should have the choice between which model (fully revealed art included) as soon as it goes on sale. The blind box reveal thing was not a good approach... $10 for one of those vs $9000 for one of these is a big difference.
I have been onboard this whole time and have been counting down the days to get the game until today... when I realized full and clear that we should have all seen what all three models look like before buying them. This game should have been delayed until they could show all 3 the day the LE's go on sale.
oh... also.... I can't really afford it. I am an operator and put it on a Credit Card.

It would be nice to see all three models but i dont think they ever reveal all three at once do they? People who buy LE’s arent going to ever drop down to a pro or premier model anyway. Art is a matter of personal taste and some people here are barfing at how the Premium looks. The LE is sharp as hell also and plus you get a real back glass with it amongst other things. Crank up the volume, grab a beer and relax, you have one of the most bad ass pinball machines that has ever been made!

#6230 5 years ago

That translight art is F’n sick!
Can’t wait to get mine!

#6231 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

No he isn't. They've never sold any LE parts above and beyond the games. If you trash your LE translite somehow, you have to send back the remains to get a new one.

Unfortunately Stern did this with SWLE, albeit by mistake(?). Several pinsiders ordered and got the LE side armor for their non-LE models. Not only is SWLE parts availability now diminished for those who actually own an LE, the 'LE exclusiveness' value is diminished further.

Rob

#6232 5 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

Nope not a chance, I once needed a replacement leg for a Stern LE as it had gotten bent in shipping and I had to prove to stern that I owned the LE and that the leg was actually bent..Stern is extremely tight with LE replacement parts.

#6233 5 years ago

One thing is for sure Zombie Yeti is awesome regardless of which model you like!

#6234 5 years ago

Deadpool anyone?

#6235 5 years ago

Not an iron maiden fan at all, but the artwork on the pins is fantastic. I played a pro on location today and man what a great looking machine. I've played it on two different occasions now and I have to say it -- the music is growing on me. At the very least it is awesome pinball music. It's kind of funny, though, as I feel like Iron Maiden fans are the ones most likely to nitpick the art and be disappointed by something. The human animal just doesn't seem wired to be satisfied (read this in a fortune cookie, paraphrasing).

#6236 5 years ago

Would love to buy a Premium translite to swap into my Pro! Anyone know the best way to get one? For me the Pro cab art is my favorite along with the premium translite. LE gets bonus points though since it has a mirrored translite and foil cabinet. All 3 art packages are simply fantastic!

Can any of the Photoshop gurus out there mock up a pic of the Pro with the Premium translite? Thanks!

#6237 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

last artwork comments from me...
Pro= loved it from first sight . 5k with shaker is the best deal of all 3.
LE= Took me some time to start to like it.. Now I am used to it.
Premium= I was shocked to see it.. I was thinking blue. I do like the 3d style Eddie on the side. like all things it will grow on me..
looks like there is something for everyone.. Nice work ZY...

Pro for 5k with shaker? Please contact me and let me know where. I promise i wont reveal source.

#6238 5 years ago

I agree with the majority here - the LE's art package is DEFINITELY the best!

Now, who would like to buy mine first?

#6239 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It would be nice to see all three models but i dont think they ever reveal all three at once do they? People who buy LE’s arent going to ever drop down to a pro or premier model anyway. Art is a matter of personal taste and some people here are barfing at how the Premium looks. The LE is sharp as hell also and plus you get a real back glass with it amongst other things. Crank up the volume, grab a beer and relax, you have one of the most bad ass pinball machines that has ever been made!

It's deceiving to buyers doing it this way plain and simple whether they have done it in the past or not. I trusted them to do something amazing so it's really my fault for pulling the trigger anyways on the game, but still... The LE does not have Battlefield art on the cabinet and it's far too much money for a blind box. That's all I'm saying...

btw - I am by far not a drinker so no beer for me. Also, It's a fun game, but one of the most bad ass ever made?... give it a year and let me know whatcha think. There is for sure a pretty big grip of amazing games that would be hard to beat... and they are packed with heapload of innovations.

The pinball industry is nutsoid. The 2000's has been full of manufacturers doing some crazy/wild/bordeline criminal moves... (heighway, zidware, dutch). I'm getting scared off, and I usually am the one scaring

#6240 5 years ago

Guys is it easy to change out the TRIM? I'm going to have everything Powdercoated a Blue metallic that matches a blue in the side are of the cabinet. Thinking a blue trim that comes close to that. I also cant wait for the Stern Art Blades, I love the Mirrored ones in my SW Prem and AFMR LR.

#6241 5 years ago

not the random aviation theme that appeared after the games were already built. The marketing materials saying "battlefield" for the cabinet art... which was not true at all is a big no-no

I agree with you Deathbath, this reveal was totally bungled. But the LE isn't random aviation themed. It's the Aces High and Tailgunner tracks combined into one work of art. And believe me, I hated that artwork when I saw it. But in person, it is truly mind blowing. Like everyone seems to be saying, you can't lose on any of them; gameplay makes this a winner. But I do understand yer frustration.

#6242 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I agree with you Deathbath, this reveal was totally bungled. But the LE isn't random aviation themed. It's the Aces High and Tailgunner tracks combined into one work of art. And believe me, I hated that artwork when I saw it. But in person, it is truly mind blowing. Like everyone seems to be saying, you can't lose on any of them; gameplay makes this a winner. But I do understand yer frustration.

... and I totally realize I can sell it, and I still probably won't cause I love all pinball... I just don't agree with the way they put us on the spot to decide right away without any art shown on whether or not we wanna actually get "possibly" the best model based on our art preferences, and random luck of picking the right one with tons of cash. We should be able to choose based on imagery which one we like best whether it's limited or not. I own/owned a ton of super limited games, but I knew what I was stepping into at least on each and every one of them except for this one. This just feels like some gambling lottery ticket thing this time around. It's bizarre and I hope they stop following that approach...

#6243 5 years ago

I think it is hilarious that people are angry with Stern for taking their money before showing the art. Really?? It is Stern’s fault for not delivering you what you expected AFTER you gave them your money without seeing the art? What a joke, dude.

YOU are the one that took the chance and spent your money, YOU. If you don’t like the art now... well, you just learned a lesson about money and being a ‘grown-up’.

#6244 5 years ago

I think with the success of this one, we might've just cemented their new reveal process.
Stern needs to understand, this was able to come to fruition because of the world-wide Maiden maniacs (raises hand) who would buy this machine no matter what. This isn't gonna happen with many other titles.

#6245 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Can any of the Photoshop gurus out there mock up a pic of the Pro with the Premium translite? Thanks!

hybrid.jpghybrid.jpg

#6246 5 years ago

That looks awesome.

#6247 5 years ago

Im just happy I have a pro and can enjoy the fantastic game play... Im a simple man

#6248 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Would love to buy a Premium translite to swap into my Pro! Anyone know the best way to get one?

I'm sure many Premium owners will not like Majorette Eddy, and will be glad to trade.

Although I saw Stern will be selling a vault Marching Drum Eddy model too.

That one is tentatively called "Legacy Of The Beat"

4bdfaaa5ed726a4bb8f2d18799d2933d7dde00d1 (resized).jpg4bdfaaa5ed726a4bb8f2d18799d2933d7dde00d1 (resized).jpg

#6249 5 years ago

Now that's hilarious, but I think that translite is b'dass. The premium looks ferckin amazing. Just my opinion. Still lol'd.

#6250 5 years ago
Quoted from dangerwil:

Side art reminds me of the door poster I used to have in the early '80s

Whoa, memory triggered. I had that too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/125 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.