20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 144.
#5951 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I am, too. Those WWE LE turds are not going anywhere with regular discounting, but a blowout would clear them out and Stern and their distributors could forget that mistake.

I'm a wrestling fan, and I wouldn't buy the WWE pin, even if it was discounted.

#5952 5 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

Because its a bad design, a bad representation of WWE, or a Trudeau production?

I mean WWF fans play that enormous piece of crap Royal Rumble, and I'd play Wrestlemania LE before I played another minute of RR. There are levels of terrible, and WWE LE isn't at the bottom.

#5953 5 years ago

If Stern offered me $2K and a free WWE LE, I'd consider storing it in my house somewhere, other than gameroom... Until it sold on the marketplace for $750. I'd assume it would sell that price in around 6 months.. so I'd have some time to give it a shot and see how well it works as a side table on the outside deck.

#5954 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

If Stern offered me $2K and a free WWE LE, I'd consider storing it in my house somewhere, other than gameroom... Until it sold on the marketplace for $750. I'd assume it would sell that price in around 6 months.. so I'd have some time to give it a shot and see how well it works as a side table on the outside deck.

Don’t pull punches, tell us how you really feel about WWE?

#5955 5 years ago

We interviewed someone at stern about working on Iron Maiden for our latest head2head episode which will air in 8 or so hours. And yes. I asked them the question 'where the f**k is the premium artwork'

#5956 5 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

We interviewed someone at stern about working on Iron Maiden for our latest head2head episode which will air in 8 or so hours. And yes. I asked them the question 'where the f**k is the premium artwork'

You can’t just put that out here and then not tell us what they said.

#5957 5 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

I would

#5958 5 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

That's known as a teaser

#5959 5 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

I want you to listen to a 3 hours podcast to find his 5 second answer on what is it

#5960 5 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

I want you to listen to a 3 hours podcast to find his 5 second answer on what is it

I think that juicy news is worth splitting one episode into 2 * 3 hour episodes.

#5961 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Have you actually ever played it?

rd

#5962 5 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

I don’t care that much.

#5963 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

On someone’s podcast interview I heard it was meant to be Hunger Games but negotiations fell through. Would have been a great layout for that and with some good code would have probably been a well regarded game.

#5964 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

On someone’s podcast interview I heard it was meant to be Hunger Games but negotiations fell through. Would have been a great layout for that and with some good code would have probably been a well regarded game.

I dunno. That ring is a TOTAL waste of time, and it takes up a huge amount of the playfield. Take that out, and I'm sure it would have been better as Hunger Games.

#5965 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

I have never played WWE but would love to. Can not be that bad.

It is probably the most hated game.

#5966 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I have never played WWE but would love to. Can not be that bad.
It is probably the most hated game.

It's fun as hell. It's not a typical layout but perfect for the theme. WWF is god-awful compared to it.

#5967 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

It's fun as hell. It's not a typical layout but perfect for the theme. WWF is god-awful compared to it.

In a world where there is only WWE LE and WWF Royal Rumble, WWE LE is the clear winner - by FAR. WWFRR is a TERRIBLE pin that has not aged well at all.

#5968 5 years ago

Yet to try it, have to try new things once in a while . haters will hate, and on this forum most just copy-paste someone elses opinion on a game..

#5969 5 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Yet to try it, have to try new things once in a while . haters will hate, and on this forum most just copy-paste someone elses opinion on a game..

Quoted for the truth.

WWE isn't the best game ever ... but far from the worse.

Personally, wrestling isn't a theme for me ... but if there was a cheap one out there, I'd grab it.

Quite a challenging game.

rd

#5970 5 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

Can Spike/Spike2 be developed on?

Would this pin be a good candidate for someone to use as a custom pin, to rework all of the rules on it? Could that be done with all existing hardware (Spike2?) or would that have to be pulled and replaced with FAST or PROC?

#5971 5 years ago

WWE LE looks cool IMO

I put a deposit down on one but backed out because I remembered Stern doesn't finish games.

Turns out I made a really good choice.

#5972 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Forgive my ignorance and my lack of full enthusiasm for the band, but can Pinball Browser be used to swap songs and graphics on this title?
This game looks amazing, and the Egyptian theme is RIGHT up my alley. I even don't mind the Iron Maiden songs as part of various modes. My problem is I'm not at all an Iron Maiden fan, and the upfront jukebox aspect is a real downer. I don't want to have to pick a song before each game/ball, I don't really like any of them.
Swapping just songs would be weird, because there are logos that would still list the song names. So, can both the songs and the logos representing the songs be swapped out? No idea what to swap to, but just curious if the jukebox part of the game could be edited. The rest of the package looks stellar, and I'm really interested in a Premium.

So, I got to play a Pro a couple different days this week, and I have to say, I don't feel any need to swap songs out any more. I still don't like Maiden songs at all (love metal music, but this isn't really my style) but they are integrated well into the game. Still wish they didn't have the jukebox feature at all, and it just started with a random song instead, but I digress. Once you get into the game, the songs are pretty much background-ish music and don't grate at me the way they would listening on the radio. Combined with the awesome callouts they actually fit well.

So, if there is anyone left that is hedging on this game because they don't like the music, DON'T. I wanted to swap out the songs before I played it, and that is such a distant memory at this point. I'm down for a Premium.

That said, I have also found the first person I'm aware of that doesn't like this game...MY WIFE. She thinks it's boring. She likes almost everything we have, and I was expecting this to be another she at least somewhat enjoyed. Oh well. I guess I can see why...the shots are somewhat narrow (not Alice Cooper narrow) so for a novice player there can be a fair amount of bricking. And there really isn't any cool interactive toy, at least not on the pro. So, if someone needs that to get into a game, I guess I see how this could be viewed as minimal.

Thankfully, I'm not like that. Lots of risk/reward opportunities!

#5973 5 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Ah shit. Now I have to listen to you two clowns giggling and having the time of your lives to get to the “good stuff”.

I prefer pinball podcasts featuring a raving lunatic with a persecution complex who can find the negative in any situation and them dwell on it endlessly for months or years.

#5974 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Ah shit. Now I have to listen to you two clowns giggling and having the time of your lives to get to the “good stuff”.
I prefer pinball podcasts featuring a raving lunatic with a persecution complex who can find the negative in any situation and them dwell on it endless for months or years.

It's Zombie Yeti we interviewed. ***damn he made me laugh a lot. Couldn't get a joke in as he was providing all the laughs.

I couldn't get him to describe the Premium art the first time, but he pretty much said what it would envolve the 2nd time I asked.

Lots of really interesting info in there about the entire process of doing the art for the machine. Some small details on the topper, etc.
Just being edited now, should be live in 30 or so.

#5975 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I prefer pinball podcasts featuring a raving lunatic with a persecution complex who can find the negative in any situation and them dwell on it endlessly for months or years.

#5976 5 years ago

****Ep 43*******

Huge interview with Jeremy Packer AKA Zombie Yeti on Iron Maiden + much more!

Listen here - http://www.head2headpinball.com/2018/05/14/episode-43-zombie-yeti-jeremy-packer-interview-on-iron-maiden

FB_IMG_1526305810521 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1526305810521 (resized).jpg

#5977 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

That's known as a teaser

In this case it was click bait. Absolutely nothing mentioned about when it would be revealed or even anything more than what was on the feature matrix. Starts at about 42 mins.

#5978 5 years ago

Where the F*ck is the Premium Stern!!!! This is the wierdest game release ever. Well, apart from B66 and TWD.

Disclaimer: I don’t really care as I’ve ordered an LE.

#5979 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Where the F*ck is the Premium Stern!!!! This is the wierdest game release ever.

Yah there is some sort of weird games being player here for sure. I would love to know the true back story to this.

#5980 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

Of course. 3 times, 3 different locations and machines. Terrible.

#5981 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Yah there is some sort of weird games being player here for sure. I would love to know the true back story to this.

Stern's marketing department is likely always testing the waters on each pin release.

They probably wanted to trickle each version, Pro being first- get those pre-orders in - then release pics of each edition slowly. That way Pinside doesn't start putting out polls on which art package is better and saying Pro artwork should be on the LE, and vice versa. Just my thoughts

#5982 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

In this case it was click bait. Absolutely nothing mentioned about when it would be revealed or even anything more than what was on the feature matrix. Starts at about 42 mins.

Sorry. Didn't mean for it to come across this way. Lots of good info in there if you have or are getting an Iron Maiden pin and want more of the story behind it.

We stayed up till 1am just to interview ZY last night! We have made $0 and 0cents in 10 months. Enjoy.

#5983 5 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Sorry. Didn't mean for it to come across this way. Lots of good info in there if you have or are getting an Iron Maiden pin and want more of the story behind it.
We stayed up till 1am just to interview ZY last night! We have made $0 and 0cents in 10 months. Enjoy.

It was a good interview, thanks for doing it.

#5984 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

C'mon man - that's cold. Nate's not THAT bad.

#5985 5 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

I’m sure somewhere, somehow, someone recognized Marty’s voice and decided to pony up some cash to buy you a beer too ...or a roo sack.

#5986 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

C'mon man - that's cold. Nate's not THAT bad.

...the rainy dutch weather must be getting to him!

#5987 5 years ago

Four, six, six, the number of the beast. Game arrived today. As I was walking down the driveway when the truck came, I thought to myself that it would be cool if it was #66. Well, not 66, but 466. Opened it up just to make sure that nothing was scratched or broken.
Everything looks good. Looking forward to getting it set up.

IMG_20180514_152637824 (resized).jpgIMG_20180514_152637824 (resized).jpg

#5988 5 years ago

Just got to the office and see #162 is hanging out in its box....maybe tomorrow Ill get to open it.

#5989 5 years ago

Spitfire and captive ball

0514181348 (resized).jpg0514181348 (resized).jpg

0514181349 (resized).jpg0514181349 (resized).jpg

#5990 5 years ago
Quoted from grh450:

Spitfire and captive ball

Love it. Details?

#5991 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Love it. Details?

Spitfire is a cheap snap together model kit from Tower Hobbies,1/72 scale.
Captive ball is from Mezel Mods

#5992 5 years ago

Keith Elwin and the Stern boys streamed some IMDN Pro with tournament tips today. Pretty great:

#5993 5 years ago

In the video Zach says to monitor the Stern facebook page later tonight for good news. Not sure of the question asked in the chat but I'm guessing we know what it was.

#5994 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

In the video Zach says to monitor the Stern facebook page later tonight for good news. Not sure of the question asked in the chat but I'm guessing we know what it was.

That was an old video, and he was talking about LE pics.

#5995 5 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Correct. The video was live on Facebook a few days ago. Published today to YouTube.

#5996 5 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Bummer. Oh well.

#5997 5 years ago

What were the big tournament tips?

#5998 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Iron Maiden (Pro in the pic, but probably all) has a ball trap on the left side that's pretty obvious even if the ball has never dropped there. Hoping they address it.

UPDATE: I checked today and as of now Stern does not have a kit for this ball trap on the Pro, even though the LEs have a piece of plastic that eliminates it installed from the factory. I can make something to match the LE one, but I thought they'd at least offer it for the Pro, too, since they have the same issue with trapped airballs here.

maiden_pro_ball_trap (resized).jpgmaiden_pro_ball_trap (resized).jpg

#5999 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

UPDATE: I checked today and as of now Stern does not have a kit for this ball trap on the Pro, even though the LEs have a piece of plastic that eliminates it installed from the factory. I can make something to match the LE one, but I thought they'd at least offer it for the Pro, too, since they have the same issue with trapped airballs here.

On my game the balls rolls right on by that area.

#6000 5 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

On my game the balls rolls right on by that area.

You have a Pro, right?

Can you take a picture of that area on yours with a ball next to where it's getting stuck on the one here? I wonder what's different. There clearly isn't enough clearance for the ball to roll by on this machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/120 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.