20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 144.
#5851 5 years ago

W

Quoted from trilamb:I just picked up a bunch of Trooper beer

Where do you buy it?

#5852 5 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

W

Where do you buy it?

BevMo! typically carries it.

#5853 5 years ago

IMDN LE#144 has landed! I am pretty excited that the game is sitting here but honestly I can’t see my self opening it for a while, between my brain surgery at the end of February and the siezure meds I’m on, I am almost embarrassed to say that the only pinball related thing I do these days is read Pinside. I just haven’t had the energy or motivation to play my games lately I know better days will come but it’s gunna be a while.
Anyways kudos to Stern for getting this game built & shipped out so quickly.

5D3084B2-3141-4E87-96C5-35206322F44A (resized).jpeg5D3084B2-3141-4E87-96C5-35206322F44A (resized).jpeg

#5854 5 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

Because if the content? Not following. I don’t have my game yet so my only reference is YouTube videos.

Yeah, the extra ball animation just was totally different in style than everything else on the screen. It just didn't match the game at all. They could keep the reference, but just change the animation so it LOOKED like it belonged in the same game.

#5855 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

IMDN LE#144 has landed! I am pretty excited that the game is sitting here but honestly I can’t see my self opening it for a while, between my brain surgery at the end of February and the siezure meds I’m on, I am almost embarrassed to say that the only pinball related thing I do these days is read Pinside. I just haven’t had the energy or motivation to play my games lately I know better days will come but it’s gunna be a while.

Feel better dude...

#5856 5 years ago

What?! I'm gonna drive over the mountains if you don't set that up and show us what you got!

#5857 5 years ago

Concretehardt: I hope you are able to feel better, setup and enjoy that bad-boy very soon.

#5858 5 years ago

Congrats beau hope you get to feelin better brother.

#5859 5 years ago

I can’t imagine the strobing leds helping short term but hope you feel better to open and enjoy it soon.
Christmas eve everyday until then - be well!

#5860 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, the extra ball animation just was totally different in style than everything else on the screen. It just didn't match the game at all. They could keep the reference, but just change the animation so it LOOKED like it belonged in the same game.

Wish they used this with the hand grabbing an extra ball.

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#5861 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Wish they used this with the hand grabbing an extra ball.

Animated, that would be awesome, and would match the graphics already in the game.

#5862 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I like that they got rid of the out-of-place extra ball animation in 0.97. It was completely different tonally and visually than everything else in the game and therefore jarring. I assume the simple "EXTRA BALL" they replaced it with is just a placeholder while they come up with a new animation that actually matches the game.

"Jarring" lol

#5863 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

TGIF Cheers Maiden’s!!

Yep just bought a heap of those but 666 are out of stock damn.

#5864 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Nice to see everybody is enjoying their LE's!

God, I hate flippers. I guess I also hate the dumbasses who support this behavior also.

#5865 5 years ago

I LOVE the extra ball animation. I may not do the update if that goes away.

#5866 5 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

God, I hate flippers. I guess I also hate the dumbasses who this behavior also.

I also hate the haters of the dumbasses who this behavior also again!

#5867 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

What you gain with the update is WAY BETTER than what you lose (likely temporarily).

#5869 5 years ago

Good lord, I hate cell phone editing. All your fortress are belong to me. Lol

#5870 5 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Good lord, I hate cell phone editing. All your fortress are belong to me. Lol

Lol!!!!

#5871 5 years ago

I am pretty excited that the game is sitting here but honestly I can’t see my self opening it for a while, between my brain surgery at the end of February and the siezure meds I’m on

One of my closest friends had three brain surgeries in the past year (he's here on Pinside), and he's recovering nicely (I think they only took the bad chunks out).

May you heal fast and your sex drive double!

Vid

#5872 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

One of my closest friends had three brain surgeries in the past year (he's here on Pinside), and he's recovering nicely (I think they only took the bad chunks out).
May you heal fast and your sex drive double!
Vid

Wow I can’t even imagine! My craniotomy was a brutal surgery to go thru, the thought of going thru 3 brain surgery’s in a year makes my stomach turn!

I joked with my wife that after they removed the tumor from my brain that maybe I would have a super power like bending spoons with my mind or something, I hadn’t thought about double sex drive but I guess that could be consider a super power.

#5873 5 years ago

Wow I can’t even imagine! My craniotomy was a brutal surgery to go thru, the thought of going thru 3 brain surgery’s in a year makes my stomach turn!
I joked with my wife that after they removed the tumor from my brain that maybe I would have a super power like bending spoons with my mind or something, I hadn’t thought about double sex drive but I guess that could be consider a super power.

On-call live catches?

#5874 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

At these prices a vast majority or customers want a quality product without issues.

Like the faultless JJP pins right? "Build Quality" Theres always going to be issues and setting up out the box thats the way it is. I agree it would be nice if every pin shipped from factory without issues but thats never going to happen.

#5875 5 years ago

not even with Met Le have I seen so many scalpers selling the Le Maiden as there are so many Le for sale at an elevated price.. Sorry to the folks who may have wanted one to own just to lose out to the new style of speculators / Or perhaps they know the Pro play is good enough to flip their Le for profit to lower the sting of buying a Pro for so much more than the 45- 4600 price they once were just a few years ago...
Only should be 5k tops for a pro but hey . Everybody these days are just so damn GREEDY....
It's just a game that shoots balls around a confined space and to pay anymore than 6k for one is just Crazy as there is so many 5k and lower priced games you can get that are as fun as IMaiden Imho

#5876 5 years ago

IMDN LE#144 has landed! I am pretty excited that the game is sitting here but honestly I can’t see my self opening it for a while, between my brain surgery at the end of February and the siezure meds I’m on, I am almost embarrassed to say that the only pinball related thing I do these days is read Pinside. I just haven’t had the energy or motivation to play my games lately

That sucks. You should at least have someone help you set it up, so you can see that beauty in you gameroom instead of just a box. Plus if you get a day that you feel better, it's only a flick of the switch away from playing one of the best new games...Iron friggen Mainden! Get better man.

#5877 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I love the extra ball animation too! (it was actually one of my favorite things on the screen) Hopefully the eventual replacement will be just as good.

#5878 5 years ago

Please can someone give me a rundown of the pro to premium differences and if they are making the pin better or worse?

I realize it’s a matter of opinion but I haven’t seen this talked about (I have not read this entire thread if it’s been discussed can tell me a post number that I can go to).

Thanks

#5879 5 years ago

That's a question that only you can answer because only you know what you really like about pinball machines.

Personally, Pro all the way as I am a player. Doubt I'll ever buy a prem/LE again as I just don't find them to be worth it.

Also, the red GI looks stupid IMO.

#5880 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Personally, Pro all the way as I am a player. Doubt I'll ever buy a prem/LE again as I just don't find them to be worth it. Also, the red GI looks stupid IMO.

Just my opinion as another player, but FWIW, I completely disagree.

#5881 5 years ago

For those of you who have played both the Pro and the LE do you find the LE to be more challenging because of having to lock balls for mummy on the left ramp? Or is it easier because of the mode-start scoop?

Do you feel that the LE makes you vary your shots more?

#5882 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Please can someone give me a rundown of the pro to premium differences and if they are making the pin better or worse?
I realize it’s a matter of opinion but I haven’t seen this talked about (I have not read this entire thread if it’s been discussed can tell me a post number that I can go to).
Thanks

Sure
Premium "upgrades"
-Red GI which looks dumb.-not my words. Lol...
-captive Orb instead of a stand-up which makes the orb shot easier which is a negative
-ball lock and lifting captive mech. Cool when it works but also a place for balls to get stuck and give you switch errors. Ball searches are great for when you want to sip your beer though
-lifting ramp and scoop. Makes your mode starts easier and shoots the ball back at your lower flippers as opposed to giving you a shot with the upper. I prefer the setup on the Pro.
- figure upgrades instead of flat plastics and the cool spinning flasher light thingy in the back.

Pro is the way to go on this one imo...

#5883 5 years ago
Quoted from Hi-Fi:

For those of you who have played both the Pro and the LE do you find the LE to be more challenging because of having to lock balls for mummy on the left ramp? Or is it easier because of the mode-start scoop?
Do you feel that the LE makes you vary your shots more?

Yes the lifting ramp makes the mode starts easier, the kickout to the right flipper from the lift ramp is awsome.
Locking the ball on the left ramp is also cool as it ads another shot to the game instead of just hitting the captive ball, so also awsome.
The orb captive ball instead of the target is sweet because of the way the ball bounces off it compared to a stand up target.
After playing the pro 3 different days for 2.5 hours I played the LE and was sold. Ordered a premium because I feel the LE was just more fun to play.

#5884 5 years ago

I wouldn’t put much stock in anyone’s opinion at this point as almost no one has played both the pro and LE. And no one has played the premium.

All you’re gonna get here are pro owners and LE owners wanting to believe their version is superior.

Only time will tell.

#5885 5 years ago
Quoted from trilamb:

I wouldn’t put much stock in anyone’s opinion at this point as almost no one has played both the pro and LE. And no one has played the premium.
All you’re gonna get here are pro owners and LE owners wanting to believe their version is superior.
Only time will tell.

Aren't the LE and Pre the same game except for cosmetic stuff, ie cabinet art, speakers and back glass?

#5886 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Aren't the LE and Pre the same game except for cosmetic stuff, ie cabinet art, speakers and back glass?

Same exact playfield yes, but different speakers, lack of shaker motor, no sideblades, Egyptian artwork will give a slightly different overall experience.

#5887 5 years ago

Maiden is a top 5 band for me and I have no issue with buying a premium, that being said, I changed my order to a pro. I don’t see how the extras are worth it or how they make this game better. The facts are the pro is loaded compared to other Stern games. I’ll remove those flat plastic figures and replace them with the McFarlane/Neca figures which are much better than the LE, throw in a shaker and dress my baby up with a little speaker light magic........Boom!! My Maiden Pro is never leaving, just like my Kiss Pro.

#5888 5 years ago

You also have to consider that the code is early and the LE\PRE features will likely be enriched through code. For example, they could and should, make the under the ramp scoop a physical lock. Hold it there and fire it out at some point at the start of a multiball or as an add-a-ball. I don't know the rules well enough to say where exactly, just that it's possible.

#5889 5 years ago

I went with the PRO and I’m very happy

#5890 5 years ago

The upgrade to Premium just doesn't pencil out. I'm not sure I'm in for anymore of the Egyptian theme than is already incorporated into the art (and I like the Trooper art better). That being said, if the Premium artwork totally kills it, I just might bite the bullet and upgrade to get the (overpriced) extra features because I like this pin so much.

#5891 5 years ago

Some people are happy with the pro?

Some people will be happy with the premium?

Some people are happy with the LE?

Got it

#5892 5 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

not even with Met Le have I seen so many scalpers selling the Le Maiden as there are so many Le for sale at an elevated price.. Sorry to the folks who may have wanted one to own just to lose out to the new style of speculators / Or perhaps they know the Pro play is good enough to flip their Le for profit to lower the sting of buying a Pro for so much more than the 45- 4600 price they once were just a few years ago...
Only should be 5k tops for a pro but hey . Everybody these days are just so damn GREEDY....
It's just a game that shoots balls around a confined space and to pay anymore than 6k for one is just Crazy as there is so many 5k and lower priced games you can get that are as fun as IMaiden Imho

It would have been nice had Stern made 666 LEs like they should have, especially with 300 going overseas right off the top. They still have time to make another LE with 166 more, like they did for AC/DC with two runs of LE, themed differently. Doubt it will happen, though.

#5893 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It would have been nice had Stern made 666 LEs like they should have, especially with 300 going overseas right off the top...

That is really thinking and would have been perfect, but I doubt anyone at Stern in charge of negotiating licenses knows Iron Maiden from Menudo...

#5894 5 years ago

The good thing is, all 3 models are amazing! Im going to buy a Pro and on this particular game here i wont feel like I've got a lesser game at all. This very possibly could be Sterns strongest Pro ever. Im glad its so good because there are alot of people that will buy this game for that reason alone. Some people will not or can not buy a premium or an LE so they just dont buy anything at all alot of times. This game changed all of that. You gotta throw the little guy a bone once in awhile and Stern did just that!

#5895 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

That is really thinking and would have been perfect, but I doubt anyone at Stern in charge of negotiating licenses knows Iron Maiden from Menudo...

Yes, I’m sure NOBODY at Stern knows Iron Maiden... they are so obscure after all.

#5896 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

You also have to consider that the code is early and the LE\PRE features will likely be enriched through code. For example, they could and should, make the under the ramp scoop a physical lock. Hold it there and fire it out at some point at the start of a multiball or as an add-a-ball. I don't know the rules well enough to say where exactly, just that it's possible.

The problem with most LE/Premium features in games is that Stern underutilizes them in code. They don't typically want to make the game experience that much different from the Pro. Things like the Iron Hyde playfield in transformers, the GOT upper playfield, ACDC lower playfield, X-Men pop-ups, etc. just don't get utilized to their full potential and don't have very good rules built around them. Maybe that will change on Maiden but as of now I don't think the extra premium features give you that much extra as far as gameplay enhancements go.

#5897 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Some people are happy with the pro?
Some people will be happy with the premium?
Some people are happy with the LE?
Got it

Go figure eh?

#5898 5 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Yes, I’m sure NOBODY at Stern knows Iron Maiden... they are so obscure after all.

Someone didn't know them well enough to know the significance of obtaining a license to make 666 LE's...

#5899 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Someone didn't know them well enough to know the significance of obtaining a license to make 666 LE's...

I would make another 166 and call them super Le since game is a hit as should sell,needs more features or everything that was in the archer game that has been removed, miss the scope instead of Newton ball on left, shot should go through backglass in center, wasted space

#5900 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Oh didn’t they? You don’t think the band and Stern had conversations about it? Also I couldn’t tell you how many times the same thing was mentioned to them and they responded in posts that I have seen.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 16.00
$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/118?hl=noob-a-tron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.