20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 144.
#5801 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

For the money we pay for cars we should never have to take it to the dealer to get fixed

Do we have to install corner braces on the frame of our new cars? No, lol.

#5802 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Depends. Are you married?

#5803 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

To me, bottom line sales are the biggest indicator of how truly bad the issue is.
And Stern is kicking ass right now
So the sky is falling mantra is way overblown
Not to say it would be nice if we got 100% defect free but that ain’t ever gonna happen in the real world
I’m thrilled with my Stern pins and looking forward to Alice and Potc
It’s all good. Pinball is great. Think positive and don’t sweat the small stuff

while I will agree to not sweat the small stuff and enjoy pinball, there are a few things that your post doesn't address

if stern wasn't one of only 4 active pinball companies (and also making up over 90% of the market share), I would say that their sales figures would be indicative of the QC issues. however, when you've basically got a monopoly on a market segment, this doesn't apply

if every single machine was shipping with catastrophic problems, that would be a "the sky is falling" scenario (and probably one that either right itself rather quickly or watch the company go out of business rather quickly. the problem is that we, as a tight knit community, which probably purchase a good percentage of their overall product offerings have experienced many QC issues and the same issues over and over with multiple machines, meaning that the problems have not been addressed.

heck, I see it on a daily basis where I work that people are not trained properly and make mistakes (mistakes that I have to end up fixing)

stern is no different where a good portion of their labor force is temporary help and their staff size varies on a week by week basis based on their work load. however, this translates to the issues that we are commonly seeing and the lack of QC that should be not only stopping the product from proceeding any further, but actions taken to ensure that it doesn't happen as frequently as it is

let's put it another way:
if I put out a pinball mod and charged you $500 and it arrived broken (but fixable) or scratched up, would you just deal with it or [complain and] send it back?

#5804 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Iceman, if Stern put a fork of a forklift through your cabinet I think you would say "don't worry about" it at this point, lol. Stop getting so defensive when someone questions Stern quality. At these prices a vast majority or customers want a quality product without issues.

And a VAST majority of customers get a quality product without issues. I know that’s hard for you to grasp

And oh by the way, my first Stern Nib, a LotrLE came without a pallet jack hole through the bottom of the cab!

Automated sent me a new one right away

#5805 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

stern is no different where a good portion of their labor force is temporary help and their staff size varies on a week by week basis based on their work load. however, this translates to the issues that we are commonly seeing and the lack of QC that should be not only stopping the product from proceeding any further, but actions taken to ensure that it doesn't happen as frequently as it is
let's put it another way:
if I put out a pinball mod and charged you $500 and it arrived broken (but fixable) or scratched up, would you just deal with it or [complain and] send it back?

See what you wrote above. Stern doesn’t have engineers up and down the line putting these games together

It’s really nuts to believe that Stern doesn’t care about QC and wants to deal with issues non stop

It’s as if some people think Stern is intentionally out to F them

If the QC was that bad nobody would buy their games and their market share would go to 10%

The whole out of control pricing issue will take care of itself sooner than later

#5806 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And oh by the way, my first Stern Nib, a LotrLE came without a pallet jack hole through the bottom of the cab!
Automated sent me a new one right away

Why did you request a new one if it came WITHOUT a hole?

#5807 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

but just how long would a car company or an appliance company last if their QC was as wishy-washy as stern's?

You have obviously not been following telsa rollouts.

#5808 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I was a newbie back then and asked the community should I just live with it and of course I got the send back advice

Automated took it back AFTER I accepted delivery like a dummy

Obviously a fork lift ran it right through the box and into the bottom of the cab

Still, $5200 for a Nib LotrLE was nice. The good old days

#5809 5 years ago

The only Stern QC issues I am concerned with are the preventable ones. Splitting cabinets should have been taken care of by now, apparently they’re not. That’s on Stern for continuing to cut shit as cheap as they can. After all the problems last year with cabinets they should have bulletproofed that mf’er. They didn’t. Shame, as it’s easy and relatively cheap to do it.

On the other hand: a few loose screws, a burned out motor, wiring loose, a bad board...part of the game, baby. All companies have those issues. There are a massive amount of parts in a pinball machine being put in by hand...there’s bound to be something to tweak or fix.

#5810 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I was a newbie back then and asked the community should I just live with it and of course I got the send back advice
Automated took it back AFTER I accepted delivery like a dummy
Obviously a fork lift ran it right through the box and into the bottom of the cab
Still, $5200 for a Nib LotrLE was nice. The good old days

My joke flopped.

#5811 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

My joke flopped.

Yeah a split cab would be tough to deal with.

Like the PFs I’m sure they will get tired of replacing cabs and fix the issue

Didn’t Rotodave get one and glue it back himself?

#5812 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

but just how long would a car company or an appliance company last if their QC was as wishy-washy as stern's?

5 least reliable cars for 2017:

Chevrolet Camaro $47K
Mercedes-Benz GLC $50K
Jaguar F-Pace $54K
Cadillac Escalade $88K
Volvo XC90 $57K

Some of those are expensive cars, from high-end brands, yet they have the most problems.

Luxury comes with a price....

#5813 5 years ago

This is a pic of George Gomez holding the turntable/rotisserie mech, which he calls the most densely packed thing he has ever designed. It is far from cheap and exquisitely engineered. Big picture, Stern is doing great work.

024FC39D-3DF1-4640-B9AE-A9B66CB4B8FF (resized).jpeg024FC39D-3DF1-4640-B9AE-A9B66CB4B8FF (resized).jpeg

#5814 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

This is a pic of George Gomez holding the turntable/rotisserie mech, which he calls the most densely packed thing he has ever designed. It is far from cheap and exquisitely engineered. Big picture, Stern is doing great work.

Absolutely they are. I'm very impressed with just how well the Death Star and Hyperloop toy are made on my Star Wars LE. What's frustrating is seeing Stern design cool games, make cool toys, improve their code support and then see things like cabinet issues giving owners headaches. Cabinet, decal and playfield issues should be the last thing NIB pin owners should have to worry about (regardless of the manufacturer).

#5815 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Can't argue with that. I wish they still silk screened cabinets like Williams did.

JJPs WoZ direct printed cabinets for the ECLE are beautiful. I wish they still did them.

#5816 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

With a big, ugly, half-assed atomic pile on top. Get it right or don't brag about it.

Thank god we have the RIGHT atomic pile available now.

#5817 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

The only Stern QC issues I am concerned with are the preventable ones. Splitting cabinets should have been taken care of by now, apparently they’re not. That’s on Stern for continuing to cut shit as cheap as they can. After all the problems last year with cabinets they should have bulletproofed that mf’er. They didn’t. Shame, as it’s easy and relatively cheap to do it.
On the other hand: a few loose screws, a burned out motor, wiring loose, a bad board...part of the game, baby. All companies have those issues. There are a massive amount of parts in a pinball machine being put in by hand...there’s bound to be something to tweak or fix.

Stern has always been great replacing small stuff that dies right off the bat. A coil or switch or whatever. I just wish they'd raise their base level of quality back up again on their cabinet and playfield wood. Fix those two back to 2008 levels and I'd be relatively happy. We've certainly paid PLENTY in higher prices to cover whatever costs that move would incur.

#5818 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Depends on if you have a Dodge or not.

#5819 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

With a big, ugly, half-assed atomic pile on top. Get it right or don't brag about it.
Thank god we have the RIGHT atomic pile available now.

Funny, I never really think about that. What's underneath is fantastic and I love the TV on top. I need to upgrade that atomic "pile".

#5820 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Well, some do.... http://www.viperclub.org/howto/service-bulletins/pdf/RC_99802.pdf Sorry, just couldn't resist. And believe it or not, it's a really reliable car.

Anyways, saw 56 new post since this morning and got excited the Prem pics were released. Was wrong so had to post one smart ass reply (got to meet quota right?) so I could move on. Back next time it looks like pics were posted..

#5821 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

766C7AEA-E718-48F6-84EF-4F4A40C82053 (resized).jpeg766C7AEA-E718-48F6-84EF-4F4A40C82053 (resized).jpeg

#5822 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

This is a pic of George Gomez holding the turntable/rotisserie mech, which he calls the most densely packed thing he has ever designed.

Too bad JJP can't hire him to do the POTC spinning discs.

#5823 5 years ago

With all this thread action today I figured pics of the premium were released. Always next week I guess.

#5824 5 years ago

My LE is in..

#5825 5 years ago

Let's see it!

#5826 5 years ago

Nice to see everybody is enjoying their LE's!

Screen Shot 2018-05-11 at 3.09.25 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-05-11 at 3.09.25 PM (resized).png

#5827 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

‘We’ don’t have to do it either. Just because some people are over cautious doesn’t mean everyone is. I have never had a problem and I don’t put braces on my cabinets, there is no need to.

#5828 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Like the PFs I’m sure they will get tired of replacing cabs and fix the issue

He sure did.

#5829 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Let's see it!

As soon as i pick it up.

#5830 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Nice to see everybody is enjoying their LE's!

Freaking ridiculous..... guess they realized the pro is almost the same for a fraction of the cost...

#5831 5 years ago

The foil decals are pretty slick! Neat sheen to them in the right light

5EB9159B-0433-49DE-9979-D15D59B78336 (resized).jpeg5EB9159B-0433-49DE-9979-D15D59B78336 (resized).jpeg

#5832 5 years ago

Someone likes old Ballys. Just tilted after new code. I got the Fathom call out Death dive, ha ha ha.

#5833 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I don't understand why it's the norm to expect every single other consumer item that you can purchase to work right out of the box,

Because every other consumer item is made in volumes of millions by robots.

#5834 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yep - sure did. First the right side went BANG! and cracked ... then the next week, the left side went.

Bit hard to send one back to Chicago for repair, so I glued it up and screwed it, like it should be screwed in the first place.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/176#post-4244323

rd

#5835 5 years ago

E01A72D2-1FB7-476F-8D35-7E642AF6417B (resized).jpegE01A72D2-1FB7-476F-8D35-7E642AF6417B (resized).jpeg

#5836 5 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

Haha, look at this ugly mofo gryszowka!

He also needs a housekeeper.

#5837 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

He also needs a housekeeper.

Looks about right to me, use all those other useless gameroom objects as work and storage surfaces for pinball ...

#5838 5 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

Haha, look at this ugly mofo gryszowka!

Well, at least there’s no visible armpit hair.

#5839 5 years ago

TGIF Cheers Maiden’s!!

76910D52-631E-4982-9204-09185E6DDB39.jpeg76910D52-631E-4982-9204-09185E6DDB39.jpeg

#5840 5 years ago

New blades and code..installed

0511181554 (resized).jpg0511181554 (resized).jpg

0511181554a (resized).jpg0511181554a (resized).jpg

0511181554b (resized).jpg0511181554b (resized).jpg

#5841 5 years ago

Trooper Beer time

B5C52FF9-FD5B-44D2-91B5-C12E9E0CEFA1 (resized).jpegB5C52FF9-FD5B-44D2-91B5-C12E9E0CEFA1 (resized).jpeg

#5842 5 years ago

I like that they got rid of the out-of-place extra ball animation in 0.97. It was completely different tonally and visually than everything else in the game and therefore jarring. I assume the simple "EXTRA BALL" they replaced it with is just a placeholder while they come up with a new animation that actually matches the game.

#5843 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I like that they got rid of the out-of-place extra ball animation in 0.97. It was completely different tonally and visually than everything else in the game and therefore jarring. I assume the simple "EXTRA BALL" they replaced it with is just a placeholder while they come up with a new animation that actually matches the game.

Wow, I hadn't heard that. Color me disappointed... that was basically the old Metal Hammer cover .gif with a bit more animation. I thought it was cool. Maiden should be a bit dark and I hope they don't take out the edgy stuff. Hope they have something cool planned.

http://coverjunkie.com/uploads/1440364778.gif

#5844 5 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

Maiden should be a bit dark and I hope they don't take out the edgy stuff. Hope they have something cool planned

If they were going to change it with something else why would they implement something generic for the time being? Dosent seem logical. You’d just leave it in until you got whatever else done.. even if that was polishing it better.

#5845 5 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

Wow, I hadn't heard that. Color me disappointed... that was basically the old Metal Hammer cover .gif with a bit more animation. I thought it was cool. Maiden should be a bit dark and I hope they don't take out the edgy stuff. Hope they have something cool planned.
http://coverjunkie.com/uploads/1440364778.gif

They could still do it, but bring it back in an animation style that matches the rest of the game. What was there before didn't, at all.

#5846 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They could still do it, but bring it back in an animation style that matches the rest of the game. What was there before didn't, at all.

Because if the content? Not following. I don’t have my game yet so my only reference is YouTube videos.

#5847 5 years ago

Premium on order for myself.
Just like y’all, this distributor is giddy with excitement and looking forward to the pics too.

Picked these up last night. Saving these until I unbox mine.

3D5A7EC1-6AC8-4907-977B-D65A0D2D91C5 (resized).jpeg3D5A7EC1-6AC8-4907-977B-D65A0D2D91C5 (resized).jpeg

#5848 5 years ago

I just picked up a bunch of Trooper beer too (to console myself for Stern not showing the damn Premium this week gah!)

#5849 5 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Premium on order for myself.
Just like y’all, this distributor is giddy with excitement and looking forward to the pics too.
Picked these up last night. Saving these until I unbox mine.

Good luck “saving” them for the unboxing. I’m already on my second batch waiting for my LE to arrive.

#5850 5 years ago
Quoted from trilamb:

I just picked up a bunch of Trooper beer too

I just threw up a bunch of Trooper beer ( a few months ago, actually).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.50
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Wanted
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/117 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.