20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 144.
#5701 5 years ago
Quoted from dangerwil:

Just checked our pro on location. About 500 plays. Cabinet looks fine, no cracking. Game is holding up well.

overtightening and a lot of body english are what is causing the cabinet separation (especially with that wood joint that stern is using

if you look at the sh!tty brackets that stern installs, all of the force is put on the triangle spacer inside the cabinet. if the legs are overtightened, the triangle is compressed and forces the sides of the cabinet apart. if people apply too much forcing (nudging, shoving, etc...) force is applied to either the front or the side of the cabinet.

those larger b/w brackets hold the cabinet together using the screws to secure the sides (and corner) by pulling them together

#5702 5 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Has anyone here tried installing the protector from playfield-protectors.com? If so, how hard was the strip down?
I'm debating throwing one on immediately when mine arrives, but I kind of feel like I'll spoil the NIB experience by adding a bunch of work...
https://www.playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/ugLj-ajIH0q4qOWs_LvVxQ

I installed one on mine as soon as I took it out of the box and verified it would feed a ball. It's about a 5 hour process to do it right.

It's not a super tough job just tiedeous. Take lots of photos of everything you remove and clean up any sawdust from screw removal and the factory wax before you install the protector.

#5703 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

What’s crazy is that I Bought my DI from DTS and sold it for the same reasons he listed above. I would love it if Jack re themed the game as the layout is awesome IMHO.

Never bought one for the same reasons. The game has no soul.

#5704 5 years ago

ok, My LE was just dropped off and after speaking with the owner/distributor in person and receiving/inspecting the machine, I have to say I am satisfied. The game is beautiful and besides for some dust appears to be mint. I won't get a chance to play until the weekend as I have to fly out of town until Friday evening. He was nice enough to push up the delivery to this afternoon while I was actually home.

Appears there was an assumption the white glove setup service and disposal of packaging for local customers was something above and beyond and wanted. I unfortunately did NOT fall into that category! I am an anal collector that likes to open, inspect, assemble and not throw away a single piece of tape or staple... I know I have issues... You should see my attic with all the boxes. LoL

I do have to say he went well above and beyond to try and make this right. The game was delivered, opened in front of me and he went the extra mile to set it up and level.

The game was previously opened, inspected, restrapped and reboxed. I don't even want to go there...

So moral of the story is if you are using a new distributor, are an anal collector/player and want your game to arrive unopened NIB. Don't assume it will come that way. You better state what you may think is the obvious to save you and the disty MUCH stress.

Lessons learned and all is well. Can't wait to get back to play!!!!!

#5705 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

I am an anal collector

what do you do with the rest of the bodies

#5706 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

ok, My LE was just dropped off and after speaking with the owner/distributor in person and receiving/inspecting the machine, I have to say I am satisfied. The game is beautiful and besides for some dust appears to be mint. I won't get a chance to play until the weekend as I have to fly out of town until Friday evening. He was nice enough to push up the delivery to this afternoon while I was actually home.
Appears there was an assumption the white glove setup service and disposal of packaging for local customers was something above and beyond and wanted. I unfortunately did NOT fall into that category! I am an anal collector that likes to open, inspect, assemble and not throw away a single piece of tape or staple... I know I have issues... You should see my attic with all the boxes. LoL
I do have to say he went well above and beyond to try and make this right. The game was delivered, opened in front of me and he went the extra mile to set it up and level.
The game was previously opened, inspected, restrapped and reboxed. I don't even want to go there...
So moral of the story is if you are using a new distributor, are an anal collector/player and want your game to arrive unopened NIB. Don't assume it will come that way. You better state what you may think is the obvious to save you and the disty MUCH stress.

Congrats on your INB Maiden!
Glad it worked out in the end.

#5707 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Did you see it has airplanes on the side by chance?

#5708 5 years ago
Quoted from trilamb:

LOL I have to sell those extra body parts off on the black market to fund my expensive ever increasing Pinball habit...

This machine cost 2 kidneys... LOLOLOL

#5709 5 years ago

I am an anal collector.

Quoted from trilamb:

Ha! That’s some funny shit!!

#5710 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

LOL I have to sell those extra body parts off on the black market to fund my expensive ever increasing Pinball habit...
This machine cost 2 kidneys... LOLOLOL

How much for a Liver LE?

#5711 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

I don't see the big deal here. Sounds like the dealer opened it and checked for any cosmetic issues that would warrant a return to Stern, saving both you and him potential hassles at a later time. I'd be happy with the dealer if that was my pin. But, I'm not an anal collector.

#5712 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

So, after they opened it and set it up, you were not happy (That, I can understand), then they puts it back in the box and say its new and your not happy (which I also understand), but when he delivers it personally and explains you are happy BUT then you are happy to let him unbox it and set it up for you again (don't understand that bit at all).

#5714 5 years ago

Got mine home today.
Did the pop bumper Eddie mod before I even turned it on. Perfect fit.
And REALLY Stern? See the LE machine emblem and Cert #.
This Maiden superfan is SUPER happy!!

20180509_144602 (resized).jpg20180509_144602 (resized).jpg

20180509_152112 (resized).jpg20180509_152112 (resized).jpg

20180509_150614 (resized).jpg20180509_150614 (resized).jpg

20180509_153500 (resized).jpg20180509_153500 (resized).jpg

20180509_153519 (resized).jpg20180509_153519 (resized).jpg

20180509_143647 (resized).jpg20180509_143647 (resized).jpg

#5715 5 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

So, after they opened it and set it up, you were not happy (That, I can understand), then they puts it back in the box and say its new and your not happy (which I also understand), but when he delivers it personally and explains you are happy BUT then you are happy to let him unbox it and set it up for you again (don't understand that bit at all).

Actually, No... Long story short, What happened was I received an email saying they recieved their machines from Stern and were scheduling deliveries. Mine was set for possibly Thursday. I replied asking if they could bump it up due to my traveling.

I got a call (communication was EXCELLENT) and during that discussion I was told the machine was opened for inspection and testing. Also so it could fit in a van better... I immediately asked why and if they had the packaging... After going back and forth they clearly knew I was disappointed it was opened for this testing. I wanted it NIB, and at least all the packaging. The disty went above and involved Stern to inspect and rebox... All this transpired in an hour and a half.

The machine has never been at my property before today. I think it set the distys mind at ease by setting it up everything was ok on both ends while both parties were present. I have NEVER had the intention of flipping this machine for a profit. I don't have the time or need that headache...

Again it all has ended well in my mind with the exception of me not being able to play until Friday night when I get home. I do believe after having an in person conversation it was done without questionable motivations. Like I said, lessons learned on both sides. I won't order another game without getting it in writing it will be delivered "UNOPENED in original factory sealed box".

#5716 5 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Got mine home today.

Can one of the modders out there make the plastic so that pro owners can mount an Eddie as in the photo?

#5717 5 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Got mine home today.

Nice !

Great photos, Thanks for sharing
Yes the Piece of Mind Eddie is a level up. Very nice
Pity they messed the COA, I'm sure it will be corrected for you.

Enjoy that stunning machine

#5718 5 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Got mine home today.

Your game is stamped #485, but you COA on the translite is #486 ? I would get that fixed...

#5719 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Pity they messed the COA, I'm sure it will be corrected for you.

We actually have #486 in stock [what are the chances?] and someone local has bought it. So HOPEFULLY, they have mine and I have theirs and we can switcheroo. If not, I'm sure they can send me a corrected one.

#5720 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

But if they had left it NIB, you could list it on Pinside for $15k, like this guy, and get 55 downvotes (so far)...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-iron-maiden-legacy-of-the-beast-premiumle#post-4387520

That's a screamin' deal compared to the other guy on Pinside that wants $15,900 (Firm).

Our own jgentry also has a listing in response for only $50,000: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/63968

#5721 5 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

We actually have #486 in stock [what are the chances?] and someone local has bought it. So HOPEFULLY, they have mine and I have theirs and we can switcheroo. If not, I'm sure they can send me a corrected one.

. bet they have #487 worse case Stern can probably provide you another signed certificate with #485 / 500.

#5722 5 years ago

Dgoett....super effin stoked for you brother!!! If anybody deserves this LE, it's you man.
We gotta have a meet up when LotB tour hits the States. If they don't do St. Louie, I'll see ya in Chicago...or both. Serious bub!
CHEERS BABY AND UP THE MF IRONS!

#5723 5 years ago

Mine should be here tomorrow or Fri! Losing sleep!

#5724 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Dgoett....super effin stoked for you brother!!! If anybody deserves this LE, it's you man.
We gotta have a meet up when LotB tour hits the States. If they don't do St. Louie, I'll see ya in Chicago...or both. Serious bub!
CHEERS BABY AND UP THE MF IRONS!

Hell yes. They usually skip St. Louis and KC and I have to drive to Chicago. Done that 3 times in the last 15 years.
When you see the cabinet in person, I swear your jaw will drop. It's REALLY sick and the pictures can't capture it.
Up the irons!

#5725 5 years ago

Got the tracking number for my LE today

Can't wait to play this bitch!!!!

#5726 5 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Hell yes. They usually skip St. Louis and KC and I have to drive to Chicago. Done that 3 times in the last 15 years.
When you see the cabinet in person, I swear your jaw will drop. It's REALLY sick and the pictures can't capture it.
Up the irons!

Its more like Tinley Park... As that's where they played the last two times I believe... I saw them at the Riv, Aragon, All State Arena in Rosemont, and twice at the Tinley Park outdoor place.

#5727 5 years ago

Pulled this over from one of the other IMDN threads (thanks Taylor), something to think about... will installing the brackets void the warranty? Sounds like Stern would rather just warranty the Cab.

Quoted from TaylorVA:

Spoke with Stern today about getting the brackets made for SWLE to put on my IMDN. They told me to not modify the cabinet, if it cracks that they will replace it.

#5728 5 years ago

Pulled this over from one of the other IMDN threads (thanks Taylor), something to think about... will installing the brackets void the warranty? Sounds like Stern would rather just warranty the Cab.

On route, I'd put the brackets in. HUO, not gonna do it on mine for the reason above. They can send me a new cab if needed

#5729 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

On route, I'd put the brackets in. HUO, not gonna do it on mine for the reason above. They can send me a new cab if needed

I agree Ice, I have the brackets but I don't want to void my warranty, if I have no issues in a year or so once the game is off warranty I will install the brackets just to help me sleep better at night.

#5730 5 years ago

Well that's just fuckin bullshit and I guaranfuckintee if I have any issues they will get remedied promptly. Not flexin, just sayin. Cause I'm nice.

#5731 5 years ago

Installing brackets anyway. Uncle Gary gotta sit at the Thanksgiving table with me, he ain't gonna Lemmy down.

#5732 5 years ago

So the LEs and Premiums will not have the brackets installed by Stern (unlike Star Wars Le/Prem that had them)?

#5733 5 years ago

I play hard, like to nudge
Have no choice but to install brackets if not fitted from factory.
I would prefer to spend the time and money replacing post sleeves to red or blue
But now find out post sleeves are tapered
Anyone making these in color yet ?

#5734 5 years ago

Of course Stern would rather you spend 8 hours doing a cabinet swap then protecting the cab with proper leg plates to begin with.

Moronic. But not surprising. I'll continue upgrading the leg plates on every machine before it goes on the route. Don't have time for cabinet swap nonsense from Stern's cost-cutting.

#5735 5 years ago

So.... After playing my LE for awhile, I have only 1 complaint. I don't like the red GI bulbs under the plastics. At all.
I'm one of those guys [and a LOT of you, too] that DO NOT like colored bulbs under plastics. It totally washes out the color of the plastic and makes the artwork look like crap. The ones on the slings especially. YUCK.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that RED GI mode is only used during Fear of the Dark? If so, perhaps blue might be a better choice [FOTD album cover is blue]? It might not overpower the colors as bad as red. If Blue fails, I may just put in cool white like the others and deal with FOTD mode lacking a little.

Opinions?

Metallica did a fairly good job of the red/white/blue lighting but I think the plastics were designed with that in mind and I think it looks fine on that game. Maybe it's just the design of the artwork that makes it work - I dunno.

#5736 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

So the LEs and Premiums will not have the brackets installed by Stern (unlike Star Wars Le/Prem that had them)?

Pretty sure that largesse had stopped by the time GotG Prem/LE was released. Crappy wood and crappy leg plates with Star Wars LE/Prem as an island of rational cabinet construction.

#5737 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Well that's just fuckin bullshit and I guaranfuckintee if I have any issues they will get remedied promptly. Not flexin, just sayin. Cause I'm nice.

Flex MoFO Flex..

#5739 5 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

So.... After playing my LE for awhile, I have only 1 complaint. I don't like the red GI bulbs under the plastics. At all.
I'm one of those guys [and a LOT of you, too] that DO NOT like colored bulbs under plastics. It totally washes out the color of the plastic and makes the artwork look like crap. The ones on the slings especially. YUCK.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that RED GI mode is only used during Fear of the Dark? If so, perhaps blue might be a better choice [FOTD album cover is blue]? It might not overpower the colors as bad as red. If Blue fails, I may just put in cool white like the others and deal with FOTD mode lacking a little.
Opinions?
Metallica did a fairly good job of the red/white/blue lighting but I think the plastics were designed with that in mind and I think it looks fine on that game. Maybe it's just the design of the artwork that makes it work - I dunno.

I feel the same way the red in the videos seemed to be to much yet I don't mind the lighting in my met prem.

#5740 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Flex MoFO Flex..

Not quite Lou Feriggno style. Like I saId I'm nice.

#5741 5 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Got mine home today.

So side by side I think Maiden and Metallica work well as feels like two different games. Which one do you like more in a one pin collection, etc.

#5742 5 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

So side by side I think Maiden and Metallica work well as feels like two different games. Which one do you like more in a one pin collection, etc.

Come on over and try mine out,(you can actually hear machine in home setting)Sounds KILLER with sub

#5743 5 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Which one do you like more in a one pin collection, etc.

While I love my Metallica and have owned it since release, I think Maiden has a little more to offer and is a little more furious with multiballs with the 4 flippers. Obviously, I just got my LE and only played the pro a handful of times. I think the callouts are better on Maiden, too. And sound quality is hands down better on Maiden due to spike.

It's close and both are great games, but Maiden FTW.

#5744 5 years ago

LE-Owners (I‘ll be one shortly too but have to wait for the ship to cross the f*ing ocean): How’s re metallic look of the decals? Like Kiss LE or (hopefully) even better?

#5745 5 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

LE-Owners (I‘ll be one shortly too but have to wait for the ship to cross the f*ing ocean): How’s re metallic look of the decals? Like Kiss LE or (hopefully) even better?

Just had my LE delivered yesterday, it might be the light in the room, or i dont know where to look, but it is difficult to tell they are metallic decals on the cabinet.. But, otherwise the cabinet and armor look fantastic

#5746 5 years ago

I still click on this thinking that the premium is actually going to be revealed......

#5747 5 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

I still click on this thinking that the premium is actually going to be revealed......

Would be nice wouldn't it? Hell i forgot all about it, not even joking. I guess i gave up on it ir something.

#5748 5 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

I can't tell they are metallic looking... I have not seen Batman SLE, IMVE or Kiss LE for reference.

But the back glass looks INCREDIBLE.

#5749 5 years ago

NEW CODE released today:

V0.97.0 - May 9, 2018
=====================
- Number of the Beast - wizard mode is now complete
- Eddie Cards - after a Number of the Beast mode loss level 1 Eddie cards are un-lit, light all level 1 cards again to re-light Number of the Beast
- Eddie Cards - after a Number of the Beast mode loss level 2 Eddie cards stay lit, light all level 2 cards to re-light Number of the Beast
- Mummy Multiball - added scepter shots for add-a-ball / additional awards during the mode
- Mummy Multiball - sarcophagus lock improvements
- Aces High - added fighter ace super jackpot animation / sounds
- Rime of the Ancient Mariner - better scoop response when shots enter the scoop
- Rime Albatross Hurry Up - added a delay before the timer starts to give a chance at locking in the maximum value
- Flight of Icarus - shortened the length of the intro animation
- Soul Shard - replaced placeholder soul shard animation with new animation / sounds
- Cyborg Multiball - cyborg Eddie card collect - level 2 - changed from 3rd pyramid completion to 5th pyramid completion
- Cyborg Multiball - new intro / background loop / total animations / sounds
- Cyborg Multiball - cyborg jackpot animation updated
- Loop Award - mini loop scores 3x loop value and lights 2x loop
- Loop Jackpot - mini loop boosts loop jackpot value +500K and adds 3 seconds to loop jackpot timer
- Loop Jackpot - loop up post logic changed to only hold up for 2 seconds and then back down, also bring down immediately on mini-loop
- Loop Jackpot - improved big loop detection when a ball is being plunged
- Loop Jackpot - fix a bug when you drain with one loop left to light loop jackpots, it would not light jackpots when the next loop was hit after next ball was served
- Loop Jackpot - fix double loop award when the up post is blocking a big loop and you directly shoot a mini loop back into the post on the opposite side
- Loop Jackpot - score frame loop jackpot value is now visible when loop jackpots are active
- Tomb Award - change tomb award text from wrong: "2X Bonus Multiplier" to correct: "Collect 2X Bonus"
- Match - Iron Maiden themed match animations / sounds added
- RGB Beacon Light Shows - improvements to existing light shows and added additional light shows
- Revive - fixed problem with revive not saving the ball properly during grace periods
- Revive - added a new revive activated animation / sounds
- Sound - volume tweaks for many sounds
- Improved ball detection in top eject
- Ticket Dispenser Coil - enable testing in coil test
- Power Features - updating UI icons art
- Score Frame - better alignment of 'Ball' and 'Credits' text at the top of the screen
- All Modes - do not wait for grace period to expire to show mode totals
- High Score Tables - Obelisk scroll is now aligned with score groups better
- High Score Totals - fixed a bug with soul shard collected amount not getting included in the mode's high score total
- Adjustment Changes:
- 'LOOP VALUE TIMER' default changed from 10 to 5
- 'LOOP JACKPOT TIMER' default changed from 15 to 12
- 'LOOP JACKPOT UP POST LOOPS' default changed from 5 to 3
- '2 MINS/MIDNIGHT BALL SAVE TIME' default changed from 30 to 45
- 'EXTRA BALL/POWER SHOTS COMPLETE' default changed from 2 to 3
- increased all REPLAY defaults by 25M - starting default is now 125M

#5750 5 years ago

Damn...now THAT is a code update !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/115?hl=dahlman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.