20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 144.
#5501 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I'm getting ready to order a pro. First nib, first stern. This is what I can expect ???

No that is not what to expect. Could it happen? Yeah i suppose it could but if you buy a new car the engine could blow up too. Bad cabinets are not the norm and you will get a new cabinet if yours were to be defective.

#5502 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I'm getting ready to order a pro. First nib, first stern. This is what I can expect ???

They make thousands of pinball machines a year. No one else is even remotely close.

I’ve purchased 7 Stern pins Nib and the only issue I’ve ever had was with my BM66 turn table. Fixed right away with great customer service

Don’t worry about it

#5503 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

No, it's not the norm and the reports of splitting cabinets are no where near as high as they were last year. The split Maiden cabinet mentioned here is the first time I've heard about the issue in over 6 months. I would recommend taking the precautions that others have listed here in regards to installing Bally Williams leg plates at the front two corners.

#5504 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Iron Maiden (Pro in the pic, but probably all) has a ball trap on the left side that's pretty obvious even if the ball has never dropped there. Hoping they address it.

Yup. I've had it open several times now. Once with 2 balls stuck there! I'm emailing Chas in the AM.

20180505_163451 (resized).jpg20180505_163451 (resized).jpg

#5505 5 years ago

Has there ever been split cabinet issues with JJP games?

#5506 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

While that is certainly true, a couple bad cabinets should make us ask some questions. These items are expensive. We need to know what to do to help prevent what happened on those two games from happening on our games.
If Stern is aware of what caused the problem on those two games and has addressed it themselves that’s all well and good, but I’ve not seen an indication such is the case.

Thats true but then when you realize how many games a year that they make and only have a handful of bad cabinets, that should eliminate any concerns that you may have pretty much.

#5507 5 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Yup. I've had it open several times now. Once with 2 balls stuck there! I'm emailing Chas in the AM.

I reported it about a week ago. I can't believe they already don't know about it. Hopefully they're not just ignoring it.

#5508 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thats true but then when you realize how many games a year that they make and only have a handful of bad cabinets, that should eliminate any concerns that you may have pretty much.

It's likely more than a handful, but we don't hear about the rest (or ops don't care) because pinside is a relatively small fraction of the pinball sales pool worldwide.

Fortunately with about $30 and an hour or so of sweat equity, you can reinforce a stock Stern cab to substantially reduce the likelihood of ever having to deal with it.

#5509 5 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Tell Chas to send you the clear plastic from the LE and the hardware to mount it. It’s the one that “piece of mind eddie” figure stands on in the LE.

For the record...this is my idea, and not sterns. If they have a better and easier fix than this, then bring it on stern. but it needs to be addressed and resolved...

4EE67D00-627D-4109-A35D-B07FEFD7D8A1 (resized).png4EE67D00-627D-4109-A35D-B07FEFD7D8A1 (resized).png

#5510 5 years ago

Does anyone know where to buy these cabinet reinforcers?

96BF64EA-850F-423B-8A58-500E7FA10511 (resized).jpeg96BF64EA-850F-423B-8A58-500E7FA10511 (resized).jpeg

#5512 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

No, it's not the norm and the reports of splitting cabinets are no where near as high as they were last year. The split Maiden cabinet mentioned here is the first time I've heard about the issue in over 6 months. I would recommend taking the precautions that others have listed here in regards to installing Bally Williams leg plates at the front two corners.

Would this void any kind of warranty?

#5513 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

This may work for a coffee table, but I would use B/W Brackets

s-l400 (resized).jpgs-l400 (resized).jpg

corner (resized).jpgcorner (resized).jpg

#5514 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Just made a nice guide on replacing the crappy Stern leg plates with the much better Bally/Williams ones.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reinforcing-stern-cabinet-legs-step-by-step

#5515 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Just made a nice guide on replacing the crappy Stern leg plates with the much better Bally/Williams ones.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reinforcing-stern-cabinet-legs-step-by-step

Great job, I have everything but the screws. Will order them tonight from Amazon I need some and will replace the one I used. Shaker and Brackets here ebay.com link: Stern Pinball Machine Shaker Motor for Spike Pro Premium Le Plus 4mircofiber

#5516 5 years ago

So I said when I played this game it was like MET and Judge Dredd....listening to the coast to coast podcast with Keith and Judge Dredd was the first game he mentioned when talking about games that inspired him. Very interesting. He also mentions Demo man, TZ as some others that he's heard the game resembles (although he thinks it really doesn't feel like any)...

#5517 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Great job, I have everything but the screws. Will order them tonight from Amazon I need some and will replace the one I used. Shaker and Brackets here ebay.com link

OK I'm gonna give you shit about this, this is why all the mom-and-pop shops in your local area towns are going out of business can't you just go down to the hardware store and buy some screws ?

#5518 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

OK I'm gonna give you shit about this, this is why all the mom-and-pop shops in your local area towns are going out of business can't you just go down to the hardware store and buy some screws ?

So true, but the unfortunate reality is no one gives a sh*t.

#5519 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

While that is certainly true, a couple bad cabinets should make us ask some questions. These items are expensive. We need to know what to do to help prevent what happened on those two games from happening on our games.
If Stern is aware of what caused the problem on those two games and has addressed it themselves that’s all well and good, but I’ve not seen an indication such is the case.

One report (of 2 side by side machines from Allentown), and you're suggesting that Stern owes us an explanation?
Wrong. They owe 2 potential buyers replacement cabinets is all.
I think we owe it to each other to keep an eye out and report cabinet issues. I also think we owe it to each other to keep things in perspective and not blow things out of proportion.

#5520 5 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

One report (of 2 side by side machines from Allentown), and you're suggesting that Stern owes us an explanation?
I think we owe it to each other to keep an eye out and report cabinet issues. I also think we owe it to each other to keep things in perspective and not blow things out of proportion.

There were other reports from a show few weeks ago with some damaged cabs also. Not many have really shipped yet so i hope it was just those 4 or 5 with issues . Guess time will tell if it becomes a little more comnon as more get into the hands of folks.

#5521 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I actually TRIED to do this, but even our two remaining locally-owned Ace hardware stores didn't have the right wood screws with the pan head. Amazon impending domination confirmed.

#5522 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

There were other reports from a show few weeks ago with some damaged cabs also. Not many have really shipped yet so i hope it was just those 4 or 5 with issues . Guess time will tell if it becomes a little more comnon as more get into the hands of folks.

Can you provide a link, please? I see another cab with damage but it's not a new Iron Maiden and it was shipped with legs on, not boxed, new from a distributor.

#5523 5 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I don’t believe I said they owe us an explanation... If they start making better support at the legs (such as using these higher grade brackets), id like to see it from some photos of the newer built games (that would be an indication in my eyes they are dealing with it...and would come from new owners taking pictures to help the rest of us).

Stern doing some announcement over the cabinet is something we all know would never happen.

Anyway, here’s hoping we get the premium pics this week so I can make a decision on premium or pro and get my order in.

#5524 5 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Can you provide a link, please? I see another cab with damage but it's not a new Iron Maiden and it was shipped with legs on, not boxed, new from a distributor.

It was mentioned in this thread somewhere and also some playfields were messed up?

#5525 5 years ago

Rumor is Stern engineers resolved the splitting cab issue already.

They discovered Maiden is so metal, so bad ass, so big in South America, that cabinets require additional reinforcement

#5526 5 years ago

And build it up
and build it up
and build it up
and build it up
and now we're solid. Solid as a rock.

#5527 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

It was mentioned in this thread somewhere and also some playfields were messed up?

I think you see some people making mountains of molehills and then the same stories get parroted over and over..

#5528 5 years ago

Really hope to see the premium this week...

#5529 5 years ago

Fingers crossed kinda solid...

#5530 5 years ago

Just stepped into a pro and couldn’t be happier

#5531 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I think you see some people making mountains of molehills and then the same stories get parroted over and over..

Quoted from bigd1979:

Apparently it was at the mgc show?

#5532 5 years ago

Hardest shot for me so far is hitting the lower left spinner. Although I have leveled anything yet. Just threw on the legs and started wailing away.

#5533 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Apparently it was at the mgc show?

If you're referring to the playfields, yes. I didnt see pictures but do recall someone saying that a couple defective playfields had to be sent back.
That's not cabinet issues.

So again, I'd love to see what you're referring to. Could it be that you were just mistaken? Happens to the best of us.

#5534 5 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

If you're referring to the playfields, yes. I didnt see pictures but do recall someone saying that a couple defective playfields had to be sent back.
That's not cabinet issues.
So again, I'd love to see what you're referring to. Could it be that you were just mistaken? Happens to the best of us.

Something was said about the bottom corners haveing fitment issues and a bunch of filler or something i believe. It was 3-4 weeks ago and not sure where i read it? I dont think its a big deal and no one sld really worry about it imo. Im done talking about it and ready to see the dam premiums lol.

#5535 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I don’t believe I said they owe us an explanation... If they start making better support at the legs (such as using these higher grade brackets), id like to see it from some photos of the newer built games (that would be an indication in my eyes they are dealing with it...and would come from new owners taking pictures to help the rest of us).
Stern doing some announcement over the cabinet is something we all know would never happen.
Anyway, here’s hoping we get the premium pics this week so I can make a decision on premium or pro and get my order in.

Have you checked out the distressed flag flipper mod for sale? I think they look great. Check them out. I too can't wait to see the premium pics and gameplay to see whether to switch from pro to premium... Good days ahead!

#5536 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Hardest shot for me so far is hitting the lower left spinner. Although I have leveled anything yet. Just threw on the legs and started wailing away.

It is a little tricky!

#5537 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

The day mom and pops stores have an app I can order shit from the comfort of my toilet, then deliver said shit to my doorstep same or next day, with full tracking information.. will be the day I'll buy from the mom and pops stores again. Sad reality of it... How many people miss the milk man and Blockbuster video still?

#5538 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

The day mom and pops stores have an app I can order shit from the comfort of my toilet, then deliver said shit to my doorstep same or next day, with full tracking information.. will be the day I'll buy from the mom and pops stores again. Sad reality of it... How many people miss the milk man and Blockbuster video still?

I kinda miss the milkman and those awesome glass milk bottles with the delicious cream seal at the top of the neck when you opened it. He also had great butter, eggs, and ice cream. I'd be thrilled if there were a financial model that worked for that to come back, but it's likely gone forever.

Blockbuster? Nope. Don't miss them at all.

#5539 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Just stepped into a pro and couldn’t be happier

The more I think about this...... it seems like a PRO maybe the model Im going with on this one.

Its a dream theme for me but just not enough extra in the Prem.

I really thought they would add ALL the features of archer.

Lifting L Ramp
Subway
Left VUK
Left drain kick back
R Vari target.

Not just an up, down kickback center ramp, Newton ball, Diverter, color changing beacons, and moving physical lock.

I wait to see if the artwork on the Prem. and playing a LE sway my decision

#5540 5 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Does anyone have any idea where this stool can be purchased.

Someone just put a used one on Ebay, but they want like $150 for it:

www.ebay.com/itm/Iron-Maiden-the-Trooper-Swivel-Bar-Stool-rare-hard-to-find-/323243983699

#5541 5 years ago

Yeah, that’s pretty awesome.
Father’s Day is coming up, so I’ll show this to the wife

#5542 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I miss blockbuster

#5543 5 years ago
Quoted from Speed:

Have you checked out the distressed flag flipper mod for sale? I think they look great. Check them out. I too can't wait to see the premium pics and gameplay to see whether to switch from pro to premium... Good days ahead!

Do you have a link please mate?

#5546 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Someone just put a used one on Ebay, but they want like $150 for it:
ebay.com link: Iron Maiden the Trooper Swivel Bar Stool rare hard to find

Cool thanks for letting me know.

#5547 5 years ago

Some new gameplay footage of Iron Maiden LE:

#5548 5 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Some new gameplay footage of Iron Maiden LE: » YouTube video

Hey I think I know that location

#5549 5 years ago

I've only put a few games on mine. Code seems very multiball heavy and they are really easy to start? The modes seem pretty similar. Seems most have the same inserts lit? Maybe I'm missing something.

#5550 5 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Hey I think I know that location

I like beer

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.50
$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/111 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.