20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 144.
#5451 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Assuming you mean the Battle mode.
Spinner changes the flashing mode until the mode is locked in. Hitting the white arrow(s) locks the flashing mode in. Hitting the pharaoh starts the locked mode.

Just To clarify. It’s the far left spinner. Not the orbit spinner.

#5452 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Just To clarify. It’s the far left spinner. Not the orbit spinner.

Yes, otherwise that would be a disaster.

Edited the original to make that clear.

#5453 5 years ago

I want this as sideart

08death01 (resized).jpg08death01 (resized).jpg

#5454 5 years ago
Quoted from dangerwil:

I want this as sideart

Get crackin'! I want to see it when it's done!

#5455 5 years ago

Just ordered a pro from Gexchange . Thanks JJ, talk about someone who is super responsive and helpful.

The play field layout, artwork, and great code out the door was enough to make me open my wallet NIB for the first time since WOZ.

#5456 5 years ago

I feel like everyone needs to calm down.... it was a photo of 1 cabinet. For all we know it was dropped off a dolly or forklift before the show and they decided to still put it on the floor.... I’ve seen so so many photos of other games and none had an issue.... everyone needs to CHILL. Jeez. What’s up with pinside always giving in to mass hysteria?

#5457 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It looks like the JJP cab is not plywood, it's Medium Density Fiberboard
It appears to have brad nails in it.
It appears to have a lap joint rather than a locking corner joint.

Medium Density Fiberboard is about 40% heavier than plywood, so that makes for a really nice and heavy cab.

Funny, cause this is what my DILE looked like:

1F295913-1771-45E9-AB19-CEA403699EF9 (resized).jpeg1F295913-1771-45E9-AB19-CEA403699EF9 (resized).jpeg

#5458 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Funny, cause this is what my DILE looked like:

That panel is plywood.

Just like 2 different companies made the same playfield in both Birch and Maple for JJP, it's certainly possible that different cabs were made.

What kind of corner joint, Lap or Lock ?

#5459 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

That panel is plywood.
Just like 2 different companies made the same playfield in both Birch and Maple for JJP, it's certainly possible that different cabs were made.
What kind of corner joint, Lap or Lock ?

Can’t say vid - don’t have it anymore - that was a photo from a few months ago I had on my phone. Not sure if Panza’s might have been a “standard” and this is an LE.

#5460 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Medium Density Fiberboard is about 40% heavier than plywood, so that makes for a really nice and heavy cab.

That explains a lot.

For those who don't know, Gottlieb experimented with particle board in the 1950's. They made one game, Wishing Well in 1954.

It was a super heavy game.

For reasons unknown they never made another game with this material.

#5461 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

That explains a lot.
For those who don't know, Gottlieb experimented with particle board in the 1950's. They made one game, Wishing Well in 1954.
It was a super heavy game.
For reasons unknown they never made another game with this material.

Gottlieb also used particle board for some of it's playfields in 1977, there were a few titles, but Big Hit comes to mind.

#5462 5 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

I feel like everyone needs to calm down.... it was a photo of 1 cabinet. For all we know it was dropped off a dolly or forklift before the show and they decided to still put it on the floor.... I’ve seen so so many photos of other games and none had an issue.... everyone needs to CHILL. Jeez. What’s up with pinside always giving in to mass hysteria?

In all fairness to the Doomsday crowd, there were two cabinets that were cracked. The games were side by side, delivered to the same distributor. I spoke with them many times between Thursday and Saturday, and was told that those were the only two cabinet issues they had seen. There were (best guess?) maybe 8 Iron Maiden Pros on demo, and I didn’t see any others with similar issues.

So let’s keep an eye out and report back with any others that might also be cracked, but keep things in check until then.
(Though after reading the last few pages on this thread, that appears to be too late for some people. Meh, whatever. I fell in love in Allentown and can’t wait to get my Iron Maiden pin!)

#5463 5 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

In all fairness to the Doomsday crowd, there were two cabinets that were cracked. The games were side by side, delivered to the same distributor. I spoke with them many times between Thursday and Saturday, and was told that those were the only two cabinet issues they had seen. There were (best guess?) maybe 8 Iron Maiden Pros on demo, and I didn’t see any others with similar issues.
So let’s keep an eye out and report back with any others that might also be cracked, but keep things in check until then.
(Though after reading the last few pages on this thread, that appears to be too late for some people. Meh, whatever. I fell in love in Allentown and can’t wait to get my Iron Maiden pin!)

I agree Chambahz totally. Are you getting a Pro or a Premium?

#5464 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I’ve had every JJP title and bought it NIB, all have been out on route and moved a few times. I don’t recall any cab issues and if I remember correctly, they were all plywood and some even had a laminate on them (WOZ). The only negative I had was on WOZ that laminate came loose in one spot. All the JJPs I’ve owned had a locking miter, not a lap joint.

5EE37C27-8B05-4F2B-9F22-28DA02A1DF4C (resized).jpeg5EE37C27-8B05-4F2B-9F22-28DA02A1DF4C (resized).jpeg
65636DE5-A04C-4942-B345-62D722F83363 (resized).jpeg65636DE5-A04C-4942-B345-62D722F83363 (resized).jpeg

#5465 5 years ago

Are any other LE owners having trouble with ball getting stuck behind the left ramp(behind back panel ) sitting on switch hole? Also ball seems to get trapped in top far right corner on top of corner plastic behind post holding up rt ramp . Any advise greatly appreciated. I will be making the game a little steeper today but I don't think that will be enough to dislodge the ball from either stuck position .

#5466 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Just wanted to post this pic. This is the opposite side of the same piece of wood / joint from the top of the game. It's doesn't look like MDF, I can see the plywood layers. Maybe JJP is using some type of coating on the bottom of their games to give it a finished edge as it's smooth on all 3 of my JJP games. Either way, it doesn't appear to be MDF.

Also wondering why Stern cabinets would be the ones splitting if they are using MDO? If MDO is the best of the best then it doesn't seem like the cabinets should be separating. Also, if MDO is being used by Stern then I don't think wood screws would have difficulty grabbing into the wood when installing the Bally / Williams leg plates.

20180506_101241 (resized).jpg20180506_101241 (resized).jpg

#5467 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just wanted to post this pic. This is the opposite side of the same piece of wood / joint from the top of the game. It's doesn't look like MDF, I can see the plywood layers. Maybe JJP is using some type of coating on the bottom of their games to give it a finished edge as it's smooth on all 3 of my JJP games. Either way, it doesn't appear to be MDF.

Also interesting, they are using a Lap Joint rather than a Lock Joint.

05adb8097672cf858b801133392f7a4eaf9f0945 (resized).jpg05adb8097672cf858b801133392f7a4eaf9f0945 (resized).jpg

#5468 5 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

All the JJPs I’ve owned had a locking miter, not a lap joint.

I had a WOZ and it was plywood and Lock Joints.

But clearly in Panzerfreak's photo, Lap Joints were used on his newer JJP.

#5469 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

But clearly in Panzerfreak's photo, Lap Joints were used on his.

I don’t think that’s a WOZ...it’s blue, so must be a DI.

#5470 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I don’t think that’s a WOZ...it’s blue, so must be a DI.

Obviously.

#5471 5 years ago

It’s also obvious that it’s a more quality cabinet yet you keep arguing.

#5472 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

But clearly in Panzerfreak's photo, Lap Joints were used on his newer JJP.

I agree

#5473 5 years ago

man can't wait until this thread gets back on track! Impressions, pics of the game, etc....

#5474 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

man can't wait until this thread gets back on track! Impressions, pics of the game, etc....

Waiting for the Premium pics! This thread will explode again then.

#5475 5 years ago

For what’s it worth, here are a couple of BM 66 pics. It makes sense to me that overtightening the leg bolts may play a role. I’m going with the Williams brackets this week but no probs on mine.

Quoted from delt31:

Agree, will post some LE pics if needed when it arrives!

D682B3E4-23DE-427C-89C6-1C75BC9EE95D (resized).jpegD682B3E4-23DE-427C-89C6-1C75BC9EE95D (resized).jpeg

FD28F6C7-B7AE-4175-8F20-59380A71009F (resized).jpegFD28F6C7-B7AE-4175-8F20-59380A71009F (resized).jpeg

61AA9BDD-B687-4C64-A8AB-ADA47807DC35 (resized).jpeg61AA9BDD-B687-4C64-A8AB-ADA47807DC35 (resized).jpeg

#5476 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Agreed, 2 bad cabinets does not equal ALL IMDN cabinets are having problems and falling apart.

#5477 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Ok...

Picked up our game Tuesday from Cointaker and finally got it down to the basement yesterday. Added mirror blades(personally I love mirror blades!) and a shaker. Today I'm going to hook up a Polk subwoofer.

Great game... really, really great game IMHO. So many shots to make. The left ramp is NOT hard to hit thru the pops. After about a dozen games I was hitting it at least half the time I was trying.

Our cabinet's corners are perfect. I think the folks who said overtightening may contribute to cracked corners may be on to something? I haven't ever stripped the "cheap" brackets and my corners are all good.

And in taking these pictures I realized I really like Stern games. I used to have a mix of Williams, Sega, and Gottliebs but those don't seem to hold our attention very long here. The deeper rule sets help in a home environment... again IMHO.

20180505_193929 (resized).jpg20180505_193929 (resized).jpg
20180505_194009 (resized).jpg20180505_194009 (resized).jpg
20180505_194024 (resized).jpg20180505_194024 (resized).jpg
20180505_194031 (resized).jpg20180505_194031 (resized).jpg
20180505_194049 (resized).jpg20180505_194049 (resized).jpg
20180505_193941 (resized).jpg20180505_193941 (resized).jpg

#5478 5 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Ok...
Picked up our game Tuesday from Cointaker and finally got it down to the basement yesterday. Added mirror blades(personally I love mirror blades!) and a shaker. Today I'm going to hook up a Polk subwoofer.
Great game... really, really great game IMHO. So many shots to make. The left ramp is NOT hard to hit thru the pops. After about a dozen games I was hitting it at least half the time I was trying.
Our cabinet's corners are perfect. I think the folks who said overtightening may contribute to cracked corners may be on to something? I haven't ever stripped the "cheap" brackets and my corners are all good.
And in taking these pictures I realized I really like Stern games. I used to have a mix of Williams, Sega, and Gottliebs but those don't seem to hold our attention very long here. The deeper rule sets help in a home environment... again IMHO.

Now we're talking. Shaker and mirrors and a pro. Exactly what I plan on doing although the pinblades for this game do look sick I love mirrors. Where did you get the shaker and mirrors?

Also let me know how you compare it to met specifically if you think they play too similar and the differences...

#5479 5 years ago

This corner crap is making me miss armpit-gate.

#5480 5 years ago

Fair enough

7C10D4E0-F9D9-4373-8C21-0E30460639F1 (resized).jpeg7C10D4E0-F9D9-4373-8C21-0E30460639F1 (resized).jpeg

#5481 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

It’s also obvious that it’s a more quality cabinet yet you keep arguing.

Always writing Crap so its time to click on "ignore pimps Crap"

#5482 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

No we're talking. Shaker and mirrors and a pro. Exactly what I plan on doing although the pinblades for this game do look sick I love mirrors. Where did you get the shaker and mirrors?
Also let me know how you compare it to met specifically if you think they play too similar and the differences...

Shaker from Cointaker and mirror blades from... actually I'm not sure. LOL. I picked them up from a vendor at Pinfest. I think it may have been Colsond3's company but I'm not positive.

I've read people think MET and IMDN are similar but honestly, I can't see it. Just played IMDN for about 45 minutes and went to MET and no... not similar at all to me. Maybe the layout looks a little similar but game play? No. Not even close.

As far as Maiden as a music pin... I don't think it really is. I know you can play a bunch of songs but those are just background noise. The call out are where the game is. The two voices Stern chose are perfect. Like as in PER... FECT. You always know what you are shooting at. The music changing for modes is also damn near perfect. The mood shifts with the music and lights. It's really an awesome thing when you are playing in the basement and get to be "into" the game.

#5483 5 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Always writing Crap so its time to click on "ignore pimps Crap"

Please do. Anyone can see and feel the difference in cabinet quality. It shouldn’t even be a discussion. It’s just obvious fact. History of issues prove that. Which one has had more problems? Doesn’t mean they are better or more fun games. That’s a different discussion.

#5484 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Just played the LE at Tilt (first time I've played Maiden). It's pretty awesome! However it was down for maintenance a lot... a couple of games in, the ball got stuck in the Pharoah lock (from the ramp). Later, I saw some other guys get the ball stuck too. Eventually they disabled the physical lock.
That said it still played great and was a ton of fun. I also got my name in 2nd - roughly 270m or so - so if you see my initials when you beat my score, let me know!

I came back to play the LE agian this morning and the owner/operator was fixing it.
It plays great now, he said he replaced a switch or two and had to mess with adjusting the Newton balls.
Got this score when the game was working proper without the pharaohs tomb disabled.
Sorry Fez

DD593AC1-7F78-4A01-B576-2C48BFA3C2CE (resized).jpegDD593AC1-7F78-4A01-B576-2C48BFA3C2CE (resized).jpeg

#5485 5 years ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

Are any other LE owners having trouble with ball getting stuck behind the left ramp(behind back panel ) sitting on switch hole?

Happened in the live stream as well, so I'd say chances are...yes, that is happening to others, too.

#5486 5 years ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

Are any other LE owners having trouble with ball getting stuck behind the left ramp(behind back panel ) sitting on switch hole?

The one at Tilt was doing this as well, owner changed the switch and it works great now. I’m not sure what new switch he used.

#5487 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Happened in the live stream as well, so I'd say chances are...yes, that is happening to others, too.

Appeared to be hardware/design flaw ?
Like there is no fall for ball to complete path, I was kinda hoping this would be addressed prior to shipping.

Perhaps get the pitch up closer to 7deg, if you haven't already?
Check there is not something small obstructing path ?
Clean with novus or similar to assist ball glide ?
Otherwise I'm confident there will be a fix around the corner

#5488 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

There was a note from SR inside Black Knight that said "We believe all the ball traps have been found and fixed", so even the simple games back then had a few traps.

MM used to get balls stuck on top of the castle when the trolls would pop them up - apparently they never had that happen in play testing, lol

#5489 5 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Shaker from Cointaker and mirror blades from... actually I'm not sure. LOL. I picked them up from a vendor at Pinfest. I think it may have been Colsond3's company but I'm not positive.
I've read people think MET and IMDN are similar but honestly, I can't see it. Just played IMDN for about 45 minutes and went to MET and no... not similar at all to me. Maybe the layout looks a little similar but game play? No. Not even close.
As far as Maiden as a music pin... I don't think it really is. I know you can play a bunch of songs but those are just background noise. The call out are where the game is. The two voices Stern chose are perfect. Like as in PER... FECT. You always know what you are shooting at. The music changing for modes is also damn near perfect. The mood shifts with the music and lights. It's really an awesome thing when you are playing in the basement and get to be "into" the game.

Agree with the voices - love how it's two and both do a GREAT job.

As for MET - just that right ramp. It's basically the same ramp but that's pretty much it. Left ramp is similar but different placement. Both feels super smooth like MET.

The game has excellent sound and effects.

#5490 5 years ago

i usually get mirror blades but look how sick these pinblades look.... I might have to get these instead. Torn right now actually....I like the UK flag on the inside....

https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/iron-maiden-union-jack-gameblades

#5491 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Appeared to be hardware/design flaw ?
Like there is no fall for ball to complete path, I was kinda hoping this would be addressed prior to shipping.
Perhaps get the pitch up closer to 7deg, if you haven't already?
Check there is not something small obstructing path ?
Clean with novus or similar to assist ball glide ?

Yep. A software change where the path never opens and an entry in the changelog that says it's working "as designed."

#5492 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

There was a note from SR inside Black Knight that said "We believe all the ball traps have been found and fixed", so even the simple games back then had a few traps.
MM used to get balls stuck on top of the castle when the trolls would pop them up - apparently they never had that happen in play testing, lol

Iron Maiden (Pro in the pic, but probably all) has a ball trap on the left side that's pretty obvious even if the ball has never dropped there. Hoping they address it.

maiden_pro_ball_trap (resized).jpgmaiden_pro_ball_trap (resized).jpg

#5493 5 years ago

“Smudge” not impressed, yet still intrigued.

FE0C70CA-506B-4D44-BE89-5A1402EEEAC4 (resized).jpegFE0C70CA-506B-4D44-BE89-5A1402EEEAC4 (resized).jpeg

#5494 5 years ago

I respect Smudge.
He ups his irons closer to the big speaker.

#5495 5 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

I came back to play the LE agian this morning and the owner/operator was fixing it.
It plays great now, he said he replaced a switch or two and had to mess with adjusting the Newton balls.
Got this score when the game was working proper without the pharaohs tomb disabled.
Sorry Fez

No need to apologize - 24 hours later, and I still have the #3 score. I'll take it!

#5496 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Iron Maiden (Pro in the pic, but probably all) has a ball trap on the left side that's pretty obvious even if the ball has never dropped there. Hoping they address it.

When I played yesterday, the ball got stuck, balanced on one of the drop targets to the right of the upper-left flipper. It dislodged when I shook the machine, but I had to tilt to get it off - the ball search didn't find it.

#5497 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

When I played yesterday, the ball got stuck, balanced on one of the drop targets to the right of the upper-left flipper. It dislodged when I shook the machine, but I had to tilt to get it off - the ball search didn't find it.

Yeah, that's happened to me, too, but it can be cleared with a little shake or another ball, so it wasn't as bad as the one on the left where you have to take the glass off to clear it. But ball search should maybe reset the drop targets on the second pass to auto-clear it.

#5498 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Agreed, 2 bad cabinets does not equal ALL IMDN cabinets are having problems and falling apart

While that is certainly true, a couple bad cabinets should make us ask some questions. These items are expensive. We need to know what to do to help prevent what happened on those two games from happening on our games.

If Stern is aware of what caused the problem on those two games and has addressed it themselves that’s all well and good, but I’ve not seen an indication such is the case.

#5499 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

While that is certainly true, a couple bad cabinets should make us ask some questions. These items are expensive. We need to know what to do to help prevent what happened on those two games from happening on our games.
If Stern is aware of what caused the problem on those two games and has addressed it themselves that’s all well and good, but I’ve not seen an indication such is the case.

I'm getting ready to order a pro. First nib, first stern. This is what I can expect ???

#5500 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This happened in the dead flip pro stern @ the stern factory. They said it was due to the game being a prototype game and has been addressed in the production game. By the looks of this picture....it has not been addressed. They need to put a clear plastic above the blue plastic that sits the same height as the pop bumper plastic. as they did on the LE which has the Piece of mind Eddie figure mounted on top of the clear plastic and prevents this problem.

78C70933-6CEF-4789-A29D-D771763F2001 (resized).png78C70933-6CEF-4789-A29D-D771763F2001 (resized).png

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens
Shooter rods
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
$ 300.00
6,350 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball
Decorations
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/110?hl=vividpsychosis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.